IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fast Food Joints, What're your favorites?
Righteous
post Sep 6 2004, 07:33 AM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

Fast food places are abound and no matter how much we may deny it, we are all guilty of imbibing a greasy burger or soggy fries or some kind of fatty breakfast food from one of these places. So while we're all filling our bodies with less-than-healthy foods, why don't we discuss our favorites?

There are all kinds of fast food places each with their own gimmicks and kids' meals. There are the standard McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and other staples but we also have places like Jack-In-The-Box, White Castle, Krystals and Chick-Fil-A. I'm sure there are more in the world, so which of them are your favorites?

My personal favorite is Chik-Fil-A. The place is very high quality compared to any other place I've eaten at. The menu isn't extensive, afterall it is CHIK-Fil-A. Their sandwiches are spectacular and their breakfast menu is exquisite. Their ice cream rules and they have some damn good lemonade and sweet tea (there's no such thing as "iced tea" in the south; it's either sweet or un-sweet). And they have cheesecake. What fast food joint has cheesecake?

I'm getting hungry. Too bad Chik-Fil-A doesn't open for another two and a half hours.

So what fast food joints do you guys like? Or do you? Are there those of you out there who still like real food? Or are there those out there dead-set on clogging their arteries with cheap, easily-processed food?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SPEAKERfortheLOS...
post Sep 6 2004, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Transdimensional Traveler

Member No.: 1,244

TACO BELL! TACO BELL! TACO BELL! TACO BELL! TACO BELL! TACO BELL! TACO BELL! TACO BELL! TACO BELL! TACO BELL! TACO BELL!

The bell will rule all other fast food places, specially if you've seen demolition man. that awesome movie proves my point... i think...

Conform
Consume
Obey

--------------------
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Jack of all trades, master of none,
though offtimes better than master of one.

Carpe Noctem, pro cras nos necemus
Carpe Diem, pro hodie nos mutiamo

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Sep 6 2004, 03:27 PM
Post #3

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

We have the amazing Sammy Joe's, basically one of the many of the many Chicken places we have down (along with KFC, Chicken Cottage, Maryland Chicken etc.).

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 6 2004, 03:34 PM
Post #4

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

On the whole I very rarely go to fast food places and those I do go to aren't any of the bigger known ones (seeing as I live in the arse end of nowhere).

There's a rather good place in the centre of Chippenham that does a banging kebab. I'll usually end up there at the end of an evening.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Sep 6 2004, 03:51 PM
Post #5

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I'm on strike from the lot of them until somebody comes up with a decent veggie person meal. Veggies cannot live on, er, salad alone.

That said, Panera Bread gets my vote. They're like a franchised cafe (soups, salads, and cafe-style sandwiches), but the food comes almost immediately, so it counts. Panera has lots of veggie person food, really terrific bread, and you can get decent caffeinated beverages. And bakery stuff. Like muffins! Yay for muffins.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 6 2004, 03:54 PM
Post #6

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I'm on strike from the lot of them until somebody comes up with a decent veggie person meal. Veggies cannot live on, er, salad alone.

I agree. I haven't been vegetarian for many years but I still enjoy a decent veggie burger or similiar - doesn't help that I'm not a huge chicken or beef fan.

The only one that even makes an effort, I find, is Burger King. Their Spicy Bean Burgers are lovely.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 6 2004, 03:59 PM
Post #7

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

The only one that even makes an effort, I find, is Burger King. Their Spicy Bean Burgers are lovely.

*drools*

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 6 2004, 04:04 PM
Post #8

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Heh heh heh... joints.

Ahem... back to the subject at hand.

I'm quite partial (being a large and fairly normal man) to things that were once living. Cows... they're what's for dinner. And chickens. And pigs. The list goes on. That said, I'm quite partial to Burger King, Subway, Taco Bell, Poppa John's and Pizza Hut. Ooo! And Popeye's!

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 6 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

I don't see Subway, Papa John's or Pizza Hut as being fast food joints (yes, I know it's funny), Mick.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 6 2004, 04:19 PM
Post #10

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Established chains that give you food on command? I think that they are (even if not grease pits, which actually are quite lovely in their own ight.) Oooo! I thought of another one! Starbucks! Yes, I know it's the embodiment of the evils of capitialistic yuppies, but DAMN they make a tasty coffee or coffee related product.

And now that I think about it, Dairy Queen is pretty good too. Not only do they have blizzards, but they also have fried mushrooms which are near impossible to find at a fast food joint (heh heh heh). And Arby's! They have some good stuff.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Sep 6 2004, 04:27 PM
Post #11

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Big chains change what they serve according to region. Apparantly not enough people where I live appreciate a spicy bean burger. Then again, I live in the Land of Many Diners, where it is all but impossible to make them serve you something without meat in it (silly Greeks). Oh, well. I wait in, er, cheerful expectation of the day when they offer a bean burger option by me. ^^

Established chains that give you food on command?

Well, the point of food-serving places is that it's on command, isn't it? Just maybe? Heh.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
tptcow
post Sep 6 2004, 04:31 PM
Post #12

Savior on the Blood Church St. Petersburg, Russia

Member No.: 978

Chic-fil-a
Taco Bell -both on campus
Rally's
Arby's
Sonic

I would say that is about it. Keep in mind I don't eat at these everyday, maybe a few times a month.

--------------------
Western Kentucky University
Facebook
Xanga
Formerly: Trumpetperson

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 6 2004, 04:40 PM
Post #13

Shut up, noob!

Starbuck's? That's a stretch. DQ I get. Half of So-Fail works there (and the other half used to) so I know how it works. But Starbucks?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Sep 6 2004, 04:56 PM
Post #14

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

Well, Pizza Hut is really a resturant, that just sells pizzas. But subway is fast food because it's food, and it's so fast it takes a matter of seconds to make it (you pick what you want as you go along).

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Sep 6 2004, 06:22 PM
Post #15

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I know a Starbuck's that has a drive-up window. So yes, they count. tongue.gif

Ew ew ew ew ew Taco Bell. Arby's is nice though. McDonald's is okay. Pizza in general is good. Portillo's/Barnelli's is godly.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 6 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #16

Shut up, noob!

This is off-topic, but around here, liquor stores have drive-up windows. I'm not joking.

And I wouldn't consider Taco Hell fast food. More like fast poisoning. We don't call it Toxic Smell for nothing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Sep 6 2004, 07:29 PM
Post #17

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 644

I'm partial to Wendy's spicey chicken filet. And their frosty.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Sep 6 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #18

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Frosties! Yay! I order the same thing every time at Wendy's - plain grilled chicken sandwich, small fry, medium frosty. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Sep 6 2004, 11:25 PM
Post #19

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I love Taco Bell. But, they closed the one near my house...evil, evil people.

I also like McDonald's..so accessible..so tasty. And what's a Chick-fil-a?

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 6 2004, 11:36 PM
Post #20

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

I tend to avoid most fast food.

My hubby worked at Taco Bell during high school. The managers told them to ignore mold on the flat bread and the tomatoes that were going rotten. But, it *was* very busy (downtown Manhattan). I worked at McDonald's for 2 weeks while I lived in NYC as well. Ew. That's all I have to say. Ew.

I tend to go more for ice cream (Dairy Queen) or pizza (Pizza Hut). Both places here are employed almost entirely by people I know and trust to not poison me with their bodily fluids or anything.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 7 2004, 03:57 AM
Post #21

Shut up, noob!

The Pizza Hut here, however, is populated by cats I was adverse to in hich school so the guys and I go only when we don't see certain people's cars in the parking lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jicama
post Sep 7 2004, 05:18 AM
Post #22

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Group: New Members
Member No.: 46

i'm quite fond of sonic, but alas, it does not exist in saskatchewan. taco time is tastey (canadian version of taco bell). dq and a&w are good too. does tim horton's count as fast food? they do have a soup/sandwich menu and a drive through...

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 7 2004, 06:21 AM
Post #23

Shut up, noob!

Well, from what I've gathered, Tim Horton's is similar to Starbucks, but I don't see Starbucks as fast food.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Sep 7 2004, 06:36 AM
Post #24

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

QUOTE (Righteous @ Sep 7 2004, 12:21 AM)
Well, from what I've gathered, Tim Horton's is similar to Starbucks, but I don't see Starbucks as fast food.

Tim Horton's is not really like Starbucks... it's got donuts and bagels and soups and sandwiches and coffee, but not speciality coffee. It's more of a coffee or donut shop type thing, but it's franchised to the point that there's a Tim Horton's in our student union central building place, alongside the pita place, the A&W, and the cookie shop.

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 7 2004, 11:17 AM
Post #25

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

I was going to go for Mc Donalds, cos their veggie burgers used to be really nice. But now they seem to have been replaced with horrible quorn burgers which look/taste like fake meat that's been left out in the rain for a few hours.

On lieu of the above my vote goes to Burger King for the lovely spicy bean burger (as mentioned above smile.gif ).

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:25 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!