Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My First Thread, just an interesting little story
El Nino
post Oct 6 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #1

I pull the wings off god

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,340

Okay I read an odd little magazine (Bizarre) and I sent a letter to them about where I used to work which went something along the lines of "they say when hell freezes over and hell is is place on earth well it is and it has and its a freezer warehouse in frimley I should know I worked there for years" and they actually printed it (issue 72) so when I got kicked out I thought to myself that I've just got kicked out of hell and survived owzatt.

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 6 2004, 05:30 PM
Post #2

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

What in God's name are you talking about?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Oct 6 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Because I can @ Oct 6 2004, 05:02 PM)
Okay I read an odd little magazine (Bizarre) and I sent a letter to them... and they actually printed it

Was it heavily edited?

Welcome to the forums.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 7 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Oi Moop! I've got this one. evil.gif laugh.gif

*Duct tapes 'Because I can' to the ceiling.*

Welcome to Matazone.

On a more relevant note, that's cool that you've been published somewhere. Was it in the letter's section or in an article?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Oct 7 2004, 10:48 AM
Post #5

I pull the wings off god

to Hobbes no it wasn't heavily edited because the magazine is just like that and to Ashbless I don't know whether being duct taped to the ceiling is a good thing or not and it was in the letters section but to the both of you thanks for the welcome

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Oct 7 2004, 02:45 PM
Post #6

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Being duct-taped to the ceiling is pretty much the standard welcome. Unless you happen to introduce yourself in the issues forum in a less-than-intelligent way. Then the standard is light flaming with swift rebuttals of your every comment. tongue.gif Welcome and hope you like the forums!

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Oct 7 2004, 04:30 PM
Post #7

I pull the wings off god

hey I've just been reading the "origins"? of the sticking noobs to the ceiling with duct tape and they used to get cake & pie when they got stuck up there when that happenned. I like cakes & pie as much as anybody else.

--------------------

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Oct 7 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #8

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

ahh well you see you need to introduce yourself properly in the introductions forum to get the cakes tongue.gif

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
exceptional1709
post Oct 7 2004, 05:00 PM
Post #9

Incapable of normal thought

Member No.: 1,344

I got taped to the ceiling and got a cookie smile.gif Yum...

*munching sounds*

Where were you reading the origins of this strange custom, "Because I can"? I'd like to know too!

--------------------
Official Beanbag-monger for TRIBE WYVERN (Visit us here!)
VOTE MR SB FOR FAVOURITE ANIMATION! (Go here to vote!)
--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--
Proud owner of a Violet Scuttler from the Tribe Wyvern lab. Not for rental or resale.
Mata loves us, this we know. Because the forums tell us so. All our souls to him belong. We are weak but he is strong
Always read the small print. You never know what it might say. You're leaving your brain open to subliminal messages. Being paranoid is good.

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Oct 8 2004, 10:46 AM
Post #10

I pull the wings off god

Well that's why I put quotes around origins and followed it with a question mark because there didn't seem to be an explanation that I could find. I guess it just sort of happenned, I got a cake and a really large cookie after introducing myself in the right place though, which was nice

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 8 2004, 12:33 PM
Post #11

I went untaped. I think it warped my development.

--------------------

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 8 2004, 01:40 PM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I went without a taping as well. Ha ha!

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Oct 8 2004, 04:37 PM
Post #13

I pull the wings off god

Well Ashbless this is your lucky day cause I built a time machine, went back to when you first joined taking a nice large roll of duct tape with me and taped you to the ceiling myself. Hope that helped

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 8 2004, 07:27 PM
Post #14

At least I'm close to the furniture I taped up there in my welcome post.

*Slips out handy swiss army knife thingy and cuts herself loose*

wink.gif Need room on the ceiling for the Noobs. Would you believe we ran out of space for a while? blink.gif It was terrible *shakes head sadly* simply terrible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Oct 11 2004, 12:34 PM
Post #15

I pull the wings off god

Wot no noo noobs that does sound terrible but at least you mustve saved some money on cookies, cakes and pies, etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 11 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #16

I'm pretty sure goodies were given out but Noobs started to be taped to random walls and pillars. Not so pretty.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 08:04 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!