IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Special Possessions, Ones that really mean something to you.
Righteous
post Jul 7 2004, 06:07 AM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

This is gonna sound really really weird (as do most of the things I say) but I was watching Pulp Fiction and took not of the part where Butch risks his life to get his father's watch. I started wondering if I hwd something that could mean that much to me.

I have a jacket I've had since the seventh grade. I joke about my "haggard-ass black jean jacket covered in patches" but it's the one possession that I would risk my life for. It's been my emotional armor, my security blanket and my scrapbook for over six years. Each patch has a particular meaning. I have a Jacksonville Zoo patch my little sister gave to me, a "PSYCHO!" patch I got from some cat who knew my first girlfriend, a silver Alien Workshop patch I got in the ninth grade, another "Psycho" patch I got with my friend Lars, two patches one with a big rig and the word "BEAST" and another that says "Keep On Trucking" that I got from my high school wrestling coach, a big patch with an anarchy symbol I got when I was in college, a Dairy Queen patch I got from one of my friends who works there, a red skull-and-crossbones patch I got with my friend Justin, a "GENERATION X" and an "I'VE BEEN ABDUCTED" patch both with aliens on them (which were the first patches I put on the jacket), a "Build-A-Bear Workshop" patch from when I visited Spiffy, a HIM patch from Spiffy's visit here, a Metallica quadralellogram patch from the eight grade (when I began to get into harder music), a "Loser" patch I got when I got fired from a job and on the cuff on my right sleeve, I have a little star in a circle which to me at least encompasses my experiences during my eighteenth year. Strangely, of all the patches I have, the star is the most relevent.

Well, that's my posession. What're yours?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Jul 7 2004, 12:01 PM
Post #2

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

No-one seems to want to reply. I will anyway.

The most important thing for me would be my The Clash by The Clash CD. It's the most important CD to me as it was one of my first, still my best and my favourite and of course it started my loving of The Clash.

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 7 2004, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

When I was younger, I lived with my single mom, and we were extremely poor. We didn't have a cent to spare, and we lived in a crappy apartment in the middle of Baltimore City (not the best of places to grow up, mind you). So we were dirt poor, but every Christmas my mother made an extra effort to get me some nice things, though they were usually knock-offs. But when I was about 5, she gave me this globe, you know the ones that make music, sorta like a snow globe. It has a fairy hugging a rose inside, and when you shake it looks like it's raining. It also plays beautiful music that makes me want to cry. I know my mother probably spent an arm and a leg for it, so it's always been my favorite possession, and I do believe I'd risk my life to save it.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jul 7 2004, 03:00 PM
Post #4

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

I'm a pack rat when it comes to sentimental things. And alot of people would be amazed at the tid bits I keep that they give me (I'll have to show you some things Ri.). Since I've asked for a hope cheast for three years and never got one, I keep all these things in a briefcase. I have things in there from like.. '90. I did have journals all the way from '94 in there, but my ex made me burn all my journals. But, back on track I'd go into a blazing fire for that briefcase. My whole life is in that thing.

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jul 7 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #5

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Group: New Members
Member No.: 383

I don't know that I'd actually risk my life for some mere possessions, no matter how important they are to me. I'm not really much for materialism. I can think of a few people I'd risk my life for, but I'm certainly not throwing myself into a fire to rescue a few notebooks or a tattered piece of cotton.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
Fallen1015
post Jul 7 2004, 08:58 PM
Post #6

forum duct tape enthusiast

Member No.: 901

i have a "braclet" that my boyfriend gave me (its the hem of his jeans. he came up to me at school one day and said here, wear this, dont take it off.. and i havent. and like, 3 weeks later we started dating) i lost it at my friends house one day, and i freaked out, started tearing her house apart, and almost started crying. but i found it, and im all better now..
i look at it and remember how awesome ian is, and that he loves me, and he likes who i am, and that i dont have to try and be someone im not for him.. it just makes me feel better..
that might be really corny, but its true..

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 8 2004, 01:33 PM
Post #7

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (Fallen1015 @ Jul 7 2004, 09:58 PM)
i have a "braclet" that my boyfriend gave me (its the hem of his jeans. he came up to me at school one day and said here, wear this, dont take it off.. and i havent. and like, 3 weeks later we started dating) i lost it at my friends house one day, and i freaked out, started tearing her house apart, and almost started crying. but i found it, and im all better now..
i look at it and remember how awesome ian is, and that he loves me, and he likes who i am, and that i dont have to try and be someone im not for him.. it just makes me feel better..
that might be really corny, but its true..

Ditto. I have a pink "shag band" thingy, and dan has one the same (though his broke, so we have to change to black ones sad.gif )

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 8 2004, 01:42 PM
Post #8

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I have a necklace - it's just a tiny leather plait that fits closely to my neck. I wear it every day and I think I've had it for about 12 years now. My mum used to have a matching one but she lost hers years ago.

Not sure if I consider it lucky but it's never snapped (as leather is known to when it gets old), I've left it at peoples houses and always got it back, I've dropped it down about a million sinks and always managed to retrieve it.

It's nothing special really - but I feel naked if I'm not wearing it. *shrug*

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
tptcow
post Jul 8 2004, 03:22 PM
Post #9

Savior on the Blood Church St. Petersburg, Russia

Member No.: 978

My trumpet..

--------------------
Western Kentucky University
Facebook
Xanga
Formerly: Trumpetperson

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Jul 8 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #10

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

*shrugs* I'd have to agree with some people that objects tend not to mean a lot (read: I wouldn't risk my life for them) to me. Odd, because I describe myself as a consumer whore. tongue.gif (Really, I buy so many material possessions -- I know that I'm a bit of a materialist hedonist... I like *things*... but if it came down to them, I think I could do without. It's not like things have a hold on me. tongue.gif ) On the other hand, so many little things have sentimental value and I wouldn't want to lose them, so I can't really finger one object as being more special to me than another.

Okay, well, maybe my engagement ring. Or my chess set that Artemesia made me. smile.gif

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Jul 8 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #11

Secret Electric Pants Buffer

Member No.: 559

I don't have anything like that, though I will be slightly sad the day I have to give up my old jacket. And my computer would be pretty hard to replace also, but that's a money/information thing, not an emotional attatchment.

--------------------
George Bush- the world's worst winner.

+Quote Post
Fallen Element
post Jul 8 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #12

Obliterates Everything He Kisses

Member No.: 633

i have this little Tigger beanie baby thing that my mum bought me when we were in America about 10 yrs ago... it has loads of memories etc and i dont care much if it isn't masculine...
Tigger and probably my laptop...but if i could only choose one it would be the Tigger!

Fal xXx

--------------------
The bookworm - bellydancing tart of Snuggles Harem
Fallen World
I have done it again. One year in every ten I manage it. . .

+Quote Post
MarJ
post Jul 9 2004, 10:55 AM
Post #13

Super advanced member

Member No.: 710

My most dearest possesion is my Percie. He is a stuffed giraffe. He has not long celebreated his 8th birthday. He`s a little worse for wear (had to have an operation on his neck as his stuffing was falling out) and he doesn`t appreciate the washing machine.

He sleeps with me every night. Sounds very sad as I am 26 years old, but give him up I will not!

--------------------
user posted image
Jim Lives

+Quote Post
Smee
post Jul 9 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #14

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,008

Mines would have to be a green furry photo frame with a pic of my mum in it. Its of when she was down in Nottingham getting a bone marrow transplant. Its special cuz i can hug it when im down and know that she is there waiting for me when the sun sets on this life

--------------------
Here I sit
Much determined
Ever ill-equipped
To draw this curtain
How this has entertained
Validated
And has served me well
Ever the victim

*Smee-Land!*

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jul 9 2004, 06:00 PM
Post #15

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

my lil righteous bear
teddy
ri's bracelet
my guitar

that's about it I think

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Mr Meh
post Jul 9 2004, 06:03 PM
Post #16

diluded into strange self-confidence

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,190

a pendant i've worn round my neck since i was 12

you could destroy everything i own as it's all material crap

but this is now part of my soul

--------------------
Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all,
Or if he moves will he fall?
Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts within his head?
We'll just pass him there
why should we even care?

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jul 9 2004, 09:52 PM
Post #17

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

My specialest possesions are top secret, actually. But some special possessions of mine are my cuff bracelet, my Blue Bear pen (my daddy bought it for me and for some odd reason it means a lot to me. I almost died when my friend couldn't find it), my orchid named Tracey, and my earrings. I've hardly ever taken them out.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Jul 11 2004, 07:51 AM
Post #18

Holy Goddess of Natopia... since 1985

Member No.: 822

I don't have anything I consider sentimental. I guess I just haven't had anyone give me anything special. Actually people hardly give me things at all.

My tattoos have meanings for different times in my life, and they will always be with me.

I'd rather think I wouldn't risk my life for a material item, however if it was my closest friend, I would risk my life to save hers.

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Jul 11 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #19

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

I have a huge collection of keyrings I would not like to lose. Some of them are from places I've been to, (not very many) a lot are gifts from people and/or amazingly cool.

I also got a signed Red Dwarf 8 book that was like a christmas present from my mum but I went with her to get it. It got kind of ruined though when my dad drilled a hole in the ceiling right above it. mad.gif

I also have a giant elastic band ball I made in 2003ish .. yeah I'm pretty sad tongue.gif

I have loads of things I really like (I wouldnt have them if I didnt) but I dont think I'd go as far as risking my life for them.. huh.gif

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jul 12 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #20

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

My rings (Two belonged to family members and one's off Mat) and my Eeyore. I'm much like MarJ with stuffed animals.

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 05:24 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!