IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wc Meet Version 2, You will all come to The Candice!
Phyllis
post Jul 15 2004, 01:21 AM
Post #1

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

Soooo. We were talking about this in IRC, and it got me to wondering how many people would be interested in this. Granted, it's a LONG way off, but heh the planning for the meet that just happened went on last summer. biggrin.gif

We're thinking that Boise, Idaho would be a good place to have the next meet. Lo and I think this because of its proximity to me, so I can plan this one. Irish thinks this because of the abundance of legal fireworks in Idaho..lmao. A lot of people probably also haven't been there, and it can be quite fun.

So, just out of curiosity, how many people would want/might be able to attend a meet in Boise? I'm thinking around spring break would be a good time, because then the weather in Boise is quite nice. If this doesn't pan out...I'll try to make it to a Central US meet...but that's rather iffy. I'd much prefer one in Boise...because well, I'm very shy and familiar surroundings are nice. Plus it doesn't take me long to drive there. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 15 2004, 01:58 AM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I would go but that is obvious from our discussions in IRC. I would like to make the Central meet too but that's probably not likely. I don't know if spring break would work though because everyone seems to get them at different times, and hopefully by then I'll be going to the Art Institute so I'm not sure when a break would be for me. They go 11 weeks and then take 3 weeks off all year.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 15 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

Well...we could always just post when all of our spring breaks will be...and then see if we have days in common...lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Lorax
post Jul 15 2004, 02:29 AM
Post #4

Superterriffic.

Member No.: 1,052

I'd wanna go! happy.gif I doubt my mom'd have too much of a problem if I had a ride and money....so I'm a maybe...>.>;

--------------------
[center]Lets all get drunk, tonight.[/center]

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jul 15 2004, 02:36 AM
Post #5

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

I have one phrase to say. And don't hate on me for saying it either.

"MataMeet Bottle Rocket War"

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 15 2004, 02:44 AM
Post #6

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (The Lorax @ Jul 14 2004, 07:29 PM)
I'd wanna go! happy.gif I doubt my mom'd have too much of a problem if I had a ride and money....so I'm a maybe...>.>;

Where do you live? I doubt I'd be able to pick you up..lol..since I only live about an hour and a half from Boise, but maybe someone else lives nearby...never know.

Also, how old are you? Old enough to suggest going Greyhound to your mom without her completely freaking out? lol

Aaaalso. Late June would also be a good time for me if spring break doesn't work out. Anyone have any other time-frame suggestions?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Lorax
post Jul 15 2004, 03:07 AM
Post #7

Superterriffic.

Member No.: 1,052

I live in Chandler, Arizona....yeah, which is why I'd want it to be by me incase the "NO GOING STATES AWAY" thing rises up....and I'm fourteen...well I'd be fifteen then...

--------------------
[center]Lets all get drunk, tonight.[/center]

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 15 2004, 03:19 AM
Post #8

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

If the Central meet doesn't pan out well, I'd go to yours. Actually, I wish we didn't have to have seperate meets at all.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 15 2004, 03:33 AM
Post #9

Candbrush Threepwood

Me too. Damn our country being so FREAKING ENORMOUS. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 15 2004, 03:48 AM
Post #10

Kiefer > Jason

Yeah damn our country, damn it to hell. Why did we have to have manifest destiny anyway?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 15 2004, 03:51 AM
Post #11

Candbrush Threepwood

You knooowww. Greyhound is a cheap way to travel. And one bonus of Boise is that the bus station is really small, so it's easy to find people there.

For instance...with an advance purchase ticket...one can get from oh, say Kansas City to Boise in 1 day, 11 hours....for $158.

*hint hint Missy come to The Candice!*

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 15 2004, 04:04 AM
Post #12

ever-hopeful since 2003

Hint hint, if Missy goes to the Candice, she will probably take a nice airplane, because they take less time and Missy would be operating on a tight schedule. Collegiate lifestyle = limited weekends, you know? And thankfully, cheapo airlines (aka Southwest) fliest to Boise.

But Missy has to go to the Aries first, unless she can convince the Aries to come to the Candice as well.

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Jul 15 2004, 05:38 AM
Post #13

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 240

QUOTE (candice @ Jul 15 2004, 12:33 AM)
Me too. Damn our country being so FREAKING ENORMOUS. dry.gif

Think of it this way. It's about 3x smaller than Russia. There, now don't we all seem closer together? What? You don't? Well that's just tough.

Also, I'd like to go, but I'm not going to make any commitment cause I'll probably have the same problem I had for this one.

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Jul 15 2004, 06:20 AM
Post #14

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

I'd love to go to either/both of the meets... Central, or WC 2, that is... but HOLY SHEEPDIP! I just found out that it's not so costly to get to Chicago for me. I think I'll go and post my general joy on the Central meet.

But still... Boise! ohmy.gif I mean, come ON people! More importantly, The Candice! ^____^

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 15 2004, 07:22 AM
Post #15

Candbrush Threepwood

Bahhh. You and your "schedule" and your "not wanting to fail." tongue.gif

Southwest actually doesn't have the best fares to Boise from KC. Frontier does. At least, that I could find. From Saskatoon to Boise though...yeeeesh. They'd want you to fly alllllll the way to Vancouver and Seattle to transfer on all the flights I found. And without flying....it'd be about an 18 hour drive...so...yeahhh. o_O

Seriously, if either of you two could make it (and Aries, for that matter), it'd be great, but I'm not expecting it. A central US meet just makes more sense for you guys...just like a Boise meet makes more sense for me.

You could always go to NYC on the first weekend of June and search for me...lmao. That's not a serious option though, cause I'll probably only be able to get away from family stuff for a couple of hours.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Jul 15 2004, 03:14 PM
Post #16

Ai Ravana-hime

Group: New Members
Member No.: 421

Missy, you're missing the silver lining here.

The Angels. Together at last. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiya!

Candice, long time no see. I've missed you so. And the AV/member title? Loving it, living it, loving it, let's do lunch. happy.gif I'll come see the Candice. I mean...how could I not? Permission to bring my deep sea diving equipment and the rubber chicken?

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jul 15 2004, 03:54 PM
Post #17

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

I'm confused.. I thought it was gonna be in Chicago.. I'm not in the loop. Oh, and for the record, if it's in Chicago (and after January 30, 2005), I can do pickups on the east coast, since I live in Florida. If its in ID.. uh.. that's kinda far away sad.gif And I'm not driving through Tornado ally unsure.gif , and I'm not taking coach. 'cause I'm spoiled. laugh.gif

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jul 15 2004, 07:01 PM
Post #18

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Group: New Members
Member No.: 383

QUOTE (Aislinn Faye @ Jul 15 2004, 08:54 AM)
I'm confused.. I thought it was gonna be in Chicago.. I'm not in the loop.  Oh, and for the record, if it's in Chicago (and after January 30, 2005), I can do pickups on the east coast, since I live in Florida. If its in ID.. uh.. that's kinda far away  sad.gif  And I'm not driving through Tornado ally unsure.gif , and I'm not taking coach. 'cause I'm spoiled. laugh.gif

Actually, this thread is for the West Coast Mata Meet part 2....separate from the Central US Mata Meet that's being planned for Chicago in the other topic. smile.gif Hope that clears it up for you.

Personally, I have no argument against Boise, if I'm able to afford it and make it there by that time (whenever it would be). Hard to predict things a whole year in the future.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 15 2004, 07:08 PM
Post #19

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Jul 15 2004, 12:01 PM)
Personally, I have no argument against Boise, if I'm able to afford it and make it there by that time (whenever it would be). Hard to predict things a whole year in the future.

Well Emmy and I were already talking about driving up there together if we both can go and I'm sure we can fit you and/or Berto in the car too if you want. That might help save on money for all of us because we could all go in on gas together or something. If I start saving I could probably afford to rent a car again for this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oxym0ronical
post Jul 15 2004, 07:28 PM
Post #20

badfish

Member No.: 139

Boise is about 11 hours from where I'm at now.. but, with everything going on, I highly doubt I will still be in WY this time next year. So.. I will say that I'd like to come and will try to do so.

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jul 15 2004, 08:03 PM
Post #21

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Jul 15 2004, 08:01 PM)
Actually, this thread is for the West Coast Mata Meet part 2....separate from the Central US Mata Meet that's being planned for Chicago in the other topic. smile.gif Hope that clears it up for you..

oh wow ph34r.gif I'm retarded and can't read. Sorry.

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 16 2004, 01:23 AM
Post #22

ever-hopeful since 2003

QUOTE (candice @ Jul 15 2004, 02:22 AM)
Southwest actually doesn't have the best fares to Boise from KC. Frontier does. At least, that I could find.

Aaaaaaaactually, there is no such thing as a cheap flight to Boise from the Midwest, regardless of airline choice. So I'd have to suck it up and just pay for it, perhaps get the 'rents to chip in as Christmas gifts or something. It's not impossible. Just costly.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 16 2004, 02:18 AM
Post #23

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jul 15 2004, 06:23 PM)
Aaaaaaaactually, there is no such thing as a cheap flight to Boise from the Midwest, regardless of airline choice. So I'd have to suck it up and just pay for it, perhaps get the 'rents to chip in as Christmas gifts or something. It's not impossible. Just costly.

Would it be cheaper for you to take a flight to Sacramento or San Fran and just hitch a ride with me up to Boise?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 16 2004, 03:46 AM
Post #24

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (Prince Aries @ Jul 15 2004, 08:14 AM)
Candice, long time no see.  I've missed you so.  And the AV/member title?  Loving it, living it, loving it, let's do lunch.  happy.gif  I'll come see the Candice.  I mean...how could I not?  Permission to bring my deep sea diving equipment and the rubber chicken?

I've missed you too. sad.gif And lmao...you may bring the equipment if you like, but there will be no spelunking. tongue.gif

The Angels together at last would be a wondermous thing. I will even DANCE if the two of you come. Oh yes. I know this makes you want to pay for an expensive flight and jet out to Boise. Yes it does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 16 2004, 05:03 AM
Post #25

ever-hopeful since 2003

QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 15 2004, 09:18 PM)
Would it be cheaper for you to take a flight to Sacramento or San Fran and just hitch a ride with me up to Boise?

Just checking on Southwest... yes, helluva lot cheaper for Sac-KC flights. Lots more options for cheaper advance-purchase tickets. It'd save me a hundred at the minimum, minus gas money of course.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 06:34 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!