Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Be Nice To Me, I Gave Blood Today
arpeggiodreams
post Jun 11 2004, 11:06 PM
Post #1

salad dressing for is unsightly

Group: New Members
Member No.: 755

I've been getting calls from my local blood bank, so I decided to go give blood.

However, I've apparently not been eating right, because I fainted twice, got 12 icepacks, and got wheelchair-ed around....

It scared my friend who was with me, but I was glad that the staff was on top of things so well. Then my friend drove me home, and here I am... sitting in bed, pretty much not allowed out tongue.gif

And when I got home, my brother said that the Blood Center had called AGAIN to get me to come in and donate.

--------------------
I am too busy with all this dust and all these branches weighing on me
Proud member of the RPA--- saving the world,one irrelevancy at a time
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jun 11 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #2

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 197

they do a blood giving type thing at the union a few times a year....i might do it next time it comes around...even though it says in the booklet I shouldn't...but arse to that, I was free tea and biscuits

don't feel bad, my housemate had three nurses looking after her when she gave blood

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 11 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #3

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

Woo! Good work miss! *high fives*

I gave blood too, at the end of may. They especially bug me since I'm a universal donor. It is a good cause but damn those people on the phone give you the worst guilt trips. Its hard for me to give blood more since I don't drive around so ya.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 11 2004, 11:34 PM
Post #4

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I always mean to give blood, my name's down - but the problem is that I always get a piercing or tattoo within the six month period.

Therefore I'm never eligable to do so.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Jun 12 2004, 07:54 AM
Post #5

Well, I gave blood, fainted the first time, recovered, went to go to the canteen, ate some junk food, stood up to get more, and BAM! faceplant into the floor.

But I don't really remember it, because I blacked out... So they threw me in the wheelchair and stuck me back on the donating chair, and eventually wheeled me out to my car.

It was great fun, I've got another appointment set for August 11, exactly two months from today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 12 2004, 03:26 PM
Post #6

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

QUOTE (arpeggiodreams @ Jun 12 2004, 03:54 AM)
It was great fun, I've got another appointment set for August 11, exactly two months from today.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Glad you enjoyed it! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 12 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #7

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

I wish I could donate blood, but unfortunately I've spent too long in England/France, so the Canadian blood services won't accept my blood due to CVJ risks. Which is silly, since we've had mad cow in Alberta....

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 12 2004, 05:14 PM
Post #8

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Where's YOUR Blood Today?

Good that you gave blood. I don't think I'll be able to, but I can't come up with a specific reason. My parents never could.

Currently my blood is being testing for mono. The strep test turned up negative for my sore throat so they sucked some blood outta me dry.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Jun 15 2004, 07:45 AM
Post #9

Well... more excitement. Ever since I landed on the floor, my neck's been hurting on and off. So today, I was lying in bed, with the heating pad on my back, when I started getting dizzy and feeling like I was going to be sick.

So Mom and I went to the emergency room, where I was put in a soft collar in triage, and waited around 2.5 hours to get seen. They took x-rays, but said that they look completely normal. They gave me some Vicodin, and sent me home. Except it can't be normal, because this is some of the worst pain in my entire life.

The discharge instructions were for bedrest and heating pads on back for pain. Which is what I was doing. So I wasted a long time for nothing. And tomorrow I have to miss work and go to my doctor to make sure the hospital didn't screw up like normal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jun 15 2004, 08:31 AM
Post #10

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

aww, hunni! *hugs for a.d.* i've always found it's my doctor that screws up.
for example; i have acute stomach pain, go to doctor's. doctor looks down my throat, reassures me i have a lovely set of tonsils (obviously thinking it would cheer me up. bloody patronising male doctors)

i reply i had my tonsils and adenoids removed when i was five. dry.gif

he goes "ahh...yes, i can see now" and sheepishly stays quiet for a minute or two.
and i didn't even have appendicitis in the end, but the hospital also buggered up and took it out anyway. mad.gif

NHS... dry.gif
/random rant. right, back on topic, *more hugs* that sounds like not much fun. i hope the doctor gives you the all clear too. is giving blood at all painful, because as soon as i weigh enough i'm off to the next donor session smile.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Jun 15 2004, 05:15 PM
Post #11

I just turn my head away when they poke me with the needle... Then you just get to relax in the comfy chair until you're all done draining into the little bag biggrin.gif

However, if you move your arm while it's got the needle in it, it hurts a little, but not bad. Just a stinging sensation.

But, I've never had a problem about not weighing enough-- I dunno if it will hurt more/make you faint.

--------------------

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Jun 15 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #12

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I'm not allowed to give blood even though I want to and am type O (apparantly vegaterian anemics with a mysterious fainting disorder are not what they had in mind when they asked for donors). I'm perfectly alright with needles, though...I think it feels neat when they take your blood and you feel the plastic tube and it's really hot. Supposing blood tests and ivs feel the same as donation, the needles aren't even painful when you move--just sort of there and uncomfortable. Hope your feeling bad isn't anything too nasty--some people just react badly. Last time I had needles poked in me the doctor gave me nitroglycerin ("to see what it does to you") and it gave me such a bad headache I wanted to jump out a window. Which would have made it hurt more, so I didn't.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 16 2004, 04:19 PM
Post #13

Aww, that sucks.

Yeah, I think it's sort of eat when they take blood too. It doesn't really hurt me anymore. Some people get faint at the sight of blood, but I think it looks cool. unsure.gif I wanna take a bottle after they drain and do something artsy with it. Anyways, IVs are OK...I've only had one I can remember, and they didn't numb it. It was fine anyway. Good news: My sore throat is about gone and I don't have mono! Bad news: I got my tetanus shot yesterday and it hurts still mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 16 2004, 04:25 PM
Post #14

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Jun 16 2004, 05:19 PM)
I wanna take a bottle after they drain and do something artsy with it.

I saw an excellent painting once that was done with the artist's menstrual blood for paint...

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jun 16 2004, 06:29 PM
Post #15

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

I'm sorry, but i just have to ask..........what was it a painting of?

*prepares self for answer*

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 16 2004, 06:53 PM
Post #16

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

A bird, I think - it was a long time ago I saw it, and it wasn't realist, but I seem to remember it being a bird.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 16 2004, 09:21 PM
Post #17

Interesting. I'd rather take some blood from my arm though... unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 12:05 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!