Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ligher Tricks, Fun?
Kitty
post Jul 28 2004, 02:29 AM
Post #1

Professionally Unprofessional

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 580

I got a Zippo yesterday and have barely put it down! I've learned one trick so far cuz its the only one I know of. You just hold the lighter in your hand, two fingers on top coming from the side, thumb on the bottom, then you pull your fingers down and your thumb slips up so you're gripping the bottom half of the lighter and the lid should flip up.

SO FUN!!!! I havent put it down, my mom is going crazy with the constant CLICK!

So do you think lighter tricks are fun? Whats your favorite?

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jul 28 2004, 03:03 AM
Post #2

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

I have a few lighters... My favorite is one that is silver, shaped like a raging stallion. Push it down, the stallion opens its mouth and more or less is now a mini blow torch. Hee hee frickin hee! *twitch*

I really don't like the rickety little disposables... I'm always paranoid that they're going to break in my hand.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jul 28 2004, 05:34 AM
Post #3

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

Yeah, it's sort of like a snapping motion. Another one that I used to employ would be snapping your fingers at the flint and lighting it. Sorta neet. But, I've run out of fluid for mine. Plus, you get that fluidy taste when you light your smokes.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jul 28 2004, 08:52 AM
Post #4

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

You guys really need to get out more (JK) tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Jul 28 2004, 10:22 AM
Post #5

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

I dont know any (and don't smoke) but I can do the thing where you light a match and flick it in one smooth motion. I just had to prove someone wrong, because he couldn't do it and was blaming the matchbox, so I grabbed the box and proved it could be done on the first attempt except that the match landed on my housemates jumper (sitting outside a pub, not inside or anything). unsure.gif

(No jumpers were harmed in the making of this post - the jumper concerned fortunately survived unsinged)

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 28 2004, 10:26 AM
Post #6

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I can do the thing with the Zippo where you flick the lid open by swinging it at your thigh and then on the upward swing you brush your thigh again and light the wick.

Hmmm - does that make any sense to anyone other than me?

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jul 28 2004, 10:45 AM
Post #7

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

Seeing as the amount of accidents you have with anything flammable, Snugs, I think you should put the Zippo away...

Am I the only person who thinks Zippos smell disgusting, by the way?

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Jul 28 2004, 10:48 AM
Post #8

Someday I'll return to the City in the sky

Member No.: 248

Unknown- i don't like the smell of zippos either i'll just stick with my bob marly clicky thingy

Snug- i know that trick

irish- and that 1

Ki77y- as i sed i don't use zippos but i have seen many ppl do many tricks, i'm sorry i can't tell u how 2 du any of them sad.gif but they are fun but smell terrible!!! hehe

--------------------
Signature now edited for my new forum life

WOOOHOOO i am e-engaged to the beautiful GothicTheySay

my little minion DoRmAnT she will do my bidding and be protected by my faires

my faires are, My cider fairy Pyromissy and my Vodka Imp Pyriem

Woo i got a funky signature thingy

user posted image

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Jul 28 2004, 01:52 PM
Post #9

but they are fun but smell terrible!!! hehe 

They really dont smell that bad. Its not as bad as having to go to a gas station, grrrrr. I love my zippo!

I can do the thing with the Zippo where you flick the lid open by swinging it at your thigh and then on the upward swing you brush your thigh again and light the wick.

Hmmm - does that make any sense to anyone other than me?

Yeah!! Wee! I tried to do that, but, my pants didnt like it so much, not to mention the fact that it was out of fluid and wouldnt light....
Hehe, I need to go buy fluid otherwise my bro is gunna pitch a fit for stealing his!

I dont know any (and don't smoke) but I can do the thing where you light a match and flick it in one smooth motion.
I dont think I've seen that one.... I dont smoke either though, lighters are just fun. happy.gif

Another one that I used to employ would be snapping your fingers at the flint and lighting it. Sorta neet. But, I've run out of fluid for mine. Plus, you get that fluidy taste when you light your smokes.

I can do the snappy finger lightly thing.... (sorry I just woke up, cant word things the right way) but it doesnt work much when you have to do it six times because you've run out of fluid and it takes that long to get it to light up.

Thats easy though. I'm not sure about the fluidy taste o.0 I wouldnt.... think it would make it taste fluidy, and if it did not long enough for it to matter. It cant be worse than a match, can it? Matches are sulfer-y gross

I have a few lighters... My favorite is one that is silver, shaped like a raging stallion. Push it down, the stallion opens its mouth and more or less is now a mini blow torch. Hee hee frickin hee! *twitch*

Oh my, that sounds scary! But my mom has like a mini nokia cell phone and when you press the antenna down it lights and makes annoying ringing sounds forever. .... Its not really a cell phone o.0 Heh. Just a lighter. An annoying one!!

I really don't like the rickety little disposables... I'm always paranoid that they're going to break in my hand.

I've never had one break.... except when you keep it light for more than 30 seconds like it says on the warning label and the little top parts fly off.... *cough*

Other than that it's all good. They're just ugly and annoying though.

Wee!! That was alot of quotes I had to do....

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 28 2004, 02:58 PM
Post #10

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Seeing as the amount of accidents you have with anything flammable, Snugs, I think you should put the Zippo away...

True - although as yet, none of my accidents have been Zippo related.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
eternallybored
post Aug 1 2004, 06:47 AM
Post #11

the avatars weren't working again

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,177

I don't know any tricks, but burning things is fun. I keep one of the junky little BIC lighters in this nifty little pocket on my favorite hat all the time.

I've noticed that most people who I know carry lighters, and not a single one of them smoke.

And that carrying a box of matches with you wherever you go makes an annoying racket.

And that everything burns.

I need a cup of coffee.

--------------------
>(|||>
currently one of the four flourish freaks! Hazzah for me!
-----------------------------//--------------------------

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Aug 1 2004, 06:56 AM
Post #12

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Oi. I have no lighter yet, but I do enjoy flame. I have a bunch of candles in my room anyway...we were never really taught to light matches at our house. I learned from a friend of mine. tongue.gif So I don't have a lighter, but someone I know has one from New Orleans that says "F*** YOU!" when you open it. laugh.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 1 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #13

I've noticed that most people who I know carry lighters, and not a single one of them smoke.

And that carrying a box of matches with you wherever you go makes an annoying racket.

And that everything burns.

Yea.... isnt that funny? And the people that smoke normally dont have a lighter o.0; Hmm.... Oy. People are strange. I like the sound of matches in a box though! Its fun.... and.... as long as it gets on other peoples nerves I'm totally fine with it getting on my nerves tongue.gif Everything burns? Well.... I did set afire to a crayola washable marker.... aynnddd.... burnt a rose once.... But I havent tried much else....

I need a cup of coffee. 

^^ So do I. I'm making some right now acctuallyyy....

So I don't have a lighter, but someone I know has one from New Orleans that says "F*** YOU!" when you open it. 

*laughs* Thats awesome!! I want one *shifty eyes*

--------------------

+Quote Post
eternallybored
post Aug 1 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #14

the avatars weren't working again

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,177

I had a dream last night that I was in a room of propane mist and I was lighting those black and red stick lighters everywhere, just shooting them off like guns. And it was all because of this thread.

Can you personalize those talking lighters? I want mine to say "crap" every time I open it. Don't ask me why. It just sounds like something I would say after opening a lighter.

--------------------
>(|||>
currently one of the four flourish freaks! Hazzah for me!
-----------------------------//--------------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Aug 2 2004, 02:37 PM
Post #15

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Zippos are really cool.

I like the one that John Travolta has in Pulp Fiction.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Aug 2 2004, 07:33 PM
Post #16

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

i can do ll three of those tricks and a few more... simplest one... flip the lid open with your thumb and then on the down motion light it... much like the swinngy pants killing one.... but less harmfull to the pants.... i have a color change-ish harley zippo (doesnt really change colors but the imputitys in the metal make it technocolor)

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 3 2004, 02:22 PM
Post #17

I had a dream last night that I was in a room of propane mist and I was lighting those black and red stick lighters everywhere, just shooting them off like guns. And it was all because of this thread.

Hehe.... I make people have strange dreams.... ^^; I feel special.

I want mine to say "crap" every time I open it. Don't ask me why. It just sounds like something I would say after opening a lighter. 

*laughs* Simulated conversation while walking down the streets:
"Have a light?"
Yup *flick* "CRAP!" *lights cigarette*
".... .... Thanks. *edges away*"

happy.gif....

I like the one that John Travolta has in Pulp Fiction. 

I.... havent.... seen Pulp Fiction yet.... sad.gif

but less harmfull to the pants.... i have a color change-ish harley zippo (doesnt really change colors but the imputitys in the metal make it technocolor) 

Is it mostly like a blue-ish purple? Cuz if so I've seen thoes! tongue.gif

Hmm, my zippo wont light! I think its out of fluid.... and.... that means I need to go buy fluid, which means getting out of this house.... eee!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SPEAKERfortheLOS...
post Aug 29 2004, 04:26 AM
Post #18

Transdimensional Traveler

Member No.: 1,244

I like my Zippo.. its fun... like when I use it to make loud banging sounds by blowing the lid open... all I do is light it and then close the lid... the lid doesnt shut right so it burns and slowly builds presure inside so that it blows it open! Its so cool.

My name is SPEAKER for the LOST and i'm a Pyromaniac.

BURN BABY BURN!

--------------------
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Jack of all trades, master of none,
though offtimes better than master of one.

Carpe Noctem, pro cras nos necemus
Carpe Diem, pro hodie nos mutiamo

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 6 2004, 12:45 PM
Post #19

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Have a friend who collects things that produce flame. I'd never actually SEE her take anything at the pub but when we arrived back at the apartment she'd produce 4-10 lighters/matchbooks. It was like magic. We had a fishbowl at the front door for her "finds".
Would she be a pyroklepto maniac ?
or is that someone who steals the fire itself rather than the firemakers?

That was all she'd nick. As far as I know only her now-ex caught her at it. Only because his favorite lighter was magically found in the fishbowl a couple times and he got a bit paranoid about it.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Sep 7 2004, 06:45 PM
Post #20

word

Member No.: 359

my friend did this one thing where you take the lighter

oh i should explain a few things first..

ok..look at the top of the lighter

the little wheelything is like eyes

then the hole is the nose

and that cracked out half circle thing is the smile

anyway..

i have no fircken clue wtf he did..

but like you turn the fireyness on and imprint a smilie on yopur arm..or..somewhere

um...

i know the other one..\

where you cup your hands,then someone holds down the lighter fluid button and then you light it and open your hands and its like holding flame

thats it.

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:58 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!