IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Family Reunion...., oh the horror....
Feyliya
post Jul 4 2004, 01:25 AM
Post #1

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 380

[rant]

Starting this Monday, I'm going to be off for a week at my family reunion. We're having it in Illinois this summer, for the first time in about 15 or 16 years, so it'll be a FULL family reunion. IE: my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, great-aunts, great-uncles, second cousins, third cousins, fourth cousins, etc...... I only know my closer relatives, so it's going to be like I'm shoved into a large, crowded room full of people who I don't know but who know everything about me. ::shudder:: ph34r.gif Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to this. I'll try my best to keep everyone posted, but there's a good likelyhood that I won't be able to so much as TOUCH the internet while I'm there. One way or the other, I'll be sure to [rant] and keep you all informed!

[/rant]

On a happier note, there's a chance that I might be able to get away for a bit to meet up with some local forumites. The reunion will be bouncing between St. Louis, Chicago, and the various family farms out in the boonies, so I'll have to update to say where I am before making any plans, but let me know if you live sorta close and want to go do something!

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 4 2004, 01:36 AM
Post #2

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Good luck! I hardly ever see my extended family, and there are times at large gatherings when I just have to smile instead of going "Who in hell are you?" when I'm approached by someone who coos "Oh, it's Marie/Stewart's daughter!"

Something that massive has never been put together on my family's behalf...

*wonders where St. Louis, IL is* I'm an Illinois resident - but I live in a highly commercialized suburb, not the boonies. tongue.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 4 2004, 09:21 PM
Post #3

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

LOL, St. Louis, MO. Actually, my plane will be touching down there tomorrow afternoon. And trust me....where I'll be staying is in the middle of miles and miles of nothing but corn fields. ::shudder:: I HATE fields. Too much sky.... unsure.gif

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 4 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #4

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Feyliya @ Jul 4 2004, 02:21 PM)
::shudder:: I HATE fields. Too much sky.... unsure.gif

Me too! It's just...unsettling to me. I need mountains. *nods*

Anyway, good luck at the family reunion. *hugs* I'm on the West Coast, so you'll be nowhere near me, unfortunately. I hate family reunions. I never know who 3/4 of the people even are or how they're related to me. Some stranger could show up just to get some free food, and I'm convinced that no one would even notice. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 4 2004, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

I have the same problem with reunions... except I don't know anyone and no one knows me. My mother's the black sheep of the family, and had me when she was 18, so she's pretty much cursed with a red letter for the rest of her life. So, her husband, the only non-white (Cuban) member of our family, and her children (me, the 18 year old birth, and my brother, the halfy) are pretty frowned upon. We're not even going to the reunion this year because my mother's father isn't going. We wouldn't have any back up biggrin.gif

Everyone on my fathers side is half way across the country, and we don't care enough about eachother to meet up.

The thing to do is smile and act like you care when people compliment you. With any luck, you have some distant cousins your age that you can hang out with far away from the others. That's what I do anyway.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Jul 5 2004, 02:44 AM
Post #6

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Haha!!! I have relatives in St. Louis!!!! Acctually probally half my family is there! Or somewhere around there.... I wonder if they know any of your relatives? That would be funny....

Hey.... I use to have to drive from D.C. to St. Louis once a year (or more) So.... bleh!! Lucky you can fly. I like fields though ^^ They're fun to run though, and get lost in, and then fall over all the tall grasses.... and then.... roll around like a person that the men in white coats are soon going to come and get!!

Have fun at your family reunion.... I had one of thoes a few years ago. Scary. I didnt go!! Cuz I was on the stupid girly montly part for the first time and and I didnt wanna tell my stupid dad!!! Hah! I love getting out of these things. We just had to go to a funeral where most the people were there _anyway_. Why go again?

Plus.... I dont like most of that half of my family anyway.... they're sortah hick-ish and.... scary. Hah

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 05:58 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!