Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hair Falling Out, I'm fourteen....
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 03:17 PM
Post #1

Professionally Unprofessional

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 580

Recently I've noticed my brush is clogged up with hair in two days, and it normally takes two weeks for it to get so bad o.0 Its kinda scaring me because I dont think my hair is sopposed to fall out like that. My mom says its probally because I'm malnurished and I'm taking vitamins now. But now I'm starting to wonder about my eating habits, I'm about 5'6" and weigh only around 102 pounds.... but I dont think I'm anorexix, I'm just not hungry usually, I eat when I feel hungry so.... I dont know whats wrong. And I dont want my hair to fall out!

I just wanted to know if you think I should eat more or something.... or just stick to taking a Centrum every day

EDIT: I just thought maybe this should go in the issues forum too.... whoops.

This post has been edited by K!77y: Aug 20 2004, 03:19 PM

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Aug 20 2004, 03:49 PM
Post #2

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

Honey, I wish I could donate some fat to you. You're like, stick thin! Go eat a Big Mac or something! tongue.gif

Just teasing, gain weight healthily. You are a bit thin I think. 10 pounds isn't gonna kill you.

Uhm, I went through a time where I would lose clumps of hair at a time too. Thankfully, my hair is very very thick, and it wasn't devastating or anything. But from what my mother said, everyone goes through cycles... there are times when we just lose a lot of hair. I think it's just like your body getting ready to have a little hair-spurt. Though, if it doesn't stop soon, like a couple weeks at the most, you might want to see a doctor.

Oh yeah, PS, I also used to have about boob length hair, I chopped a foot off and since then haven't had any more cycles. It might just be because your hair is so long, from what I remember of your picture.

This post has been edited by acid_rain_child: Aug 20 2004, 03:51 PM

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 20 2004, 03:55 PM
Post #3

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

It could be vitamins. Could be your cycle (like Acid said). Could be your hormones if you're due 'on'. Or maybe you're like a cat and just moult (sp?) in the summer. wink.gif

I wouldn't worry about it too much. My partner loses tons and tons of hair (his is really long) and never seems to run out of it. If it's not coming out in clumps or leaving bald patches (eek!), I think it's probably normal.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 20 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #4

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I shed like mad, personally, as does my little sister. I figure the reason she has so much hair in her brush is because her hair is really long and it's curly so it gets caught in her brush (it's a pain to brush; I lothe it when she asks me to brush it). I don't know how long or curly your hair is, but that could be a factor.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Hmmm.... my hair is pretty straight, just.... fluffy. tongue.gif And its long, about 'boob lenght' as Acid put it *laughs* But it iiisss more hair than I normally loose o.0 It could be a cycle or I could be like a cat and malt. My nickname is Kat, anyway.... I'll try not to worry about it so much, its just sortah strange.... creepy.... I still think it has something to due with my diet, and the fact that I've lost like 7 pounds since summer started.

I blame it on the summer!

Boy am I glad I dont have curly hair @.@

Hehe, thanks for the support tongue.gif

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 20 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #6

Shut up, noob!

Lost seven pounds?

For crying out loud girl, eat something. Here, I'll send you all the food I shouldn't eat and maybe I'll lose a few pounds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 20 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #7

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hey Kat, it could be diet related but more likley it's just a phase that your body is going through. I occasionally have a few months where I lose hair all the time and then it stops for a couple of years. I've no idea why.

Although it wouldn't do any harm to put a little weight on. Have a look around on the web for some advice on gaining weight healthily. I remember a pic of you from a couple of years ago so I know you've always been slender but you've never looked _too_ thin. Try to stabilise your weight loss though, if you keep losing it then there'll be nothing left of you!

*comes out of elder-brother mode*

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 05:27 PM
Post #8

*tackles and huggles Mata* I LOVE YOU!

*cough* *lets go and gives you your space* Heh, but I need an older brother, Mata tongue.gif Mine is all.... like.... work-y and antisocial. Hehh. But yea, I'm going to look for some healty weight gain stuff online, I think I need a few extra pounds.... But now I am starting to think my hairloss is just a phase-ish thing.

Hey Righteous.... What kinda food do you eat? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 20 2004, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

CARBS, MONOUNSATURATED SOYBEAN OIL, CHOCOLATE MILK AND SODA, BABY!

I also eat a lot of fruit and drink a lot of coffee...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #10

*laughs* I'll steal your fruit, chocolate milk and coffee from you ^___^ I ran out of my ultravitamin-y German chocolate milk mix and and we rarely ever get fruit and my dad makes his coffee so its undrinkable =(

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post Aug 20 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #11

Miss Violence Spiderguts

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,030

As people have said, it could be due to a lot of different variables. But I can tell you that I had a pretty severe problem with this about two years ago and I know that it was due to a sudden, unhealthy weight loss. Due to a long bout of illness, I could just barely force myself to eat for a span of weeks and weeks. When it got too severe, my hair started falling out. I think about 40% of it disappeared within a couple of weeks (thankfully I had a lot to begin with so it wasn't weird-looking). Of course, I got better and put the weight back on and my hair started growing back in at a healthy rate.

Don't mean to worry you, just telling you my experience. wink.gif Whether the hair loss is due to low weight or not, it still might be a good idea to try to take in a few more calories a day. Honestly, I'm the same way-- I eat when I'm hungry but that's just not very often.

Hope it's just something simple and natural that will correct itself. smile.gif

--------------------
With the headlights burning
We're looking up for something
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
sjbbandgeek
post Aug 20 2004, 07:40 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 618

102 seems to be a healthy weight for a 14 year old. I'm 14 and I've never weighed more than 103.
And if you've been active over the summer and not just playing video games, than 7 pounds is nothing to worry about.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 07:42 PM
Post #13

*nodnod* Yea, hopefullyyyy.... it will correct itself. But, weather its due to my weight or not I still really need to put on a bit more weight.... I'm not really worried about it or anything, like you, I have tons of hair normally anyway so it doesnt look like my hair is thinned out at all, but I can tell its alot thinner.

Thats gotta be a bit strange to loose 40% of your hair.... I know I havent lost _that_ much....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 20 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #14

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

You should also check the hair that is in your brush to see if a lot of it has a little white bulb on the end. If it does, then yes it is falling out. If not, then your hair is just breaking and all you'll need to do is get a strengthening shampoo.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #15

*nod* Yeah its falling out by the root, its pretty gross.

Heh did I mention my mom is a hair stylist? Yea.... she just doesnt know why my hair is falling out, but its not breaking off, not most of it anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post Aug 20 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #16

Miss Violence Spiderguts

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,030

QUOTE (K!77y @ Aug 20 2004, 03:42 PM)
Thats gotta be a bit strange to loose 40% of your hair.... I know I havent lost _that_ much....

Yeah, it was an extreme case...

--------------------
With the headlights burning
We're looking up for something
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 10:09 PM
Post #17

*nod* What happened? You said you were ill but with what?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Aug 20 2004, 10:16 PM
Post #18

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

My hair falls out, too. My hair is chemically treated, so that might be it. Are you taking or eating anything that might cause an allergic reaction?

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 20 2004, 11:13 PM
Post #19

*shakes head* Nothing different from what I usually eat. Though I recently discovered I might be allergic to caffine o.0 Heh. My hair is majorly chemically treated too but it hasnt done this before....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Aug 21 2004, 01:55 PM
Post #20

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

The best cure is to crack an egg IN your hair and then rub the goo around. It does wonders for your hair.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 21 2004, 04:33 PM
Post #21

Oh OH !! I've done that before!! I made the mistake of taking a hot shower to get it out....

I had scrambled eggs in my hair

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 21 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #22

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (K!77y @ Aug 20 2004, 05:57 PM)
*laughs* I'll steal your fruit, chocolate milk and coffee from you ^___^

No! No more coffee for you! You get absolutely hyper from it if your typing style is anything to go by smile.gif

I felt a bit mean, but I did laugh at the image of scambled eggs in your hair!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 22 2004, 01:02 AM
Post #23

Yea I get pretty hyper from coffee, but I get pretty hyper from being left home alone for too long too. My typing style definately shows if I'm hyper or not

Yea.... I just thought about it.... scrambled eggs in my hair is pretty.... *falls over laughing* hilarious!!!! I cant believe I did that.... wow.... that was a while ago. I wasnt too smart then was I?

That made me laugh.... you laughing and feeling bad.... I'm babysitting right now and needed the laugh. This little guy is giving me trouble. HE WONT PUT HIS PULLUPS ON!.... and now he's upset so I told him I'll leave him be.... and I'll be in the next room. *sigh* /spam

.... scrambled eggs.

This got a bit off topic didnt it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Aug 22 2004, 05:40 AM
Post #24

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

ok so yeah... *is suddenly very happy she spent 6 weeks at a fat camp and was drilled on nutrition* ok so hopefully you know what the food pyramid is... if not... you need to... but basic idea... you need so many servings of diffrent things during a day... and well... there is a low and and a high end... such as grain (carbs) 6-11 6 to lose weight 11 to gain weight... a serving is a peice of bread...4 crackers and a cup of cerial... i would go with 9... so that would be like... so your diest should go along the lines of: avrage bowl of cerial in the morning (aprox 2 cups) and 2 peices of toast, a sandwich for lunch and some pasta for dinner fruits and veggies come next... and the are 3-5 (fruit) and 4-6 (veggies) so adding thos to the diet would be like... a large glass of orange juice or 2 cups... a apple with your sandwich... and a bannana as a bed time snack and veggies would be some babby carrots also with your lunch (aprrox 2 cups so 2 servings) and the sauce one your pasta would be the rest... then we have dairy... which is 2-3 so... a glass of milk at lunch... the cheese in your lunch...and the milk in your cerial... and meat would be 2-3 but because of the fats in the meat i would go with only 2... and if there is meat in your pasta sauce that would be one.. and then the meat on your sandwhich would be the other... (2 slices of meat deli style equil 1 serving) and then fats and since your trying to gain a bit of weight... the butter on your toast would be your one serving of fat... and there is your diet plan... enjoy biggrin.gif

ok so i was re-reading this... and i thought i should make the diet plan for one day a bit more mapped out... so here

breakfast: a bowl of cerial 2 peices of toast with butter and 2 glasses of orange juice (side note your getting carbs from the grain... and that give you energy that will turn into fat if not used... the butter... is a fat... and the orange juice has natural sugars in it which are a simple carb that burn rather fast)

lunch: sandwich... 2 slices of meat and a slice of cheese (tmayo and such if used sparingly wont affect anything... now that doesnt mean glob a bunch on thats like... 1 packet of mayo...) some baby carrots like... a plastic bag full... which you can eat some and then save the rest for the way home from school to nibble on... and a apple and a carton of milk...

dinner: pasta (whatever kind you like) with tomatoe sauce and meat in it... cheese on it (if wanted) and a glass of water... (breadsticks would just put you closer to the 11 on carbs that you are supposed to have.. but since your 14.. you might want to have a small serving of pasta and a breadstick)

bed time: a bannana!

and that isnt to much really... seems like it but give it a try for a few days and see how you feel afterwards... if its to much cut one of the servings off of each section of the pyramid and see how that makes you feel...

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Aug 22 2004, 11:32 AM
Post #25

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

There's a better diet for gaining weight: The Atkinson One

Also you could try my um, "diet":

Breakfast:
Brown Porridge. And plenty of it.

Lunch:
Prunes and Figs on brown bread. And plenty of it.

Dinner:
Plenty of startch and fibre. And laxatives.

Night:
Take your laxatives with a glass of prune juice.

This should "sort" you out.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 10:20 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!