Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lucky Charms?, What are yours...?
Fallen Element
post Jun 25 2004, 01:31 PM
Post #1

Obliterates Everything He Kisses

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 633

right, i had this dream last night bout posting a thread...about lucky charms...
so here i am! i panicked all day incase someone thought of this idea and beat me to it! (i panic too much)

so - who has what lucky charms/trinkets/mascots?

i have a few...

my pentacle, my triquetra, a beanie tigger my mum bought me on holiday bout 7 years ago, a fluorite palmstone, my mums nametag/wristband thing from when she was in the hospice, a lock of my mums hair, an angel stone and holy water from Ephesus...

i dont have THAT many...do i?

they are all things i consider really really special...and a few of them come into exams with me! just wondering if im the only lucky charm freak?!

and please...no cereal references!

Fal xXx

--------------------
The bookworm - bellydancing tart of Snuggles Harem
Fallen World
I have done it again. One year in every ten I manage it. . .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jun 25 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #2

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

Haha, when I read the title I thought you were talking about the cereal. And then, after I read your post, I still thought you were talking about the cereal and had no idea why you were talking about pentacles and locks of hair. Haha, *phew*, I was a tad confused.

I don't know whether or not I believe in luck, but I know I don't have any lucky charms. Or trinkets. Or mascots. I do have a pair of socks that I never gave back to my friend that always made me have a good day, but they have massive holes in them and I don't wear them anymore. Sorry, that was boring.

I failed to realized it said no cereal references, sorry man. But I had to mention the fact that I got confused, and that maybe you should pick your titles more wisely next time.

This post has been edited by acid_rain_child: Jun 25 2004, 02:15 PM

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 25 2004, 02:48 PM
Post #3

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I have a silver ring with a Maltese cross on it. I use it as a symbol of protection, usually when I'm doing something highly dangerous.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 25 2004, 02:53 PM
Post #4

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I have a lucky pair of PVC trousers that I never failed to pull in.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 25 2004, 03:16 PM
Post #5

My direction

Member No.: 495

I have one of those plastic "shag band" bracelets in a nice bright pink colour. My best friend gave me a load of them on my birthday and my boyfriend stole a pink one at the same time as I put a pink one on, we've both worn 'em since.

The gorgeous silver bracelet Dan got me for christmas last year.

Other than that, my "gothic cross" necklace, which I wear pretty much constantly. I actually have hundreds more but at the end of the day those are the ones that i always use and always have so...

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
deranged_ferret
post Jun 25 2004, 05:22 PM
Post #6

Obsessive

Group: New Members
Member No.: 828

I don't really have "lucky charms", but I do have some trinkety type things that have value to me for no apparent reason. Just for the sake of boring you, I'll tell you about those tongue.gif
One: some kind of African seed that my mum had enchanted?, blessed? (I'm not sure what the right word for it is) for me by a witch doctor (if I sleep with it under my pillow, it makes me more intelligent),
Two: a random, flat, diamond shaped pebble that I dipped in some melted wax, then burnt the wax of off a few times that is now brown and shiney,
Three: a random metal disk that I found that is about 3mm thick with a 37mm diameter, the bits of it that arn't all tarnished, corroaded, scratched up and miscoloured are vaguely gold-ish coloured.
Four: a stone that has this white ring type thing on it, that echos it's out line. I think it was caused naturally and I like it.
Five: this large-ish (2.5cm diameter 0.7cm thickness), disk shaped metal bead that my dad gave to me, it had a pattern with five v shaped grooves that point in towards a centeral dot. I keep it on a chain, but don't wear it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 25 2004, 06:45 PM
Post #7

~¤~Sanity Impaired since 1986~¤~

Member No.: 82

The necklace I used to have with the thin silver chain and the aqua blue gem in it was my main lucky item, but in a token of love, I swapped it with Jon and now I have his silver chain I wear all the time. I also wear the bracelet he gave me all the time.

Also, mood rings I buy I seem to think of as lucky with all their changing colour goodness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eternallybored
post Jun 25 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #8

the avatars weren't working again

Member No.: 1,177

I've got this cool silver neclace with a Celtic sun on it. I wear it every day no matter what. And seeing how I'm not dead yet, I guess it works.

--------------------
>(|||>
currently one of the four flourish freaks! Hazzah for me!
-----------------------------//--------------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jun 26 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #9

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I've a spoke from the hubcap of my first car. It's a take away from my first car accident. tongue.gif No one was hurt so I consider it lucky.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jun 26 2004, 02:52 AM
Post #10

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

My pentagram, of course. Whenever I forget it, I panic.

The key to my old van, which was totaled when some @sswipe rammed into it doing 70 in a 45 zone. I keep it on my keychain, AKA "Mugger Killer".

I always wear an amber ring of some sort these days. I wore an amythest for a while, but then I found out that nomatter how much I liked the stone it refused to like me back.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jun 26 2004, 07:32 PM
Post #11

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

my rings my guy gave me. i'm sure they've saved me from getting run over at least four times.
the amethyst stone i always hold in my hand for exams. it's not personalised to me, but it feels weird not to have it there if i forget it.
and my ankh. for some reason, i rarely take it off, and it goes straight back on afterwards *shrugs*

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jun 27 2004, 02:27 AM
Post #12

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

I know I have one or two. Lemme think...

Can't think of anything right now.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Jun 27 2004, 03:48 PM
Post #13

Secret Electric Pants Buffer

Member No.: 559

I have a jacket which is pretty lucky, I've had it years and by chance I'm always wearing it when something good happens. So when I say lucky, I actually mean, I just like it.

Heh, this post was a bit pointless when you think about it.

--------------------
George Bush- the world's worst winner.

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jun 27 2004, 04:24 PM
Post #14

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jun 25 2004, 04:16 PM)
[color=purple]I have one of those plastic "shag band" bracelets in a nice bright pink colour.

Hehe.. that's one of my lucky charms too, but they're two black ones tied together, never take them off. I don't really consider much things lucky, 'cept for this guitar pick that I got at my first concert but that stays in my sentimental value box and there's this poka-dotted black white and red scarf that I wear when I'm having a bad hair day, and strangely enough, I get alot of compliments from guys when I wear it, but it got destroyed because my step brother put it in the dryer. So I cut a little bit of it, and carry it around with me on dates and what not.

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Jun 29 2004, 06:17 AM
Post #15

<3

Member No.: 806

I don't really have anything I consider lucky, 'cept my Happy Bunny pen (but it ran out of ink sad.gif )

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Mazling
post Jun 30 2004, 08:19 PM
Post #16

Worrying

Member No.: 1,153

I think my lucky thingy mo-bobber would be a necklace I got like.... 5 years ago from Lake Powell. It's pretty simple with just a normal string thingy, expect its not string, then 3 rocks on each side of a lizard. It brings me lots of luck

--------------------
Mazle
‡God-Like-Rabbit‡
ˆLet's pretend your a camel.ˆ
„Blue and Blonde„
•I'm a blanker•
_.·˜¯ª¯˜·._
Do the wave ^

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jun 30 2004, 09:10 PM
Post #17

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I have a lucky cuff with two snakes on it. It's very kewl. Also, Da Towers are pretty lucky charms themselves (yes it's weird. But I'm sure you've heard the story). laugh.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
DoRmAnt
post Jun 30 2004, 10:42 PM
Post #18

envision

Member No.: 983

'lucky' charms? well ... i don't believe in luck, but i haven't taken of the earrings i'm wearing now for about 6 months....and my watch...it's positively bitchin...i lurve it. i'd feel weird without those staples on

--------------------
you know you want to own me...oh wait! you can't! HA! my master is The Tortured Soul
>>>>FOREVER IN MY HEART CLAY>>>>r.i.p. january 28, 1984 - april 8, 2004
@}----

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:18 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!