IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hurricane Charlie, It's headed my way.
Righteous
post Aug 13 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

I live in north Florida where things are relatively safe when it comes to tropical storms and hurricanes (we haven't been hit by one in approx. thirty years). Hurricane Charlie is getting to be a little sketchy. It went over the mainland around Tampa and is now riding up the gulf coast. Most likely, it'll take a turn via the jet stream and run into northeast Florida and southern Georgia which is right up mine and Aislinn's alley. Most likely we'll just get some rain and some wind and some crap will be thrown around. I just wanted to ask that you keep me and Aislinn in your thoughts and prayers. Chances are, we'll be okay, but if I don't post for a few days, either lightning struck my PC, my house blew away, the roof collapsed or something flew through the window and put me in a coma.

Just kidding on that last part.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Aug 13 2004, 08:59 PM
Post #2

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I have family wot that has a house in Punta Gorda, near Port Charlotte--it's getting extremely nasty right about there, I've heard. Thankfully, they're up north with us right now (where it's simply drab and drizzly). Still, we're worrying and keeping an eye on the weather reports. I hope things go well for you, too. I'll keep you in mind too when I pray (and god knows I'm praying, Florida gives me a break from my grandparents, bless 'em. ^^).

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Aug 13 2004, 09:18 PM
Post #3

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Oh I was so worried about yall!!!!!!!!!! I hope it doesn't hit too hard in your neck of the woods. As soon as you're back on, you PM me so I know you're okay!!!!
*stops panicking* I'll be praying for yall.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
ravein
post Aug 13 2004, 09:40 PM
Post #4

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

yeah.. it is headed our way next.. Tropical Storm Bonnie hit us yesterday.. which wasn't too bad.. but three people died when a tornado hit a trailer park here.. as far as Charley is concerned.. bring it on.. just another reason to throw a hurricane party.. we are used to them by now..

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 13 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #5

Shut up, noob!

Dig this.

I'm ashamed to have listened to sensationalized local news and the paranoid idiots in this town. Apparently, the hurricane hit south of where it was supposed to land and is drifting around Orlando (where my buddy Boogie lives dry.gif). With this massive cold front coming south, it'll wear Charlie out and push it out to the ocean, brushing my area just barely (sustained winds of thirty miles an hour; God and baby Jesus help us). In the ocean, however, it most likely will gain power and may be a threat to Ravein (though that probably won't be the case).

The God damn wahoos here are losing their minds. Everyone here is worrying that the sky is falling (including my mom and our governor). I mean, I was a little worried, but God damn. My haggard, cynical dad told me that he's been making bets with people over what the Hell is/will be going on. Some guy said that EVERYBODY in Key West (where my uncle and sister currently are) is being evacuated. My dad called them up and asked about it and they said that the people there are outside chilling like nothing's happening. My brother's boss bought two very expensive generators which he won't use (and will owe my dad dinner at Beef O'Brady's).

It's amazing how everyone gets when a storm hits (or doesn't hit). The news is painting a bleak picture where Charlie will blow away most of Florida. From now on, I'll refrain from TV or radio news when something remotely catastrohic happens.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ravein
post Aug 13 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #6

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

hahahaha! I understand.. trust me.. you cannot find a gallon of milk within a 100 miles of where I live! It is the same no matter if it is a snow storm or a hurricane.. people here run out and buy milk, bread, and sandwhich meat.. which when the power goes out spoils within hours. So I learned long ago.. you go buy can food, beer, smokes, candles and make sure you have sugar and kool-aid..
Actually I am sitting here right now watching the rain, my parking lot is just starting to flood a bit... and the hurricane isnt even close to us..
*opens another beer*

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Aug 14 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #7

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Of all places, the hurricane seems to have hit Punta Gorda, where my relatives live, worst. -.- Or at least, that's the only place they've really mentioned on the news. Do any of you have more specific information about the damage? Our news reporters have the attention space of squirrels on crack, they don't really care what's going on that far away. My great uncle also seems to be missing--my reletives and the police can't find him. Oh, hum. Not good.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Aug 14 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #8

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I heard that Punta Gorda was a mess, too. I hope they find your great uncle to be safe and I hope your relatives are safe. I also heard about a town, I forgot its name... i think it was Merrett or something like that. A lot of mobile homes were destryoyed.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 14 2004, 11:04 PM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

My friend Boogie is coming up from Orlando because he says there's no power and all of his classes got cancelled.

The death toll overall is fifteen "and rising." That's really not that bad considering it hit land the way it did.

Prince Shrub (Governor Bush) wants $15 billion for the damages caused by the storm. Why in the Hell does the state need that much money to cover a handful of (most likely insured) homes, a few trees and random lawn chairs and garden ornaments?

--------------------

+Quote Post
helicopter pilot
post Aug 15 2004, 12:10 PM
Post #10

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,171

ergh, that sounds way nasty, i feel so sorry for you guys. it must be so horrible getting extreme weather thingys, we never ever have anything like that and are currently going mental because we got a dumping of like 3cm of snow. good luck with your weather.

--------------------
WWSBD?

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 15 2004, 01:18 PM
Post #11

Shut up, noob!

It's really not that bad, Pilot. Hurricanes have always been sensationalized hardcore, especially after Andrew beat the Hell out of Miami. Punta Gorda got hit pretty hard but the majority of the damage is there in a small area and that was a category 4 (out of five).

It's not as bad as the media makes it out to be. If it was, why the Hell would we live here?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Aug 20 2004, 04:04 PM
Post #12

<3

Member No.: 806

My friend Nikki, when I talked to her Tuesday, was still without power (she had lost it the previous Friday). She lives near Orlando and said that a tornado had touched down in the front of her housing development. unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Sep 1 2004, 06:30 PM
Post #13

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

This is so great Ri.. now we have Frances comming twds us (Ri and I are in the same county).. alot of people are taking this one more seriously than Charley. We're thinking about evacuating...gag me please.

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 1 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #14

Shut up, noob!

It's never as bad as people make it out to be. The chances of having another Andrew are slim to none.

Of course, CNN and the weather channel will be having a field day while the rest of us will be sitting back drinking our beer (or Dr. Pepper) while it pours outside.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 3 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #15

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

heheh hurricane charlie....i wonder how it got its name....maybe it went over columbia tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Sep 3 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #16

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Now we can all be worried about Francois!! Yaayy.... I hope it doesnt hit miami....

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
SPEAKERfortheLOS...
post Sep 3 2004, 08:26 PM
Post #17

Transdimensional Traveler

Member No.: 1,244

WOW! its amazing how many people all live near me and my hell hole of Fort Misery(Fort Myers). Well it appears that this hurricane is following the same path of Andrew... Except that i should imagine that it will turn at the last possible moment just to piss off every School commissioner in Florida... HAHAHA!!!

That would be funny to see...

--------------------
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Jack of all trades, master of none,
though offtimes better than master of one.

Carpe Noctem, pro cras nos necemus
Carpe Diem, pro hodie nos mutiamo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 01:49 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!