IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ongoing Story, ever play theatre sports?
Ashbless
post Aug 20 2004, 04:57 AM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

I start the story and you continue it. Our hero or anti-hero can do or go wherever the imagination takes him. Add in other characters, settings, or eliminate 'em and let's see where this goes.

Once upon a time there was Bob. Bob was a fairly average cat who's paws directed him away from his cushy life in the 'burbs and into adventure. Spying an open car window he lept in and curled up under the seat....

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Aug 20 2004, 10:35 AM
Post #2

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Beeping noises greeted Maria's ears as she started the car. How could there be someone calling her already? "Hello," she spat into her cell phone. Just as she suspected, it was her boss - wanting her to work overtime again. "Fine, fine," she muttered, as she hit the brake at a stoplight. Shoving her cell phone back into her purse, she saw a paw underneath the front seat and screamed...

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 20 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #3

In panic, Marie hits the gas. Rocketing into traffic she slips through a gap without barely a breath on either side and then ducks as her convertable slides neatly under a semi trailer. The officer behind the semi drops his bagel and hits the siren. He pulls a right and starts after the hot red convertable. (earned with hours of evil overtime)
Marie swears to see the cops on her tail. "They'll never catch me" and shoves it into overdrive. Bob holds on for dear life as they tear around corners and down an alleyway.....

--------------------

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Aug 20 2004, 03:33 PM
Post #4

Someday I'll return to the City in the sky

Member No.: 248

Tort marie's strange friend sees her being chased by the cops, so drives his car into theres sending them off the road, Tort, also like the cat doesn't lead a normal life, he often goes on weird and wacky adverntures, wonder what adventures he, bob and marie shall have...

--------------------
Signature now edited for my new forum life

WOOOHOOO i am e-engaged to the beautiful GothicTheySay

my little minion DoRmAnT she will do my bidding and be protected by my faires

my faires are, My cider fairy Pyromissy and my Vodka Imp Pyriem

Woo i got a funky signature thingy

user posted image

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 20 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #5

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Marie, seeing that Tort may be in for some trouble, screechs the car around in a U turn and zooms back to his trashed Scoda.
'Get in' Marie yells, throwing the door open.
Tort jumps in the car, neatly squishing Bob further beneath the seat.
'Where are we going?'
'Mexico' replies Marie with a determined grimace.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Aug 20 2004, 11:33 PM
Post #6

tort replies "woo, i haven't been to mexico since i had to track down that evil meglomanic and stop him from taking over the world!!!"

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
sjbbandgeek
post Aug 21 2004, 12:58 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 618

On the way to TJ, Maria remembers that the cat caused all the comotion, so she sells it to a Yokel in Georgia. At this point Bob vows to spend the next year of his life to hunt down Maria and do evil cat things to her.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 21 2004, 03:43 AM
Post #8

Bob sets out on his act of kitty revenge. However is soon nabbed by animal services and winds up in cat jail. A quick scan reveals his microchip and before the day is finished he's back to the 'burbs and his original family. They are baffled by how far their furball wandered. He for his part decides on hedonism over revenge and sinks back into a life of being decorative.

Tort and Marie stop off for the night at a hotel somewhere along the dark desert highway. In the bar having a few to help them sleep they overhear an interesting bit of talk....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 21 2004, 09:43 PM
Post #9

Two police officers were chatting in the next booth over about a Skoda that was reported stolen a couple of weeks ago and then turned up, just that day in a traffic accident.
'...and apparently, the guy who stole the car is suspected for several disturbing murders occuring in the city recently' finished Bob the Copper.
'Wow' replied Bill
'What I would give to catch a guy like that. I'd take him by the neck an...'
Marie slowly looked back at Tort.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Aug 21 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #10

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

Who was lighting a lighter. He just realized he opened the valve more instead of closing it more when his hair started on fire from the flames. In the confusion, Tort had ran around wildly and before someone could help him, he was dead.

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 22 2004, 07:48 PM
Post #11

The startled officers rushed over to try to aid the flaming Tort. Unfortunately without success. His face, left remarkablely unburnt, is recognized by Bill the Cop.
"Hey, this is our guy!"
Officer Bob draws Marie away from the horrible scene and tries some comfort. Fails in his attempt as he mentions how lucky she is. "How ironic that someone who killed women with fire should die by his own lighter."
Marie is mistaken for a kidnapped potential victim and spends the next month dodging news hawks and sensationalist murder fans. She sells her story, or at any rate a believable story, for a small fortune and books a flight to Europe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Aug 23 2004, 09:24 PM
Post #12

(ooo you evil bints u killed me, and before i could reclaim my good name, and prove that i was framed for the murders, oh well maria will hafta du it)

when Maria gets home, she thinks to herself, thats not like Tort, i've known him all my life and yes he's got into some crazy stuff but never has he murdered any1... i'm gonna hafta find the real killer... so she does the first thing she can think of, gets on the computer and starts searching the net for any clues she can find!!!

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 23 2004, 10:27 PM
Post #13

She started with a simple Google search on Torts name. Apart from the obligatory LiveJournal account and a rather disturbing Pr0n forum that Tort had hosted (who knew he was so... imaginative), she couldn't find anything suspicious about Tort or his movements.

Until she noticed one screen name that kept popping up over and over - almost shadowing Tort.
'Mmmm, TheLostSoul' she mused quietly to herself...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 25 2004, 03:54 PM
Post #14

The morning paper arrives with it's usual cheery news of war, turmoil, and people doing daft things to/with other people. Scanning it over a morning cup of coffee Marie notices an article on a recent fire. The building Tort lived was hit by an arsonist. One death in the fire, a woman named Angela Morrison. Somehow the name rings a bell.
Stopping only to read the newly sindicated LGG cartoon by Mata. Marie's favorite. biggrin.gif
Marie gets back on the net to find that Angela had been one of those posting on Tort's site. In fact more than a few of Tort's supposed victims posted there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 30 2004, 05:10 AM
Post #15

(This post in honour of the late Faye Wray - a canadian actress who screamed her way into the heart of King Kong and many fans)

Angela sat in the midst of her grisly trophies. She'd done it. She'd finally tracked HER down. The one Tort cared for the most. HER name had been all over the papers and now SHE was back in the city.
And so close. Only a couple blocks away.
Angela had faked her dealth to free her LostSoul from the still possibly suspicious police. No one would think of her as the killer if she was dead. Now she was free to track down the last obstacle to Tort's love. As she had systematically gotten rid of all those others.
Tort had dropped Angela. He had told her that she just didn't have any fire in her. The beautiful blonde had mentally snapped.

(Okay now it gets a bit silly tongue.gif )

Bob, the cat in post one, hunted. Slowly stalking bits of flower and bugs in the backyard of his home when he saw it. Something fluttering. He quickly dropped into pouncing mode and started his early warning butt wiggle. With a leap he saw it - a fairy. Excellent. They'd been rare since the English started putting them in cakes. Bob could almost taste it.
The fairy glanced up at him as he pounced. blink.gif Quickly swung it's bag of fairy dust right into Bob's muzzle. In the explosion of magic dust the fairy made his escape from the hungry feline.
Bob sat disappointed. Then suddenly sneezed and grew a foot. A spate of sneezing took him and he swelled to movie monster proportions!
Why, this was great! Instead of one little munchie there were now lots! More than a cat could count. Bob quickly snatched up a couple people for a quick snack producing mass panic in the neighborhood. The munchies all disappeared into the boxes but a clever paw soon pulled one open.
A massive paw broke through the front door and ripped off the front portion of the house. In peered a massive fanged head as Marie desperately phoned for help. With a death grip on the cell phone she ran for the back door, legged it across the yard, and vaulted the fence in one go. The buxom beauty of post two sprinted down the alley.
Bob washed his nose with a thoughful paw to let the prey think it had escaped. The better to extend the fun and then ambled after it, crushing a few cars along the way.
Marie ran a block or so and gasped for breath. Where were those idiot police when you wanted them? She nipped in beside a two storey house out of the monster cats direct line of sight and tried to think of a plan.
Why this was better! thought Bob. The prey had hid in the new box. He hooked a paw second storey window and peeled back the roof. Aha, caught it! A quick lunge and he gently held the screaming Angela in his mouth. A quick game of toss and pounce will be just the thing thought Bob.
A buzzzzzing whine of approaching aircraft distracted him. A cat is not an ape though and one quick bite did for the unfortunate screaming blonde flame wielding maniacal Angela. Bob dropped her dead body back into her nest of incriminating, Tort name clearing evidence and bounced around the block to a clearer spot from which he could better attack the new buzzy toys.
Marie let herself into the house to see to the unfortunate cat victim. She stood in the former study in shock, looking at the montage of her own images with 'Die Witch Die' scrawled across them in red paint.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 30 2004, 09:45 PM
Post #16

(Hehehe - I like it, Ashbless)

'Oh. My. Life.' exclaimed Marie.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Aug 31 2004, 04:26 PM
Post #17

(tort would have been pround... infact he is!!! that wasd completely random so, Torts name got cleared by a big cat... now if we can only fnd someway to bring him back from the dead... i supose if someone does a tribute to dragonball then marie could go looking for the dragon balls to wish Tort back... but i dunno plz someone sumhow bring tort back)

marie collects up the infomation and goes to the police, Torts name is cleared and they put the dead body of angela under arrest and throw her in jail to rot... literally tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 4 2004, 03:19 PM
Post #18

(Guest post by a friend of mine - Da Bear - who sent it via e-mail. It picks up where Marie has discovered the photo mural, the evidence that clears Tort's name and some additional evidence as well.)

Marie swept aside the pictures, and retrieved the file evidence from the bloody mess. Quickly, escaping out the way she came, Marie found refuge inside a parked car inside of her neighbor’s enclosed carport, safe from the prying eyes of the giant vicious hunting kitty, Bob.

In the weak interior light of her newfound safety, Marie read the shocking truth, the evidence that would clear her friend’s name. The evidence was so shocking as to be almost completely unbelievable. The papers bore the letter-head of a research institute in Scotland, the institute where the first studies in cloning technology was performed, and the first experiment with cloning was successfully realized in Dolly the sheep. As absurd as it was, by all indications of this report, it seemed that her friend had been re-Torted, and more than just once.

As Marie continued to read in disbelief, she discovered that, though cloned animals rarely suffered any ill effects, it seemed that intelligent beings had a small personality flaw. It was not that they were evil clones, it was just the fact that the clones could not tolerate the thought of having a duplicate of themselves roaming around the earth, and would stop at nothing to have them eliminated. One Dr. D’Bear, judging by the rate at which dolly the sheep burned to a cinder in the animal crematorium after her demise, also hypothesized that cloned material was highly unstable, and very combustible.

This was it! The evidence that Marie needed to clear Tort’s name! And what was more, she knew that the original Tort had to still be alive… somewhere. But where was he? She obviously would get no answers from the previously flaming re-Tort…

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 4 2004, 03:35 PM
Post #19

Safe at a apartment rented to dodge the news hawks. Marie felt her choic to keep the cloning evidence from the authorities was correct. The police didn't need to deal with it as well. The rampaging giant cat was enough oddness. There was enough with Angela's trophies to easily clear Tort's name.
But this new info. Tort was alive!
Alive and possibly in great danger. Who knew how many cloned Torts there may be stalking each other and the original.
Marie thought about what to do as she dealt with her demolished house. Fly to Scotland to investigate Dr. D'Bear? Get back on the computer to try to find Tort that way? Search Tort's favorite places for clones?

Bob knocked a few buzzy toys out of the sky in a wonderful pounce from ambush. He got one without a stinger, just a round ball on top, and the rest flew out of easy reach. He sat and washed his face.
Oh oh. Furball. Bob coughed up a wad of hair and magic dust onto a fountain depicting the greatness of the city and shrunk! Winding up a very wet, gunk covered, unhappy moggy in the fountain as fighter jets screamed by overhead. He lept out and shook off and slowly trudged away past the burning attack helicopter. He wandered down an alley and into a box to wash off and dry himself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Sep 4 2004, 07:58 PM
Post #20

maria was on the net searching info on Dr. D'Bear and his clones, she figured she needed a way of telling a clone from the orginal without killing it!!! she just found the website when suddenly there was a knock at the door, she turned the screen off, and asnwered the door cautiously... it was TORT!!!

"Tort but how did you..." she started but Tort interuped befor eshe could finish "i saw you at the wreckage, and followed you here... whats this all the papers have been saying about me being a murderer???"

she explains to Tort about Angla and the Re-Torts... and he replies

"ahh i see, so how can we know if i'm the real Tort, well, unless we find another clone and see if i go crazy, or burning me???" maria explains "well i just found this website..." they go to the computer and start looking at the website with information on the cloneing...

(i decided to leave it there, it's up 2 you whether this is the real Tort or not and how to decern if he is a clone mark behind ear or summat, my orginal intention because he was so easily found was that he'd be a clone and gets killed so we can have a nice interesting adverture to find Tort, but it is all up to you on whether you can be arsed tongue.gif )

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Sep 5 2004, 01:44 AM
Post #21

Entomophobic

"Well, it says there's this guy in town who can tell just by looking at your palm," said Maria. "It's kinda risky, a shady business, most likely mafia, but I Really want to know." Maria printed out a map and headed there. "This guy must have all kinds of connections. Cloning is illegal and easily punishable. The cops are REALLY determined to catch these kinds of criminals.. He would need the protection," said Tort. Tort and Maria entered the room. "Ah yes, I have been expecting you," said a dark figure surrounded by "ligitiment " men."But..." Maria started. "It will be $2000, but your LIVES will be the collateral if you don't pay up tomorrow. Unfortunately, we need the money and you WILL be taking the deal." "No! I will..." Maria felt the cold ring of the butt of a gun against her forehead. "You will leave the room so I can concentrate." (Geez, this guy is so conceited!) thought maria. "SILENCE!" shouted the man.

Maria enters the room several hours later. "Yes, this is the real Tort." "You should have known only evil clones would become arsonists," said Tort, almost as if he was anxious to say so.

Maria thinks for a minute... "My god! I don't have that kind of money NOW! I've just been red-flagged by my credit card company!" "You WILL get the money, or be hunted down," said a voice in her head. Maria grabbed Tort and dashed to his car, a nice red Gallardo.And with that, the run from the mafia began.

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Sep 5 2004, 11:33 AM
Post #22

as Tort is used to many adventures he always has a stash sumwhere of useful items, he pulls up next to a dumpster maria looking confused but knows Tort is used to these kinda thngs and probably knows what he is doing, Tort gets out of the car walks over to the dumpster and tapps it twice it then unfolds so reveal a secret compartment filled with shotguns machine guns grenades pistols and various other wepons and survival stuff... Tort picked up a shotgun and threw it at maria she catches it and he puts some essentials into a bag and some grenades and puts a couple of pistols in his pockets and picks up a rocket launcher and a couple of machine guns and puts the launcher the machine guns and the backpack into the boot of the car taps the dumpster again and it folds back up into a dumpster and they drive off...

"where are we heading then???" asked maria

"well i have had to escape the mafia before, last time i managed to do it in a jungle, so i figure we hed for brazil, i made some friends there before this whole cloning bussiness so we should have sumwhere to hifde out..." Tort replied...

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 8 2004, 04:01 PM
Post #23

Tort was having a bad couple days.
He'd just returned to find his apartment building burnt to the ground, his Gallardo and Scoda stolen, reputation in shambles (an arsonist and a murderer? ) and half the people in town believed he was dead. He went to retrieve a safe deposit box key from the fountain hide spot only to find the fountain covered in vile gunk. So he'd ruined his driving gloves, got the key, and then found the box cleaned out. He'd been scratched by a cat he'd stopped to pet. What else could go wrong?
None of the girls on his web site would return his calls and both Angela and Marie's houses had been totalled. There was no sign of either lady.

Someone was going to give Tort an explanation.

His luck was starting to change though. The card he'd stashed before the Belgium job still worked on his account. The cash was still there. Tort changed the password again - there was no use taking chances. Using some of the money he tracked down some weaponry and assorted useful tidbits.
Then lady luck smiled. On heading to check out his weapons stash behind Vine St. he spotted his car. Tort checked out the situation with binoculars.
The guy had Marie! The jerk looked just like him! A haze of red obscured his vision for a moment. The guy must be the arsonist and the killer had Marie!

Someone was going to die. An explanation wasn't enough.

The rat got back in the car and roared off. Tort(2) coldly laid some plans to follow, catch and seriously cause the imposter ( huh.gif ) some pain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Sep 8 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #24

(now i'm damn confused... is the dude i was on about in my one the real tort or is the 1 in your one??? although that test thing did say that mine was the real Tort so i'm gonna go with that notion)

rideing off, tort turns to maria "hey we're being followed, since your riding shotgun hang out the window and blast him would ya..." reluctently she agress and leans out the window takes aim, then sees who is in the car behind them... she gets back in "T..T..Tort it's y...y...you!!!"

"maria don'tcha remember, i'm the real Tort he's the clone... thats why he now mad on killing me!!!" as if to prove Tort's point, right then the back window of the car gets shot thru... "NOW MARIA, NOW!!!"

quickly without hesitating maria leans out of the window again and aims up and Tort(2) and fires...

(ok i'm leaving it up 2 you for the outcome of this biggrin.gif)

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Sep 9 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #25

Entomophobic

Tee-hee-hee-hee. None of you have yet to come up with a better plot complication.

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:42 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!