> Lod Will Remain Barred For The Time Being
Mata
post Apr 23 2003, 11:07 AM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi,

Thanks for everyone who contributed to the discussion of this topic. I felt it was important to get as many opinions as I could from the other people on this board.

While this board is run by myself, with the aid of Jonman, it is lived in by you all and so the decision was ultimately up to you.

It's not easy to say that a person has acted in a way that cannot be forgiven quickly, but from the posts of those that Lord of Darness abused it is clear that he went beyond the boundaries of what can be overlooked as youthful high-spirits or just getting carried away.

He was given warnings on the board and then by private message, which he accepted and promised that he would cease using his consistently violent language. He was warned twice, said he would change, and then did not. He did have a second chance after these warnings but he wasted this chance and within a matter of days it was necessary for me to bar him from posting.

That he has stated that he will change his behaviour but failed to do so may suggest that he has issues in his life that he has difficulty dealing with. I do not know him outside of this forum and so I cannot say whether this is true. I do know that a lot of people on here will have come from difficult lives to find sanctuary and co-exist happily. LoD does not appear capable of containing his rage against the world and misdirects this towards other people on this forum. This is not acceptable.

I do wish LoD the best in resolving whatever it is that causes his posts to frequently veer beyond jest into serious violent language, as I am sure every other member of this board does too, unfortunately at this time I do not feel that allowing him to work out these issues in this forum would be beneficial to either him or the other people here. Should LoD wish to return in a few months time on a trial basis I will consider this but certainly for several months I do not feel his presence here would be appropriate.

This has not been an easy decision to make and I have tried to communicate my reasoning as clearly as possible. I feel it is important that people are aware that this is a community, and just like any other community in life we do have rules. We must respect eachother and discuss our feelings openly without fear of abuse. To continue this feeling of safety I cannot allow LoD back at the moment.

Mata

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
prezgfish
post Apr 23 2003, 11:18 AM
Post #2

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Banned
Member No.: 61

well put

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Apr 23 2003, 11:20 AM
Post #3

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 15

guess it's impossible to argue with that so i guess i agree with mata....... but i hope that lod does come back someday when he solves whatever problems he has

+Quote Post
saucy_tara
post Apr 23 2003, 11:22 AM
Post #4

Destructogirl...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 124

I think that you have made the right decision Mata. It could not have been easy, especially taking into account the varied and strong viewpoints of all of us. I hope I can safely speak for the others when I say that we appreciate the chance to come onto this forum because obviously we all have your art as a shared interest, and not to sound twee but I feel we are a really close knit group. LoD was given many opportunities to contribute sensibly to the group threads but did not choose to do this. Like I said in an earlier thread, I feel that he may have some intense personal issues, and while I can empathise with this there is a time and a place to vent your spleen, and an online forum is the wrong place. By all means, voice an opinion, have a healthy debate, but when your hated and dissillusionment of life situations starts to become personal vendetta against others then it's time to just bow out, and I feel that LoD did not have the maturity or self-will to exercise this, so quite rightly you had to step in. I for one feel much safer and happier in the forum now, and I think if one person is made to feel threatened or fearful then that is one person too many. Thank you Mata.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hyperion
post Apr 23 2003, 01:55 PM
Post #5

samazon

Member No.: 234

eloquently stated, and a wise descision.

--------------------
I saw you, Walt Whitman, childless, lonely old grubber, poking among the meats in the refrigerator and eyeing the grocery boys. I heard you asking questions of each: Who killed the pork chops? What price bananas? Are you my Angel? Ginsberg

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Apr 23 2003, 02:04 PM
Post #6

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

I approve and stand by your decision.

+Quote Post
prezgfish
post Apr 23 2003, 02:15 PM
Post #7

a lot of people feel this topic

+Quote Post
wolfbane
post Apr 23 2003, 03:57 PM
Post #8

Has too much time on their hands

Group: New Members
Member No.: 74

Thanks Mata. I (and a wholoe lot of other people by the sounds of it) agree with your decision. Thanks for giving us the chance to air our views on this one.

--------------------
~ Last night you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me....do it again ~
I am an innocent anti-minion and my ass belongs to Free Psycho..apparently
I have two vodka imps called Lith and Xan who I will train to make snakebite and black. Don't mess with them.
user posted image This is my acid bunny. I shall call him fluffykins (cos it really pisses him off)

People screaming can I be dreaming
Is this the truth I can't tell
Whether this is heaven or hell
Wolfbane and the sound of a silver bell ~ 'Spiritual Law', Slayer. Inky's song dedication

+Quote Post
leopold
post Apr 23 2003, 05:20 PM
Post #9

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

That's a very considered opinion, Mata.

Given his behaviour, I agree with what ya say an I think yer makin the right decision. Too many people have said that his behaviour wasn't entirely appropriate, even though they were prepared to give him a last chance.

It's sad that it's come to this... but unfortunately necessary. I like comin here, an I hope that it continues to stay a friendly an happy place ta be.

I, too, hope that LoD comes to terms wi his problems.

Thanks fer givin us all the opportunity to have our say. There's many forum admins that wouldn't have bothered.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Apr 23 2003, 06:07 PM
Post #10

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Group: New Members
Member No.: 29

QUOTE (leopold @ Apr 23 2003, 06:20 PM)
Thanks fer givin us all the opportunity to have our say. There's many forum admins that wouldn't have bothered.

True. Most froum admins would have made the desicion without opinion so we all apreciate that.

Sun Tsu

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Apr 23 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #11

it's weird, but if lod had put a biggrin.gif or a laugh.gif or a tongue.gif at the end of each post and death threat would probably have prevented him from gettin banned in the first place (or if he would it woulda been later) cause ppl would take it as some sorta weird joke (tho it'd get annoyin after awhile it wouldn't be so severe). weird how doin so little can do so much......

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Apr 23 2003, 08:46 PM
Post #12

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

A happy face at the end of a death threat? Disturbing. Anyway, I was in the chat yesterday and heard a few of the things that happened with LoD from the other members. Having not known him personally .. well .. Mata obviously made a good decision.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Apr 23 2003, 09:07 PM
Post #13

see, with the faces it looks like some kinda weird sick joke (think how much happier/satirical/ironic his destroy the world posts woulda sounded if he'd put biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif at the end of them. or maybe a 'jk' at the end of his death threats, that could work)

+Quote Post
prezgfish
post Apr 23 2003, 10:18 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 23 2003, 09:34 PM)
it's weird, but if lod had put a biggrin.gif or a laugh.gif or a tongue.gif at the end of each post and death threat would probably have prevented him from gettin banned in the first place (or if he would it woulda been later) cause ppl would take it as some sorta weird joke (tho it'd get annoyin after awhile it wouldn't be so severe). weird how doin so little can do so much......

but it wasnt a joke it was hate. or if it was a joke it was for his humour not anyone elses

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Apr 23 2003, 10:21 PM
Post #15

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

The truth is, I could never be sure with him whether things were jokes or not. I still can't. He'll IM me in normal fashion, talk like he always does, and it's impossible to know how to take anything. I've always just tried to ignore anything he said that was disturbing to me...

+Quote Post
prezgfish
post Apr 23 2003, 10:31 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Apr 23 2003, 11:21 PM)
The truth is, I could never be sure with him whether things were jokes or not. I still can't. He'll IM me in normal fashion, talk like he always does, and it's impossible to know how to take anything. I've always just tried to ignore anything he said that was disturbing to me...

a very fair outlook

yet you judge me

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 02:03 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!