Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Card Games, some new ideas wanted
the lil' pie...
post Jul 15 2004, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

sat at school today, we realised how few card games we knew how to play. and since we have nothing better to do, does anyone know any good ones??

we already know:

cheat
snap
slap snap (oh, pain)
poker
pontoon
s**thead

thankies smile.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 15 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #2

Vive y Deja Vivir

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 672

are any of those the same as Spoon?

Spoon is where you have 4 or 5 people in a circle and you deal them each 4 cards. Have as many spoons in the middle of the table as the amount of people. Then, one person flips through the deck, just constantly picking up cards, looking at them, and then slapping them down the the next player to pick up. You have to do this as quick as possible. The object of the game is to get 4 of a kind. You can discard one car to replace it with one you think will help you get 4 of a kind. When you get 4 of a kind, you sneakily take a spoon from the middle of the table and pretend to flip through cards. If another person realizes you've taken a spoon, they can take one too. The last person not to have a spoon is not only a dumbass, but the LOSER. It actually works because there's such a frenzy to keep moving through the cards that you don't pay attention to the spoons. You can replace spoons with your tongue. You play the same way, but when you get 4 of a kind stick out your tongue, and everyone who notices does the same.

Then there's Egyptian Ratscrew, which is clearly my favorite game in the entire card world. It's like Slap-Snap or Spit... but more complicated, more painful, and more fun. The rules are too complicated to write, so I linked it.

Black Jack, I'm sure you know but didn't put down.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jul 15 2004, 02:27 PM
Post #3

nope, none same as spoon, thankies!!

and yeah, blackjack. i left it out, it's so obvious, i guess smile.gif

just trying to figure the egyptian one out...

--------------------

SHINY...

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 15 2004, 02:35 PM
Post #4

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

Just make sure you don't just play it the Face way (with the different amount of chances per face card). You should incorporate that into the rules, but add in slapping for sam'iches, and lines, and two face cards, and any cards in succession. Doubles, and triples. It's more fun, but more confusing, like that, but then you also get more penalty slaps. My friends and I added our own rule that if you penalty, you can either place a card under the deck or get slapped by each of the other players.

The cool thing about ER is that unlike some slap games you can have like 3 or 4 players. It's very fun.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Mr Meh
post Jul 15 2004, 03:59 PM
Post #5

diluded into strange self-confidence

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,190

swipes is a great game

although can get competitive and stupid

anyway rules are simple

1 card draw aces high winner then takes the entire pack of cards and swipes the pack of the oponents nuckles

repeat ill someone surrenders or blood is drawn

like i said it can get stupid

--------------------
Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all,
Or if he moves will he fall?
Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts within his head?
We'll just pass him there
why should we even care?

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jul 15 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #6

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

First of all, s**theads is a great game. If you know how to play that, why do you need any other game? Second, are you saying that you don't know how to play whist or rummy? That's terrible.

Knockout whist: 7 cards, a suit chosen as trumps. Everyone puts in one card, following suit if they can. Highest card takes trick, trumps always highest. Person with most tricks at end of round gets to choose trumps in next. People with no tricks get knocked out. Second round, 6 cards. Third round, 5 cards. Etc.

Gin rummy: 7 cards. Discard pile. deck. Pick up a card from either top of discard or deck, throw one away. Object of game is to get a run of 7, or any combination of 4 of a kind, 3 of a kind, or a run. First person wins.

Rummy: Same but repeated, value of cards in hand added up at end and added to score. Last one to 100 wins. Aces worth 15.

Hawaiian rummy: 9 cards

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 15 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #7

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

There's a game called Grass which is absolutely addictive. You have to buy a special deck of cards and it's not really like any other card game that you play because of this.

Hmm, that's not very helpful, is it?

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
sjbbandgeek
post Jul 15 2004, 08:38 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 618

I assume the poker you're talking about is 5 card stud.
But that's only one way to play.
Try Texas Holdem, 7 card stud, and Omaha.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jul 16 2004, 08:02 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Jul 15 2004, 07:44 PM)
First of all, s**theads is a great game. If you know how to play that, why do you need any other game? Second, are you saying that you don't know how to play whist or rummy? That's terrible.

sad.gif sorry! we get bored of s***heads after a while, playing for hours on end. thank you for the whist and rummy ideas, i'll check there's not someone who already knows how to play before i try explaining to everyone!! rolleyes.gif

sj, could you explain texas holdem and omaha? (i'm assuming 7 card stud works the same as 5 but with 2 extra cards) (and i apologise for my ignorance. it shames me sad.gif )

--------------------

SHINY...

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 16 2004, 04:37 PM
Post #10

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I just learned how to play Texas Holdem last night by watching a celebrity poker showdown...there was nothing else on and it was my friend's television... laugh.gif

I believe you are dealt two cards face down, and then three cards face up (for everyone to look at). First round of betting. Then you are dealt one more card face up. Second round of betting. Then you are dealt a fifth card face up, last round of betting, use any combination of the face up and face down cards to make your best 5-card poker hand.

Can anyone verify if that's right? tongue.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Jul 17 2004, 03:38 AM
Post #11

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

Learn to play canasta. It's what all the cool* kids do on a Friday night.

*Warning: May only be what the drunken maniacs do.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jul 17 2004, 04:00 AM
Post #12

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

Crazy 8's and Spades are both good games.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jul 17 2004, 09:14 AM
Post #13

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I read about this card game which looks pretty easy and fun in my esl book... It's called "Sleeper"

You play in groups of 3 or more. Before you start playing take out a group of 4 cards for each person, 4 jacks, 4 queens, 4 aces, 4 fives. whatever. Shuffle the cards and deal 4 to each person. The object of the game is to get 4 of a kind. You play it silently with the dealer starting. The dealer removes one card from his/her hand and passes it to the person on his/her left. The person to the dealer's left then does the same and passes to his/her left a card that he/she doesn't want. the play keeps going until someone has 4 of a kind. Whoever gets 4 of a kind first puts down their cards and puts their finger to their nose. Everyone else does the same. The last person to put their cards down loses and gets an 's' by their name on the score sheet, the second time they lose they get an 'L' the third time they get an 'e' and so on until someone spells "sleeper" beside their name.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 17 2004, 03:55 PM
Post #14

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Oh! Kemps! Everyone gets 4 cards to start with (this works well in a large group, but you must have an even number of people) and then the dealer puts out 4 cards. You try to get four of a kind, but you have a partner. You make up a secret sign with your partner, and once you get 4 of a kind, you try to get them to say Kemps. You can only have 4 cards a time in your hand - pick up one and discard one, etc. If no one can use the cards anymore, the dealer puts them in a separate pile and deals 4 new ones.

It can get *very* fast tongue.gif But it's all the more fun. Also, you can say "Counter-Kemps" if you think someone is about to say Kemps. You can play continually and collect letters each time you win, and subtract a letter if a false Counter-Kemps is called. The secret signs can be anything - one group's sign was "I got Kemps" laugh.gif It was a race to see who could say "Kemps" or "Counter-Kemps" first!

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jul 17 2004, 08:18 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Jul 17 2004, 05:00 AM)
Crazy 8's and Spades are both good games.

but how do i play them? laugh.gif lol

--------------------

SHINY...

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jul 18 2004, 06:08 AM
Post #16

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Crazy 8's is a lot like UNO if you've ever played that.
Draw 8 cards for each player. Flip one card up beside the pile. For the basic game play a card that matches in suit or number. If you don't have one that'll do pick up (one card if kind or ) cards until you do. The two's cause the next to pick up 2 cards. If the next has a 2 also he/she can play it to skip picking up and force the next to pick up 4 cards. It can max to eight. A jack means the next person skips a turn. I've played Aces change direction of play and that the Queen of spades is a pick up 5 cards. The object of the game is to wind up without any cards. When you are down to one card in your hand you should say "last card." If you don't and someone notices before you lay that last card the person can yell "pick up 8". Annoying but true. Oh yeah, 8's allow you to change the suit and they don't have to match the suit that current - you can play an 8 whenever it's your turn.

For an insane game - I recommend MAO. Go looking - a basic set of rules can be found on the net but part of the game involves changing the rules while playing. ph34r.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 10:46 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!