IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ingrowing Hairs, not really a daft topic but meh!
Pixelgoth
post Jul 9 2004, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Flaps and spins on the spot

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 390

How do you get rid of ingrowing hairs? unsure.gif I have my bikini line waxed (it's not that painful) and I've got an ingrowing hair. It just looks like a spot sad.gif It's nasty and I wanna get rid of it *sulk*

Any ideas? I wonder if anyone has tried this;

Skin Solution

BTW I wasn't sure this was really Daily Life or Issues. It's not really Daft either but it's not important really so I put it here smile.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 9 2004, 11:23 AM
Post #2

My direction

Member No.: 495

Thank the lord you didnt shave... That causes the same problem except you get about 800 of 'em tongue.gif (Plus you get good ol' razor burn on top of everything dry.gif )

I just wait for them to go away... I dont really get them often enough to merit buying expensive solutions. They usually disappear on their own after a couple of days. If you urgently need it gone before then, putting a hot flannel on it or something has about the same effect as popping a spot (draws all the icky stuff to the surface, and loosens the hair itsself).

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jul 9 2004, 12:07 PM
Post #3

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jul 9 2004, 12:23 PM)
Thank the lord you didnt shave... That causes the same problem except you get about 800 of 'em tongue.gif (Plus you get good ol' razor burn on top of everything dry.gif )

I just wait for them to go away... I dont really get them often enough to merit buying expensive solutions. They usually disappear on their own after a couple of days. If you urgently need it gone before then, putting a hot flannel on it or something has about the same effect as popping a spot (draws all the icky stuff to the surface, and loosens the hair itsself).

Ta biggrin.gif I was wondering if there was a quick fix solution but it would appear they go away anyway after a while. Not being very clever about biology I thought that once you got it you had to get rid of it somehow. D'oh! rolleyes.gif

I used to shave but I just got shaving rash and possibly a few mild ingrowing hairs. Waxing is so much easier and not that painful.

I still shave my legs and armpits though. It's just easier really.

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 9 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #4

My direction

Ditto. I dont wax, though I use cream/gel stuff. Its easier and less painful on my oh so delicate skin tongue.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jul 9 2004, 12:22 PM
Post #5

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jul 9 2004, 01:14 PM)
Ditto. I dont wax, though I use cream/gel stuff. Its easier and less painful on my oh so delicate skin tongue.gif

Which one?

I used to use Immac but it stinks the whole flat out dry.gif It was supposed to smell of roses? Roses really do smell of poo poo poo when you use Immac laugh.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 9 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #6

My direction

Lol I use that Veet/Immac/whatever its called now bladeless razor stuff. I use the aloe vera one though... It does smell but so long as I shut the bathroom door after, its fine. And It works v well. It does weaken my nails though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 9 2004, 01:44 PM
Post #7

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

If you wait for them to go away on their own, sometimes they can get pussy (puss) and will develop a head, at which point it's messy and bleeds and you don't want that. But that only happens on the inside of your thigh.

What I do (with ingrown hairs on my pits or whatnot) is let the hair FREE! Seriously, pop that sucker like a pimple. The hair is literally caught under the skin, so if your break the skin covering it, it can go back to growing. But like pimples, one of two things can happen. It can turn reddish for a couple hours, or it can turn purple and nasty, which is when it doesn't heal right. Don't go out and spend $15 on some cream though, you can do it yourself.

But I use a razor, and Angel is right, you get about 800 of them, and they're extremely annoying. From afar, they look like razor burns, but close up they look like zits all over your thighs. Not good times.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jul 10 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #8

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I agree hot flannel, but not burning hot. and exfoliate, either with a scrub, or loofah. exfoliating after hot flannel, in circular motions and not so that your skin goes red, but that you are removing the dead skin on top.

hope this helps.

Frog wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jul 10 2004, 10:29 AM
Post #9

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

I've been wanting to wax for soooo long. I've bought all the lotions and potions and they don't work. I guess its to the salon I must go sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post Jul 11 2004, 02:05 PM
Post #10

A monster of someone elses creation...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 873

I stopped getting waxed cos of ingrowing hairs, I just use my trusty razor now!

Still get the occassional one though so I exfoliate regularly and dab tea-tree oli or lavender oil on anything looking red and bumpy!

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Jul 11 2004, 03:38 PM
Post #11

Holy Goddess of Natopia... since 1985

Member No.: 822

I admire people with the courage to wax. Personally I shave. Shaving in the direction of the hair's growth doesnt cause shaving rash. But then, everyone is different. Some people cant wax.

I tried waxing myself once and OWW! I'm too much of a sissy to go to a salon and have someone else looking at my 'bits'.

I have to agree with the exfoliating. Supposedly ingrown hairs are caused by the new hair being stuck under the skin and exfoliating before shaving or waxing removes the dead skin covering the hair.

I would also like to add... has anyone stopped to think that nature didn't intend us to wax or shave. Have you noticed that you only get ingrown hairs when you try to get rid of the hair?

Ironic, huh.

*climbs down off soap box*

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jul 11 2004, 07:27 PM
Post #12

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

QUOTE (Enslaved @ Jul 11 2004, 04:38 PM)
I tried waxing myself once and OWW! I'm too much of a sissy to go to a salon and have someone else looking at my 'bits'.

Waxing at home will always hurt more as you don't know how to do it. I tried waxing my eyebrows at home once and it hurt like buggery. Doesn't hurt that much at a salon. I hate my eyebrows. In fact, I pretty much hate hair full stop.

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jul 11 2004, 08:56 PM
Post #13

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

Oh I know.. I hate hair too... I didn't know the Veet worked, I'm lazy when it comes to shaving, and I hate having ingrown hairs. Does anyone remember that Nads stuff? It was like waxing and it was from Austraila. I watched an infomercial on it.. and you can actually eat the stuff, the lady who created it tasted it. It must not have worked too well.. since I haven't heard much about it for like.. years. Speaking of hair... unsure.gif how do I get my man to kinda.. err.. trim? I have no idea how to approach that subject. Also, I find if you use a super sharp just outta the box razor, you get a nice clean shave with no ingrown hairs when they start to grow again.

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jul 11 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #14

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Aislinn Faye Posted on Jul 11 2004, 09:56 PM
how do I get my man to kinda.. err.. trim? I have no idea how to approach that subject.

stop shaving, and tell him you'll shave/ trim if he shaves/ trims. laugh.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jul 11 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #15

My cute little Aislinn!

huh.gif I don't think I could not shave... I hate hair..gahh.. just the though makes me gag. But hey.. maybe I can pull the unfair girly thing.. ya know.. when you're making out hardcore, and you ask him questions and it's always "uh-huh". Does that happen to anyone else?

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jul 11 2004, 10:18 PM
Post #16

omno-ahhhhhhh!

^^ elaborate please (Frog is confuzzed).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jul 11 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #17

My cute little Aislinn!

You know when you're making out with your boyfriend.. and he's so horny that he can only think about grinding with you? And you make little comments in between, and he's not listening.. so he just says "uh-huh".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jul 12 2004, 11:35 AM
Post #18

If you've got tattoos you can get your bikini line waxed. Seriously! It doesn't hurt as much as having a tattoo done or a piercing.

And they don't look at your bits! rolleyes.gif You leave your pants on and they wax to the edge. Unless you want them to go further. It's your choice. They've seen it all before anyway laugh.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 12 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #19

My direction

QUOTE (Aislinn Faye @ Jul 11 2004, 11:21 PM)
You know when you're making out with your boyfriend.. and he's so horny that he can only think about grinding with you? And you make little comments in between, and he's not listening.. so he just says "uh-huh".

Your guy does that? Jesus, if mine did that I would stop making out with him sad.gif

Mind you he's horny 24/7 so I guess he's learned to cope with concentrating on other things at the same time tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 13 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #20

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Just to clarify before I begin, I don't wax my nether regions, men get ingrowing hairs on their face! (Although European guys get a lot less than Afro-Caribeanan guys, apparently it's to do with the shape of the follicles, which is why you see more black guys with shaving rash than white guys. Anyway...)

When I get an ingrowing hair I usually leave it for a few days then use a washed sewing needle to gently break the skin and release the tip of the hair. After that you can either pull it fully out with tweezers or just gently tug it to get it fully over the skin. Usually this will clear it up in a few days.

Getting a guy to trim: Try mentioning that you think he'd look sexier with trimmed hair. It's a kind of emotional blackmail but it will probably work!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Jul 13 2004, 12:43 AM
Post #21

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Getting a guy to trim: Try mentioning that you think he'd look sexier with trimmed hair. It's a kind of emotional blackmail but it will probably work!

Haha!!!! People havent tried that yet??? I think it works, I use that to get my boyfriend to cut his hair.... ^^;; Good advice

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Jul 13 2004, 04:09 AM
Post #22

Holy Goddess of Natopia... since 1985

Member No.: 822

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jul 12 2004, 08:35 PM)

If you've got tattoos you can get your bikini line waxed. Seriously! It doesn't hurt as much as having a tattoo done or a piercing.

And they don't look at your bits! rolleyes.gif You leave your pants on and they wax to the edge. Unless you want them to go further. It's your choice. They've seen it all before anyway laugh.gif

The world is out to get me!!! Last week my doctor told me I need to have a pap smear.

THEY'RE MY BITS DAMMIT! MINE!!! dry.gif

Yeh, I know they have seen it all before, and I'm sure it doesnt hurt that much. Although I scratched my arm yesterday and I almost cried over it. But tatt's and piercings are fine smile.gif I'm also worried that I'll run around trying to show everyone and tell them how proud I was cuz I got "waxed". Hehehe.

*Makes excuses to prolong getting waxed* rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jul 13 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 13 2004, 01:33 AM)
When I get an ingrowing hair I usually leave it for a few days then use a washed sewing needle to gently break the skin and release the tip of the hair. After that you can either pull it fully out with tweezers or just gently tug it to get it fully over the skin. Usually this will clear it up in a few days.

How do you know where to pierce the skin?? unsure.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jul 13 2004, 11:31 AM
Post #24

My direction

QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 13 2004, 01:33 AM)

I do that to mine. I also use the reverse to stop him cutting the hair on his head.

What?! Its not like he doesnt do it to me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jul 13 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #25

My cute little Aislinn!

With the whole "uh-huh" thing.. he doesn't do it all the time... unsure.gif and I do it more than him because I'm a horn dog...it's sad.

I remember once I asked a guy to trim and he said no.. because it's like "cutting the mane off the lion, if you take his mane away, you take away his pride" which he was shortly after cut off from all sexual supply. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 09:37 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!