IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Drug Deal Gone Bad, This might be a sign.
Righteous
post Aug 25 2004, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

I was staying at my sister's a few nights ago and went for a walk to get cigarettes. Upon coming back, I met this cat named Kelly. We talked a little and when I mentioned I smoke weed, he said he knew a guy who sold some "really good shit." He said that if I pitch in fifteen bucks, he'd get a twenty bag, roll a few joints and I'd get the rest, Great, I thought. More bang for my buck. We went to a nearby gas station and he went on his way saying he'd be no more than ten minutes. Half an hour later, I was standing there figuratively with my thumb up my ass when one of the " damn niggers" Kelly had warned me about came to me asking for change because he was a dollar short and wanted to get a beer (which he did later buy). I told the guy about Kelly and he said that he had seen him go around a building and buy crack. I Goddamn lost my temper. We later saw the son of a bitch stomping around the gas station cracked out of his skull. I walked up to him and asked, twice, "Where's my shit?" On the second time, he said he didn't know what I was talking about and ran off. I didn't pursue him because I knew I'd put him in the hospital and I didn't want to get arrested again. I walked back to my sisters apartment pissed off and defeated.

At her building, I talked to her neighbor (he was outside smoking), and he related that most guys who smoke weed have been ripped off like that. "At least it wasn't more," he said. Be that as it may, the principle of the matter is that someone screwed me over and regardless of who it was, how much it was and what it was over, it's still wrong.

I don't know. Is this a sign? Was this just a $15 lesson? Was it both? Or was it something else? I don't know. That's why I'm asking you guys.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DarkInferno
post Aug 25 2004, 06:02 PM
Post #2

Serpents hide behind your eyes

Member No.: 346

Personally, I'd find out where he lived and wait till he was sound asleep and put a ball-pane hammer to his skull... buts thats me... and I have been known to be a little extreme at times, and theives are sub-human in my book...

or scratch it off to experiance and don't buy from strangers (specially if they look like crackheads)

--------------------

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.
- Bill Hicks

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 25 2004, 06:07 PM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

I'd say perhaps it's a sign you shouldn't just *give* $15 to someone you hardly know. rolleyes.gif Chalk it up to experience and move on. He deserves your money if you were naive enough to give it to him in the first place...and now you've had a learning experience, so hopefully you won't do that again.

You should really try to be a bit more cautious in the future. Didn't you use to live in a rough neighborhood? That should have made you a little more wary of trusting people like that. What if he'd been an undercover cop instead of a crack addict?

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Aug 25 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #4

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

What if he'd been an undercover cop instead of a crack addict?

That's a good point. Stuff like that happens a lot...

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
ravein
post Aug 25 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

huh.gif ..... I suggest you report him to the better business bureau .. or call your local consumer rights group... oh right you cant cause it was illegal… humm.. then maybe you may want to stick to dealers you know… you know you just can’t buy from anyone.. you are buying an illegal substance from someone you don’t know.. If I where you I would expect to get screwed over from the moment you put the money in his hands..

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Aug 25 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #6

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 240

Ever considered planting some coins near a volcano?

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 25 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #7

Shut up, noob!

Well, Candice, I guess it's just because I've softened up living in a town full of potheads that don't rip eachother off. I should have been cautious, though. I guess I'm the idiot.

I lost my old dealer when some outstanding warrants caught up to him. Now I just buy from my friends when they have some (which isn't often). I am filing this under experience: Know who you're dealing with and see it first.

What does that have to do with anything?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Aug 25 2004, 07:42 PM
Post #8

Matazone acolyte

Member No.: 183

Not that i advocate what you did was right, if fact it was a Class 1 thicko thing to do. But you should know to always stick to your dealer for this, not trust some gimp in the street. I think it was a lesson learn from it or next time you could get busted.

Damn you posted dealer stuff as i posted mine, find a new one thats the best thing.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Aug 25 2004, 07:54 PM
Post #9

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Although I'm not really happy about you wanting to smoke weed, I'm not mad either. Just becareful about it if you're going to do it. Oh yeah, and never trust random guys in a city on a street corner. You don't have to be a new yorker (yeah, I know - damn yanks) to know that.

Anyways, I'm sorry hun - I would've been really mad at the guy too. But next time, it'd be safer to stick to your friends --- plus I don't think your friends would sell you a bad bag. smile.gif Glad you didn't chase down and kill the guy though.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Aug 25 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #10

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 240

QUOTE (Righteous @ Aug 25 2004, 03:39 PM)

What does that have to do with anything?

That's how you grow money trees, duh.

+Quote Post
TehRoxxorCOD
post Aug 25 2004, 08:01 PM
Post #11

Inside Your Mind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,251

I think it's a bad idea to smoke anything in the first place. I know that weed does not lead to brain damage (permanent damage that is), but it contains over twice as much tar as cigarettes... but if you want to kill yourself slowly and painfully (how painfully? Can you say "emphysema?") it's your choice. I suggest, however, that you give up drugs altogether and apply for a master's degree in botany. Don't ask why.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Aug 26 2004, 02:18 AM
Post #12

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Well, roxxor... From my personal experience of those who I know that smoke marijuana (myself included) don't smoke marijuana as much as a person that smokes tobacco would. Not to mention you can't just go take pot breaks if you're at work or something.

In that case the ammount of tar in it is irrelevent because the lungs repair themselves if you take breaks from smoking. That and I don't find marijuana (or anything else for that matter) addicting. Maybe I just have a strong will? I don't feel a need for any of the drugs that I have done/do. I could quit right now, all of them, and not desire it.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 26 2004, 02:31 AM
Post #13

Shut up, noob!

Yeah, I'd sooner die from my Camel lights than I would my hash. ANd I have cut back significantly since my dealer fled the state.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Aug 26 2004, 02:40 AM
Post #14

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

I agree with Roxxor.... drugs are bad. I'm always suprised when I hear of people doing drugs, I've always been taught not to do drugs because its not really that great, and a waste of part of your life. So maybe you should stop.... I'd like it if you would, even though I dont know you. If you wont stop though, then just be careful with people, I never trust people too much untill I know them better.... You should take into consideration where you let your money go, 15 dollars can buy alot sometimes, if you're spending it on weed, or spending it on _trying_ to get weed, you might be harming youself in more ways than one.

Anyway.... enough with my rant.

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
oxym0ronical
post Aug 26 2004, 05:46 AM
Post #15

badfish

Member No.: 139

I have a very hard time feeling sorry for you. It's illegal (way to state the obvious, I know), it's not exactly a great example to set, and it was completely avoidable on your end to begin with. I don't condone drug use for starters, but I do have friends who use and I know how careful they are with their deals, and with the fact that they use at all.

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Aug 26 2004, 05:49 AM
Post #16

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

I'm not going to go on about how doing drugs is, well, whatever, because I know far too many who do drugs and are just fine people. I also know some potheads who I'd like to throttle, but that's besides the point... tongue.gif

All I'm going to say is... it was an illegal activity... and you got ripped off.

Put two and two together, and I'm sure you'll find you're really not surprised with the outcome.

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Aug 26 2004, 09:48 AM
Post #17

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

Kinda ironic if you ask me. Not so "Righteous" now are we.

To put it simply, joo got pwnzed.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Aug 26 2004, 12:13 PM
Post #18

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Aug 26 2004, 02:18 AM)
I could quit right now, all of them, and not desire it.

...I can give it up any time I like tongue.gif

And yeah... Ri... You did something stupid and paid the price. Deal with it.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Aug 26 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #19

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

On the idea that it could've been a cop, I'm pretty sure undercover cops can't go up to someone and say, "Do you want some of this [drug of choice] I got here? Good shit." (They will invariably and ALWAYS say it's good s***, btw, it's just how they dealers work, you should know that by now, Ri. It could've been total crap) I think in order for them to make an arrest, you have to just go up to them, assuming they're a dealer, and then buy off of them.

Okay, and it's really none of my business about your personal life like this, but didn't you just go through rehab or withdrawal or something? Is it really in your best interest to do this kind of thing? Even if he was legit and bought you your herb, it's SOOOOO dangerous to buy off of people off the street, people you barely know. I mean, you really have no f'ing clue what they might mix in there, let alone just ripping you off. I don't want to sound like those anti-drug commercials with the "Marijuana these days is almost never 100% pure" crap, but I think it's probably true... at least with street dealers, or even people who are willing to sell to anyone. I'd be afraid to buy from someone who didn't know me but was willing to deal to me, because they can't trust me, I can't trust them or their product, and some pretty bad s*** is probably going on with this person if they're desperate enough to sell to a random person. What you did was dangerous, but maybe it was better you didn't get the pot in the end, cause you never know what could've happened if it were laced and whatnot. Shame on you, but maybe you learned your lesson.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Aug 27 2004, 01:50 AM
Post #20

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (Mutilation @ Aug 26 2004, 04:48 AM)

Okay, I really don't want to perpetuate this because you cats are basically saying what I already have, but Mutilation, what the Hell are you talking about it? Are you on acid or something? First of all, my name is supposed to be ironic (Romans 3:10, "There is no one that is righteeous, not even one.") Second of all, that has nothing to do with anything.

God damn. Forget it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Aug 27 2004, 02:11 AM
Post #21

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

QUOTE (Righteous @ Aug 27 2004, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (Mutilation @ Aug 26 2004, 04:48 AM)

Okay, I really don't want to perpetuate this because you cats are basically saying what I already have, but Mutilation, what the Hell are you talking about it? Are you on acid or something? First of all, my name is supposed to be ironic (Romans 3:10, "There is no one that is righteeous, not even one.") Second of all, that has nothing to do with anything.

God damn. Forget it.

Perhaps Mutilation hasn't realized what you've made abundantly clear.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Aug 27 2004, 02:41 AM
Post #22

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Aug 26 2004, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Aug 26 2004, 02:18 AM)
I could quit right now, all of them, and not desire it.

...I can give it up any time I like tongue.gif

I haven't smoked or drank in a few months and I could honestly care less.

I could just refuse it, but I don't because I enjoy the feeling every now and then. I honestly don't like drinking and I don't think that's going to happen again soon, if ever.

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Aug 27 2004, 03:36 AM
Post #23

<3

Member No.: 806

I've never understood what people saw in smoking weed and doing other drugs. It just does more damage in the end, so why do it? =\

What I was going to say has pretty much already been said. After reading what acid rain child said, I'm damn glad you didn't end up getting that weed in the end.

cause you never know what could've happened if it were laced and whatnot.

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Aug 27 2004, 05:14 AM
Post #24

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

At the request of Righteous, I'm locking this thread.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 02:50 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!