IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Out Of Construction, For now at least.
Righteous
post Jun 23 2004, 01:28 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

Okay, I've been working in construction for over six years now. I don't mind working construction. It's hard work, but it's not too bad. Though after six years of construction and the three years of high school I spent wrestling, it all began to take its toll on my body. I have more scars on my body from work then I have from cutting and that's saying something coming from me. So, in order to save my joints, back, knees and muscles, I went around town applying wherever needed help and yesterday, I got a call back from this place called Sandy Bottoms which is a 15 minure bike ride and a half hour walk (I'm trying to lose some of the weight; y'know, I'm trying to watch my figure). They called me in and as soon as I entered the manager's office, she said, "Well, this isn't really an interview (right now I'm thinking, "Ah, hell") 'cause since Chris (the owner) knows your family he says to hire you." I was beyond stoked. Starting Monday, I'm gonna be working in the kitchen washing dishes and doing food prep. I really don't care so long as I'm being paid. One good thing about working in the kitchen is that I can keep my beard and dye my hair and possibly get some piercings. I'll still be working construction occasionally, but at least in 35 years I won't take an hour to get out of bed like my dad.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 23 2004, 01:34 PM
Post #2

~¤~Sanity Impaired since 1986~¤~

Member No.: 82

Well its all about the money, I hear ya.

My boyfriend's mother is having a horrible time with her back, elbow and probably other stuff and although there is the impression she really should quit, she does not want to so her work has put her to the lighter duties that still work for her (like working the desk since she works at a hotel).

So yeah, good choice to find the alternative happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jun 23 2004, 01:43 PM
Post #3

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

Yay!! You got a job. I hate that place personally. Only because alot of tourists go there, and they nag 'bout me smoking outside, and I have to put it out. But since you work there I'll go again! And personally, I think you should ride a bike, because it had to of taken C.J. and I what seemed like two hours to get there to your house. And I personally think scars are sexy, it's all masculine and stuff. tongue.gif

Wow.. I said personally three times in that post. unsure.gif

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jun 23 2004, 03:16 PM
Post #4

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

how did you get a construction job in the first place? According to Florida law you have to be 18 to work in construction areas.. my dad worked for a national construction company and they always had trouble with OSHA regs and state employment laws...

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 23 2004, 04:10 PM
Post #5

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 23 2004, 11:16 AM)
how did you get a construction job in the first place? According to Florida law you have to be 18 to work in construction areas.. my dad worked for a national construction company and they always had trouble with OSHA regs and state employment laws...

Nepatism. Beautiful, glorious nepatism. My family didn't work for the company; they were the company. I've been working construction since I was thirteen, breaking God knows how many laws while making tons of cash for both myself and the business. There's nothing wrong with nepatism.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jun 24 2004, 01:18 AM
Post #6

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

Hehe.. I did that too... working at my dad's autoshop, just as a receptionist though, but I worked like 60 hours a week.. it was child abuse and I loved every paying minute of it.

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 25 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #7

Shut up, noob!

At thirteen, I was illegally working with highly dangerous power tools, most often the mider saw. It was fun. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 05:55 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!