Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Superpowers
Sir Maxerpopple
post Jun 15 2004, 10:17 PM
Post #1

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 644

If you could have a superpower(s), what would they be? Are they reflective of you, what you aspire to be, or just something you want? Superhero or supervillain, or a Hulk type combo? Who would your enemies be, what would your environment be like? Anything I left out, do add.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jun 15 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #2

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,105

Heh. I've got a character all thought up... actually a team, but that will be saved for the video game series. (By the way... you forgot the costume)

So which do you want? I guess I'll give you the one that really reflects my personality.

His name is quite simply Mike. Kind of one those big guys; he wears a denim vest, a white tee shirt, jeans, and big ol' boots. He's got flaming hair that runs around his shoulders, topped by a black cowboy hat, and he pretty much always wears his sunglasses. His ear is pierced, and has a badass tatoo on his bicep.

Mike's major distinction (besides him being seven feet tall, having big muscular arms, and a rather huge belley) is the giant axe he carries around on his back. It's a really big axe... we're talking big. He has power over fire, too, along with the axe and implied super strenth.

I guess you could call him a superhero, but he would really describe himself as an apathetic. He fights when he needs to (that's what the big ass axe is for!,) but really, he'd rather be sitting at the bar listening to jazz and drinking. He doesn't really care about anything; saving the world is fun, but he'd rather use his mastery of the flame as a party trick or to light his cigarette.

His enemies? They're really just the people that mess with him and his friends. Granted, they tend to be people hell bent on raising some dead god through the occult or some such, but an ass is an ass and they were made for kicking. His environment is more or less the bar, his apartment, his coffee house, or whereever the hell his wacky misadventures take him.

Other than that? He really likes coffee, is kind of a womanizer (and what? mannanizer?) and likes swing music a lot.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Jun 15 2004, 11:22 PM
Post #3

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

I actually do have a super power. It is the ability to drink quantities of alcohol that could literally kill lesser beings, yet suffer no hangovers. Fear me!

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 16 2004, 01:31 AM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ah, but Fuzzy, you do have one weakness. I think it was the cheap whisky that did it.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Jun 16 2004, 01:35 AM
Post #5

So which do you want?
Whatever you want. smile.gif

As for me, I haven't really formulated one yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jun 16 2004, 04:36 AM
Post #6

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I really enjoyed a villain I played once in an RPG. A multiple personality with the unfortunate combo of traits of bloodlust and paranoia. They feared her to the extent of burning her corpse and widely scattering her ashes. Much fun.

That said I've always favoured the superheros who are such due to intelligence and hard work. Batman or Hawkeye for example. Rather than those just handed their powers.

Who else is waiting for the new Pixar flick? - The Incredibles

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Jun 16 2004, 08:36 AM
Post #7

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

I would be the Capitalist fighting Communist machine that is Neo-Matt-Revolution! Some would see him as the hero of Russia, some would see him as the great destroyer that destroyed their capitalist pig-lands! He would have err, a cape that was red with stars on it, and a red suit (like Rugal for anyone who knows) and his super ability would be to have a constant supply of Mao Ti (51% Vodka) in his left blazer pocket, which he can use to throw and people, destroying their eyesight and nasal senses, or drink to become SSJ1337 Matt!!!! He's the same but drunk and looser.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 16 2004, 12:31 PM
Post #8

My direction

Member No.: 495

Oooooh.... playing bad guys is fun biggrin.gif In BG2 I had an evil chracter who could only just get into town without being attacked on sight by all the guards. When you go down to the underdark, you have to masquerade as drow, and I dont remember the exact words but the DROW told me I was evil +sick biggrin.gif She was just about the sickest, most evil, sociopathic b*tch ever. As my friend put it "Jesus, you'll do anything and anyone to get to the top with her won't you?"

That said I'd much rather be liked and popular so I would probably end up being a good guy. Power-wise, I would much rather be fast, stealthy or whatever than tough (although "tough" probably applies to most Superheroes.) I believe the traditional female hero costume is quite revealing, so i would have to think about it to find something appropriate tongue.gif

HIncidentally, has anyone else ever come accross GURPS Supers?

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Jun 16 2004, 05:32 PM
Post #9

I'm thinking powers of psionics (telekenisis, mind control, telepathy) would be icnredibly useful, along with invisibility. I would say the ability to walk through solid objects, but it could be more of a hassle that way. Everytime you would go through a wall, you'd have to jump up and rematerialize before you hit the groud, or you'll fall through the floor and have a tough, if not impossible time getting out. But those are all things that pale in comparison to what I truly want.

The power I would really like to have would be astral-forming. The ability to let anything I think of be it object, living thing, or environment, materialize into being. I wouldn't want to be a super hero or villain, too many obligations. I'd prefer to slip in between worlds of my choosing, and if anyone gives me any trouble, you sick an invented monster on them. Since I did forget costume, I would have to say some flowy robe thing similar to what the acolytes wear in Warcarft 3. As seen here--

In short, I want to be a god. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 16 2004, 09:19 PM
Post #10

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I would like to have the power of invisibility. I'd use it for my own needs. You know - spying on people, robbing banks, driving people mad by moving stuff around. I suppose that would make me a supervillian?

I'd also like the power to make things explode. Melons, petrol stations, peoples heads - that sort of thing.

Ohhh - and I'd like an indestructable truck to drive around in. A blue one. For when people are being arses on the motorway, I can just ram them out of the way with no worries about damaging my truck.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
jicama
post Jun 16 2004, 09:37 PM
Post #11

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Member No.: 46

every time i miss the bus, i wish i had nightcrawler's ability to teleport. or when i have a bunch of heavy things to carry around, like moving furniture up a few flights of stairs. or when i've locked myself out of the house. yep, for my day to day life, teleportation is the power that would come in handy the most. flying and telekenisis would be cool too, but i think telepathy would just be awkward and uncomfortable.

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jun 16 2004, 09:43 PM
Post #12

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I've created tons of characters with superpowers...kinda hard for me to choose.
I suppose I'd have the power to fly, with the ability to shoot laser ribbons and fire from my hands (the fire is baby blue and white). It would be good for quick revenge for the little things in life. lol

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Lord of darness
post Jun 17 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #13

Pocky Ninja Master

Member No.: 205

I would have the power to teleport though time to where and when I want at will.

That or become a dragon at will. Probly time travil so I can get both lol.

As for hero or villan I would be the dark hero. Serves himself but in the end dose what he feels is right. (best exsample I can think of right now is lina inverse from slayers) <she isnt that good an exsample>

--------------------
DDR MASTER
I am the Pocky Ninja Master |>34|2 |)4 |\|!\|\J4
My new minoin is MATA I snached him first YAH!!!
A member of Mr Snaffleburger Death Cult
I have a acid bunny named fluffy the distroyer
I have a Vadka Imp named Jenifer she give me tasty jucies and sell well (yummm Vadka)
I peadged to ish go ish

click for pic (sorry, the pic's a little too big...debs)

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jun 17 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #14

word

Member No.: 359

I be telepathic

and i can fly!!!

Id also want the power to morph into other...stuff!

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Jun 17 2004, 01:16 AM
Post #15

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

My superpower, in an ideal world, would be the ability to pull the new barmaid at my local bar.

okay, so I suck, but she really is rather lovely.

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 17 2004, 02:08 PM
Post #16

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

The best superpower I think I've ever come up with is the ability to control, absorb and manitpulate kinetic energy. This can have many uses. If somthing's falling on me and a group of people, I can fire energy at it to slow it down as it falls. If a car's coming at me, I could touch it on it's hood and suck the energy into me, sending the occupants flying. I could also get some minor telekinesis going. My favorite aspect of this power would be the ability to take a buttload of hits from a group of people then take the absorbed energy and get wicked. I'd wear either my black jumpsuit, my blue jumpsuit, my gray jumpsuit or blue jeans, black tee shirt and my hagggard-ass black jean jacket.

When my band was together, we came up with a whole superhero (or more like antihero) thing and all of us had our own powers. Bane could turn into a werewolf. Kaio could turn into a big, violent, hulking mass (or rather, moreso than he already is). Simple could alter the density of matter he touched. I forget Rratth's, Igo's and Malignant's, but they were cool.

Like I said, we were all antiheroes. Screw being good when you can be bad-ass.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Jun 17 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #17

Speed of Life

QUOTE (Righteous @ Jun 17 2004, 03:08 PM)
The best superpower

I believe that would be time. You could either A)Go back and kill Hitler (although someone more evil might take his place) or cool.gif Get hit, know what the person is going to do then pwn them. Thus, if you ever tried to put my energy back into me, I would go back in time, and sniper you! Of course if you sniped me I would go back in time and dodge the bullet.

+Quote Post
Lord of darness
post Jun 17 2004, 04:01 PM
Post #18

Pocky Ninja Master

QUOTE (Mutilation @ Jun 17 2004, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (Righteous @ Jun 17 2004, 03:08 PM)
The best superpower

I believe that would be time. You could either A)Go back and kill Hitler (although someone more evil might take his place) or cool.gif Get hit, know what the person is going to do then pwn them. Thus, if you ever tried to put my energy back into me, I would go back in time, and sniper you! Of course if you sniped me I would go back in time and dodge the bullet.

the best part of that power is you can pul a bill and ted. Plan on coming latter to help yourself. By doing that you wont ever get killed becouse as soon as a fight happens there are more then one of oyu and the other knows all.

--------------------
DDR MASTER
I have a Vadka Imp named Jenifer she give me tasty jucies and sell well (yummm Vadka)
I peadged to ish go ish

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Jun 17 2004, 05:29 PM
Post #19

Speed of Life

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDEEEE!!! There'd be 69 of us to beat everyone!!!

Anyway...

Meh, pulling a Bill and Ted would be cool. I could also go back and punch that guy in the face. You know, that guy.

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Jun 17 2004, 06:51 PM
Post #20

Of course if you sniped me I would go back in time and dodge the bullet.
Problem, you can't go back in time if you're dead, and if you're dead from a sniper bullet, you're screwed and dead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Jun 17 2004, 07:58 PM
Post #21

Speed of Life

QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Jun 17 2004, 07:51 PM)
Of course if you sniped me I would go back in time and dodge the bullet.
Problem, you can't go back in time if you're dead, and if you're dead from a sniper bullet, you're screwed and dead.

You obviously haven't played enough Prince of Persia. You die, you press Right Trigger. Hurray!

+Quote Post
Lord of darness
post Jun 17 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #22

Pocky Ninja Master

well real life dose have that proublem. The thing is that time traviling is quite usefull in getting the training needed to solve any proublem. You owuld have all the time in the world. Also oyu can teach yourself in the past to lower the time it takes to learn junk.

--------------------
DDR MASTER
I peadged to ish go ish

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 17 2004, 08:20 PM
Post #23

Shut up, noob!

I think Marrow from the X-Men has a cool power. She can pull put of her body parts of bone and use them as weapons. Hemmingway from Gene Nation is cool, too. He can grow to really, really big sizes.

What about powers that are kind of non-traditional? Domino unconciously manipulates the situations around her givin her heightened "luck." I think it's be cool to be have enhanced (not super) strength, speed, reflexes and agility and be like John Travolta's character (Vincent Vega) in Pulp Fiction.

Also oyu can teach yourself in the past to lower the time it takes to learn junk.

So then I really could learn to skate...

BTW, Kaio, as I mentioned earlier, really is a big hulking mass of man. He's like a smaller, less rocky version of the Thing, except with blonde hair. The scary thing is, I can see him having that superpower IRL.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kamaradi
post Jun 17 2004, 08:23 PM
Post #24

Worrying

Member No.: 953

The ability to alter reality.

$1 to Lerris

--------------------
Kamaradi.

user posted image

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 17 2004, 09:17 PM
Post #25

Shut up, noob!

The ability to alter reality.

Come on, man. That's so uncreative. You can do better than that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:10 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!