Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Growing Up Tall Isn't Such A Bad Thing
Jaq
post Jun 23 2004, 05:41 AM
Post #1

Took this grammar!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 165

For those of you who don't know I just started a job teaching overseas in Seoul, South Korea. I'm having a really good time so far and the city is just amazing. There's one thing that makes me kind of sad though. There are about 8 other foreign teachers, most of them around my age, female and from Canada (there are a couple guys and one girl from America). Now these girls are fat by no stretch of the imagination and they're also not what I'd call shallow. But except for me, they all have seemed to developed some kind of... I wouldn't call it an eating disorder, but they all go to a varying degree weirdness to lose weight. There are three girls right now who are taking injections in their thighs and diet pills to lose weight, another one who is on the Atkins diet, and the other ones are on vague diets. It's all kind of sad. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't do this at home, because they all seem to be intelligent down to earth girls but in Korea about 90% of the people are really thin and quite short. People who would feel normal in Canada or the States are feeling tall and monstrous.

Fortunately I'm used to feeling bigger and taller than most women, so I don't think I'll be getting fat melting shots in my legs any time soon....

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jun 23 2004, 09:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

That's good because you're perfect and beautiful and wonderful just as you are. I wouldn't want you any other way.

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post Jun 23 2004, 09:14 PM
Post #3

not forgotten

Member No.: 323

Durn tootin', that's knid of scary actually...:S and it's probably that kind of behaviour that's spreading eating disorders to the East, before it was an almost purely Western problem but since the cultures have mixed it's cropping up in Asia and the like a lot more too sad.gif

--------------------
Little solace comes to those who grieve
When thoughts keep drifting
As walls keep shifting
And this great blue world of ours
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jun 24 2004, 06:14 PM
Post #4

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Being tall and monsterous is kinda fun....though people tend to find me slightly unapproachable....which makes me sad sad.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jul 4 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #5

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jun 24 2004, 07:14 PM)
Being tall and monsterous is kinda fun....though people tend to find me slightly unapproachable....which makes me sad sad.gif

What, cuddly ickle you? Ridiculous! wink.gif

Don't you start going weird and diety on us, Jenn. Let your natural loveliness shine!

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 4 2004, 06:58 PM
Post #6

My direction

Member No.: 495

Isnt the world a lovely place? :mad: *mutters something about diets and stupidity and womens magazines*

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 4 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #7

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I've never been able to understand the dieting craze. I'm 5' 3" and curvey, just the way the Goddess intended me to be, and I'm quite content. I'm actually a touch too curvey for my frame, but my fiancee loves me just the way I am, so I'm content to leave things as they are so long as I'm healthy. smile.gif

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Jul 5 2004, 02:34 AM
Post #8

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

I can understand dieting. Just not excessive dieting. I also think that people that are "fat" should just watch what they eat instead of eating crappy junkfood nasty stuff and whatever people eat these days. Bleh!

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 04:47 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!