Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Right Now
EvilSpork
post Jun 27 2004, 11:17 PM
Post #1

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 829

I'm eating a lemon. Am I the only person that eats the lemon? Hmm... Oh well. I'm just making a topic of oddities that you do in your daily life that nobody else does. So what is it that you do that you doubt anybody else would do routinely?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jun 27 2004, 11:21 PM
Post #2

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I ate a lemon once. It wasn't too bad, but It's not something I'd make a daily snack. I don't really have many oddities... wait..let me think.... I'll get back to you on that... huh.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jun 28 2004, 06:08 AM
Post #3

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Group: New Members
Member No.: 383

When I eat bread, sometimes I'll just take five slices (no more, no less!) and tear the top half of the crusts off (only the tops, not the bottoms!), and then I'll roll what's left into a ball, and I'll eat it like an apple. Except when I get to the "core," I eat that too.

Maybe another oddity of mine is that when I eat bread, I must have it plain. People always think I'm being weird to turn down butter or anything on my bread, but I really prefer it plain.

Also related to bread products -- when I make toast, I absolutely have to have it burnt. I turn up the toaster to the highest setting, and I stick my bread in there until it's black, and I eat it that way (no butter, please!). My boyfriend of course thinks it's insane of me to do this.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Jun 28 2004, 01:10 PM
Post #4

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

It's not terrifically odd to eat bread plain. I refuse to put butter or anything on mine, and I like rolling slices up into little balls as well - albeit not one massive bread ball, but still, something about it being compacted like that just makes it taste better.

And the toast reminded me of my dad. Anytime my mother and I would make toast, it would only be slightly golden and just a bit crispy, but he'd have to have his charred beyond all recognizability as bread.

"That thar's MAN TOAST!"

As for things I do, I'm not sure if it's weird or not, but I like dipping those little oyster crackers in thousand island dressing. Yums...happy.gif

And my mom ate a fried pickle yesterday at this big German restaurant by the river when her and her coworkers went out to dinner. Frying a pickle is something I just would never think of doing....makes you wonder who first thought it would be a good idea.

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jun 28 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #5

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

I'm very particular about my toast, too, but in the sense that it has to be even all over, with absolutely no black patches. This results in:

Putting toast in.
Turning toast around (one side of the toaster is always hotter than the other).
Turning toast upside down (otherwise the top half isn't done so well).
Turning toast around again.

And then *quickquickquick* with the butter, so it all melts in nicely (and, again, evenly).

As you can imagine, it takes me ten minutes to make toast. But when I do, it's gooooooood.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 28 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Marsyas @ Jun 28 2004, 02:10 PM)
Frying a pickle is something I just would never think of doing....makes you wonder who first thought it would be a good idea.

I reckon it was probably thought up by somone in the north of Britain, where culinary experimentation generally goes about as far as seeing what else can be fried. It is common to see deep fried Mars bars on the menu in take-away food shops.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Queenie
post Jun 28 2004, 02:11 PM
Post #7

YAY!!! Garfield my cute little honey bun!!

Member No.: 341

My cousin eats lemons like its no mans business. I just stare at her normally in disbelief that she doesn't pull funny faces when she's eating them.

My friends say i eat boiled eggs weird... i on the other hand think it's perfectly normal. I chop the top off and dip my soliders in so that i get all the yolk and whatever egg. I then dismantle the egg shell to get to the rest of all the egg. See normal!! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
SQUEAK BED SQUEAK!!

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 28 2004, 03:32 PM
Post #8

My direction

Member No.: 495

OMG blink.gif I was gonna make a thread bout weird eating habits but thought it would be too weird even for this forum lol.

Yeah I eat lemons sometimes, though I actually like limes better.

I also absolutely love tinned tomatoes. I eat them a lot, then dip bread in the "juice" (that sounded so wrong lol).

My eggs have to be soft boiled, and if I can possibly get away with it I only eat the yolk. With soldiers. And I like my toast very very dark.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
deranged_ferret
post Jun 28 2004, 08:16 PM
Post #9

Obsessive

Member No.: 828

Oooh.. compacted bread is good. I compact my sandwiches sometimes too, I don't roll them up, I just kinda squish them flat, but it makes them better. I like white bread dipped in coke too (I don't like butter unless it's melted (or with marmite) so once when I was at this resterant and they brought that bread you get before the meal arrives I tried dipping it in my coke to add flavor), fizzy bread is kinda odd, but still tasty. Also, I sometimes make this drink out of lemonade, orange juice, hot chocolate powder and apple and blackcurrant consentrate, which is variant of a drink my friend made up ages ago called choco tropo bubbles delight. I can't really think of any more odd foods I like at the moment, so that'll do.

And battered mars bars are REALLY good. My friend suggested I try a battered cream egg too, but I'm yet to get round to that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Jun 28 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #10

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Back in my meat-eating days, I used to eat bacon and sausage so charred it was practically ash. Out of force of habit, I still do. mm...burnt tofu.

My brother will put ketchup (katsup? catsup? whatever) on anything and everything. Anything. This includes waffles and ice cream. Eych.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 28 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #11

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I always eat the core of the apple. It confuses me that other people don't; everyone throws away what must be a good fifth or so of the fruit!

Sometimes I eat the stalk, too, though I admit that's kind of odd.

I refuse to admit that my habit of putting ice cream in Coke is weird. It's not, dammit! You're the weird ones!

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
deranged_ferret
post Jun 28 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #12

Obsessive

Member No.: 828

Oh! I eat apple cores too. I'm just so used to it it doesn't even seem odd to me anymore, I gave up eating the stalks though. And ice cream in coke is just a float right? That's normal, do some people think it's odd?

Hmmm... I do eat some types of grass sometimes. Not as much as I used to though. If you peel the outer leaf bits off, you get to a small white part of the stem which I like. I think that's probably my oddest eating habit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 28 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #13

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

refuse to admit that my habit of putting ice cream in Coke is weird. It's not, dammit! You're the weird ones!

Noooo - that's lovely!!!

It's also really nice in Cream Soda.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jun 28 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #14

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

When I have a bath I have to get out before the water gets too low, otherwise I kinda have a fear that something will come out of the plug hole and get me.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 28 2004, 11:52 PM
Post #15

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jun 28 2004, 02:00 PM)
I refuse to admit that my habit of putting ice cream in Coke is weird. It's not, dammit! You're the weird ones!

I believe that's called a Brown Cow or something...or is it Black Cow? Hmm. I can't remember the exact name. Anyway, you can order it at some old-fashioned-y soda shops in the states. At least where I am, anyway.

I put ice cream in all sorts of pops. Ooh! Especially good is an orange sherbet/vanilla mix put in 7-up. But that's not particularly weird...is it?

Let's see...what do I eat that is weird? Hmm. I used to put ranch dressing on a *lot* of things. Ranch dressing french toast...seriously. Instead of milk, I'd mix in some ranch dressing with the eggs, then top the whole thing with melted cheese. It was basically a heart attack on a plate..lol. I haven't eaten that in years, though...since I was around 13, I guess.

I also love onions and garlic....I put them in a ton of things. I never understood putting things like that in ice cream, though...yuck!

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
starflowah
post Jun 29 2004, 04:09 AM
Post #16

Dreaming in a pretty shade of nothingness...

Member No.: 951

When you put ice cream in Coke, isn't it called a spider? It's what I've always called it.
I hate eating almost all cooked vegetables. I eat raw carrots, pumpkin (much nicer than when it's cooked), cabbage, brussells sprouts, cauliflower and potatoes.
I eat ice, even on the coldest day. I just love that slightly salty freezer taste the ice cubes get.
I eat lemons too. Limes rock!

--------------------
All you really need in this life is a sick mind and somebody to share it with.

Fear me, for I am the closet Grammar Nazi!

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 29 2004, 08:37 AM
Post #17

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

QUOTE (starflowah @ Jun 29 2004, 05:09 AM)
When you put ice cream in Coke, isn't it called a spider? It's what I've always called it.

Yay, somebody called it the same thing I always heard it called happy.gif Back in Australia, at least.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post Jun 29 2004, 09:19 AM
Post #18

not forgotten

Member No.: 323

Icecream in juice is wierd? unsure.gif oops...

The only other wierd combo I like is smoky bacon crisps (must be Walkers) dipped in those little pots of half frozen chocolate mousses you get. Yum yum.

--------------------
Little solace comes to those who grieve
When thoughts keep drifting
As walls keep shifting
And this great blue world of ours
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post
helicopter pilot
post Jun 29 2004, 11:05 AM
Post #19

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,171

ice cream in coke IS called a spider and it IS delicious!! it is really good if you use chocolate icecream. yum. another good thing, that people say is weird until i make them try it. mcdonalds fries in the caramel sundae. you get fries, you get caramel sundae, you dip fries in sundae and eat. ice-creamy fries. so good. so under-rated. once when i was little i ate chocolate fudge with onion-flavour dip and thought it was good. but not anymore. anything+mustard is good.

--------------------
WWSBD?

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jun 29 2004, 11:22 AM
Post #20

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

you dip fries in sundae and eat

As is dipping fries in the strawberry milkshake. I saw my friend doing and thought it was absolutely disgusting, until I tried it myself.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jun 29 2004, 11:22 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 374

My mom used to like peanuts in Pepsi. I'm a big fan of ketchup. I put it on most things. I guess the oddes would have to be on popcorn or macaroni and cheese.

+Quote Post
Queenie
post Jun 29 2004, 11:26 AM
Post #22

YAY!!! Garfield my cute little honey bun!!

Member No.: 341

QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Jun 29 2004, 12:22 PM)
My mom used to like peanuts in Pepsi. I'm a big fan of ketchup. I put it on most things. I guess the oddes would have to be on popcorn or macaroni and cheese.

No ketchup on macoroni and cheese is nice!! Yummy!!

Popcorn... well not to sure about that!! Would have to try it. I put salad cream on everything at the moment!! laugh.gif

--------------------
SQUEAK BED SQUEAK!!

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jun 29 2004, 12:11 PM
Post #23

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 28 2004, 02:45 PM)
I reckon it was probably thought up by somone in the north of Britain, where culinary experimentation generally goes about as far as seeing what else can be fried. It is common to see deep fried Mars bars on the menu in take-away food shops.

I've only ever seen that sort of thing in Scotland, specifically Glasgow. Those strange, strange Scots laugh.gif I saw a news report once that said they deep fried Cadbury's Creme Eggs at Easter! ohmy.gif

I believe coke and ice cream is called a Coke Float where I come from as the ice cream floats in the coke. Simple really wink.gif

I was also once told that if you ate an apple core you'd get an apple tree grow in your stomach! ohmy.gif Mind you someone also told me that if you ate too many crisps your insides would fur up!!! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 29 2004, 02:38 PM
Post #24

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

It's a Brown Cow, you weirdos! tongue.gif

All the sites I found said it was called a spider in Australia, though. And I call everything else in that category "floats" (like root beer floats and the like), but a Coke Float doesn't sound as neato as a Brown Cow.

Nyah! tongue.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jun 29 2004, 02:40 PM
Post #25

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (candice @ Jun 29 2004, 03:38 PM)
but a Coke Float doesn't sound as neato as a Brown Cow.

Nyah! tongue.gif

Yes but a Coke Float is better from a visual point of view. If you asked someone in a bar round them here parts for a Brown Cow they would direct you to the vicinity of the nearest farmer's field! tongue.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 09:25 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!