IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lazy Saturday Afternoon, (what do you do with your day off?)
beleraphon
post Oct 2 2004, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Has too much time on their hands

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,001

Its raining really hard outside and I've decided that being indoors with the heating on, a good book, two cosy, comatose cats snuggled up next to me one the sofa and a coffee is one of the simple pleasures in life.

This evening is Noise & Industrial at a nearby pub, but thats not till about 8pm so I have loads of time for getting sorted.

All in all, its a good sort of lazy saturday for me.

Just wondered, what goes into a perfect 'lazy day' for everyone else?

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Oct 2 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #2

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Ohh - I don't often get lazy days and when I suddenly find myself with spare time I generally don't know what to do with myself! rolleyes.gif

Probably a day to pamper myself. Give myself a manicure and a pedicure. Have an obscenely long bath. Then a take away and perhaps down the pub with some friends for a couple of drinks and a chat.

Yup - that'd do it for me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Oct 2 2004, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

Today, I have shopped.

I went to look for new trousers, and in the trying on of strange hipster things, I come out declaring: "These are all very well and good, but look! You can see my pants! My boring scabby pants. And my fat belly, and no-one wants to see that..." as I flash my underwear and aforementioned belly to my friend.

Suddenly, this horrendously attractive man who I've fancied the pants off for ages pops his head up from a rack of trousers, and comments on my scabby pants. Cue "Um. Right. And I had no idea other people were in here... And I think I'll just go back in here now" before slinking back into the changing rooms...

Very funny. Very embarrassing.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 2 2004, 06:11 PM
Post #4

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I usually just bum around and call people. Occasionally, I'll go out and if I have money, I'll do something with my friends.

More often than not, though, I go online and visit this one really cooky forum...

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Oct 2 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #5

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

QUOTE (Righteous @ Oct 2 2004, 06:11 PM)
More often than not, though, I go online and visit this one really cooky forum...

Is that the same one where everyone hates you, but you carry on spouting your crap nonetheless? Or is it Matazone?

tongue.gif

(Seriously, joke)

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 2 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #6

Shut up, noob!

It's the one with this really goofy guy from London who is more interested in my Johnson than my girlfriend is. tongue.gif

But seriously, this is the premier thing I do when I'm bored. That and watch my brother rearrange his drum kit and talk to himself ("Dude, my drum kit is so righteous," "I'm a dumbass," "Indo-China!"). He's so funny and the best part is, he doesn't try to be; it just happens.

I don't know about you guys, but around here "hanging out with the guys" means going to someone else's house and being bored there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Lorax
post Oct 2 2004, 07:22 PM
Post #7

Superterriffic.

Member No.: 1,052

I typically hang around Matazone, draw, chat on various instant messengers, and then watch movies until I pass out....and eat somewhere inbetween...

But today I'm going to the mall again. With no money. Like I do most fridays. (Unless the folks are bored). So, yes. Typical teenager.

--------------------
[center]Lets all get drunk, tonight.[/center]

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 2 2004, 10:44 PM
Post #8

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Err... Generally I work. If I give myself time off then I will try to play computer games or read a book, but because most of my books are related to my thesis then this isn't really classed as relaxation.

I started this site as a thing to do in my spare time, so it's not really surprising that I find myself drawn to working here even when I'm really tired.

I also spend quite a lot of time reading the messages on here.

It's 23:45 on a Saturday night... So I'm going to start working on the site again! Hurrah!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 2 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #9

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Day off? huh.gif Do those exist? unsure.gif wacko.gif

My next full day off is October 9th. It'll let me catch up on reading and maybe eat turkey somewhere. My next day off is October 11th and I'm heading out to see a concert. Sting/Annie Lennox are playing Calgary. Then I think I get a week off in December before starting a second job - this one unpaid.
Edit: I'm driving out to Saskatchewan on Monday the 11th. 4-5 hour drive out that morning and then back that evening to work the 12th. Family gathering. tongue.gif
Minutes or any hours off I spend here at Matazone, playing computer games, nattering on the phone or having a bath. I've started taking homework reading into the bath though so I don't think I'm really totally relaxing. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Oct 3 2004, 12:21 AM
Post #10

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Day OFF? DAY OFF? We have show opening! There is no day off! I spent 8am-7:00pm in the highschool auditorium doing spotlight/special effects practice for our play. Psh, day off. I have to go back at 2 tomorrow. tongue.gif

Lazy days? Haven't had one for a while. Eat. Sleep. Computer. More sleep. More eat. More sleep. Computer. That's about it. Maybe comic books.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Oct 3 2004, 01:10 AM
Post #11

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

Saturdays off? Yeah, I'd be so lucky. I work Saturdays, until 5:30, then I'm off making the most of my Saturday night. sad.gif
But, if it makes any difference, on Sundays I listen to borrowed CD's (thus widening my musical knowledge), read books (literary knowledge) eat (chinese, preferably) and have long baths. With lots of bubbles. And listen to my friends recover from hangovers 'cause I don't get them!! Bwahahahaa ph34r.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 3 2004, 02:00 AM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

Very rarely do I get a whole day off. Normally I'm either working or going to university. I get some off-time at uni to hang out and chill with some of the guys, get some rice with Al aka Kung Fu, James aka S.L.A.M. (Short Little Asian Man) and Myron aka the Black Knight and stand around and make fun of each other for our varying ages and races.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Oct 4 2004, 02:26 AM
Post #13

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

It's the one with this really goofy guy from London who is more interested in my Johnson than my girlfriend is. 

laugh.gif lol hey! not true!

and day off?

what day off?

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Oct 5 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #14

Secret Electric Pants Buffer

Member No.: 559

I have days off all the time, and I like to do what all people like to do- music, books, computers, games, that sort of thing. Recently though, I've been looking into a few specific projects to soak up all that free time.

--------------------
George Bush- the world's worst winner.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Oct 6 2004, 11:40 AM
Post #15

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

What kind of projects? And what job gives you days off all the time? I want it. smile.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:08 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!