Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forest Fire!, aint it just great?
tainted_sorrow
post Jun 28 2004, 10:17 AM
Post #1

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,095

uh..yea dude theres all like a forest fire and junk,...and i live in a Vally,...dude im like gettin hit with all the damn smoke,...i cant see outside,...i can breathe,..im like chokin,..my eyes are burnin,...my house is full of smoke now,...and dude,..the fires been goin on for a month and i just found out taday,...if there wasnt smoke every wher i still wouldnt know,...well...its smells like BBQ out side,..prably cause of like...roasted aminals in the woods and junk...at least it smells good....but yea,..i like live ina Vally so wer like gettin hit with all the smoke and heat...i feel bad fer the people up on the hill....like my friend...they got all the ashes...and im sure im gonna get hit twith that soon,...i just hope the fire dont come no closer...if my house was ta like burn down...i would flip out,..i mean..3 days with out TV and the computer is too much,...i think id go crazy and die of bordom,.....and thatd suck cause i wouldnt be able to come here and blab for a long time,...and...yea,...u have a headache from the smoke so yea im gonan go fer now,....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jun 30 2004, 03:25 AM
Post #2

My cute little Aislinn!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,123

whoa.. you sound really... whoa. Maybe you need to get out of your house and get some fresh air.. away from the smoke?

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jun 30 2004, 03:35 AM
Post #3

Worrying

dude if i wanted to get out of the smoke,..i have to drive 14 hours all the way into another town,...i cant even just go to Ancho. cause thats coverd in smoke too,..and thats 6 hours aways,...sucky huh....

+Quote Post
Sakura_chan
post Jun 30 2004, 03:40 AM
Post #4

Fly me to the moon

Member No.: 1,175

There was a fire somewhat near my house last summer. It was HUGE. I live in a valley, too. A bunch of rich people's houses burned down.. it smelled where I lived like smoke even though the fire was a few miles away. And the smoke clouds were HUGE. And they looked red at sunset. It was eerily pretty. o_o; The only thing that stopped it was a light shower we had one day. Actually.. it was a few fires. Stupid arsonists.gfdsg

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jun 30 2004, 04:01 AM
Post #5

My cute little Aislinn!

QUOTE (tainted_sorrow @ Jun 30 2004, 04:35 AM)
dude if i wanted to get out of the smoke,..i have to drive 14 hours all the way into another town,...i cant even just go to Ancho. cause thats coverd in smoke too,..and thats 6 hours aways,...sucky huh....

when you say Ancho. do you mean Anchorage, Alaska?

--------------------

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jun 30 2004, 01:01 PM
Post #6

Worrying

yea i meant Anchorage...

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jun 30 2004, 03:30 PM
Post #7

Worrying

oh..and great news!!...ANOTHER fire...just broke out in Chetanika..(or whatever)...not im just surrounded by fire!! yaaaay NOT...dude yea one out side Delta and then now that one...dude this freakin suck monkey balls!...if either fires come closer this way,..we have to egt Evac.d,..i dont know her im gonna go if we do tho,..i have no whers...but,..ah i dunno..

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jun 30 2004, 11:18 PM
Post #8

Worrying

well just yay!,,,ther evacin people 30 miles away from my house already,..uhm...yea u guys dont be surprised if im not on this for like a long time...heh like anyof u care tho

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jun 30 2004, 11:25 PM
Post #9

My cute little Aislinn!

We care! -=hugs=-, why wouldn't we care. It's just so hard to give you advice on a situation like this. This is nature, this isn't a family problem were we can suggest things to you. I'm sure you're uptight, as is your whole family. I just don't see how a fire started in Alaska... unsure.gif And 30 miles is still a long ways away, trust me, Alaska is like.. wildlife heaven, they're probably doing all the can to put the fire out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jul 1 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #10

Worrying

yea they just evacd peopel 12 miles from my house,..oh goody,...
yea the first fire was electrical...the second was justcause it was so dry and hot,..(and no i dont mean no 70 degrees,..it was 104),..and yea,..i like dont get why when Cali. has thre lil fires everyones all OMG HELP THEM!! and ppl from other states all go and help,..even from alaska peole go and help Cali...and we have a fire 3 times as big,..and there all oh thers not that many poeple up ther they can do it them selves...thats just the thing...theres not that many peole up here,..so we cant exactly just put it out lile that...and half the people up hear live in thedamn woods,..but noo..its till not enough.,..eh its just like makes me mad...and stuff

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 1 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #11

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I hope that the fires get put out soon and that your house survives okay.

I expect there are two reasons that people get more in a fuss about California more so than Alaska. Firstly Cali has a higher population density meaning that it's more difficult to move people around so more notice needs to be given for any evacuation, secondly there are a lot more media people in Cali than Alaska and so that means a lot more coverage. Which isn't fair, but that's the way it goes. It's the same in the UK with London, if something happens there it has 'national importance', if it happens anywhere else then it's a 'local event'.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jul 6 2004, 08:30 AM
Post #12

Worrying

hm...well either way the fire switched directions and died down a bit...yay fer rain!!...funny hting is..the day the fire switched sumones house 2 doors down from me caught on fire...i was like...holy crap dude...i like heard the sirens and stuuf i was like oh a ifre hm...and then like they got like way loud and was likw tf?and i went out side like 40 ppls were in my back yerd look at that house...then i walked out and everyone lookd at me iwas lik...uh...weird...and stuf,...but yea..the fire sholdnt come back this way if it does bummer fer me,,

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jul 6 2004, 02:03 PM
Post #13

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I nearly had to evacuate last summer when I was with my Grandma in BC. I read in the paper yesterday that there are around 400 fires currently burning in BC this year. sad.gif
Hope the wind stays favourable Tainted. It would seriously suck to have your home burn down.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 6 2004, 02:59 PM
Post #14

I'm glad to hear that things are looking good for you Tainted.

I don't know if you remember, but Christmas 2003 I had a link up on my main page to donate to the family of a fireman who lost his house while he was out fighting forest fires. It's a terrible thing to happen to anyone, but when you've been out saving the lives of other people it is even worse. I wonder if anyone other than me donated?

Tainted, I think I'm missing half of the things that you type because of your style. Really, these forums are about communication, and when yr abbrvd tsyle mks it hrdr 2 reed then it really is defeating the point of posting in the first place. I'm saying this for myself because I like to be able to read what people have written easily, but I'm also saying it for you. In the future you will find it a lot easier to write to people using correct English (for example potential employers/clients/that kind of thing) if you start practising now.

A good start would be this: every time you want to type an ellipsis (three full stops '...') try typing a single comma or a full stop instead. I'm sure that if I criticise your spelling you will say 'but typing less keys saves time'. If that is so important to you then you must realise that using one key-stroke for your punctuation instead of three would be better. Not only will you actually have to press fewer keys, but it will make your posts a great deal easier to read for other people on the forum.

Of course, after you use a full-stop then you should also capitalise the next. Correct spelling of words is sometimes difficult, but it would be nice if you could give that a go too, e.g. 'for' instead of 'fer'. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jul 6 2004, 04:05 PM
Post #15

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

A good start would be this: every time you want to type an ellipsis (three full stops '...') try typing a single comma or a full stop instead.

Ellipsis gets a lot of bad mouthing on these forums. It's kind of mean. Poor ellipsis. No-one will be it's friend... It's been ostracised from society.

I, personally, am a big fan of the ellipsis. I think your prejudice against the poor ellipsis is quite mean, Mata. I think you owe it an apology.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 6 2004, 11:18 PM
Post #16

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

, personally, am a big fan of the ellipsis. I think your prejudice against the poor ellipsis is quite mean, Mata. I think you owe it an apology.

Me too - perhaps we should start a petition? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 7 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #17

The ellipsis can be great, I actually use it fairly often myself, but when it's an excuse for not using proper punctuation then I would rather it be roughly throw through the window of the saloon and banished from the kingdom... You get the drift.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jul 9 2004, 03:49 AM
Post #18

Defenistrate the poor ellipses...say it isn't so! laugh.gif

Tainted? How is the fire situation? Are you still okay? unsure.gif sad.gif
Hope you're all right.

--------------------

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jul 12 2004, 04:07 AM
Post #19

Worrying

yeah im ok still, the fire,unm, i like have no clue whast goin on with it, last i knew it had died down and headed towards sumplace else, but now the the fires gone,..its hot as hell out side again..yaaaay, (i hate the heat) but yea everythigns fine fer now ill try to find sum stuff bout the fire or sumthin i guess

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jul 14 2004, 08:53 PM
Post #20

Worrying

lol im such a dan jynx! i get happy cause somthing good happens...and it gets bad again!!...yea..the fire is back..but at a diff. end of town...yea now its closer to me than before..yaaay

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jul 14 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #21

Hope rain comes soon.

On the positive side - unexpected holiday if you have to evac? Sorry dumb joke. Good luck with char free living.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smee
post Jul 15 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #22

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,008

hey, its great to hear things are looking up!

if you do get evacuated, take the pc, the tv, and another random object that you want

and you'll be fine! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Here I sit
Much determined
Ever ill-equipped
To draw this curtain
How this has entertained
Validated
And has served me well
Ever the victim

*Smee-Land!*

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jul 16 2004, 11:27 PM
Post #23

Worrying

i would take the pc and tv...BUT..we cant bring anything cept one bag full of stuff..if we get evaced,..hm i wonder if they ment one backpack or trashbag? i could fit a crap load of junk inna trash bag lol...but yea

+Quote Post
Mazling
post Jul 17 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #24

Worrying

Member No.: 1,153

SMoke fricken sux when your in a valley!!! I had that happen to me once...... for like 2 weeks our school was closed (YEA!!) because there was so much smoke... it was crazy....... You should go buy a oxygen tank, and mask and get some air outta that...... thats what i did

--------------------
Mazle
‡God-Like-Rabbit‡
ˆLet's pretend your a camel.ˆ
„Blue and Blonde„
•I'm a blanker•
_.·˜¯ª¯˜·._
Do the wave ^

+Quote Post
tainted_sorrow
post Jul 19 2004, 12:10 AM
Post #25

Worrying

i had got a smoke mask...but then i borke it some how,..and i went to get another one and they were al sold out and stuff...i was like damn...so uhm...uh huh

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:34 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!