IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Withdrawal Symptoms, Taking their toll on my system.
Righteous
post Jun 13 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

I've been off and on Matazone erradicly (sp?). I've been taken off a semi-toxic mix of highly potent expensive drugs and am being put on one cheap non-toxic drug. The only problem with that is I've been going through severe withdraw symptoms. They come and go but they're really severe. They've been subsiding (you know this if you've read what's on my site), but they're still pretty bad. A few days ago, I felt like I was going through detox. These drugs are really that strong. My head's clearing up now and I'm starting to become"okay" for the first time in a long time (hence the drug change). I still have a long road of fatigue, nausea irritability, hot and cold flashes, chills, headaches and erradic mood changes and I'm not sure how long this'll all last. Please keep me in your prayers or at least your thoughts.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go lie down.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jun 14 2004, 03:48 AM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Be well soon.

Hope whatever the drugs were for has also cleared your system.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 14 2004, 05:08 AM
Post #3

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Sounds like a rollercoaster through S**tville... I wish you well.

You think they would wean you off, but I guess not. I'm no medication fan; I can't trust myself with any anymore.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Cthulhu
post Jun 14 2004, 06:26 AM
Post #4

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 233

Never been on Lithium, my sister takes depakote(sp) and she's usually mindfunked most of the time. She used to be very outspoken and boisterous (not saying that it was bad, we had fun) but lately she's been just, out of it all the time. I dunno about some of these damned psychotropics, I take Xanax for agoraphobia and anxiety neurosis and it works fine, I don't have the kind of mood my sister does and don't suffer from any sexual issues or anything like that, I'm just glad I never had to screw with prozac or any of the other fun drugs like that. Prozac makes me very suicidal, they tried it once, bad bad bad thing martha! I also take Zoloft for depression, also seems to work well. I've been on these things most of my life though so, who knows? Much luck with your new treatment and hopefully it'll work out for you.

-Mike

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jun 14 2004, 10:21 AM
Post #5

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

hang in there *hug*

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jun 14 2004, 02:20 PM
Post #6

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

A while ago I was thinking about posting a subject just like this, actually. For the last 2 or 3 weeks (honestly I can't remember) I've been doing all sorts of weird stuff- different pills, injesting weird things, smoking a lot more pot than normal. I mean, I normally smoke a decent amount, but I've had it around me a lot more latey, what with everyone being excited about school ending in 3 days. About 4 days ago I woke up (painfully sober) and was sweating and I like, started shaking randomly. I've been sober since I woke up all weird (my organs are gurgling and stuff and my stomach hurts like a b**ch) but I'm afraid there's something wrong with me. The sad thing is, the 17th (last day of school) I'm planning to do some more sh*t. I have no will power. Anyway, I don't know if I had "withdrawal symptoms", and I'm definately not being treated for anything, and I'm definately not a crack head or something, but my experience really kinda scared me. I mean, I've always experimented with whatever they'd put in my hand, but the last month or so was one continuous high, not a second of my day was sober (I spent a good deal of money too). I was kind of wondering what was happening to me, if anyone knows. I don't think I'm going through withdrawal, because there was never any one single substance I kept doing ('cept pot, but I've gone weeks without it and have been fine, except maybe being moody) so maybe my body was just sad and mad at me. Who knows.

Sorry about your pain sad.gif

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 14 2004, 04:26 PM
Post #7

Shut up, noob!

A while ago I was thinking about posting a subject just like this, actually.

blink.gif Whoa. Trippy.

Now that I'm off of these drugs, I'm actually starting to experience the mild cycles I once did, which kicks ass because I usually have longer, not-too-severe manic cycles where I'm more creative, motivated and energetic. Music is starting to become more of an experience again, I can focus batter and I have the motivation to go outside. The symptoms are continuing to subside and I'm starting to feel a lot better, though I still experience nausea and fatigue (I slept twelve hours last night).

You might want to ease off the pharmaecopia there, ARC. First, it's not good to mess with your system while you're so young. Second, serious stuff like that can seriously damage you and screw your life up (like the drugs I took did to me; four jobs and three auto accidents; thanks doc) I found out that the drugs I took acted as a catalyst to addiction, which is one reason it's been hard for me to get off of booze, cigs and pot. Now that I'm off, I can smoke pot on a recreational basis and be fine. I used to do drugs to compensate for what the pills I took prevented me from experiencing. The worst drug I've ever done is snort Aderol (in the middle of geometry class) and it gave me a manic high for the first time in a long time. I also smoked pot because it made me feel creative and the hallucinagentic properties made me experience things like I once did (my brain is like a living drug without a hangover; that's why I'm so glad to be rid of these pills) and there have been times where my body's gotten "pissed" at me for going without it. My guess is now my body's used to being on these mind-numbers and is going nuts that they aren't still messing me up. I'll be okay. I hope at least. sad.gif I need a hug.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 14 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #8

-hugs for Ri-

I really woudn't recommend fooling with pills. I myself am very wary of them. Especially my antidepressants - isn't it funny how I was on the highest dose ever in my life when I attempted suicide? dry.gif Whoops, maybe the drug I was on for depression for 3 1/2 years was leading to my downward spiral!

But I'm amazed they took you off cold turkey - whenever I go more than a day without my meds, I can get violent. Normally I would be calm and depressed (and still am despite taking 300mg Effexor [hey, the max adult dose is 225!]) but without the meds I start screaming, wielding knives, and being very destructive. The physical side effects have never bothered me as much as the mental ones. But it still sucks. When I was in the mental hospital, a lot of people were taking Depakote, even more so Seraquil (sp). Meds meds meds. I'm also taking Clonopin, which is anti-anxiety, and is probably slowly sucking my energy away. I don't know anymore. Meds can be miracles or nasty stuff.

/Rant

Feel better Ri!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 14 2004, 08:29 PM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

But I'm amazed they took you off cold turkey - whenever I go more than a day without my meds, I can get violent. Normally I would be calm and depressed (and still am despite taking 300mg Effexor [hey, the max adult dose is 225!]) but without the meds I start screaming, wielding knives, and being very destructive.

They didn't. They took me off first the smaller Effexor pill, then the second large Effexor pill and now the last large Effexor pill (I forgot their mgs). The only problems regarding mood I'm experiencing are erradic mood changes, heightened eccentricity and irritability (on the bright side, I'm getting my old temper back which may mean nothing to you guys but given varying degrees of pissed-ness or having to choose between really, really pissed and really, really not, I'd go with the previous). I have been snapping at people (sorry Trina sad.gif ) but things'll eventually smooth out. I'm losing the physical side effects more and more and am getting plenty of energy, so apparently I'm on my way to a full recovery. Snoogins.

If I'm more eccentric then normal, you guys now know why.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 14 2004, 08:43 PM
Post #10

Great news that you're on your way. If they switch up my meds and take me down on the Effexor, they better be careful...your pills were probably 37.5, 75, 150 mg.

What's a Ri without a healthy temper? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 14 2004, 09:39 PM
Post #11

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Jun 14 2004, 04:43 PM)
What's a Ri without a healthy temper? wink.gif

Hopefully I'll be able to deal with it in a better manner. I'm out of practice.

I don't know how many of you guys are bipolar and I assume most won't get this, but for me it feels so liberating being off of these drugs. See, I enjoy certain aspects of my illness, like the euphoria and the energy (so long as I can keep a clear head when needed, which is usually often). Not to mention, my creativity is taking off and I'm seriously loving it, even if I do get ill and tired at times and my eccentricity is slightly alarming, but that'll pass. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 14 2004, 10:49 PM
Post #12

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

Well at least you are getting better and that's the main thing. I remember when my mom took painkillers for her broken/fused ankle. No she wasn't tripped out or anything, but I remember her telling me she had so many painkillers and stuff in her system that her body then just became amuned to it. I'm guessing its the same with meds that you speak of.

Anyways, get better soon Ri *hugs*

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jun 14 2004, 11:53 PM
Post #13

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

I need a hug

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif *begins to frantically pack bags in hopes of hugging you sooner*

*tackles you with uber hugs (and lots of them)*

I love you hun, if you need me I'm here for you day and night smile.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 19 2004, 12:56 AM
Post #14

Shut up, noob!

Tell me if this makes sense: Now that I'm back to being myself, I look back at how I used to think, act and feel and it's like I'm looking at a different person. I mean, yeah that was me, but it's as if my consciousness been transplanted into a different brain. I look back at certain things and I'm like, "Who the hell was that? Oh hell, that was me." It's really creepy. I also did a lot of shooting myself in the foot (Goddamn meds were a direct cause in my losing three jobs dry.gif ) which is just great. Goddamn pills.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord of darness
post Jun 19 2004, 01:41 AM
Post #15

Pocky Ninja Master

Member No.: 205

Good luck man and feel better soon.

--------------------
DDR MASTER
I am the Pocky Ninja Master |>34|2 |)4 |\|!\|\J4
My new minoin is MATA I snached him first YAH!!!
A member of Mr Snaffleburger Death Cult
I have a acid bunny named fluffy the distroyer
I have a Vadka Imp named Jenifer she give me tasty jucies and sell well (yummm Vadka)
I peadged to ish go ish

click for pic (sorry, the pic's a little too big...debs)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 11:03 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!