2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Are Things?
-Kurt
post Sep 26 2004, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,318

Things here are just fine, it's all normal.

How about you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 26 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

I'm fine Little Billy,

How about you?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
cait
post Sep 26 2004, 10:56 PM
Post #3

Social Introvert, Sporatic Poster

Member No.: 747

I'm not happy. *pouts* Friends tend to have this thing about either moving away or acting like they don't and never did know me. And having no friends tends to suck.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Sep 26 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #4

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I am a jealous little person. I am sitting inside a pessimistic bubble and sneering at people. Not entirely without humor, though. wink.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 27 2004, 12:07 AM
Post #5

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Spanking!!!

That could be the beer talking, mind... laugh.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 27 2004, 01:39 AM
Post #6

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

*Spanks STD*

Huh? That's not what it means? Oh. Darn.

*Spanks STD*

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
The.Wheezing.Gho...
post Sep 27 2004, 01:46 AM
Post #7

Sex can wait...MASTURBATE

Member No.: 443

Things go alright...You've been making quite a few irrelevent posts today haven't you 'ittle n00b? [edit: meaning -Kurt, of course] you haven't seen 'Posting and you' yet have you? Go watch it and learn the art of posting.

Well back to the asked question. Things are okay....I was really happy but then my friend called me up and it seems I'm going to lose a bet, and it made me feel stupid. Then I got to thinking about the guy I fancy and then I got irritated because he's been acting like a moron...well....since forever I just didn't notice it before...well I did...I just ignored it.

But those are the bad parts, no? The good parts....umm...there was a Brady Bunch Marathon today! biggrin.gif that made me quite the happy duck, and I'm watching In search of the partridge family...and I watched the video from the play I did this summer. It was glorious! But thats about all thats going on about now.

--------------------
Wyatt: Gary, by the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Gary: Ceremonial.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 27 2004, 03:16 AM
Post #8

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Blimey, Wheezing Ghost, I was thinking about you a couple of days ago and wondering where you'd got to. Nice to see you on here again.

Anyway, it's 4:18am and I've just decided that I've had enough studying for the night. You can read that a few ways:

The stuff I've written I'm not very happy with, so a lot of it probably won't end up in the final draft of the chapter, which is bad.

I'm finding time to work on my thesis, which is good.

It's silly o'clock, which is bad.

I went past my target word count for the night, which is good.

I've got the kind of life where I don't need to worry about working tomorrow, so going to bed at this time of night isn't really a problem (good).

Sues will nag me when I get into bed because it will probably wake her up, then she'll complain that it's silly o'clock and why didn't I just come to bed earlier? (not so good)

I'll pretend to be asleep and not listen (amusing).

Right, definitely time for bed now.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 27 2004, 08:25 AM
Post #9

*groan*

Well, I was woken at 6am AGAIN this morning (fourth morning in a row) by my little man. He's poorly, I'm a little hungover and supremely tired.

I have high hopes for this bacon and mushroom roll though, I think it may well be the answer. Ask me again in about half an hour...

*chomps*

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Sep 27 2004, 09:17 AM
Post #10

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Sep 27 2004, 09:25 AM)
*groan*

Well, I was woken at 6am AGAIN this morning (fourth morning in a row) by my little man.  He's poorly, I'm a little hungover and supremely tired.

I have high hopes for this bacon and mushroom roll though, I think it may well be the answer.  Ask me again in about half an hour...

*chomps*

How was the bacon & mushie roll?

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 27 2004, 09:34 AM
Post #11

It was the answer!!! I swear there is nothing in this world that bacon can't solve. biggrin.gif

Only missing mayonnaise because some git used the last of it and put the empty jar back in the fridge. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Sep 27 2004, 09:38 AM
Post #12

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Sep 27 2004, 10:34 AM)

It was the answer!!! I swear there is nothing in this world that bacon can't solve. biggrin.gif

Too much salt in your diet. Bacon's certainly not the answer to that.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 27 2004, 09:51 AM
Post #13

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

Hello.

I've got to get a payrise today.

As a result, I'm terrified. But my ex is offering to be a Minister for Senseless Violence and aid me in a coup. That's always handy.

T'other half drunkenly showed up on my doorstep at 2am. That was not welcome. He claimed he text me (lies!) to let me know, when I went to check, he just left. Bizarre and annoying. That'll be a fun conversation this evening.

So. I'm a little ball of stress today. Thank you for asking.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
-Kurt
post Sep 27 2004, 12:51 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (The.Wheezing.Ghost @ Sep 27 2004, 01:46 AM)
Things go alright...You've been making quite a few irrelevent posts today haven't you 'ittle n00b? [edit: meaning -Kurt, of course] you haven't seen 'Posting and you' yet have you? Go watch it and learn the art of posting.

I go on 100s of forums, and know how to post, thanks.
mad.gif

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 27 2004, 01:26 PM
Post #15

Not all forums are created equal. This one has different rules and guidelines to many other places on the internet.

Kurt, the general rule of thumb is that you should add some content to a thread when posting, something that so far you really haven't done.

I know that's not the way that most of the internet runs, but I try to encourage people to communicate about themselves, their lives, and things that are important to them. One of the ways to do this is to try and write a bit more in your posts.

The reason that your thread annoyed TWG was that it essentially had no content about you in it. There is also the point that so far out of your 15 posts you've started five threads and probably posted less than 100 words in total on the whole forum. This does suggest that you are not actually adding any information, but that instead you are spamming.

Have a look around on this forum and see what the usual posting style is and try to work your own ideas into that manner of posting.

Here's a very quick guide about how to know when you've not posted in the 'Matazone style':

1) your post is four words or less.

2) your post is purely a reaction, e.g. 'hehehe', or 'that's funny'.

3) there is no information about yourself, an opinion you hold, or support offered for another member of the forums.

Occasional exceptions to these guidelines are fine, constant overstepping of them is a problem. If this all sounds like far too much hard work then this isn't the forum for you. I don't want to sound offensive, but this is just the way that this place works. This is not Newgrounds; there are many people here who come to discuss their lives and interests with others who want to share their experiences, and so the Newgrounds four-words-or-less posting style is not the way that this forum works. That's just the way it is here.

For more information on this subject please refer to here:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=4454

As you can see by looking at that, you've broken pretty much every recommendation immediately, so please either adapt to the slower pace of life on here or find a forum that appreciates your frenetic pace of posting.

EDIT: In the time it took me to write this you have posted six times. This would be an indicator that you’re really not putting much effort into contributing to the forums, you are only a spectator. It’s time to get involved!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 27 2004, 03:29 PM
Post #16

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Jeez. How long did it take you to post that, brodie?

I'm enjoying my visit to my uncle's. It's been cool and my cousin's adjusting well to his new meds. Unfortunately, though, I decided to share the guest bed with my brother instead of crashing on the coutch and he elbowed me in the ribs at six and I couldn't get back to sleep. I then spent the next hour or so recalling bad memories I thought I had forgotten. >_<

And don't worry, Mata and Wheezie. Chances are -Kurt will outgrow spamming. I did.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Sep 27 2004, 03:33 PM
Post #17

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (Righteous @ Sep 27 2004, 03:29 PM)
And don't worry, Mata and Ghostie. Chances are -Kurt will outgrow spamming.

I hope so! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Sep 27 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #18

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Well I'm just dandy, thankyou very much for asking, and also in the city where said comic (Dandy) is originally from. Things are going smoothly and quickly (our two hour maths lecture today lasted forty minutes... Huzzah!), and I'm meeting plenty of new and interesting people. Two more stunningly attractive ladies turned up at my door last night at random, so I'm really starting to get in to the whole student thing. Must say I appreciate all the good people I'm meeting, even if most of them aren't on my course, or in my flat. Aside from that, normal life is peachy too. Just spent the weekend home in Glasgow getting progressively more drunk until I had to take the day off on Sunday just incase I started spilling vodka and guinness out of my ears. And on top of that, I'm getting a rather large amount of money through for my student loan quite soon, so in another few months I can get my very own PC, with added gaming godliness as standard. Huzzah!

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
-Kurt
post Sep 28 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Righteous @ Sep 27 2004, 03:29 PM)
And don't worry, Mata and Wheezie. Chances are -Kurt will outgrow spamming. I did.

Jee, I am honestly not meaning to spam!

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Sep 29 2004, 01:09 AM
Post #20

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Well, you're doing a pretty good job for not trying. Need I talk about the Elvis topic?

Anyway, to avoid the spam, I'll respond: I'm alright... not a lot going on. I'm still slightly turned on by some goings on, but that could be from a general lack of sexual contact as of late. Oh so horny. But ah well. Anyway, other than that... life is hectic what with the play, marching band, literary magazine, quiz bowl, and all other manner of extracariculars... I've been having trouble finding time to breath and blink. Coffee helps.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Sep 29 2004, 01:27 AM
Post #21

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

So I'm quite alright. Glad (and bummed, I won't go into detail about that) at the same time to see that Emily isn't upset with me.

I really don't know what to say, sorry. I'll just say that for now I'll be alright, and I'm alive (but not bragging).

Good post Mata, even I read all the way through, and I'm notorious for not reading through posts.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 29 2004, 08:18 AM
Post #22

There is a correct level to be found between never spamming and still having a bit of a laugh. If people are regularly posting longer posts then there's no harm in them occasionally being able to post a couple of spam-ish things here and there for fun, this is only a problem when new people get the idea that that is fine as their entire canon of posts.

Regular people should be able to post a line of appreciation occasionally without others shouting 'SPAM!!!!' at them, but like I say, it does need balance and understanding for this to work.

On topic:

Today's not got off to a cracking start. After working 'til 5:30am on the new animation (which I'm really happy with), I must've either slept through or slapped the alarm clock when it went off, consequentally Sues has only just left for work that she was supposed to be at half an hour ago. Oops!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 29 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #23

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Ive been rather stupid the last couple days. I've gone looking for things that I know will upset me and put me into a rotten mood. Here's hoping the insanity is passing because I really can't afford the time from work and school for a good temper tantrum.
October, when I get a day off, then I can afford a good temper tantrum. tongue.gif
With beer. smile.gif
Lots and lots of beer. biggrin.gif
And all the stupid human tricks that occur when out with friends at a pub. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Sep 29 2004, 05:29 PM
Post #24

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Sep 27 2004, 08:25 AM)
*groan*

Well, I was woken at 6am AGAIN this morning (fourth morning in a row) by my little man.

Wait - are you talking about your penis or your baby? It is the baby, right?

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 29 2004, 05:38 PM
Post #25

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I got turned down for a better-paying job because I didn't call soon enough. Why? Because I was in Georgia! I got screwed royally and it wasn't by Spiffy.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:10 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!