Reply to this topicStart new topic
> School!, Anticipating?
Kitty
post Aug 19 2004, 03:07 PM
Post #1

Professionally Unprofessional

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 580

I have about another three weeks till school starts and I'm going crazy. 3 months of vacation from school is too much for my poor brain to handle! It needs the exerciiseee.... plus I spent half the previous school year trying to get into a specialty program at a school thats super far away from my house (I'll have to get up at 5:00 instead of 6:30 to catch the bus). And now I'm forced to wait three long months till I get to go to the stupid school! I've been waiting three years! I've wanted to go to the school for threee yeearrssss....

Oh its driving me nuts. I just wanted to know if anyone else is going crazy like I am. Anyone?

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Aug 19 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #2

salad dressing for is unsightly

Group: New Members
Member No.: 755

School started on Monday for me. And someone decided that 7:30 in the morning would be a great time to offer THE ONLY BIOLOGY LAB. I am not amused.

--------------------
I am too busy with all this dust and all these branches weighing on me
Proud member of the RPA--- saving the world,one irrelevancy at a time

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Aug 19 2004, 03:32 PM
Post #3

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I sort of miss school. It starts in a week for me. I'll admit I've been bored of the summer, but I did enjoy the free time. However, waking up early (school starts at 7:20), homework, and dealing with a whole lot of people may not be very fun at all.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Aug 19 2004, 03:39 PM
Post #4

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

My school started on Monday as well. I will say though that the break was far too long and even though I didn't get much time to relax I had way too much time to think and I needed to get back to school. The funny thing is yesterday was my second day back and I already didn't want to go to school.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 19 2004, 03:46 PM
Post #5

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I'm looking foreward to university in about a week and a half. If nothing else, it'll get me out of the house more.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Aug 19 2004, 04:39 PM
Post #6

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

I'm looking forward to university again, only another year and a month to go. I'm doing a work placement year at the moment. It started 3 weeks ago and already I'm missing the slackness of studentdom sad.gif. Even if it will be the third and final and hardest year when I go back its still gotta be better than this. (In otherwords a work placement proved my suspicion that work is bad bad bad and must be avoided at all costs!)

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Aug 19 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #7

Apparently squishy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 763

I moved back to my dorm on Tuesday morning, but my roommate isn't getting here until sometime later this afternoon or early evening, if not tomorrow morning some time. She has to get here pretty soon though since we have our first weekend of band camp this weekend.

Classes start on Monday. Starting at 9:10 for me with Foundations of Education. Good times...I'm ready for it to start back up. Not having to walk to class everyday has made me sort of slothful and addicted to Fritos.

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Aug 19 2004, 06:23 PM
Post #8

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

I have just finished four years at uni and now I'm counting the days until I go back to school!!!! MY first year as a secondary schol teacher starts in two weeks time and I can't wait!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Aug 19 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #9

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

I miss Uni! But I have money now instead of lye in's so it a case of which would I rather sleeping in shool holidays or money, weekend's off and being able to afford to do stuff with that time off so I think I'll go for the job at the moment untill I'm good enough at what I do to become a Uni tutor then I'll get both!!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 19 2004, 08:54 PM
Post #10

Hehe, all of you are older than me. I'm just starting my freshman year. I agree that waking up early and dealing with stupid people (especially since I hate it when guys look at me. Makes me wanna bash their face in with a baseball bat *innocent smile*) and homework and all that cal wont be too fun. BUT ITS HIGHSCHOOL! Freshman year! And I'm going to learn German and get A+ and Cisco certified!!!

But now that you talk about it.... a university sounds like lots of fun too.... hehe

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Aug 19 2004, 09:47 PM
Post #11

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

If I had my way we'd be in school all year long...

I don't want to go back to school, but school=friends, which is a pretty good deal. Like some of the others, I just wanna go back so it'll give me something to do; this summer's been mind numbingly uneventful and depressing. And this year my bus comes at 7:00 and not 6:45, score!

12 more days to read The Brothers Karamazov... I can do it.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Aria
post Aug 20 2004, 01:58 AM
Post #12

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

I start my first year of university on September 7th. God help me, I'm gonna need it.

Just out of curiousity, anyone know how to speak Mandarin and do calculus? I think they're gonna be my two hardest classes.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (acid_rain_child @ Aug 19 2004, 05:47 PM)
12 more days to read The Brothers Karamazov... I can do it.

Thats my attitude!! Except I have three weeks.... hehe.... But I need to write a report. Stupid Great Expectations. How many pages do you have?

QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 19 2004, 09:58 PM)
I start my first year of university on September 7th. God help me, I'm gonna need it.

Just out of curiousity, anyone know how to speak Mandarin and do calculus? I think they're gonna be my two hardest classes.

Good luck tongue.gif I'd help with the math part if I was taking calculus yet.... I'm only in geometry though. Sorreh!

--------------------

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Aug 20 2004, 02:12 AM
Post #14

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

100 more pages to read in this book and annotate about 150 pages in 6 days. Whoopee.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 20 2004, 02:14 AM
Post #15

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Don't worry about high school, K!77y. Looking back, high school was nothing. University is where it's at. Consider the next four years as an ordeal which upon completion, you will be rewarded with the uncomparable university experience.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 20 2004, 02:26 AM
Post #16

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 19 2004, 05:58 PM)

I don't speak Mandarin, but I did somehow manage to get an A in calculus. However, that was 4 years ago, and to this day I'm not really sure how I did it! I promptly forgot everything I ever learned in that class..lol. So that isn't much help to you....sorry. I did the same thing with Physics. I remember a bit from Chemistry...but Physics just...errgghhh.

School doesn't start for me until late September. But when it does, I'll be drawing naked people! ohmy.gif 5 men and 5 women. Not a big deal really...I've just never done it before. I'm also taking a course on Human Sexuality. It's going to be a kinky semester for me, it seems. My other two courses are mathy, so I figured some nudity was in order. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 03:28 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (Righteous @ Aug 19 2004, 10:14 PM)
Don't worry about high school, K!77y. Looking back, high school was nothing. University is where it's at. Consider the next four years as an ordeal which upon completion, you will be rewarded with the uncomparable university experience.

Mmm, but you still gotta get good grades in highschool so you can gooo to a university! Hehe. Plus. I like having super good grades and doing all my work.... except for the annoyance at doing my work.... sometimes.

Stupid required reading.

QUOTE (candice @ Aug 19 2004, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 19 2004, 05:58 PM)

School doesn't start for me until late September. But when it does, I'll be drawing naked people! ohmy.gif 5 men and 5 women. Not a big deal really...I've just never done it before. I'm also taking a course on Human Sexuality. It's going to be a kinky semester for me, it seems. My other two courses are mathy, so I figured some nudity was in order. biggrin.gif

Heh, I was told that drawing naked people isnt that special. "Once you get to collage you wont be giggling about it anymore. Its all just natural"

o.0 I dun think thats entirely true.... *shrug*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 20 2004, 04:32 AM
Post #18

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Heading back to school in a week. It's a full time course that ends in February and is home-study for all but two classes. Meanwhile I'll still be working full time in order to support the luxuries. ( food and rent ) blink.gif
Anticipating that I'll be more than a trifle insane at the end of February. I'll be this workaholic, basement dwelling, antisocial hermit. ph34r.gif laugh.gif
Friends have threatened that they will take steps to prevent this.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #19

*laughs* I guess I should be major glad that I'm 14, living with my parents, and go to free public school....

I would like a job though. Do you like having a job? I guess you just sortah _need_ to have a job

--------------------

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Aug 20 2004, 03:45 PM
Post #20

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

Thats my attitude!! Except I have three weeks.... hehe.... But I need to write a report. Stupid Great Expectations. How many pages do you have?

Some 620... 11 more days. I also have to write 25 dialectical journals...

Okay, I'm soooo not gonna make it.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 08:12 PM
Post #21

Haha! Sure you are! You just need.... to stay.... focused.... and use ALL your time *laughs* Okay.... so maybe not. What grade are you going into? I guess you're older than me arent you? I'm 14, 9th grade.... weewoo

I spent 2 hours or so reading 25 pages in my book. Why do I read so friggin slow??? *annoyed*

--------------------

+Quote Post
markslut
post Aug 20 2004, 09:36 PM
Post #22

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

*works so doesn't get school holidays off*

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Aug 20 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #23

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I start September 13th. I'm going into high school too, so I'm really excited, and really scared. I have to wake up extremely early, like 5 something, or 6 something in the morning, because I have to commute into Manhattan. It's a really good school though. I'd give the link, but the site is under construction.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #24

MANHATTAN?! I envy you. Envy envy. Once its finished can I have the linky?? ^___^ How far from manhattan do you live? I live about 15 miles from my school (seems much farther....)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Aug 20 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #25

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I live about 10-15 miles away. It's hard because there's usually traffic, and the buses from my neighborhood stop only on 5th Avenue. I then have to get on a crosstown bus to Ninth Avenue, and those are some LONG blocks.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 10:23 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!