IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You Skip Meals?
DO you skip meals?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 49
Guests cannot vote 
eleraama
post Sep 9 2004, 07:48 PM
Post #1

There is glass between us...!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,091

Well? I have a theory, but I'm not going to tell you. I need data, so try and do it... No, this has nothing to do with anything, and especially not school. Comments?

--------------------
"Hell is... other people." No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 9 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #2

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I can't eat until about 10 or 11, but I get up at 6:30. I got sick today on the way to school after eating breakfast and had to pull over to spill my guts. I'm straying from breakfast for a while.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Sep 9 2004, 07:56 PM
Post #3

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

During the summer I tend to eat at random times, a lot one day or none the next.

During the school year I tend not to eat breakfast and only a small lunch if I eat lunch at all. Then I go home and have a snack if I'm not off at crew and dinner a few hours later.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Sep 9 2004, 08:07 PM
Post #4

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Sep 9 2004, 07:56 PM)
During the summer I tend to eat at random times, a lot one day or none the next.

During the school year I tend not to eat breakfast and only a small lunch if I eat lunch at all.  Then I go home and have a snack if I'm not off at crew and dinner a few hours later.

Me too. Normally I just forget to eat in the summer, and when I'm at school its too early for breakfast/anything more demanding than walking. blink.gif

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Sep 9 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #5

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

Well, I usually skip breakfast, and I just have a sandwhich for lunch or just don't have it (unless were first inning. JACKET POTATOES!). But of course then I get a dinner.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 9 2004, 08:15 PM
Post #6

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I generally don't have anything to eat until about 12. That'll be some soup or perhaps some crackers but a lot of the time I forget even to have that. I do have an evening meal but that's about it. I don't snack or anything like that.

I could probably do with eating more.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 9 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #7

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Nulled my vote, because my eating habits are highly irregular.

At present, how I eat is regulated - I eat three meals a day, because that's what I'm given.

When left to my own devices, I eat far less. Additionally, I tend not to eat meals as such - I eat when I get hungry enough to motivate me to get food, and I eat enough to stop being hungry. I'll often do this when not very hungry, so I'll end up eating a small salad, or a sandwich. Usually I'll not eat until early afternoon, unless I wake up hungry. I think it's interesting how much less I eat when I'm not forced to.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Sep 9 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #8

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I tend to skip lunch most often, although it depends.

If I'm at uni and I have early classes and I'm late then I'll skip Breakfast but have a sandwich or something small for lunch. If I have afternoon classes then I'll have some toast or cereal for breakfast and no lunch.
Either way I normally have a reasonable evening meal...normally pasta based.

When not at uni and not doing anything then I tend to snack and not eat proper meals unless they are given to me.
If I'm doing something then I don't tend to eat, even if I feel hungry, I seem to get stuck into things so much that I can't be bothered even to snack.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 9 2004, 09:39 PM
Post #9

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

I skip breakfast a lot... unless coffee counts. Summer? That's pretty odd eating... Tend to skip everything outside of dinner, but I have some snacks along the way.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
beleraphon
post Sep 9 2004, 09:55 PM
Post #10

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,001

I sort of have about 5 or 6 lots of 'food' a day, but its more a 'food 1' 'food 2' kind of thing than defined meals. I more or less eat what i want when I want.
The other thing is that I take a lot of nutritional supliments, which have the same amount of calories as a light meal

This is because I have something called Cystic Fibrosis. I don't digest fat at all and have to take enzyme tablets to do the job for me, which are no where near as effective, and I have a very high burn metabolism. So basically from any food I only absorb 25% of the goodness and calories. This means I eat a stupid amount of high calorie, high fat, high energy food but still weigh less than 7 stone.

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 9 2004, 09:59 PM
Post #11

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Lunch. Don't know why.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Sep 9 2004, 10:05 PM
Post #12

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I can't eat really early, so I usually skip breakfast. Heavy breakfasts too early make me sick.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Sep 10 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #13

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Sorry to hear that beleraphon sad.gif

I tend to snack and not eat proper meals unless they are given to me.

That's me. Like...uh...vegetables. Never eat 'em unless they're given. And my "meals" aren't exactly as such.

But...all you people...skipping...food! How can you? Last year I skipped breakfast a good portion of the time, but it was because I wanted to sleep in. But other than that, I LOVE to eat. I don't see how you forget to eat. It's food. I love food. Actually if I'm busy I don't eat as much... I said three meals a day and snacks, but if it's a school day it's usually 3 meals and no snacks, sometime a night one.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
mothe
post Sep 10 2004, 12:52 AM
Post #14

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,255

breakfast SUCKS!!!!!

--------------------
Come closer. . . so I can slap the sh*t out of you! . . . do I LOOK like a friggin people person? Bumper stickers are so lame. . . Bumper STICKS are where it's at! You should duct tape a stick to your bumper and be like me!
. . . I'm hearing voices but all they do is complain. . .
What if I had a mustard-drenched cucumber tied to my leg and I did not want my pants to get dirty? Ya better checkety-check yourself before ya wreckety-wreck yourself!

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post Sep 10 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #15

Miss Violence Spiderguts

Member No.: 1,030

Am I the only person who does like to eat first thing in the morning? I always eat breakfast if I have the time-- it's usually something light but eating a full meal in the morning doesn't bother me.

If I skip anything, it's usually lunch.

--------------------
With the headlights burning
We're looking up for something
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 10 2004, 02:37 PM
Post #16

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

Tsktsktsk, the lot of you.

It's so bad to skip meals. Your body ends up storing anything it can get otherwise. Three meals a day - decent breakfast, light lunch, decent dinner - is the way to go. I used to only eat once a day, and once I started eating properly I lost a poo-load of weight. 'Tis much healthier. Also, as a result, I never really snack on anything. I'm usually only hungry at mealtimes.

So consider yourselves scolded. Hang your heads in shame.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 10 2004, 09:39 PM
Post #17

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 10 2004, 03:37 PM)
It's so bad to skip meals. Your body ends up storing anything it can get otherwise. Three meals a day - decent breakfast, light lunch, decent dinner - is the way to go.

If I eat that much, I feel quite sick...

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Sep 11 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #18

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Am I the only person who does like to eat first thing in the morning?

No. Meeeee. I wake up and I'm starving, and then I dash to eat.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Sep 11 2004, 04:55 PM
Post #19

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I don't really keep track of meal times. I have breakfast about an hour after I get up and then I eat about 3 or 4 snacks throughout the day. I think it probably has something to do with my work schedule. It doesn't really allow for set meal times and people don't have meal breaks together. Also my only meal break on monday wednesday and friday is at the beginning of my shift...

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
sjbbandgeek
post Sep 11 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 618

At lunch I have something I call "I don't have enough money to eat" diet. Sometimes I skip breakfast when I have to leave early or don't wake up till lunch. Other than that, I only don't eat before a cross country practice or race.

+Quote Post
The Lorax
post Sep 11 2004, 05:12 PM
Post #21

Superterriffic.

Member No.: 1,052

I skip breakfast. I have a bad stomach as it is so I don't tempt it to give me hell, so breakfast is not an option.

Lunch is usually water and fries from school....and then I have a snack when I get home.

Dinner is what my mom cooks. Or what I cook for myself....>.>;

--------------------
[center]Lets all get drunk, tonight.[/center]

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Sep 11 2004, 05:17 PM
Post #22

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Nulled my vote because I'm none of them. Medically, I have to eat three meals because otherwise I faint, but I'm not a big fan of eating, so I don't eat very much at meals. I went vegetarian mainly because meat was too heavy; I got to a point where I couldn't stomach it. I never snack, and rarely have desserts (my vati got me a milkshake thingy yesterday and I felt sick to my stomach for hours afterwards). I just drink a lot of tea and sports drinks. Actually it's good to know that eating makes people other than me feel sick, because I was starting to worry a little. Heh.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Aria
post Sep 11 2004, 08:25 PM
Post #23

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

Depends on time of the year. Summer, I only eat 2 meals a day. Winter, it's variable. Sometimes I skip breakfast, sometimes I don't. Other times I eat a lot. Seems to vary with my mood, as well.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
helicopter pilot
post Sep 12 2004, 06:16 AM
Post #24

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,171

i always eat breakfast, usually a piece of toast and coffee. but otherwise, meh. i snack though, i can only really eat when i am distracted, if i sit down with a plate of food in front of me, it just seems so yuck. so i tend eat musli-bars in lectures.
and lollypops for sugar.
and i have to eat on my tea break when i am at work or peple worry.
but the thing is, i love food. i can stare at shelves in the supermarket and go yummm, and i love to read cookbooks, and when i am out, menus are always so yummy.

--------------------
WWSBD?

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Sep 12 2004, 08:25 PM
Post #25

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

My eating habits tend to be very irregular. I tend to skip breakfast if I'm sleeping in, which is really hard on my body and it complains in return. After all, (and my mother is a dietitian, so I get this a lot), "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 12:08 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!