IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Douppelgangers, Have you seen someone's?
Righteous
post Jul 27 2004, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

A douppelganger, for those of you who don't know, is supposed to be one's exact double here on Earth. Supposedly, everyone has one somewhere. When I was sixteen, I swear I saw a chick who looked just like my girlfriend at the time while working at these condos several miles away.

The creepiest yet (which is what motivated me to put this up) was when I saw Bam Margera's producer/director of photography/friend "Sweet" Joe Frantz during the "Making of Haggard" documentary. Frantz (who co-narrated the documentary with Bam) bears an extremely remarkable resemblence to my producer/director of photography/friend "Sweet" Brooks Davis. They both have the long black hair, the beard, the glasses and the leather, studded jacket. They're both amazingly professional. They both posses great knowledge about film. They both regognize great works when they see it. They are both amazingly talented. They both have a great sense of humor. The only major differences are their accents and age. They even sound the same; it's frightening.

Am I a loon or have others experienced the same creepiness?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jul 27 2004, 12:59 AM
Post #2

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

I feel sorry for anybody who looks like me.

Although Johnny Depp's and Angelina Jolie's are damn well lucky.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 27 2004, 01:54 AM
Post #3

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I used to know a guy who looked EXACTLY like my boyfriend only he was about 5 years younger. He was also substantially less intelligent - which was a bit of luck or I really could have had my cake and eate....

I was never confused, never confused!! blink.gif

I feel sorry for anybody who looks like me.

Wench. tongue.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jul 27 2004, 10:07 AM
Post #4

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Spooky ohmy.gif I was having a conversation with my friend about this only last night ohmy.gif

My Dad said he saw me on the tube in London when I was actually up North. Now if my Dad thought it was me she must've looked a helluva lot like me ohmy.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
eleraama
post Jul 27 2004, 03:32 PM
Post #5

There is glass between us...!

Member No.: 1,091

Well, my best friend is mentally my exact double, but physically we're as far apart as possible- I'm brunette, 6', male and she's 5' blonde and female...

Crazy, eh?

--------------------
"Hell is... other people." No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post Jul 27 2004, 08:02 PM
Post #6

A monster of someone elses creation...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 873

I've seen my b/f's in town, I even marched up to him in tesco on one occassion! B/f's brother has been caught out by the strange resemblence too!

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jul 28 2004, 03:10 AM
Post #7

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

I see mine every time I look into the bathroom window over the sink. He's always copying me.

...Bastard.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jul 29 2004, 04:05 AM
Post #8

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I was once tagged as the duplicate of my boss's son's EX fiancee. I kept getting very suspicious looks from the boss for about two months. laugh.gif

Supposedly I am also a ringer for my cousin in Saskatchewan - right down to the mannerisms. She has lighter colour hair though. I've never met her. Mayhap cosmic bad things would happen if doubles ever met.

My last bit is that I sound like my mother. Enough to give the heebie jeebies to a couple of her friends who phoned the house. You see, Mom has been dead for four years and when you phone up her husband you don't expect her voice on the phone. I was in visiting - which Dad didn't mention to anyone. blink.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
jenofthejen
post Jul 29 2004, 06:33 AM
Post #9

all8^

Member No.: 1,167

I've never seen anyone who looked like me. But when I was pregnant someone with the same name and same birthdate saw the same doc as me. The only difference was I spell my name with one 'n' and she used two.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 29 2004, 11:39 AM
Post #10

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Ashbless, I am frequently asked by telemarketers if I could put my husband on the line. laugh.gif

I don't wear my glasses, so everyone third person reminds me of someone I know and every twentieth person..."Hey, is that Emily? *squint squint*"

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 18 2004, 01:56 AM
Post #11

There was a fellow at university that was a dead ringer for the fellow I was seeing at the time. At least he was from the rear.
One time was enough for me to quit greeting my squeeze by walking up beside him and patting him on the bottom. Not the way to make new friends. laugh.gif Or mayhap too good a way to make new friends. ph34r.gif

--------------------

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 19 2004, 04:38 AM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I showed Brooks the segment on the Haggard behind-the-scenes documantary that focused on Joe Frantz. He was blown away. He had since cut his bead, but now he's entertaining the idea of growing it back so he can look even more like Joe Frantz.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Aug 19 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #13

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I saw a girl who looked just like my sister...she had the same belt, same hair, same glasses. I doubt there's anyone who looks like me, though.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Aug 19 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #14

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

I've heard tell that I have several. Apparently some have the same temparament too. Fear for the world for my clone army will overcome you all. evil.gif

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
SPEAKERfortheLOS...
post Aug 20 2004, 02:51 AM
Post #15

Transdimensional Traveler

Member No.: 1,244

Well... considering the fact that i have seen myself before, when i wasnt looking in a mirror, makes this interesting.

I apparently didnt break the mold when i was cast.

Oh well, we-er-I make the world more interesting!

--------------------
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Jack of all trades, master of none,
though offtimes better than master of one.

Carpe Noctem, pro cras nos necemus
Carpe Diem, pro hodie nos mutiamo

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 20 2004, 04:37 AM
Post #16

Mr. Fuzzy
I'm not sure exactly what you look like but there is a fuzzy, computer loving, uber programmer type I know in Vancouver that sounds similar to you. Including shot of living quarters. tongue.gif
My God! The Fuzzy clones are spreading world wide! Run for your lives!
*Runs away*

--------------------

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Aug 20 2004, 01:35 PM
Post #17

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I saw one when I went to camp in the summer about six years--maybe seven-- ago. When I met my female councellor I couldn't put my finger on it, but the girls in my unit did within the first five minutes: she WAS Millissa Joan Hart. She looked and sounded exactly like her (and I should know, from all the years of my sister forcing me to watch the show with her, or me being too lazy to leave the room when she did^^). It was extremely bizarre. Of course, she might not have been a douppelganger; after all, what mult-millionare TV star wouldn't want to get minimum wage to live in a tent for three months with snotty nosed kidlets?

I see mine every time I look into the bathroom window over the sink. He's always copying me.

...and whenever Mike can't be arsed to get up, he sends his Mike^2 out to buy more coffee.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
karismaklysm
post Aug 20 2004, 03:45 PM
Post #18

souped on the beat

Member No.: 712

I have one. Her name is Eowyn.
She lives in Boston, Mass. I live in Raleigh, NC.
We don't look exactly alike, but are ALWAYS asked if we are sisters when we are together.
We have ridiculously parallel pasts. We met about two years ago, and realized we played the same instruments, had the same religious background (exactly, including people we knew), we believe in much of the same stuff, and just generally have the same sense of style. I think we were separated at birth...

I'm just glad she rocks!

--------------------
We will start with the firemen, and then the math teachers, and so on in that fashion...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 10:16 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!