Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should I Allow Lord Of Darkness Back?
Mata
post Apr 21 2003, 03:09 PM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This isn't a poll because the parties that he threatened are outnumbered by those who weren't involved.

I've had an email from LoD asking to be allowed back on here and saying that he will behave.

He was barred for breaking the first rule of the forum by using personally agressive and abusive language to other members, this was after he had already been given one warning.

Any return would be a final chance and entirely conditional on future good behavior.

So what do you think? Did he blow his chances by continuing to be agressive towards other posters after a warning or should he be given one more go now that it has been demonstrated that he can be barred permanently should he behavior return?

I'll leave this thread online for a few days before I make any decision either way.

Mata

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hyperion
post Apr 21 2003, 03:15 PM
Post #2

samazon

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 234

Hmm. I'm sitting on the fence for this one.

On one hand, everyone deserves a second chance.

On the other, he threatened some of my favorite zoners.

On the other hand, he was annoying as heck.

On the other hand (I suppose I'm using feet by now), he didn't stand up for himself, and that bothers me.

But he still probably deserves another chance. And if he's still annoying and schtuff, well, he'll be banned again coz this is based on behavior. Yep. So. *shrug*

--------------------
I saw you, Walt Whitman, childless, lonely old grubber, poking among the meats in the refrigerator and eyeing the grocery boys. I heard you asking questions of each: Who killed the pork chops? What price bananas? Are you my Angel? Ginsberg

+Quote Post
leopold
post Apr 21 2003, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Well...

He did manage to get back online for a day or so, after he was banned (not sure how he managed it, but that's prolly another story) an he did behave himself. He even wrote an apology thread, which I thought was pretty mature, as it would be far easier to just walk away an leave it...

I guess sometimes people need more of a shock than a "shot across the bows" warnin, like ya gave him. It's a pity ya had to go as far as banning him before he sat up an took notice, but at least he did!

(As an aside, it's also proved yer forum rules aren't a "paper tiger", an that you will enforce them when necessary... that should encourage others to behave too.)

I personally don't have a problem wi him comin back as he never annoyed me that much... I know I got carried away wi the whole thing though, which I'm not too proud of... However, he did upset a friend of mine on this forum, an I can't say she'll be so forgiving - but I do know if he apologises to her directly for what he said, she may view it more kindly...

I think he's learned his lesson, an as such deserves a second chance.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Apr 21 2003, 03:26 PM
Post #4

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

Yeah, give the lad a second chance. Personally, I think it's only a matter of time before he offends someone else, or acts like a 6 year old who's had too many colourings again (based on his responses in chat over the last few days), but as Hyperion says, gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.

Make it clear that he's to be on best behaviour....

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Free Psycho
post Apr 21 2003, 03:38 PM
Post #5

Goddess of all-behold and worship

Group: New Members
Member No.: 199

I agree that you should let him back, Mata. He did act maturally when he sneaked back on for a couple of days. And what do you have to lose? If he misbehaves again, you can just kick him off permenatlly (I can't spell)

--------------------
Cheese is my husband and I love him muchly! (attacks with kisses)
Hinsley-the first bi-straight marriage and first forum divorce.
Forum affiliation positions: Governor of the Ejits, Grand Princess of ISH, official Elf-Wizard of the Snuffleburger Death Cult, Queen over all Misfit Dolls
I am death grip barbie-BEWARE. My animal spirit is a mermaid.
I have been entrusted to take care of Jennifer the vodka imp, although I wasn't aware of it until just now...I was beginning to wonder why she was following me...
I am Leopold's minion, so bugger off! I mean...quack? Sir Psycho Sexy is my minion and Wolfbane is my anti-minion.
Crissi, Crazi, and LDP are my e-sisters! iamtootiredyyyy is my little e-brother! Missy is my e-twin. We were seperated at birth. (whispers) She's the evil one. And Raven343 is my witchy god-mother! (chokes on not-so-faerie-dust)
user posted imageuser posted image user posted image <--(Look that's me!) Free Psyduck!! Quuuuuaaaaccckkkk!!!
[sig chopped for being HUGE! Please trim it - Mata]

+Quote Post
NummyNums
post Apr 21 2003, 03:43 PM
Post #6

Holey Great Mother of God ive been cloned!!!

Group: Banned
Member No.: 178

yeah i think he desrves another chance.. cuz there is someone else.. (who i do not wanna name to avoid conflict) that can be really anooying and was really mean to one of my peeps at her e-wedding because she didnt want him to priest... so i say if yah ban one you should ban others...

--------------------
Me and logic are e-engaged woot woot.. *mwuah* luv yah babe
No one will ever love cheese as much as i do.. always and forever...
Commies my husband.... whuts it to yah huh? hehehe *hugglez commie*
my boobs are named Aidan and Nadia.. wes owns them now, he also owns me we are engaged and i love him and sex him with all my heart and umm.... soul.. hehehe

user posted image

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 21 2003, 03:46 PM
Post #7

He did manage to get back online for a day or so, after he was banned

I hadn't worked out how to use the ban IP address function for someone who has a variable IP address for eachtime they come online. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Apr 21 2003, 04:22 PM
Post #8

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

I agree with Jonman. Let him on, but with a condition: if he starts up with his old antics, he should be removed permanently. And he probably will be immature again, but he deserves a chance to prove himself otherwise.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 21 2003, 04:48 PM
Post #9

[...]there is someone else.. (who i do not wanna name to avoid conflict) that can be really anooying and was really mean[...]

If people are breaking the rules then do report them to myself or Jonman (or both of us) naming the thread where the abuse is happening. We do take a very serious view of this but we do have a sense of balance too so we try to give people a chance to mend their ways and apologise.

I'll spare you any more explanation before I start sounding like a 1984 'PEACE IS WAR' slogan wink.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Apr 21 2003, 04:53 PM
Post #10

Matazone acolyte

Member No.: 183

Personally Mata, it's your forum and he broke your rules. I did not have a problem with the guy as i did not find anything intresting in his posts so i skipped them. But at the end of the day would you feel happy with him back?.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Apr 21 2003, 05:08 PM
Post #11

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

I personally do believe in second chances, although from what I have heard LOD got a warning before you banned him, and by ignoring that I do think that was him using up his second chance.

LOD can be ok, but when one breaks a rule they do have to suffer the consiquences...........all in all though it's definatly your call Mata and I just have to say probably a hard call to make.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Apr 21 2003, 07:07 PM
Post #12

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

If you, Mata, truly think he/she's learnt their lesson, let them back.

Sun Tsu

+Quote Post
LilNick
post Apr 21 2003, 07:11 PM
Post #13

Obsessive

Member No.: 88

i think LoD should say sorry to most of the people in this forum and if Mata lets him come back and the LoD starts it again he should never be allowed back.
This is only my opinion though.

--------------------
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Untill it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."-J.R.R.T

Here is my Acid Bunny:user posted imageFrodo is his name Here is my vodca imp:user posted image Sam is his name
Lle quena i'lambe tel' Eldalie? (Do you speak elvish?)Amin n'rangwa edanea.(I don't understand these humans)
Oni Usagi naa Amin verno!(Oni Usagi is my husband!)

The Tortured Soul is my e-brother so don't mess with me.
Member of The Ejit cult:Princess of The Ejits Member of the Animal Spirit Club: I'm a Hobbit

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Apr 21 2003, 08:02 PM
Post #14

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

i think our kid shot himself in the foot a long time ago and should not be allowed back, i don't wanna say anymore here really, possibly because most people won't agree with what i think, but by the looks of it he'll be back, i just wish he wasn't so....competetive.....

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Apr 21 2003, 08:52 PM
Post #15

Kiefer > Jason

I'll put this cause I don't know if I was completely clear........I know LOD made an apology....I know that he has problems, and sometimes can be rather cool.....but I think he has had his chances, the warning, then getting kicked off, so I personally don't feel he should be let back on, just for a matter of bringing down the feeling of the forum with the death threats, and other threats intended to intimidate others into not disagreeing with him.

Thats my 2 cents, but like I said previously, it's Mata's forum its Mata's decision.

--------------------

+Quote Post
prezgfish
post Apr 21 2003, 08:58 PM
Post #16

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Banned
Member No.: 61

hmm the guy spammed worse than i thought was immaginable every thread when he was in got one line posts he made the forum a littl emore boring

at first i was amused but it eventually became annoying.

and you can think what you want of that statement

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Apr 21 2003, 09:27 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 80

Three chances and you are out, maybe? I don't know... I think that LoD really is a good person. I know that he behaved badly and acted immature at times, but when he came back for that one day, he was nice, contrite, and showed that he can behave maturely while still being fun to chat with. So, we know he is capable of behaving properly and he knows that he WILL be banned if he does not... I think that things could work out if he is given another chance.

But, this is just my opinion and it really means nada... I just wanted to share it anyways tongue.gif I am sure that Mata will do what he really thinks is best. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Apr 21 2003, 09:58 PM
Post #18

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

I s'pose, but of course, it's up to you. If he is let back, strict probation? .. Very strict. x_X

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Apr 21 2003, 10:03 PM
Post #19

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 21 2003, 04:09 PM)
This isn't a poll because the parties that he threatened are outnumbered by those who weren't involved.

I've had an email from LoD asking to be allowed back on here and saying that he will behave.

He was barred for breaking the first rule of the forum by using personally agressive and abusive language to other members, this was after he had already been given one warning.

Any return would be a final chance and entirely conditional on future good behavior.

So what do you think? Did he blow his chances by continuing to be agressive towards other posters after a warning or should he be given one more go now that it has been demonstrated that he can be barred permanently should he behavior return?

I'll leave this thread online for a few days before I make any decision either way.

Mata

well, lod was back for a day after you barred him (i assume he was usin a different ip adress, maybe monky's) and he posted about 150 times and was extremely nice (he made 2 public apologys if you wanna go check). he should definitelly come back. o, btw, if he wanted to continue threatenin ppl, he could, but he doesn't
o yeah, one last thing, i've been talkin to him after he stopped postin, he really is sorry about what he did and really would like to come back. i dun think he really understood how seriously ppl would take what he did and when ppl began reactin to his threats, angry posts, etc. with anger towards him (which is the obvious reaction tho i'm not blamin anyone for this) he got kinda suprised and thought the forum had turned on him and began lashin out at it. i KNOW he'd be much better if you let him back. but, as everyone's been sayin, it's mata's decision, i jus hope i mighta showed him somethin he overlooked before

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Apr 21 2003, 10:04 PM
Post #20

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

ok... seeing as how i started the whole mess that ended up with him getting banned, i feel that i need to be serious for once...

i agree that everyone deserves a second chance...
i talked with him yesterday, and he was cool... but then quickly got mad... cause started talking about destorying the world (etc)
as much as the death threats scared/annoyed me, i say we forgive and forget... (i think he got back to jaq and tara about them saying he was sorry... i could be wrong...)

all in all, i say he should allowed to come back... but when he messes up again, hes gone...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
leopold
post Apr 21 2003, 10:31 PM
Post #21

Absentee Mod

QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Apr 21 2003, 10:27 PM)
But, this is just my opinion and it really means nada...

Like fun it doesn't!!!!

Everyone's opinion counts here! Even the misguided ones!! Not that yours is misguided.... I didn't say that.... *ahem*

Oh look, a blue an yellow giraffe!!!

*runs away*

--------------------

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Apr 21 2003, 10:33 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (leopold @ Apr 21 2003, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Apr 21 2003, 10:27 PM)
But, this is just my opinion and it really means nada...

Like fun it doesn't!!!!

Everyone's opinion counts here! Even the misguided ones!! Not that yours is misguided.... I didn't say that.... *ahem*

Oh look, a blue an yellow giraffe!!!

*runs away*

pppffffttttttt tongue.gif hehe How's that for an opinion? hehe wink.gif

+Quote Post
leopold
post Apr 21 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #23

Absentee Mod

QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Apr 21 2003, 11:33 PM)
pppffffttttttt tongue.gif hehe How's that for an opinion? hehe wink.gif

Well, if we're gunna resort to that level of argument...

nyah nyah boo ta you!!! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Apr 21 2003, 10:37 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (leopold @ Apr 21 2003, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Apr 21 2003, 11:33 PM)
pppffffttttttt  tongue.gif  hehe  How's that for an opinion?  hehe wink.gif

Well, if we're gunna resort to that level of argument...

nyah nyah boo ta you!!! tongue.gif

tongue.gif yeah... we're mature here.... lol (note: I included myself in that) *Hug*

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Apr 21 2003, 10:37 PM
Post #25

Kiefer > Jason

I was talking with someone who will remain nameless......and they feel that LOD makes them uncomfortable... but they don't really want to say anything bad about him ....... so I just thought I would put this up here for them and leave them anonymous.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 04:02 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!