IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Make-up Poll!, How often do you wear make-up?
What's your gender, and how often do you wear make-up?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 54
Guests cannot vote 
Artemisia
post Jun 21 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #1

never enough yaoi in the world...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 783

Mooooon Preeesaaam Pow-ah Make-up!

So, do you wear any? I put "full face" to mean stuff like doing eyes, cheeks, and lips, where as "small amount" might only be 1 or 2 things, like foundation and mascara, whatever. Have any favorite brands?

I wear dabs of concealer/foundation every day for blemishes and dark eye circles, but will do a full face for going out as I am kind of girly. I like Cover Girl and Maybelline, but when I'm feeling flush I treat myself to Clinique (costly, sold at The Bay).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
markslut
post Jun 21 2004, 06:08 PM
Post #2

Probably sees visions

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 909

I need to practice - I do want to empisise my eyes more

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
Gothymothy girl
post Jun 21 2004, 06:16 PM
Post #3

Bleeg?

Member No.: 1,021

I never wear makeup. . . I have no reason to yet. . . I might next year though; be a little different every year. ^.^

--------------------
>(|||> Pround owner of the Uber-carrot! Ph34r it! Come closer. . . so I can slap the sh*t out of you! . . . do I LOOK like a friggin people person? Bumper stickers are so lame. . . Bumper STICKS are where it's at! You should duct tape a stick to your bumper and be like me!
. . . I'm hearing voices but all they do is complain. . .
What if I had a mustard-drenched cucumber tied to my leg and I did not want my pants to get dirty? Ya better checkety-check yourself before ya wreckety-wreck yourself! Once you finally create something original, someone comes along and steals it. . . not to say that's a BAD thing. . .

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jun 21 2004, 06:28 PM
Post #4

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

My eyes look like piss holes in the snow without mascars. I need to experiment more with my make up as I always look pale. I generally go with natural tones. I don't wear much eye make up in the summer as its too damd hot and ends up all over my face, but I like to glam up when I go out smile.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 21 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #5

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I'll put on eyeliner every once-in-a-while. I have nice eyes (or so I'm told) and I like to emphasize them. I've worn thick eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick befote.I liked it but I got a lot of accusations that I'm "kwur" (redneck pronounciation of 'queer'; say aloud a few times).

EDIT: In retrospect, I think it was kinda cool with me completely glammed out busting my ass in the weight room, which happened a lot.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jun 21 2004, 06:52 PM
Post #6

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

In retrospect, I think it was kinda cool with me completely glammed out busting my ass in the weight room, which happened a lot.

Hah! Wonderful!

I'm working every weekday, so obviously I'm made-up for that. However, if I'm not going out the house, I refuse to wear make-up. It's such a lot of effort. If I looked Ok without make-up, I wouldn't wear it, but I'm told I look ill without it (what nice friends I have...).

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jun 21 2004, 07:20 PM
Post #7

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I only wear make up on rare occasions. Sometimes I put it on just for the shock value of me wearing make up. Sometimes I put it on because I'm going somewhere where I want to have darkened eyes and darkened lips. I never wear anything more than eyeliner, mascara and lipstick though, because anything else I just sweat right off.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jun 21 2004, 07:42 PM
Post #8

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

I never wear makeup. I don't even own a lipstick. Or an eyeliner. Or anything else like that. I experimented with lipstick for two days in high school, then just threw that crap away because it wasn't me and I hated worrying about it smearing all the time. I touch my face too much.

Aside from that brief experimentation, I regularly wear chapstick on my lips, and I sometimes wear nail polish. I don't think that really counts as makeup, but that's the closest I can get to it. Nailpolish looks cool and doesn't smear, and chapstick is functional, so I'm good to go.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jun 21 2004, 07:54 PM
Post #9

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

Hmm.. I like The shiney clear lip gloss, and I go all out on my eyes. But that's it, lip gloss and eyes. I have good skin, so I don't need foundation. Hmm.. but here goes.. lip gloss, black mascara, black eye liner, black eyeshadow followed by dark grey eye shadow, followed by light grey eye shadow, kinda all fades from one colour to another... looks really cool... I hate hate hate hate hate lip stick, the coloured kind. bleh. And I think guys look hot with lotsa make up or none at all. Like.. the lead singer from HIM -=drools=- he's a hottie.

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jun 21 2004, 10:25 PM
Post #10

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Does lipgloss count as makeup?

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 21 2004, 10:38 PM
Post #11

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

QUOTE (Artemisia @ Jun 21 2004, 12:35 PM)
Mooooon Preeesaaam Pow-ah Make-up!

I know I giggled.

I wear makeup when I leave the house, it's not normally anything too obvious, but enough so that I know I don't look like crapola. It's been an almost-everyday thing as of late since I'm working.

During the school year, I wear so much less. Something about apathy that goes along with universities.

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jun 21 2004, 11:57 PM
Post #12

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

I consider lipgloss make-up... It's something that you put on to make yourself look better.. so yeah.. Hehe.. Sailor Moon rocks. tongue.gif

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
#tay
post Jun 22 2004, 01:10 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,165

I wear Make-Up about as often as I buy new clothes... which is to say hardly ever. I think the most amount of make-up I ever did wear was a bit of eyeliner. And that's it. I found out it really brings out the shape of my eyes. ^ ^; So it's my favorite make-up as well. I'm thinking of trying to put on a lot more, maybe do a mixture between a bright color and black, making the colors gradually blend into each other.

--------------------
A proud DDR Freak. Though I still need training. = =;

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 22 2004, 02:19 AM
Post #14

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

Depends on how I feel, and how much time I have in the morning. And the weather. Summer does not work for black eyeliner+ complicated makeup--I sweat, and the makeup melts, which isn't so attractive.

Right now, I have mascara, and lip balm, and that's about it.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 22 2004, 02:29 AM
Post #15

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

I used to never wear makeup. Now I wear a small amount each day. Mainly just light foundation to cover stuff up, clear mascara (I have really long lashes and they're already dark, it just helps to define them), and clear lip gloss. Pretty much the same if I'm going out. I don't like wearing anything that smears easily (other than the lip gloss, I guess). I'm always touching my face, and I don't like worrying about eyeliner looking insane by the time I step in front of a mirror again.

Side note: my sister is obessed with Real World (as in MTV's Real World...I know, I know... dry.gif ), and always seems to be watching it whenever I'm over at her house. There is this one girl on there who is blonde and wears insanely clumpy mascara. I honestly just want to say to her, "Honey, don't go out like that. You look like a clown." Then I want to scrub all that crap off of her face and teach her how to apply it properly. Is anyone else this disturbed when they see clumpy mascara? It drives me insane. blink.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
#tay
post Jun 22 2004, 02:33 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,165

QUOTE (candice @ Jun 21 2004, 07:29 PM)
Is anyone else this disturbed when they see clumpy mascara? It drives me insane. blink.gif

:laughs: I can understand how you feel, but most of the time when I see people with clumpy Mascara, I find it kind of attractive. Call me crazy, but I really like the "messy, just-got-out-of-bed-and-never-paid-attention" look that clumpy mascara gives you. XD; But that's just me.

Of course, there has to be some individual lashes as well. If almost all of it is clumped together, THAT I can't stand. ><;

--------------------
A proud DDR Freak. Though I still need training. = =;

+Quote Post
DoRmAnt
post Jun 22 2004, 03:53 AM
Post #17

envision

Member No.: 983

i have to go full face during the week...i work at a bank and i have to be professional ...bla bla...it sucks, but how else can you get the big bucks from the customers...you expect me to rely on my charm?? HA laugh.gif

--------------------
you know you want to own me...oh wait! you can't! HA! my master is The Tortured Soul
>>>>FOREVER IN MY HEART CLAY>>>>r.i.p. january 28, 1984 - april 8, 2004
@}----

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jun 22 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #18

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

I went through a make-up phase in 7th and 8th grade, but I never wear it anymore. First, it takes way more time than it's worth, and if you screw up you have to start all over again. Second, I'm beautiful without it tongue.gif Seriously, I have nice curvey, dark eyelashes, nice light pink lips, rosey cheeks (from games about not breathing I played in elementary school) and high cheekbones. I don't need much else. Third, it costs way too much to glop chemicals on your face. Fourth, I never remember to wash it off at night, so I wake up with it smeared. Fifth, with dark make-up I look like SUPA-GOTH, and no offense to the goths out there, but that's not my cup o' tea.

If I do wear make-up, it's when I'm bored or messed up. My friend says it looks best when I do it messed up. I'll only wear eyeliner and mascara, and put it on before bed so it has a nice musky sorta look when I wake up. It doesn't smear because I don't put it on in vats like I used to.

Listen, if you're naturally pretty, don't wear make-up. It's much more impressive, because everyone knows when you are and aren't wearing make-up. Even if you're not naturally pretty, it still shows you have confidence when you don't plaster it on with a spatula, and you can always accentuate on a good aspect of your body (hair, boobs, nice legs, etc.)

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Mazling
post Jun 22 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #19

Worrying

Member No.: 1,153

First off..... I was to put on make-up I would have no fricken idea of what goes where...... and secondly I dont need make up biggrin.gif

I also think guys that wear make-up are gay.. No offense..

--------------------
Mazle
‡God-Like-Rabbit‡
ˆLet's pretend your a camel.ˆ
„Blue and Blonde„
•I'm a blanker•
_.·˜¯ª¯˜·._
Do the wave ^

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jun 22 2004, 04:11 PM
Post #20

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

NO! Guys who wear make-up are dead freaking sexy. Especially eyeliner wub.gif Oh my god... I love guys who wear make-up....

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jun 22 2004, 06:11 PM
Post #21

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I wear lipstick every few months or so. And that's it. I'm too pale for most foundation or powder, so I look like a clown when I wear it. I've found exactly one kind of powder that is my color, the pale-pale white color that goths use. But it's a bit hard to find, and expensive when I do find it, so I don't buy any. And I'm always picking at my nails, so I don't wear polish. And I wear glasses, so I see no point in making up my eyes when the lenses in my glasses are too thick for the casual observer to see clearly through. But I do look kickass in a dark red lipstick.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jun 22 2004, 06:25 PM
Post #22

Microwave your children

NO! Guys who wear make-up are dead freaking sexy. Especially eyeliner  Oh my god... I love guys who wear make-up....

Ditto. Sometimes it can be very very nice, although doesn't work with everyone.

Also, I'd not like someone who'd take longer to get ready than I do. That just completely defies the laws of nature.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jun 22 2004, 06:35 PM
Post #23

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

QUOTE (acid_rain_child @ Jun 22 2004, 04:56 AM)
Even if you're not naturally pretty, it still shows you have confidence when you don't plaster it on with a spatula, and you can always accentuate on a good aspect of your body (hair, boobs, nice legs, etc.)

To hell with accentuating yet another part of my body. I care more about accentuating my mind. That's one reason I never cared to wear makeup -- it's only expected of wimmin, but guys can get away with not wearing it. People are more critical of wimmin who don't wear makeup because, never mind the importance of developing our minds -- supposedly our most important job is to look good.

/end slightly off-topic rant

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jun 22 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #24

Microwave your children

To hell with accentuating yet another part of my body. I care more about accentuating my mind. That's one reason I never cared to wear makeup -- it's only expected of wimmin, but guys can get away with not wearing it. People are more critical of wimmin who don't wear makeup because, never mind the importance of developing our minds -- supposedly our most important job is to look good.

*applause*

This is true. Men can also get away with not shaving and not being stick-thin. They also get to pee standing up, and don't have to deal with an baby-making-related malarky (periods, PMS, pregnancy, birth). They really do have it easy.

I wish I could get away with not wearing make-up, but, alas...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 22 2004, 08:19 PM
Post #25

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I've nulled my vote. I wear make - up often but generally only if I know that I have to leave the house.

If I'm just popping to the shop or going over to my brothers then I'll just whack some foundation on to even my skin tone. If I know that I'm going into work or out for the day I'll do my full face but that's just foundation and eye make up. I can generally be ready in 5 minutes even when I'm gothing it up for the evening. To be quite honest if it takes longer then 15 minutes it's a lost cause... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 03:53 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!