Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So..., This is how things are
EvilSpork
post Sep 9 2004, 02:08 AM
Post #1

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 829

I've been writing a bit lately in this notebook, I'm doing it for somebody give them a peer into my thought process since I said sometimes I can be hard to follow and I think too much... I came up with this and I'm just going to finish 80 6" by 9" pages with randomness.

Well, one thing I wrote in it, somewhat babble, I quite liked. So I'm going to share it.

A puzzle
No sides
No definition

The perfect sway
Brand new day
Head held high

Jump in my step
A loss in my footing
New View

New outlook
New crowd
Lost in minds

Be this
Not that
But no sides

No perfection
Be oneself
No change

Yourself
Not a product
Not for the people

A mind is ones own
Without definition
It's own line

Andrew Hillier
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 9 2004, 02:26 AM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Rightious started a random poem thread: clicky

wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 9 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #3

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Sep 8 2004, 09:26 PM)
Rightious started a random poem thread:  clicky

wink.gif

This isn't just about a poem though. And I'm allowed to post what I'm doing in my life in Daily Life, even if nobody cares. Maybe if you read about where it was from, you'd think "Maybe this isn't all that's going in here, maybe he'll put other things from the notebook in here"

And last I checked you weren't a mod, you don't need to tell me where to move my crap or where a thread is, I know that that's there.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Sep 9 2004, 08:37 PM
Post #4

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I really like it, it kind of makes sense in a non-sensicle kinda way.

yay for Spoony!

*hugs*

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 9 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #5

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I wasn't trying to be arsy, apologies if you took it that way. wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 9 2004, 09:08 PM
Post #6

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

I started writing on a fairly open ended and still empty imagery. Keep in mind this is all just blurb, random thoughts... And a lot of this goes on simultaneously with about 50 other thoughts, some dark, some not, some happy and a lot of memories and thoughts of what, where and why.

All of this is just stuff I need to get out, just stuff that goes on in my mind. Writing these notebooks keeps me sane, and this one will help let somebody have a peak into my mind.

He entered the hallway, full of suspicion, a heavy air upon his shoulders. Unsure, creeping along passing sights. The feeling that he was no longer alone pressed hard on his mind.

"A victim?" the shadows thought to themselves, watching intently. One foul step, one trip, a miss...
Hungrily the starved ones of the night looked on. Almost closing in on the poor being, pressing towards him..
Tip toe... Creak... The shadows still looked on, waiting, watching, hoping for just the right moment.

Thump thump... Rapid steps... He ran.

That's all the further I got.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Sep 9 2004, 10:09 PM
Post #7

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

that poem is really nice..for some odd reason, I picture it set to some kind of celtic music.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 9 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #8

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

QUOTE (Silver Star Angel of Da Towers @ Sep 9 2004, 05:09 PM)
that poem is really nice..for some odd reason, I picture it set to some kind of celtic music.

Acoustic fingerstyle/tapping that my friend was playing (and it was mind blowing I might add) actually. Very amazing stuff he can do with a guitar.

Yes, I'm going to be replying to this a lot because I'm constantly working on everything in this. It's actually kind of a goal and motive right now. Sort of feels important to me for some reason...

15% done - At this rate it will be done in 17 more days.

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 12 2004, 05:01 AM
Post #9

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Okay, I'm not going to comment on the angstyness of this entire topic. However, it was right rude of you to flip out on Frog like you did. And yes, i know that nowhere in my avatar does the word "Moderator" appear, but I don't really care. Hell as is, Frog was right. A topic like this does belong on Creations. It's a special little board where you can go and let out all of your angst.

Anyway, I can't say that I was a fan of your poem - it seems to be a pretty cliched deal, what with the imagery that doesn't go anywhere nor really mean anything. Oxymorons are powerful, but when that's all you use, it's just bloody annoying.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Sep 12 2004, 01:24 PM
Post #10

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

Mike, you have no right to talk about being rude. He's not looking for your opinion, just a chance to share.

I think that if this did indeed belong in Creations it would have been moved there by one of those lucky people with "moderator" under their avatar.
As far as I can see this is something that he is doing to help out someone else, it's not really about the content it's about the making of it.
In my opinion it's in the right place.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 12 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #11

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Sep 12 2004, 12:01 AM)
Okay, I'm not going to comment on the angstyness of this entire topic.  However, it was right rude of you to flip out on Frog like you did.  And yes, i know that nowhere in my avatar does the word "Moderator" appear, but I don't really care.  Hell as is, Frog was right.  A topic like this does belong on Creations.  It's a special little board where you can go and let out all of your angst.

Anyway, I can't say that I was a fan of your poem - it seems to be a pretty cliched deal, what with the imagery that doesn't go anywhere nor really mean anything.  Oxymorons are powerful, but when that's all you use, it's just bloody annoying.

I'm not angsting, nor does this belong in creations.

It's something I'm just randomly writing from random thoughts that come to my head for somebody else, so that would qualify it as daily life. Yes, it's a creation, but it's also something I'm doing in my life currently. I never said this was just poems, a lot of it is personal for some things that is going on with this person and their life, so piss off.

And here's a question - How is a poem that is suppose to convey the message of be yourself angsty?

Seriously just butt the hell out, I never asked for opinions. And while you're at it look up the definition of angst, or I'll do it for you.

Angst - A feeling of anxiety or apprehension often accompanied by depression.

How is the beginning of a short story based on psycological twists and super natural angsty? How is the message of "be yourself" angsty? Exactly. It's not. I never said any of this had to do with me being anxious or depressed. It's simply random thoughts spewn from my mind to ink.

With the few topics I do make I'd like to do them without a damned scene. I do have the freedom to do that, don't I? How would you feel if I had come into a topic that you had made and just went on about how angsty and pathetic you, and it, were?

How is telling somebody that the topic isn't just about the poem flipping out? And asking them not to tell me where to post something where I think it should be. If it's suppose to be somewhere else, leave it to a mod.

Anyway, random thought from it -

Horoscopes are absolutely hilarious. At least I find them funny. They make me laugh at the idea that how stars line up can affect how I live my life. Maybe I'm wrong though, but still.

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 12 2004, 04:33 PM
Post #12

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

This thread makes Baby Jesus cry.

Um. But seriously.

Fair enough, fair enough, fair enough - to everyone. But like Mike, I think Frog's throat got jumped down a little.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 12 2004, 04:43 PM
Post #13

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

It's my friend, it's my life, it's my notebook for my friend.

I don't need people telling me how to live my life, how to write and what's wrong with any of this, because it's not wrong per se, just different from what you want, and I'm sorry I'm not living my life or writing how you want me to.

Get over it and stop bitching about what I'm doing with my life. This is a part where a mod could delete every thread that has anything to do with telling me what's wrong and any thread that I've posted in response to them. I didn't mean to come off as jumping down Frog's throat. Sorry if you feel the need to defend, but as they said they didn't mean to come off as asshole-ish and neither did I, stop dwelling on that.

Piss off, it's my thread and it's my life. I never asked for opinions.

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 12 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #14

Microwave your children

And my throat's been jumped down too... What fun!

I wasn't bitching. There was nothing in my comment that could have been taken that way, so your quick leap onto the defensive is a little unrequired.

I didn't criticise the poetry quite simply because I know nothing of poetry.
I didn't go out of my way to offend you, I said nothing that could even have been offensive to anyone. Except perhaps the Baby Jesus thing, and that was directly solely at the arguing and not meant seriously.
I didn't tell you to move it. Damn, I didn't tell you to do anything.

As a result, I'm downright baffled at your reaction. Not just to me, but to others on this thread. Ok - do what you want. Good luck with that, etc. But you seem to have been a little blunt with everyone and I question how fair that is. Ok, fine - it's your life, your thread. That's no excuse to be rude. I find it rather unjustified.

And while Frog apologised for perhaps coming across as an asshole (which she didn't, in the slightest), you didn't. Unless you PMed her, that is.

It's always nice having people share their creations, but for them to then go off at people for a) having an opinion or suggestion or b ) innocently trying to help - I think it's appalling, in all honesty.

And this here isn't really bitching either - it's defending myself. Nor am I trying to pretend to be a mod. I'm not trying to do anything but state an opinion and observation about your attitude.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 12 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #15

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 12 2004, 12:04 PM)

I wasn't responding to you, I was simply making a point.

Oi, sorry I didn't respond earlier.

I didn't mean to sound jumpy. My appologies.

And other people weren't rude to me? I defend myself overly viciously, I know, but the assumption that I meant to be jumping down people's throat's makes an ass out of all of us.

Come on people relax. I am a jumpy person, but I might as well make it clear now before this crap goes any further I'm blunt, and quickly jump to conclusions so don't make it unclear or rude because chances are it's going to cause something.

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Sep 12 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #16

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Dude, chill. What's a thread for if not opinions? You can't "own" it. Get a blog and post this there if you want it to be uninterrupted and "yours". For example this is free and not crapped up with adverts or anything. Either that, or stop jumping down people's throats because they posted in "your" thread.

That said, I think the poem's rather good. I don't particularly like the end, but the first couple verses are cool.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 12 2004, 05:39 PM
Post #17

Microwave your children

Ok. Furry snuff.

Just remember - you're not too big to go over my knee.

--------------------

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 12 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #18

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Sep 12 2004, 12:36 PM)

Dude, chill. What's a thread for if not opinions? You can't "own" it. Get a blog and post this there if you want it to be uninterrupted and "yours". For example this is free and not crapped up with adverts or anything. Either that, or stop jumping down people's throats because they posted in "your" thread.

You do have a point, yes, but opinions shouldn't be rude, it's not opinions I'm worried about, honestly, it's just when people turn it into nothing more than a rude comment. Simply stating "personally I didn't like it" is fine, but when you go on to insult what I do by labeling it angsty, then you can piss off.

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 12 2004, 05:55 PM
Post #19

Microwave your children

I do agree that Mike was a little.... blunt. However, he always is. Just call him a poohead and kick him in the shin. Maybe pull his hair. That'll teach 'im.

*trying to be a little more light-hearted now*

--------------------

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 12 2004, 06:21 PM
Post #20

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

I never knew fizzy juice (soda, pop.... ) could be damn spicy. I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, mouse balls are damn fun. And not as in the rodent, but computer mice balls. They're quite dense and heavy. Could be painful!

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 12 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #21

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

I wonder if notebooks burn.

A little paper could start a lovely fire, you know. Roasted marshmallows and everything. Woo hoo! Maybe some others will bring graham crackers and chocolate. Then we can have s'mores and tell ghost stories! And later, we can have popcorn.

God I love fires, and to think - I almost thought that your notebook was completely useless.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 12 2004, 08:23 PM
Post #22

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

As aggressive as he is, Micky's right. You were a bit mean toward Frog and this does belong in Creations.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 12 2004, 08:36 PM
Post #23

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

You were a bit mean toward Frog and this does belong in Creations.

Do you people read? Maybe if you understood the grounds on this being done, then you'd think twice about it. A friend is having problems, what I post here probably has nothing to do with the problems, mainly because of the grounds which the problem is on.. Well, it isn't exactly something I can release.

And second, ever hear of PMs?

Oi, sorry I didn't respond earlier.

I didn't mean to sound jumpy. My appologies.
(that was to Frog, get it?)

Seriously people, read, I already put this in here. But I'll just spoon feed what I've already said multiple times to those unable to look through other posts.

I'm writing this entire thing because of a few problems that are fairly larger than angst. You people need to think more than you do. Sure, it's unclear what's going on, but I clearly stated this entire thing was for a friend. But I didn't make this clear : Everything that I have posted is the side that isn't personal. I don't care if you have opinions, if it's not an opinion, but you'll just be rude - Keep it to yourself. I think a lot of this fits into the rules. Yeah, rules, ever hear of them? An opinion and a personal attack are nothing alike.

Ri, you really have to learn to read and look through other posts. The Frog thing is being dwelled on for no reason and is far from a valid point.

One word : READ

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 12 2004, 08:49 PM
Post #24

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

If you don't care about our opinions, why are you apparently at odds with me and PWMike right now?

This isn't an attack. I'm asking a question.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 12 2004, 08:57 PM
Post #25

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Ri, do you even know what an opinion is? Go back and read the posts, that'd be attacks on me, not opinions. I can tolerate an opinion of "I don't like it" but I can't and won't tolerate attacks on me and what I'm doing for a friend. I'm not attacking anybody, per se, simply defending myself in an offensive manner.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 09:48 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!