Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weight Gaining
Fallen1015
post Jul 7 2004, 09:09 PM
Post #1

forum duct tape enthusiast

Group: New Members
Member No.: 901

i dont know if this is the correct forum for this, but if its not, it can be moved i think.. unsure.gif

i have a small problem with my weight (im 5'7" and i weight about 10o pounds.. the doctor said im in the like.. 90th percentil for height and 10th for weight)i desperatly need to gain weight, and i have no idea what to do. its causing me health problems, so if someone has any suggestions as to how to do this (besides eat a lot and sit around a lot, because thats pretty much all i do) i would be greatly happy.

thanks guys..

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jul 7 2004, 09:15 PM
Post #2

The Six Train.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 636

I have no idea, really. Your doctor should assist you with finding ways on how to gain weight that are healthy and effective. You may be doing this already, but perhaps you should consult a dietician (i think that's what they're called ). He/She should be able to help you.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 8 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #3

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Doctor, yes. Exactly. Eat more fattening foods. Er.

I have the opposite problem, especially since the meds I'm taking increase my appetit dry.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Fallen1015
post Jul 8 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #4

forum duct tape enthusiast

Member No.: 901

i went to the doctor though, and they didnt tell me anything.. i just dont like being so small.. im sick all the time, people think i have an eating disorder, i cant find clothes that fit me.. its not fun..

im not trying to complain.. i just dont like it.. so yeah..

--------------------

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 8 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #5

I gain weight by eating chocolate and sitting on my butt and not really exercising... either that or eating too much overall...

--------------------

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 8 2004, 01:21 AM
Post #6

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

I had to do a project with this girl and went over her house to complete it. She was really skinny, a 00 in pants, and needed to gain weight. While I was writing something down, she said she'd go get a snack, and I told her I didn't want anything. She came back with a plate literally piled with oreos, smeared with peanut butter. She ate those mf-ers like there was no tomorrow, and said she used the whole package of cookies. Well, she gained weight, that's for damn sure. Not a lot, but enough. If oreos smeared with peanut butter don't make you gain any weight, then I don't know what to tell you.

Mind you, I am not a doctor, and that diet is probably extremely unhealthy, so maybe not too often? Muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe you could start working out. I mean, don't become buff or anything, just enough to get some muscle. That's a healthy way to gain, and you'll be eating more food cause you'll be exhausted from working out.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 8 2004, 01:33 AM
Post #7

Oh, I know. Eat more grain. Bread and such. If you don't burn off all of the carbohydrates, they become fat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 8 2004, 05:29 AM
Post #8

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

I know body builders and wrestlers who have a peanut butter sandwhich and a glass of milk every night before bed. That puts on bulk and is not to bad for you.. Also try getting more red meat in your diet, that will help with the sickness. Just dont go overboard..

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
MarJ
post Jul 9 2004, 11:03 AM
Post #9

Super advanced member

Member No.: 710

It`s very simple really....have a baby!

I was a toned size 10 pre-preganancy. I am now a fleshy size 12!

--------------------
user posted image
Jim Lives

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 9 2004, 11:55 AM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

There are a selection of products available at health food stores that can help you gain weight more healthily. They're protein powders that you mix in with milk and drink. They're usually intended for body builders who want to bulk up but they might be able to help you.

There's not so many useful pages on the net for this, but this page summarises some of the key things to do:

http://www.leonardfitness.com/10weightgaindiettips.htm

Although I think a lot of the tips have been covered already in this thread, this advice is how to do it in a more healthy way.

One big point to remember; to gain weight and stay healthy you don't want to do it too fast, exactly the same way as people losing weight shouldn't do it too fast. The recommended increase in daily calorie intake is 500 per day, which really isn't much, it's about one and a half large muffins! This will lead to a steady weight increase of one pound per week. It doesn't sound much, but after a couple of months you'll be half a stone heavier and your body won't be complaining about the sudden change.

The same thing goes for weight loss, remove 500 calories a day and lose the weight slowly but steadily, then it's more likely to stay off.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Jul 13 2004, 05:56 AM
Post #11

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Mata's right, 500 extra calories is the generally accepted magic number. Being vegetarian, I've spent a lot of time around nutritionists and doctors. Look up the calorie content in simple snack foods that aren't junk: a banana, for example (my personal favourite) is about 100 calories. Another good idea is to have a spoonful of peanut butter as a snack. Most groceries carry protein bars; they're good too. There are healthy ways to add 500 calories, keep your diet balanced, and not feel nearly as sick and nasty as you would if you ate, say, a pack of Tasty Kakes instead. ^^

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
jenofthejen
post Jul 20 2004, 07:01 PM
Post #12

all8^

Member No.: 1,167

It seems like you need a different doctor. You think that if they noticed your weight as being a health problem they would tell you what needed to be done to make you healthy. Have you tried calling the doctors office and ask them for suggestions?
I am five foot five and weigh 100 pounds. I have two kids. Some people are just built small. I try to eat healthy foods I never gain any weight but my health is fairly good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 10:44 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!