IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Travelling, Where would/do you like to visit?
Righteous
post Jul 1 2004, 02:23 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

I was talking about travelling with with someone and she brought up various places she likes to go and would like to go. That's when I got the idea for this thread.

I love to travel. I prefer driving to flying but I still enjoy going somewhere on holiday (or even just for the hell of it). I've gone up and down the eastern seaboard, around the gulf coast and Mexico. I liked Miami, Juarez, the Outer Banks, Syracuse (New York) and Philadelphia in particular. Those were some kick-ass places to go.

I'd really like to go to Europe. I always have, but especially now since I want to see other forumites. One good thing about knowing people in places you want to visit is you can avoid tourist traps (I live in a town like that so I abhor them with a passion). I talked to Commie about that once saying I want to go places that don't sell shirts saying "I went to London and all I got was this lousy T-shirt." He broke it to me that most places there sell those. dry.gif If/when I go to check out Cupar, I'm gonna go see Porce (and try to get a place to stay).

If/when I go on tour with my brother's band Social Failure (as an opening act under my Tragick the Clown pseudonym and a roadie or just a roadie), we'll get tons of travelling done and see some really cool places. BTW, if we swing by your place and you want to come see us, tell me.

Anyhow, do you guys like traveling? Where do you cats like to frequent or would you like to frequent?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jul 1 2004, 02:52 PM
Post #2

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Group: New Members
Member No.: 383

I like to visit my hometown in Minnesota since that's where all my family live. Unfortunately, because of the distance, it means I have to fly unless I want to be on a train/bus for a week. Flying is fun for the first hour or less, and after that I get so unbearably fidgety that I could just leap over all the passengers' heads and hope to levitate the rest of the trip. I get a little claustrophobic, so having such limited room to move really drives me insane after awhile.

I also like going to the Bay Area just because it gives me an opportunity to ride in trains, and I love trains. Scenic and relaxing (well, except for the mobs of screaming, impatient kids that are there sometimes).

As for places I'd want to go...I'm thinking I might eventually want to live in Oregon or Washington or someplace further north, so I'd like to visit there. I want to go to Canada, England, China, Japan, Germany, Norway, and probably some others.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 1 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

I'd like to be able to visit my hometown more often. It's in Western Oregon, about 30 miles south of Portland. And I'd like to be able to go back to Portland more often, too. I haven't *really* been back there since I was 16. I passed through a couple of years ago, on the way to a friend's wedding in Washington. But, I'm going back there in...just over a week. I'm kind of nervous, really.

I'd also love to go back to NYC more often. Not only to see my husband's family (well...that part is kind of a downfall for me laugh.gif but it's good for him), but to take my family there and show them around. Although, that worries me. I hate looking like a tourist, and they will look unmistakeably touristy.

I'd love to go to Europe...anywhere in Europe, really. But that requires flying..erk. I've never flown before. The thought really terrifies me. I'd also like to go to Japan, Australia, a variety of Spanish speaking countries (although I'll probably take my sister with me because I'm not very confident when it comes to speaking Spanish out loud), California (I've lived north of it most of my life...never made it down there), and a lot of other states I haven't seen yet.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 1 2004, 04:20 PM
Post #4

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I like to travel, too. One of my favorite places is Ocean City, Maryland. It's a usual vacation spot for my family. But also, I would really like to go to England. And China.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jul 1 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #5

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

I like going to Anchorage Alaska. It's so beautiful, and the air is so clean (If there aren't any forest fires around). My dad wants to take me to England, and I wanna go to Poland (family) France (why take french if you don't go there) and Italy (family). He also wants to make a trip to Australia to see some family. I prefer flying, as long as it's first class, or if not than driving...as long as I'm the one driving. hehe.

/spam

When my dad was in the airforce he made a reservation for a place to stay in London and the receptionist picked up the phone and said "Hello, are you there?" and he said "Yes, I'm here are you there?" and she countered "Oh... you must an American." lmao laugh.gif I don't know why I think that's so funny.

/end spam

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 1 2004, 05:13 PM
Post #6

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I love everything about Paris, and need to return.

I've always wanted to visit Japan, and if all goes well I will quite soon.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 1 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #7

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Jul 1 2004, 05:20 PM)
I like to travel, too. One of my favorite places is Ocean City, Maryland. It's a usual vacation spot for my family. But also, I would really like to go to England. And China.

Being that I live like, an hour or less away from Ocean City, I'd have to say that it shouldn't be that high on your list, gothic! It's a super tourist trap, and even though I am a Marylander, I'm not Ocean City local and I steer clear of the place for fear of losing all my money.

I like travelling any where by train, and I'd love to ride trains through Germany. It's a goal of mine before I die. I'd also like to go to Japan, but it looks a tad scary. I heard you can buy beer from vending machines though. AND I could sell some of my undies for cash. Score.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
markslut
post Jul 1 2004, 05:27 PM
Post #8

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

I want to go back here again

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jul 1 2004, 06:09 PM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (Aislinn Faye @ Jul 1 2004, 01:04 PM)
France (why take french if you don't go there)

Becausle it's France, silly. laugh.gif tongue.gif

It'd be cool to tour Latin America. I loved Mexico so why not go further?

--------------------

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 1 2004, 08:26 PM
Post #10

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

It may be a super tourist trap, but it's tradition in my family. tongue.gif Go to a hotel where you can go out by the beach in the back, walk the boardwalk at night with large buckets of Thrasher's fries and Dolly's taffy and Fisher's popcorn... *sigh* All my extended family lives in Maryland, too. And only a few hours away from the city.

I've only ever been out of the country and over ocean when I went to Jamaica. That was nifty. Lucky for us we had good timing - right after we left, a bunch of riots broke out...and the capital is not a very good place to go, either, I've heard. I liked the resort we stayed at - an all-inclusive one. The beds did suck, and it was unbearably hot, and we did have to climb five sets of stairs to get to our room, but it was great. I also found it hilarious that we were staying at a family resort and there was a nude beach right near - I didn't see anything, but the prospect was enough.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Jul 1 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #11

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

This summer I'm off to 'Nam, which is going to be great. I've always fancied popping over to India or China, so why not Indochina, that happy, peaceful, not-at-all-war-torn halfway house!?

Once I start University, I'll probably be trying to take long breaks in Africa, India and Europe. I'd love to really get a feel for Germany, of which I have seen far too little, and I wouldn't mind taking a look at the Netherlands and Scandinavia. Italy is great too, and inland Spain. Ooh! Iceland! And Canada! And Morocco! And Turkey! And practically everywhere, really. I can't think of a single region that I wouldn't want to visit at some point, except maybe parts of the Americas and the Pacific.

Yeah, travel is a hobby of mine. A really expensive hobby.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jul 2 2004, 05:17 AM
Post #12

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I'm really liking living in Seoul except for some suspicious bakeries. I visited Osaka and that was really neat too. I'd like to go to the Phillipines with the people from work for my summer vacation but unfortunately my cash is next to nil so it looks like I'll be staying in Seoul for the week off.

I'd like to visit Vancouver - more than just passing through - Halifax, Ottawa and

I'd also like to spend some more time in Osaka, I only was there for a day and I'd like to go back and check out the shinto temples and do some people watching and bar hopping.

Of course I'd like to go to Europe, Spain and France always seemed like ideal places to me - maybe check out the UK but the only thing that would really attract me there would be that the people spoke English and that I know a few people there. I'd like to visit Sweden too, it would be nifty to see just where they get all that stylish yet affordable furniture. tongue.gif

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jul 2 2004, 06:42 AM
Post #13

Shut up, noob!

Hell, maybe it would be a good idea just to watch a good skate video and write down the places they go. Bam Margera toured in Iceland, Japan, Italy and all across America, including Westchester, PA (only a select few will get that). They tour some kick-ass places. Why the Hell can't I?

Yeah, travel is a hobby of mine. A really expensive hobby.

Especially when your girlfriend live 1000 miles away. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jul 2 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #14

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

My answer to this topic, simple:

I want to go everywhere.
Do everything.
See everything.
and live everything.

I want to experience all that I can, we only have one life to live and the more you experience the more you know. Life is too short to stay in one place for your entire life, I want to see the world.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Jul 3 2004, 03:26 AM
Post #15

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

It may be a super tourist trap, but it's tradition in my family.  Go to a hotel where you can go out by the beach in the back, walk the boardwalk at night with large buckets of Thrasher's fries and Dolly's taffy and Fisher's popcorn... *sigh*

I've been exiled for the summer to live at the Jersey shore. I've decided to make a tee shirt that says "Help keep our boardwalk clean: feed a tourist to the seagulls".

I've always wanted to go to the far east. I had a penpal in South Korea for some years and I always meant to go stay at her house for a bit. Unfortunately, we fell out of touch. I'd still like to go someday. My chum Maddie and I also want to go hitchhiking around Europe. Between us we know German, English, and French, and I know how to say "Where are my socks?" in Polish, so we think we'll manage. ^^

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jul 3 2004, 05:03 AM
Post #16

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

You should take me! I'm... big!

And stuff!

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 4 2004, 01:16 AM
Post #17

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I've always wanted to go visit the Czech Republic. Especially Prague. It's the most haunted city in the world, and it has a torture museum! ph34r.gif Also, one of my great-great-grandfathers was one of the founders of the university there, and I'd like to get my picture done on the front steps beside the plaque with his name on it.

Besides that, I want to go EVERYWHERE!!! I'm always my happiest when I'm traveling. I get such a let-down when a trip comes to an end.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jul 4 2004, 03:27 AM
Post #18

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Hmm.

There are a lot of places I'd love to see, and plan on doing so. I want to see parts of England, some of the homeland (Ireland), Japan, New Orleans during Mardi Gras, France, and an assortment of tropical island paradises... I'm thinking Jamaica. Marijauna is legal there ^ _ ^

Woo hoo?

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
eleraama
post Jul 8 2004, 03:35 PM
Post #19

There is glass between us...!

Member No.: 1,091

And somehow we're not surprised... ^-^. I feel like such a boring person... Europe (More or less the entire thing.), China, Japan, India, Aussieland, ... Ooh, and Egypt and maybe Tunisia or South Africa. The Carribbean's nice as well.

--------------------
"Hell is... other people." No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

+Quote Post
Fallen Element
post Jul 8 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #20

Obliterates Everything He Kisses

Member No.: 633

i wanna go to Canada...or Czech Republic cos i have people there! thats right - i have people! i quite fancy just touring over Scotland...cos i live there and have only seen a teeny weeny bit of it!

you can stay with me too Ri, if you want! Porce and I will do a house share!

Fal xXx

--------------------
The bookworm - bellydancing tart of Snuggles Harem
Fallen World
I have done it again. One year in every ten I manage it. . .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:21 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!