IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm Back!, Ya'll just can't get rid of me :P
Feyliya
post Sep 18 2004, 03:48 AM
Post #1

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 380

I'm back, once again!!! All sorts of new schtuph going on since I last posted! Must update those who care (missed ya Candice)!

When last I left I was moving into a new apartment to room with a friend of my fiancee's who was having financial trouble, and we couldn't afford to have internet access at the moment. Well, the place is great and John is the perfect roommate. IE: He's never home. WHOOHOO!!! Randy and I have the master bedroom, complete with our own bathroom. BIGGER WHOOHOO!!! And John's a neat freak so I NEVER have to clean the living room or kitchen! BIGGEST WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, we have internet access once again. Qwest is rather annoying, but ah well. (Actually, I'm "borrowing" our neighbor's new wireless network with my laptop. Our DSL is going to be installed Tuesday.)

Only bad part is, we picked up a another roommate for the third bedroom, just for a little extra financial relief for John. She's nice, but she has a pomeranian puppy who chews up EVERYTHING and is constantly ripping things apart. She swore when she moved in that Rippley was well-trained, but this dang dog barely even knows the "sit" command. He now spends ALL DAY out on our porch, chewing up the things out there and defecating all over the place. And she re-arranged my entire kitchen to take up 1/2 my shelf space on top of the several cupboards I had cleared especially for her use. Heck, she's barely taking up the ones I cleared for her. She just HAS to have each item of hers on a separate shelf. AND she always pays her rent late. Needless to say, once John's on his feet we're going to politely ask her to find someplace else, before the damn'ed dog gets us evicted.

I also had a job for a bit just after we moved. A pretty cushy telemarketing job, actually. But.....well....

1) They said the wage base was $10. SUCH a lie. It's really $7.16 an hour, Seattle minimum wage. You can get up to $10 an hour, but you have to make two deals a day. And the top-selling people in the company consider one deal a day godly. One of my friends actually left a job that was giving her $8.50 an hour with 40 hour weeks for this job (which also is only 35 hr/wk) because she wanted the extra money to take care of her kid. She's stuck there now (if she hasn't been fired for not making enough deals yet, that is).

2) My boss (the company's owner) is dating/engaged to one of my co-workers. My first day she was running around with the police all day because someone had slashed the tires of her Hummer and bashed in the windshield. Turns out it was done by a girl she fired the day before for talking to her boyfriend/fiancee too much during work. Can anyone smell a wrongful termimation of employment lawsuit here?

3) Kim (the owner, my boss) and Walter (my supervisor) were constantly talking and laughing behind my cubicle. Loudly. And they kept loud rap music on at all times. Here I am trying to talk business owners into talking to our bankers (we are a bank) about whether or not being able to take credit cards would work for their business. I lost 2 different sales in 3 days because we didn't sound "professional". And Walter lost a sale for one of my friends there because the woman owned a daycare out of her home and she couldn't have her husband at the meeting. AND THE FREAKING HUSBAND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BUSINESS. In fact, he had his OWN business. He had no need to be at the meeting. When we asked him why he canned the meeting he said, "If you were married, wouldn't you ask your husband about financial decisions?" mad.gif

4) I was working the opposite hours of my fiancee and was getting about 3 hours of sleep per night. I was a zombie.

I could live with all of this. The money was good, the hours were steady, and I had friends in the workplace. Things were pretty decent. But there was more...

5) My friend Harriet happens to hang out in the same social circles as my boss's boyfriend/fiancee. Turns out he's cheating on her. With a white girl. A white girl with "red hair and a big booty". I'M a white girl with red hair and a big booty. And Derrick (the boyfriend/fiancee) was the one who trained me.

Needless to say, at the end of my first week when Walter called me into his office and asked if I would stay on with the chance to be fired if I didn't sell enough or leave right then with his reference, I took the reference and ran. So I'm jobless and looking, once again. ::sigh::

Also, the past three days I've been in Oregon meeting my fiancee's family. I was soooooooo nervous that they wouldn't like me because Randy's dated some pretty awful women before (his ex sucked all his money out of him then had her big muscular male family members throw him out with practically nothing). But strangely enough, they love me. His mother and aunt threatened to kick his @ss if he did something to lose me and his grandparents told us both that if I ever had any trouble with him that they'd gladly come up to smack some sense into him with their canes. His friends all loved me, too. I'm quite surprised, when I'm not exhausted from spending 7 hours driving up from Roseburg to Seattle in the rain with only a couple of 5 minute stops. I had to drive up because we bought a '78 Pontiac LeManz from Randy's mother. She couldn't take care of it anymore and it had been in the family for years and Randy LOVES it, so we bought it and drove it up to restore it. THANK GODDESS I got to drive the Mitsubishi back home. The LeManz will be a wonderful car once we're done with her, but right now she is in sad, sorry condition.

Well, that's about it. You may all now consider yourselves officially updated! Now I'm going to go pass out. Hasta luego, muchachos! Bon nuit.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Sep 18 2004, 11:18 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

Yay! I'm glad things are so super for you *hugs*

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 18 2004, 03:53 PM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

ohmy.gif

Your fiancee's family lives in Roseburg? My aunt lives there! It's like...6 hours from me. Grah, I thought it was closer...like 3 hours. She has a cabin that her family uses for hunting and such in the mountains out here...and I didn't think it was that long of a drive. I just looked it up. Oh well. biggrin.gif

Anyway, good luck with the job search! smile.gif Glad to hear that things are going well, other than the job thing and the roomie with the puppy. Missed ya...you should come back more often when you have regular Internet access again *hugs*

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Sep 19 2004, 11:47 PM
Post #4

Yeah, Randy grew up in Roseburg! Absolutely GORGEOUS area! I'm plotting on buying a small mountain down there, some day! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Sep 20 2004, 01:04 PM
Post #5

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Welcome back fellow welcome-back-ee wink.gif

Tell her to move out is my only suggestion. I lived with someone who totally took advantage of my generosity. I will never live with anyone else again (save boyfriends/partners/husbands) dry.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Sep 20 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #6

One of my friends is moving to Seattle this Christmas!!! So one way or another, Christmas she's gone! :: dance dance:: I know I shouldn't be this happy about doing this to her, but there's a sink and counter full of her dirty dishes in my formerly pristine kitchen and her dog is busy scratching up the outside frame of the sliding glass door that leads to the porch, so right now I really don't care!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jasper
post Sep 20 2004, 11:27 PM
Post #7

More proficient guppy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,188

Back from where? How does one exist in Seattle without a job. I hear it is very expensive there?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 04:36 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!