Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Swear..., On all that is holy...
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 19 2004, 10:27 PM
Post #1

F*cking with the best since 1996

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 962

I'm having one of the worst weeks. Does this happen to anyone else or just me? I'm having a period where absolutely EVERYTHING seems to be going wrong. All the time.

So far, this week -

* My boss is being an absolute git and seems to be making it her lifes mission to make MY life a misery. I have a meeting with her tomorrow, I have no idea why she wants to see me but I have a bad feeling.

* The Sky box blew up and after two phone calls and a visit from the engineer we have to wait for a new box. Have you any idea how bad BBC daytime televison is!!

* Whilst trying to fix my Sky today, the engineer somehow managed to foul up my phone line and I spent most of this afternoon trying to get my land line and my broadband up and running again.

* The kettle blew up today, so we have to boil water on the hob.

* The bloody water's gone off - JUST NOW! (although I'm assured by Wessex Water that it will be running again soon dry.gif that's my dubious face)

* My hairdresser has changed her phone number so I've spent hours trying to track her down through friends to no avail. I have the scrottiest braids you've ever seen.

Okay - looking back, most of that happened today which is probably why I feel like everyone's out to get me and feeling down on my life.

Anyone else got horror stories? Or cookies. Lots of cookies would be good too. sad.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Aug 19 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #2

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

Oh dear. It looks like something has gone horribly wrong and you've ended up in my world. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is try to get absolutely blatted at every opportunity and hope to wake up in the right universe again at some point.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Aug 19 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #3

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

*me gives Snugs lots and lots of cookies* Today I just feel a little sluggish. Your day sucks. =( *hug* Use me to whack the engineer and the water company!

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 20 2004, 02:03 AM
Post #4

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

This is gonna sound really weird, but when a buttload of things happen in a short time like that, write about it. And I don't mean essay type. I mean an actual story regardless of how miniscule what's bothering you is. It makes you laugh at things. I'm serious.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 20 2004, 04:19 AM
Post #5

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

*basket of homemade cookies, with fancy hot chocolate packets as well, handed to Snuggles*

I too have had days, weeks, and even a month like this. Things will get better or we will hunt them down with nerf weaponry and there will be a reckoning!
All the best vibed at you.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Aug 20 2004, 08:32 AM
Post #6

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

*BIG hug* Sounds like you're having a Terrible, Horrible,
No Good, Very Bad week. I'm sorry. It'll get better soon!

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Aug 20 2004, 09:01 AM
Post #7

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

You need many many cookies... and hot water. And a kettle. And someone to do your braids. That would be cool. Also someone to kick your boss in the shins.

I'll see what I can do. ph34r.gif <--- ninja looking for water and kettle and someone to kick shins and braid hair.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 20 2004, 09:40 AM
Post #8

Thanks guys - I feel better after just writing it down. I think I'll just take one thing at a time and see how it goes.

Today - The Evil Boss of Doom.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Aug 20 2004, 02:38 PM
Post #9

My direction

Member No.: 495

Is it too late to comfort? *Huggles and comforts anyway*

*And gives cookies*
*Lots of cookies*

If it makes you feel any better- Braids are awesome, I bet you look fabbity-fab anyway happy.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Aug 20 2004, 04:00 PM
Post #10

<3

Member No.: 806

This is gonna sound really weird, but when a buttload of things happen in a short time like that, write about it. And I don't mean essay type. I mean an actual story regardless of how miniscule what's bothering you is. It makes you laugh at things. I'm serious.

That's definately a good idea. I do the same thing. It really helps. smile.gif *hands Snuggles a box of cookies*

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 20 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #11

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Technically she just did write it down...

Anyhow. 'hope things are improving for you by now!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 20 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I mean like creative writing. The idea it to get it down and have your character, in some form or another, overcome the problem. A lot of it's just goofy stuff that I give up after a page and a half (I write in big letters because I have a semi-gimpy hand). One I actually turned into a screenplay (which actually we will be shooting soon). In any case, if creative writing's your bag, go for it.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 21 2004, 08:10 PM
Post #13

Okay, boss is sorted. Turns out I'm being scuppered by a 'co - worker' (using the term loosly taking into account the crap she's throwing my way) who is giving it the big one and trying to sabotage my position.

However, this now means that I'm spending my saturday evening arranging meter changes for 39 properties rather than going down the pub with all my friends. sad.gif

I'm really going to make this persons life a living hell, though. evil.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Aug 22 2004, 01:27 AM
Post #14

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

I feel your pain man, I had a pretty crappy end of the week myself. *hugs* I hope things look brighter for you in your near future. laugh.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Aug 22 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #15

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 21 2004, 09:10 PM)
I'm really going to make this persons life a living hell, though.  evil.gif

You go Snuggle! You get em good!!!! evil.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Aug 22 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #16

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

oh dear....not much fun, i just got back from my third bike show of the summer....working on a stall, the person who's stall it was (aunty jan to me, but not really an aunt) started off with an awkward plot, which ment rearranging her stall to fit, THEN she got a mild case of carbon monoxide poisening and got carted off by st johns ambulance for about an hour, leaving me in charge THEN she woke up this morning with the worst cold ever....she was a little frazzled at times...poor bugger, but i had a good weekend biggrin.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 26 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #17

Checklist:

Sky - Up and running.
Broadband - Up and running.
Water - Running.
Kettle - New, improved and boiling nicely.
Hairdresser - Tracked down and due a phone call tomorrow.
Work - Still crap but I've made the positive decision to change my job (and perhaps career choice) so I think I can hang in long enough to be able to tell them where to shove it.

Things are lookin up. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Aug 26 2004, 09:15 PM
Post #18

Matazone acolyte

Member No.: 183

Sweet just in time for the meet too wink.gif

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 26 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #19

Sweet just in time for the meet too

Sadly enough - it was all about the hair not looking scrotty for the meet. rolleyes.gif

I can be such a girlie girl at times...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 08:04 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!