IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A One Sided Poll..., But one I want to make anyway.
What attracts you more to someone?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
PsychWardMike
post Aug 9 2004, 03:22 AM
Post #1

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,105

So choose one. Style or substance? A flash of lightning that heats intensely and blinds or a steady bon fire? Which one?

I've gotta go with style. Commitment is a touchy thing for me, and when someone has a smooth sensual style, I can't help but fall for them. Substance is good, don't get me wrong, but I can't really be into the long term deals. Style baby, style. I guess that's why I love everyone that I do... Dante of Devil May Cry, Johnny Depp, Viewtiful Joe. They all have substance, but they just have so much more style.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Aug 9 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

Mmmm...Johnny Depp.

My point is: you've got two guys/girls after your attention. One that you're immediately attracted to but doesn't seem to be that worried about your response. The second that maybe doesn't catch the eye so much, but is (in short) a lovely guy/girl who seems genuinely to want you around.

I've worded that badly, but I'd go for substance, every time.

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 9 2004, 12:52 PM
Post #3

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

On first impressions it's got to be style. Then again, you generally don't get to know someones substance without noticing the style first.

I think they go hand in hand - it's the style that attracts you to the substance.

Of course if you're attracted to the style and then not to the substance, then the style doesn't seem so attractive because the substance lets it all down.

And so on and so forth... blink.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Aug 9 2004, 12:56 PM
Post #4

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Probably some combination of the two, I know its easy to say, but someone with substance who I'm not physically attracted to wouldn't be anymore than a friend to me, similarly someone who's nice to look at but has no substance is just something nice to look at, not a bad thing in itself, just not for me, sounds like I want a lot? well i already got it biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

EDIT: why is there someone who thinks the same as me and always manages to post JUST before me without me realising it, WHY GOD WHY?!?! tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Baron
post Aug 9 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,219

Normally, style reflects substance and vice versa. However, it seems like these days so many people are made-up...not being themeselves, conforming to the society around them...that it is difficult to find people who have substance.

If I find someone who's style reflects there substance, then, I'm very happy. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Aug 9 2004, 05:30 PM
Post #6

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

*pulls out hair* Style more of short term, substance more of long term. I went with substance.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Aug 16 2004, 08:07 PM
Post #7

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Aug 9 2004, 12:40 PM)
My point is: you've got two guys/girls after your attention. One that you're immediately attracted to but doesn't seem to be that worried about your response. The second that maybe doesn't catch the eye so much, but is (in short) a lovely guy/girl who seems genuinely to want you around.

I've worded that badly, but I'd go for substance, every time.

I would also be more likely to go for substance if only because of the number of guys I've ended up with who had style, and turned out to be... not nice people tongue.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 10:11 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!