Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Swearing Allowed?, Or is it not?
Azrael The Cat
post Sep 23 2004, 06:47 PM
Post #1

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,228

'Cause as you can see, the lyrics in my sig have some swear words in them.......

--------------------
I thought she would be Morticia to my Gomez, but she ended up being Lenore to my Mr. Gosh.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Sep 23 2004, 07:09 PM
Post #2

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Nope! Says so in rules.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 23 2004, 08:13 PM
Post #3

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

I'm under the impression we should avoid harsh language. PM a moderator or even Mata if you've any concerns about your sig. Might qualify as a quote or artistic and be left alone.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
ravein
post Sep 23 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #4

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

Even though it is lyrics, it is a bit much. You can either censor the profanity out or use asterisks if you like. We just try and keep it clean unless the situation calls for it. Besides we do have some rather young kids who come in here and I won't be responsible for corrupting them. That is the TV's/video games/governments job!
Thanks!

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 23 2004, 08:25 PM
Post #5

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

i get the feeling it takes up a little too much space in anycase

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
ravein
post Sep 23 2004, 08:49 PM
Post #6

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

Your right it does, I didn’t even think about that. In general a sig should be no larger than your avatar.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 23 2004, 08:59 PM
Post #7

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Not to be pedantic - but I used a ruler and measured and the sig is EXACTLY the same size as the avatar space allowed. biggrin.gif

Just thought I'd mention...

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
smallcuteanddead...
post Sep 23 2004, 09:18 PM
Post #8

Gone insane, be back soon!

Member No.: 1,279

In general a sig should be no larger than your avatar.

...whoops... rolleyes.gif

I have to admit i don't swear all that much, but the swearing I have done on here has been mild and I've not been told off. I think I've only said bugger a few times. I think. Don't quote me on that.

--------------------
Gratefully adopted by Silver Star Angel of Da Towers(Good cake hon)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 24 2004, 12:03 AM
Post #9

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Does that answer your question? smile.gif

Rule of thumb: unless you have been attacked, nearly died, in very serious trouble, are _exceptionally_ upset (I say that because some people seem to spend their life swinging between one upset and the next), or in a simlarly extreme situation, no, swearing is not allowed on here. Very, very, very occasional bending of this rule is allowed, but when it's just for the purposes of a sig it's definitely not.

'Bugger' is one that I say in life quite often, but despite it being very mild I'd prefer it not to come into common usage on here.

Usually all that will happen is that myself or one of the other mods will edit with something like [oi! Mind your language! - Mata]. It only becomes a serious offence if it is either constantly slipping in or being used to abuse another member of the board.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Sep 27 2004, 06:13 AM
Post #10

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

As a rule, I only swear when very upset. It's like a safety valve. But the only time I swear in print, is when a charachter in a story needs to do it...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
-Kurt
post Sep 27 2004, 12:49 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,318

QUOTE (Azrael The Cat @ Sep 23 2004, 06:47 PM)
'Cause as you can see, the lyrics in my sig have some swear words in them.......

Oh you are a bad boy.

+Quote Post
Azrael The Cat
post Sep 28 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #12

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,228

Hehehehehe. Ok, I'll change it.

--------------------
I thought she would be Morticia to my Gomez, but she ended up being Lenore to my Mr. Gosh.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 01:47 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!