Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Feel Pitiful, and all my wisdom is gone
arpeggiodreams
post Jul 17 2004, 12:13 AM
Post #1

salad dressing for is unsightly

Group: New Members
Member No.: 755

The dentist decided to remove my wisdom teeth, and the oral surgeon agreed that it was a grand idea.

So, I was banned from eating starting at 10 last night, went into surgery around 11, starving to death, woke up with a numb tongue, lip, and half my face, along with a mouth stuffed full of gauze.

I came home, and went to sleep. It was very odd, because I sleep on my side, and that side of my face was still numb. I woke up an hour or two later with feeling back in my face and tongue, but not my lip. I've been demanding water and pudding from my younger brother, who has helped me out without complaining (too much)

My best friend is out of town, but we were talking on the phone, and she sent her boyfriend over... I have a giant Patrick (from SpongeBobSquarePants) balloon, a stuffed bunny rabbit (from his little sister), a cup with a straw built in, and a package of small baby spoons.

Directly after he left, I started throwing up... and with my absolute luck, spilt the bowl of vomit all over my bed. Sheets are now in the wash, with the matress pad going in next.

It's been a wonderful day so far. And Sunday morning, I'm getting a ride to Santa Cruz (about 3 hours away) to pick up said best friend from her vacation + party for her 18th birthday.

Why couldn't I have just left my teeth in?

--------------------
I am too busy with all this dust and all these branches weighing on me
Proud member of the RPA--- saving the world,one irrelevancy at a time
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Jul 17 2004, 01:09 AM
Post #2

<3

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 806

blink.gif Wow I'm sorry you had to go through all that. But things will look up, so don't let it keep you down. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 17 2004, 01:41 AM
Post #3

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

It's the pudding that's making you throw up, besides all the blood in your stomache. Milk interacts weird with the drugs they have you take to ward off infection. Don't eat anything with milk in it for a few days.

Oh, and I wouldn't suggest using the cup with the straw, either. Sucking things through a straw also can suck the clots out of the holes and start bleeding again.

Do what the doctors say, and you'll be just fine by Sunday, depending upon your body's reaction to all the drugs and such. I was walking around demanding Chinese food within hours of my surgery, but I'm one of the odd ones.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 17 2004, 02:30 AM
Post #4

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

sad.gif I'm sorry! That's terrible! I'm a lucky one and I haven't ever gone in for a surgery. It was nice of your friend and her boyfriend to help you out, though. I really hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Jul 17 2004, 06:02 AM
Post #5

Actually, things with milk were recommended (ice cream, milkshakes, pudding, etc.). Although I'm trying not to eat too much with milk because of how it curdles.

And I was throwing up even with nothing in my stomach but water!

Thanks for all your kind comments, I'm looking forward to the birthday bash!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 17 2004, 06:07 AM
Post #6

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

That's odd. Maybe they gave you different pain pills or something. All I know is that the ones I was given curdle milk somehow and make you ill.

I hope you're feeling better soon, really! Soon you'll be mastering the art of sucking food out of those little pits in your jaw!

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jul 17 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #7

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

awww *gives pie that doesn't need to be eaten to be good*

soak it through your skin! laugh.gif hope you feel better in time for the bash!

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Jul 18 2004, 01:07 AM
Post #8

Blah. Putting anything in my stomach causes it to revolt. Chicken soup, milkshake, pudding, water... there is no elitism in my tummy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jul 18 2004, 01:22 AM
Post #9

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Heh. I got my wisdom teeth out a couple months ago. Didn't really have a choice, though. I woke up one day, two days before a symphonic concert I was to play in, and was unable to move my mouth. My head was pounding and I pretty much couldn't move. I went to the dentist that day and had my wisdom teeth pulled. That made everything feel SO much better. *grumble grumble*

Anywho... I feel your pain. Sorry about that whole deal. It was fun though... oxycodon (sp?) makes you have fun in english class!

Me, very loopy: "Can I... erm... go get some stomach pills? The pain medicine is making my stomach... erm... what's the word? hurt."

Teacher: "Do you have a pass?"

Me, still very loopy: "No. I don't believe in them."

Teahcer: "Does this make you a believer, then?"

Me: "NO. This makes me a martyr!"

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 11:43 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!