2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calling Man In Pink Shirt, 4 jodie
calling man in p...
post Aug 30 2004, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,260

hello jodie if you r going 2 b reading this it is us 4rm your mothers 50th birthday! biggrin.gif we tried 2 vote 4 u but came across gr8 difficulty whist doing so, therefore decided 2 dedicate a message 2 u. we r not stalking u, we lead sad and pointless lives, along with every1 else on this message board. No offence, but it really is sad. We are only doing this to say howdy to our new friend hu is on shoot the writers, so we now love it! we will be treasuring your autographs 4eva so much that we may even frame them. we r not on crack jo as we hav already had 2 explian this point before. even bob the receptionist 4ort we were, we were jst merry. we will b tuning in on thursday 2 c u in your full acting glory, hope u r actually on it or this is pointless n u lied n we're tlking 2 anyone hus reading this. sum final notes 4 u jodie:
1.we r not on crack
2.we r not stalking u (u no this as we r not tenting in your garden) ph34r.gif
3.we jst wanted 2 say howdy

this is the end of our devotion 2 u, our pink shirted friend!
your dearest n gr8st fans frm the village hotel. COVENTRY. wink.gif

--------------------
I love Jodie the one and only Man In Pink Shirt!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Aug 30 2004, 08:46 PM
Post #2

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,102

*cough*

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Pab
post Sep 2 2004, 02:44 PM
Post #3

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

I'm bumping this cos this person must have spent HOURS trying to save time by avoiding spelling words in this way ... I want to know who Jodie is so we can convert them into a prize for the Stylr Association ... like the Oscar and so on ...

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
calling man in p...
post Sep 2 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #4

shut your pie hole Pab. Hav u neva heard of txt language? I fink nt u little freak. This was an ode 2 Jodie nt 2 Pab so go away. Make a mental note: txt language is quicker + time efficient. We hav lives + cant afford 2 waste r valuable tym makin ful wrds, u little genda benda. tongue.gif U can neva no the ful wunda of Jodie + u neva wil as he does nt like little homosexuals. if you wernt a complete freak wiv no frends + had a fone 2 txt these "frends" u wud no how 2 corectly shrten wrds.
Wots this pisch award u r promotin? We dnt wnt it so go away + make your pathetic jks elsware. Gudbye gud luk wiv the sex change mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Sep 2 2004, 05:08 PM
Post #5

Matazone acolyte

Member No.: 183

Is this guy promoting phones, or the fact that he knows someone called Jodie?. Someone explain please!!!.

As for calling Pab a freak well, Pab has a hell of alot more friends here than you for that stupid comment.

+Quote Post
calling man in p...
post Sep 2 2004, 05:45 PM
Post #6

Go away. This is our topic + we dnt want u in it, so go away. Pab is a freak + i like the fact that u didnt say pab wasnt a gender bender or a homosexual, so much 4 your friendship. We dnt need friends, especially not of Pabs variety, so go away. We are not promoting phones, we were abusing Pab as have we have previuosly stated pab is a GENDER BENDER!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Sep 2 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #7

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Considering we seem to be big fans of net lingo here, I have a phrase specifically for this thread:

wtf.

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Sep 2 2004, 06:09 PM
Post #8

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

I'd laugh if this wasn't so stupid. But since it is.....

If your life is so busy that you have to use text speak to save at most 10 seconds, then what the hell are you talking to *us*, who you don't even know? Why're you responding to Pab, or even leaving a message for some friend of yours in this forum, when you have *so* much stuff to do with your life? rolleyes.gif

Seriously, the amount of time you save by typing in text speak is as noticible as the amount of oxygen you save if you hold your breath for an extra few seconds.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 2 2004, 06:13 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 466

Hello, whoever you are! Welcome to our forum. Some of us are gender-benders and/or homosexuals, as far as I know Pab is neither. My name here is CommieBastard, I am what we call a mod. This means I tell you whether or not you can do a particular thing, and this thread is an excellent example of things you cannot do. Allow me to clarify:

1) Text-speak. It is not allowed, certainly not in such abundance, please do not do it here. It really doesn't take that much time to type out words.
2) Homophobic insults. I hardly think I need to qualify this.
3) Telling people they can't come into your thread. They most certainly can, it is a thread on a public message board, anybody may post here.

Play nicely, and hopefully we won't have to kick you out.

Love and kisses,
CommieBastard.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
calling man in p...
post Sep 2 2004, 06:17 PM
Post #10

Well exsqueeze us, u can talk your a gerbil from hell! We have gone from sayin hello 2 r friend, 2 not b in aloud 2 breathe. I read some where on this website that u all hav no sense of humour, they wer rite, especially u gerbil. This place is entitled DAFT not extremely serious + boring. Calm your self down, @ least we live outside of a cage + dnt have 2 piss on sawdust. Its a free country + we will breathe if we want + we will type wot we want + nothing u can say will stop us. So pisch off + go back 2 hell!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 2 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #11

It may be a free country, but it is not a free message board. It is privately owned and as such you will obey the rules when you are here.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
calling man in p...
post Sep 2 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #12

Sorry commie bastard. We will retract the earlier comments we made. But that's only so we dont get kicked out, we really do think this about the afformentioned people. Why are we not allowed 2 shorten words? You are lying 2 us that's not in the rules, is it????

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 2 2004, 06:23 PM
Post #13

Text-speak is strongly discouraged, both by the owner/operator and by general consensus of the boards. Anyone using it is asked to stop as a matter of policy. The rules are here, please read them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Sep 2 2004, 06:27 PM
Post #14

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

One word:

Perma-ban.

Please? Please? Please?

Seriously, the forums will be a better place. This is obviously a NOOB who doesn't understand the principals of MODERATORS, FLAMES and NOT BEING A [/color]CRAP FOR BRAINS RETARD. [color=red]How about the principal of "not swearing", eh? --Commie.

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Sep 2 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #15

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 240

To the untactful creator of this thread: Text speak may be faster to type (which I doubt, I think it's just a way for people too lazy to learn how to actually type) it takes a bit longer to read than normal words. Mostly because we have to decipher what many of the words actually are, and also because it tends to use symbols, which generally assume to mean something else, the actual meaning. Such as you '+'s, every time I ran accrossed one of those while reading your giberish I was forced to double back and think, oh that was supposed to be 'and'.

Earlier I called you untactful, this was because you were very upfront, rude, and insulting. Also you seem to be a little affixed on homosexuality and related topics, which to me makes homosexuality seem like something you are afraid of. This is likely an unbased opinion you picked up from society. You may want to consider rethinking your life and discover your actual feelings on such matters and the reasoning for them, then at least people would be more likely to even consider your opinion or any points you make.

+Quote Post
Pab
post Sep 2 2004, 07:56 PM
Post #16

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

*gives Pinky a big wet girly kiss on the bottom*

Pinky ... babe ... love .... the award would be a trophy given by the Stylr association (that's Stop Typing Like Retards) to the person who most breaks this premise. IF you don't have a valid excuse for typing like this (and there is only one valid excuse, self-contained in the name of the association) then (and that's 'IF' remember) you _shall_ be shortlisted. Duplicating the initial post indicates that either everything is fine, and you are legitimately qualified to type like a retard, OR, at 3 to 1, that you shall indeed be our best contender yet for the prize. The prize, btw, is a Jodie statue, and to have your thumbs stapled to the palms of your hand, and to recieve a module added to your mobile phone that reads back the correct spelling of every word with the voice of Julian Clary.

Your taste in shirts, however, troubles me ... but never mind that.

So who's this Jodie person? Did you just type in 'forum UK' and assume this is the only one, or is it somebody who posts on here?

Oh ... and didnt we have sex last year?

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Sep 2 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #17

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

I've not put restrictions on the language you can use in posts

So now you have to edit things even though we are allowed say them?

Your very name could be seen as offensive, but your not forced to be called CommieArsebuckets.

+Quote Post
The Tortured Sou...
post Sep 2 2004, 08:30 PM
Post #18

Someday I'll return to the City in the sky

Member No.: 248

LoL pab... i can sumtimes be accused of shortening words (see earlier in sentence) but not to the point where it is unreadable which i guess is why no1 has ever complained... altho i have steared clear from the STyLR assoication coz technically i don't follow the rules, coz but yeah...

and as for this pink shirt wearing person, with the number of gays/bisexuals/lesbians on this forum i really think he's a bit of a dumbass, coz we are all very open about our sexuality here, coz there is no pre-justice, apart from Retards like him...

well i'm bi so come over here and take it like a man big boy tongue.gif biggrin.gif

*walks off mumbling something about dumbass homophobes*

--------------------
Signature now edited for my new forum life

WOOOHOOO i am e-engaged to the beautiful GothicTheySay

my little minion DoRmAnT she will do my bidding and be protected by my faires

my faires are, My cider fairy Pyromissy and my Vodka Imp Pyriem

Woo i got a funky signature thingy

user posted image

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Sep 2 2004, 08:34 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 374

QUOTE (Mutilation @ Sep 2 2004, 03:28 PM)

Your very name could be seen as offensive, but your not forced to be called CommieArsebuckets.

But there's already been a discussion on the use of curse words and the f-bomb is a serious nono.

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Sep 2 2004, 08:47 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 15

"So now you have to edit things even though we are allowed say them?"

Thread on swearing and text speak.

By the way, I haven't seen anyone get offended by or seen a mod edit the word 'bastard'.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 2 2004, 09:07 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Mutilation @ Sep 2 2004, 09:28 PM)

By this, dearest Mutilation, Mata means he hasn't set the board software to censor out certain words. It has already been established, many, many times, that swearing on the boards is prohibited. Feel free, however, to take it up with the Man himself if you have a problem with the way I've conducted myself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
calling man in p...
post Sep 2 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #22

We are not homophobic or have any problems with gay people, my own brother is gay, it is just a joke phrase we often use, which we obviously now realise is not appreciated so we will stop. We also would be delighted to recieve Pab's award, it would be a great honour to have our thumbs stapled to the palms of our hands.
Jodie used to type here we think, but he obviously doesn't now.
Note the lack of us shortening any words whatsoever, we wouldn't want to break the sacred rules. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 2 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #23

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Why do you refer to yourself in the third-person plural? Are you the queen mother or something?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 2 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #24

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

So that I don't end up re-treading old ground, here's a summary of things about this forum that might be relevant to this thread:

1. I really dislike txtspk, principally because I consider it to be harder for everyone else to read than words that are written with approximate accuracy to standard English, but secondarily because I think it inhibits people's choice of words. When people no longer use the most accurate word for things I think this restricts the way that they think and experience the world, e.g. the band's performance was gr8, the band's performance was incandescent.

There is also the point made by many people who have emailed me with txtspk jargon after I have requested that they try to write to me in correct English; using text speak for too long makes it harder to write in full English when you need to. This can only lead to great difficulty in life when people need to write to bank managers, or even write essays for school. Many of the people on these forums are still in education and I would never want to think that I had partial responsibility should they have trouble with their writing style due to neglecting to encourage correct use of English.

2. You can argue all you want with point 1, but I run this place. I pay for the server it sits on, and so while this does remain a democracy in many aspects eventually what I say goes.

3. Swearing: I've gone over this many times. Essentially the rule is about the intention of use. I have extremely limited language filters on this site because I want people to be able to express themselves in a way that is justified by a situation, and sometimes a situation justifies swearing, most of the time it does not. Other times I want people to be self-censoring. Yep, this place is basically democratic, and I believe that to give people any feeling of responsibility towards their environment you also need to give them power. People can type almost anything that they want. If they type things that break the rules then they will get punished, and eventually thrown out, but people have the freedom to do this. I’ve been asked why I allow this, and the answer is not simple, but I think it comes from the point that I want people to communicate here in a mutually respectful manner towards other people in the community because they want to, not because there are mods around to punish them if they don’t.

'Bastard' is a mild swear-word, and so falls into the arena of contextual decisions. I made a choice when Commie joined the forums to allow the word in his username because of the ironic tone of the name. If he, or anyone else, were to be constantly calling other people 'bastard' with the intention of causing offence then I would take action on that. He does not, he chose the name himself, and so I made a choice to allow it. There are other usernames that I have edited in the past because I didn't feel that there was a suitable justification for swearing in the names. If there is any problem with this process, see point 2.

4. Homophobic name calling: Just don't bother with it. If I felt there was true serious intent then that would have been a booting offence, as it was, it was an early post and you perhaps were not fully cognisant of the rules against this. I have no idea why, but there is a very large contingent of non-heterosexual people on these forums. We do have a sense of humour, but we are also quite used to people using descriptions of our sexuality as a way of name calling. Around here we don't have to put up with that because... See point 2.

The mods for this forum range between hetero/bi/homosexual, so we've got a team that is pretty aware of this kind of thing. We also have members who range in various degrees of the trans communities. Cheers for the apology CMIPS, I realise most people don't think twice about saying this kind of thing, but it's easy for ironic-homophobic comments to be misunderstood on the web, especially when you are a new member of a community that is not aware of your writing style. Again, this is a good reason for using correct English, because it leaves less ambiguity in the intention of words, so offence is less likely to be taken when not intended.

Personally I'm not that taken with the term 'retards' either, but I'm hoping that everyone understands that this is also meant ironically (and it does make for a rather swish acronym).

5. Sacred rules? Damn right, around here what I say goes, see point 2! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 2 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #25

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

*head*
*hit*
*keyboard*

Ohmygoodgollygod.

Ouch. Just... ouch. Can someone take a look at my ear? I think my brain is leaking out. Or running away... I haven't figured it out yet.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 03:02 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!