IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mini London Meet:, A mini meet up in London?
froggle-rock
post Sep 10 2004, 08:31 AM
Post #1

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

Hey all,

I'm suggesting a mini London meet, ie: one night in a pub in London. Anytime after the 24th of September is good for me. erm, I'm thinking a weekend night?

I thought of suggesting it after Faerieryn couldn't make it to Manchester last weekend. Plus, I know there's not likley to be a 'proper' meet in London, because its so expensive.

When would be good, and any suggested pubs or the like? I thought the closer to town, the better, coz that way it'll propbably be better for people to get to, and get away from.

Mata warned me not to expect a massive response. I just thought it would be nice to meet some more Matazonians.

What do all think? -Better question: Who would be interested?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 10 2004, 09:27 AM
Post #2

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

I would, but not until October because my bank account is dead after Manchester.

But then, you've already seen me get drunk and make a tit out of myself, so I'm not so exciting.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 10 2004, 11:28 AM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I always suggest The World's End in Camden. It's pretty much directly across the road from Camden tube station, and Camden is on the Northern line, which means that it's easy for everyone to get to with minimal tube navigation.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 10 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #4

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

I love that pub. I've never actually drunk there, but I've gone in looking for somewhere to sit and have a drink, and thought 'oooh. Nice.'.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Sep 10 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #5

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

I'm up for it. I need to do some clothes shopping up there anyway, so Camden is good for me.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 10 2004, 06:48 PM
Post #6

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I'd definitely attend. And I second the World's End.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Sep 12 2004, 08:32 PM
Post #7

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

As you all know I am hopeless for getting to things and getting out of amrking, planning etc but I would love to meet up with you guys. SO a london meet would definitely be cool for me. Camden is an excellent plan and I would certainly be up for a friday/ saturday night. Catch you all later! Ryn

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 12 2004, 09:01 PM
Post #8

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Yay!

I'm good for the World's End, there's also a samller 'Goth' pub just along the road a little. Oh, and how about Full Tilt? I've been thinking of going for a while?

erm, hmm. The 2nd and 3th of October is the first weekend, would that be good for you Forever Unknown and everyone else? If its a Saturday night, I can get there earlier.

So please post what day would be good.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 12 2004, 09:02 PM
Post #9

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Put me on a plane and I'd join you. Or get me a bigger boat.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 12 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #10

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I'd probably be up for it - money allowing.

November would be better for me though, it's my birthday in October and I have to go to Cumbria to visit the devil bitch from hell (AKA Kais grandmother).

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 12 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Sep 12 2004, 10:01 PM)
I'm good for the World's End, there's also a samller 'Goth' pub just along the road a little.

The Dev, you mean? A highly suspicious establishment. Hurrah.

As for Full Tilt, I've never been, but I'd consider it...or if you really want to make a night of it, there's always the Slimelight...

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 12 2004, 09:16 PM
Post #12

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Slime Night is too much of a piller evening for me, but it is open untill 7 in the morning, and you can bring your own alcoholic drinks! I'm not too fuseed, I guess a majority vote thing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 12 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #13

I'm not much of a clubbing person, but I'm willing to have a go of it if everyone else is going to go...

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 12 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #14

omno-ahhhhhhh!

The Dev, you mean?

Yeah, the Devonshire Arms, bit smaller, more friendly. erm, October, November?

When is good for you others?

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Sep 12 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #15

I had some bad experiences with my only clubbing experience at G-A-Y (I really don't like Britney Spears, OK?) so I'd like to be rehabilitated into the club-scene. Pubs are generally easier though, especially if younger folks are coming.

And oh boy! I'm turning eighteen before November, so I'll be able to drink!

Well, legally anyway.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 12 2004, 09:31 PM
Post #16

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

didn't Johnny Depp used to go to slime light? that's what i heard, i also heard slimelight can go on AAAALLLLL night, i might be available, and if slimelight's on the cards i have a friends who's been there and would be up for a second visit....he's odd.....he wears a tail....and has seen me naked >_<

failing that, worlds end is always a giggle....if barry brings his snuff tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 12 2004, 09:35 PM
Post #17

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Actually my birthday is in mid November?

Could people please post wheather or not November is good, ie: November. Also, if pub or pub and club would be the prefrance?

Smiles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 12 2004, 09:37 PM
Post #18

Both October and November are equally affable; I have a couple of gigs in November, I'll check up on when they are exactly. I'll definitely be along for the pub, I'll say a tentative yes to the club but I reserve the right to mumble my excuses and slink off home upon leaving the pub, occasionally swigging from a hip flask.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 12 2004, 09:51 PM
Post #19

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

i'll put up a tentative yes, it all seems like a good idea, but i was forced to try a number of whiskey's last night by a friend of my dads and we ended up staggering around lille for a few hours....drink is not my friend at the moment

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 12 2004, 09:51 PM
Post #20

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Yay to pub - clubbing if everyone's up for it.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 12 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #21

omno-ahhhhhhh!

I wasn't suggesting a major booze night, just thought it would be nice for people who could get into and out of London without any troubles, to meet up for a night.

I'm not big drinker either, luckily I never passed out underneath the canal bridge in Camden.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 12 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Sep 12 2004, 10:53 PM)
I'm not big drinker either, luckily I never passed out underneath the canal bridge in Camden.

If you think about it, it's a pretty good place to be passing out. I mean, in comparison with all the other places in London you could pass out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Sep 12 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 12 2004, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Sep 12 2004, 10:53 PM)

If you think about it, it's a pretty good place to be passing out. I mean, in comparison with all the other places in London you could pass out.

You could, for example, pass out in G-A-Y and wake up with Christina Aguilera and Britney Speares singing madly in your mind. Purely for example. It's never happened to me or anything. Ah-haha.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 12 2004, 10:38 PM
Post #24

omno-ahhhhhhh!

So: Pubage in Camden, then a club,sometimne in November? How does that sound to people?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 12 2004, 11:14 PM
Post #25

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

November works for me. Personally I'm more up for the pub then heading home. Last time I did Slimelight I ended up heading off in a taxi about five AM feeling very tired indeed, now there wouldn't be anywhere to slink to... But then again, I've not been clubbing for a very very long time, and it would be interesting to see how the old place has changed, and just how old it will make me feel.

I'm a definite yes for the pub, a more tentative maybe for a club.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 03:13 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!