IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aries Shall Hence Be Smitten, You know you want it...
Prince Aries
post Sep 7 2004, 05:52 PM
Post #1

Ai Ravana-hime

Group: New Members
Member No.: 421

First off, just let me say......sorry. I know I promised to return a lot quicker this time but...things have not quite worked out exactly as I might have wanted them too. But here's a small update on me.

Two days after moving I was pulled over by a local cop for having a loud car or something. Well he noticed that my license was suspended and I had no insurance. So instead of hauling me off to jail like he was supposed to, he took my license, gave me ungodly amounts of fines and a court date. Thankfully the court date went well and I have a happy payment plan to pay these things off.

Because of the loss of my license I was no longer able to drive so I also lost my job at Nordstrom's because of that. It took me a few weeks to get another job, this time at Mcdonald's...which I never went to because I had to be there at 4:30 am and I had to walk 40 some minutes to get there. Soooo...I'm still unemployed...both my significant otra and myself are. So the money situation...not so hot.

I've been missing you guys severely, you have *NO* idea. *sniffles* But, I'm playing my cards right and I think I might be able to get internet darn soon. I'm at the public library today with Ratt. Teh win, if ever I heard one.

So Aries sends out loves and kissies and missies and all sorts of other plural cutesy words that induce bile your way. Ta for now, and I hope to see you all soon.

~Aries Grand Mastah Pimp Trash

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 7 2004, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

Aww. I'll keep you in my prayers, Aries. You are lovéd. Never forget that.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Sep 7 2004, 06:47 PM
Post #3

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

You have The Worst Luck of anyone I have ever met.

Glad to see you're alive, dear.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 7 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #4

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

My God. The Aries, he is alive.

Tough to hear about you losing yet another job, dude. Hang in there smile.gif

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Sep 7 2004, 07:25 PM
Post #5

word

Member No.: 359

that sux

maybe some day that cop will trip on a really...really big rock! mad.gif

well glad to see your still there biggrin.gif

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 7 2004, 09:23 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Blim, that's not a good load you're bearing (driving while suspended was a tad silly, but I can see why you did if you needed it for your job). 'Hope things turn around for you soon.

America seems to be a very spread out place, it's no wonder everyone and their dog seems to be able to drive. I'd say that probably less than half of my friends in the UK can drive. I've thought about it, but I really don't have any need.

Anyway, good luck with finding something that's good and close to you! Come back soon! I had been wondering where you'd vanished off to.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Sep 7 2004, 10:24 PM
Post #7

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

Jeepers Cripes!

As Missy said, Teh Wrost Luck Evar. I really hope something works out for you and the boy toy.

Hurry back Aries! We miss you.

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Sep 8 2004, 09:11 AM
Post #8

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 7 2004, 02:23 PM)
America seems to be a very spread out place, it's no wonder everyone and their dog seems to be able to drive. I'd say that probably less than half of my friends in the UK can drive. I've thought about it, but I really don't have any need.

Nuh-huh.

This threw me for a total loop. The reason that everyone can drive is because they are taught as part of the curriculum in school.

Bloody bonkers, innit!

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Sep 8 2004, 12:05 PM
Post #9

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

We didn't have drivers ed in our school though...nor did many of the surrounding schools. It seems more like getting your drivers license is a rite of passage - like suddenly you're just a little bit more cool because you can kind of maneuver a big hunk of metal. This upgrade in social status also comes from the fact that you don't have to ride the bus to school anymore, and I know how much I hated the bus.

True though that we are very spread out. I remember being sort of awed when I went to France and noticed that you're either IN the city, or you go driving through the country and see:

farm.....

farm

little house

CHATEAU!

sheep

little house

You get the idea. Seems like we have much more suburban areas. I grew up in one...

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 8 2004, 04:47 PM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Every college or university I've attended or known in the UK has always had really limited parking, so whether you're a driver or not you'd still have to get the bus!

Driving in the curriculum... Blimey.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 8 2004, 07:59 PM
Post #11

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

It is really spread out, shops are far away (i like my little Tesco's just around the corner) but then again American's seem to have a great dislike for walking in not mall situations, i mean, there are plenty of spaces but people still seem to scour close to the entrances on the off chance of a space (but then car parks are bloody huge too)

oh yeah, hey aries and kid, why that member title?

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Sep 8 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #12

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Awwwwwwww! sad.gif *hugs and snuggles aries*

I'm sry, hey if I'm ever in your area you can bum rides off me all you want!

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Sep 8 2004, 08:35 PM
Post #13

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

*hugs* even though things aren't so good, I have a pretty good feeling they'll be looking up soon.

And about the Driver's Ed being taught in school, I was going to go to a school that had it. Unfortunately, I found that out two weeks ago. Maybe if I'm fortunate, my new school will have it too.
But in New York City, you don't really need to drive. Almost everywhere there's a bus or a subway. Though they may not run as nicely as I'd like, they're pretty useful.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
SPEAKERfortheLOS...
post Sep 8 2004, 11:38 PM
Post #14

Transdimensional Traveler

Member No.: 1,244

budda said it best, meditate often and meditate well. The "Ohms" are very helpful to relieve that tension... or so iv'e heard...

In any case we are here to talk and to help...

*ohms in corner*

--------------------
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Jack of all trades, master of none,
though offtimes better than master of one.

Carpe Noctem, pro cras nos necemus
Carpe Diem, pro hodie nos mutiamo

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 9 2004, 12:19 AM
Post #15

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Driver's ed was never taught in my school as standard education. You could opt to take it after school, though. And this place is really spread out. It's about two miles to the nearest jiffy store and a lot of businesses and a lot of my friends live off of the island, where you NEED a car to get to and from. Aislinn lives out by the interstate highway and since I don't have a car anymore, I never get to see her (it would literally take me all day to walk there). That's why when she gets her liscense, she's becoming my official ride slave.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Sep 12 2004, 04:05 AM
Post #16

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Driver's ed was never taught in my school as standard education. You could opt to take it after school, though.

Driver's ed used to be a regular course at my school. Now it's an after school class as well, except you have to pay nearly $350 dollars for it. dry.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Sep 13 2004, 08:56 PM
Post #17

Ai Ravana-hime

Yes, it is true. Every idiot and flippin' dog drives in this country and about 85% need to *NOT* be driving. There needs to be some sort of intelligence check before they let these people on the road.

I'm lucky to live in a college town. I don't even NEED to drive now. I'm getting along just fine without it. Where my feet can't take me, the public buses can. I was only driving my car to work because it was in the next big town over, about 20 miles away.

It's good to see and hear from you all again. I've missed you all muchly. Here's hoping for internet soon. My room mate Joe has decided he wants to hold off a little while on internet because it's *VERY* possible he'll be experiencing a layoff at his factory job here real soon. And if he isn't laid off there's always that large strike coming up.....So we're all pretty much doomed. happy.gif

Despite the stresses this is all causing I'm still trying to adjust to domestic life. I've gone from never really having a steady boyfriend to living with one. It's quite the leap in life style let me tell you. I'm just lucky the boy is as big of a dork as I am, so we end up getting along pretty well. There's some pretty nagging issues in the back of my mind, but now is not the time to let them get to me. I'm just enjoying his company. Once I get back online, expect us on a lot.

Anyway, that's it for my blabbering for the day. Miss you all, love you all dearly, and all that other warm squishy stuff I don't feel like spouting. Toodles.

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 1 2004, 04:10 PM
Post #18

Ai Ravana-hime

Hi, kids, it's-a-me-again...Aries! Just dropping in for a quick minute here to say hello to everyone.

So today I *FINALLY* got a job. And those who know me well will be *DAMN* surprised too. I work for an organization called New Voters and it's a non-partisan organization that works to get young people between the ages of 18-24 registered to vote. I'll be helping finish up that part of things over the next few weeks. We go around to public places and ask passerby to register if they're not already. Then after this stuff is done, in a few weeks we'll start going to door to door and calling these people up and making sure that they're going to vote on Nov 2nd. Crazy, huh? Well, it does sound kind of fun, but it's so weird. I've never done anything for a job that's actually been....what's the word...that benefits the community, nevermind something like voting. Should be interesting. We'll see.

Hopefully this means I can *FINALLY* get internet at my apartment. I *REALLY* need it.

Love you all muchly and I'll be hopefully back soon.

*Aries sends out much Missing You All luuuuuurve*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pab
post Oct 1 2004, 04:29 PM
Post #19

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

YAY!

Good iniciative. Last election the chimp banned most of the black community and people with similar names from voting, this time you could oust him by insuring the presence of a non-felon young vote ... Cooooooooool

Glad to hear you're gainfully employed. Get a shirt that says "Pab says vote for anybody but Bush"

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 05:39 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!