IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Have You Seen Today?, anything interesting?
Ashbless
post Sep 29 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

Any biggrin.gif or huh.gif moments?

I saw the coolest thing. Someone had taped sidewalk chalk to their rollerblades and skated all over a cull-de-sac. These wide swooping circles in primary colours. Made me smile.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 29 2004, 03:23 PM
Post #2

There's a natural grassland park in the north of Calgary. Now grass in autumn turns beige but this park, all grassland and small shrubbery, is a riot of colour. Golds, yellows, reds and even burgundy as well as a bit of beige. It's like a giant patchwork autumn quilt. It's really attractive.

I also nearly got a porcupine. The not so little critters are nearly totally fearless. Not to many things will tackle and kill a porcupine because of the quills. So this daft thing walked right out onto the road, from the park, to go investigate a storm drain. I swerved and missed and I swear the thing looked up, shook it's fist and muttered something about 'dratted fool drivers - don't they know how to drive anymore?.' laugh.gif Well, okay, not really.

--------------------

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Sep 29 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #3

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

tehe that sounds fun!

Also that park sounds gorgeous!! Autumn hasn't really set in up here, I don't remember autumn here last year but I seem to remember lots of crunchy leaves on the cycle path I walk along to the train station so hopefully I have that to look forward to!

All I've seen today is some wallsa mart board (like a white board only with a projector and sensors so you can write on it and save it to the computer and run computer progs on it and stuff) and a 20 minute long queue in the post office! Great fun!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 29 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #4

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I saw a 50kg bee hive and it was the size of a small child.

Okay - I saw it on television but I still saw it!!!

I also saw my hair stylist.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 29 2004, 09:24 PM
Post #5

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

I saw this. And it made me laugh (conversation between me and a friend):

Him:Have you killed Marveen yet?
Me: Not yet. I've tried, but she's resilient.
Him: What kind of a stupid f**king name is Marveen anyway?
Me: Who calls their child MARVEEN?
Me: The Scottish.
Him: "Oh, darling, she's beautiful!" "No, you squeezed her from your g*sh and she has a face just like it. Let's give her a stupid name. How about Marveen?" "Oh, that's beautiful!" "Don't make me set fire to your face."
Me: Bwahahahahahahaha!
Him: This is how I imagine all stupid names come about.
Him: "Darling, I'm very sorry, I've given birth to a s**tfaced little ratpump." "Okay. We'll call him Gavin." "Brilliant!"

Not quite the same, I know, but it pulled me out of a poo mood and I felt it should be immortalised.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Sep 30 2004, 03:05 AM
Post #6

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Someone peed in a sprite bottle at lunch today and went around asking people if they wanted some sprite.... the bottle started getting steamy. It was sick. But, intresting, none the less.

I also got tacklehugged by some sophomore I dont know.... the sophomores like me for some reason.... I dont like them, I dont like it when people touch me. Eee.

School scares me. But intresting things happen anyway.

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Astrology Girl
post Sep 30 2004, 03:25 AM
Post #7

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,324

[QUOTE]well, its spring over here in australia, so i suppose the only cool things that i would see is baby ducks and all things cute! laugh.gif

--------------------
genius in the making...almost famous...come back in five years...and i'll be ready.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Oct 1 2004, 01:16 AM
Post #8

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I saw someone break one of those metal folding chairs by popping out the top part. I also saw someone accidentaly get hit in the eye with a rubber band, and sixteen-year-olds creaming each other with said chairs.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Oct 1 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #9

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

I also saw someone accidentaly get hit in the eye with a rubber band

I'm always scared of that...

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
tptcow
post Oct 1 2004, 03:20 AM
Post #10

Savior on the Blood Church St. Petersburg, Russia

Member No.: 978

I saw an orchestra concert today, it was pretty fun..smile.gif

--------------------
Western Kentucky University
Facebook
Xanga
Formerly: Trumpetperson

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Oct 1 2004, 03:35 AM
Post #11

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

I saw a really spooky scene, when I went to unload animal feed, after dark. The security light was partially obscured by tree limbs, so that it's light formed puddles of light and shadow. And, as I walked in the darkness to the storage shed, a sack of feed over my shoulder... I thought, okay, if someone/something jumps out of the shadows right now, I'm likely to have a heart attack. And there I'd be, in the dark, smothered by a fifty pound sack of goat feed. What a way to go! laugh.gif

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 1 2004, 04:49 AM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I saw someone who accidently helped me to commit a "crime" (long story and it was a bogus charge, hence the quotations). Fortunately for the both of us, though, I got off with an overnight stay in county lockup. We both cracked jokes about it.

I saw this gorgeous chick come into the gameroom and hang out with the nerdier crowd. That never happens!

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Oct 2 2004, 07:05 PM
Post #13

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

I saw a cyclist being chased _almost_ into a canal by the smalles poodle I've ever seen. If only it had been all the way.

Disclaimer: This was actually a few weeks ago, don't sue me or anything because the thread title is 'What have you seen today?'.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 2 2004, 07:22 PM
Post #14

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Well, as long as we're on Moop's note, I once was at a party and that one guy at every party who passes out halfway through it was asleep on the couch (I came in the middle just to say hey to some cats). The guy on the couch stood up, walked five paces, pissed and walked back to the couch like nothing happened. We stood there stunned. I don't remember whose house it was, but I'm sure he/she was pissed (no pun intended) the next morning.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 2 2004, 11:33 PM
Post #15

I saw an owl sitting on a streetlight against the backdrop of the sunrise. I tend to notice wildlife because I live in an urban sprawl. Beautiful sunrise this morning.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dancing hamster ...
post Oct 5 2004, 09:52 AM
Post #16

Our UAV is online

Member No.: 1,304

I saw a dead-half-decayed badger on the roadside this morning on the way to college (second one in the last few days) - didn't smell to good!

+Quote Post
atom842
post Oct 6 2004, 12:17 AM
Post #17

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Member No.: 1,338

I saw a documentary in the making sort of deal today. It was neat. I also saw a neat picture of the surface of Venus. That was neat too. Planets and documentaries are both pretty neat I guess.

--------------------
I feel as though I'm casting my ideas blindly into space,
then sitting by the radar array,
awaiting a reply.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 12 2004, 06:23 AM
Post #18

I saw Sting and Annie Lennox in concert. I think Sting had a bit of a cold or something as his voice didn't seem to be 100%. Of course, that could just be how he sounds live. Overall a good time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Oct 14 2004, 09:52 AM
Post #19

I pull the wings off god

Member No.: 1,340

I saw a 'student house to let' sign with the house blacked out and an 'I' between the 'o' and the 'l'

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Oct 15 2004, 12:11 AM
Post #20

Don't know if it was today, neh, it was yesterday, but oh well. The sky in the morning was absolutely beautiful as the sun rose, with lots of orange. Now, if only it weren't 6:30 am and the beginning of a school day...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artemisia
post Oct 15 2004, 02:16 AM
Post #21

never enough yaoi in the world...

Member No.: 783

Today I saw a middle aged man sitting on the sidewalk, rocking back and forth, with his hat out for coins in front of him. He was sitting right beside the door to one of Kingston's expensive AVEDA spa salons. It made me think.

+Quote Post
jicama
post Oct 15 2004, 02:30 AM
Post #22

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Member No.: 46

every day i go to work i see a piece of graffiti on a wall. it says in big bold, dare i say proud letters "POOPHEAD". makes me laugh.

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Oct 15 2004, 02:36 AM
Post #23

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

We washed down the front porch today, with bleach, soap and lots of water. One of the cats (A red and white one), kept coming back to check on our progress, sticking her head up briefly (long enough to see that things were still wet), then would duck back down again. She did this five or six times, her curiosity at war with her hatred of getting wet. It was so funny!

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Oct 15 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #24

I pull the wings off god

Member No.: 1,340

I saw little spikes sticking out the front of my right shoe this morning, and I wondered, where the hell did they come from, then I remembered that I kicked a hedgehog on the way home from the pub last night

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Oct 16 2004, 01:55 AM
Post #25

Two little boys on bikes bidding each other goodbye, and one wished the other happy birthday. Thought it was sweet.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:40 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!