IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Number 5., And why it should be banned.
Snugglebum the D...
post Oct 10 2004, 10:56 PM
Post #1

F*cking with the best since 1996

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 962

I hate writing the number 5. My hand just seems to go into a spasm every time and it goes all pear - shaped. So, I just don't like it very much. I don't like writing Worcestershire either.

I want to know if there are certain numbers or words that you dislike to write. Typing doesn't count, by the way.

On the flip side - tell me what word you do enjoy writing. For example - Merseyside just flows from the pen for me.

(sorry about the county naming thing - I spend a lot of my time writing about counties in my job)

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Oct 10 2004, 10:58 PM
Post #2

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I have such bad handwritting I can never make it look like a 1. Its either a T or 7 when i put a head on it. Or if I just do a straight verticle line people think its and l or i.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
The Lorax
post Oct 10 2004, 11:32 PM
Post #3

Superterriffic.

Member No.: 1,052

Dotting 'I's. I haven't done it for years....7 is a problem for me too....looks like a Z or an I when I do it so I put a line through the middle.

--------------------
[center]Lets all get drunk, tonight.[/center]

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Oct 11 2004, 12:10 AM
Post #4

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Please don't ban the number 5! I can only wake up with the clock ending in a five or 0... you'd kill me!

Anyway, I hate cursive Qs and Zs. Ban them.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
The.Wheezing.Gho...
post Oct 11 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #5

Sex can wait...MASTURBATE

Member No.: 443

I hate writing a captial cursive B...it's in my last name but every time I write it, it looks odd...like an O or some non-exist letter...

--------------------
Wyatt: Gary, by the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Gary: Ceremonial.

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Oct 11 2004, 12:31 AM
Post #6

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

I hate cursive anything... I usually write in non-cursive....

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
o0fish0o
post Oct 11 2004, 02:58 AM
Post #7

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,353

i really dislike the word banana, while the fruit is tasty the word has too many a's for my liking....

--------------------
It's a little known fact that cheese is the supreme master and overlord of the universe.... sneaky sneaky cheese....CHEESE!!!!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 11 2004, 03:00 AM
Post #8

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I hate cursive in general. The only cursive I know is my signature. I also can't write certain words in lower case or rather have difficulty doing so. WHeN I wRite, it Looks Like this. I Am Not JokiNg. The Quick BRown Fox JumPs oveR the LazY BRowN Dog.

It's especially bad with the letter "Q." I CANNOT write a lowe case Q. When I absolutly have to, I spend about thirty to fourty-five seconds on it. My biology teacher in the ninth grade was a hardass and I had to train myself to be able to write in lower case.

I do enjoy writing out "Righteous." It comes out well.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
lygophilia
post Oct 11 2004, 03:58 AM
Post #9

Wanted: Meaningful Overnight Relationship

Group: New Members
Member No.: 634

There aren't any numbers that I dislike writing that I can think of, but I do dislike most odd numbers. huh.gif

Even numbers = good

Odd numbers (save ones that end with a 5) = evil

Yes, including 7. Seven is an evil number... in my book, anyway.

I don't mind 5's because it's an easy number to count by. 5, 10, 15, 20... You learn to count to 5 before learning to count to 10, which was my favorite number when I was younger. Now I like 69. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Blog Site DeviantArt
Don't give me that kinkier-than-thou attitude!
If you are feeling good, don't worry. You'll get over it.
Prejudice is wrong; you should hate everyone the same!
We are born naked, wet, and hungry, then things get worse.
Get your mind out of the gutter, you're blocking my periscope!
Some mornings it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!
People say that everyone has a few skeletons in their closet, but I don't. Not yet anyway. The bodies are still decomposing.
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there!

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Oct 11 2004, 04:03 AM
Post #10

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

Sometimes, I agree with The Wall. "No dark sarcasm in th classroom... Hey! Teacher! leave them kids alone!" So often, what passes for teaching is actually the attempted impressing of cynicism and Personal preferences on a new generation.

A bit off topic, to be sure... But, we all, I think, have stories of being 'Differently abled' from our classmates, and being forced to try to conform to an artificial standard, when we were doing alright to start with...

Forgive me if I ramble. I'm getting tired, and signoff time is right around the corner...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Oct 11 2004, 04:18 AM
Post #11

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Rather sadly I never cross my t's or dot my i's. And for some reason my K's and R's are almost identical, as are my f's and l's--this is unfortuate. I only ever write in cursive; it's faster. And if you're puzzling over how I get an f and l to look the same, don't bother, it confuses me too. I don't like the letter Z so I frequently replace it with a S. Q is an ugly colour. I hate to write the words crackle, munch, chuckle, or Massachusettes. Luckily that doesn't come up much. I don't like odd numbers. Repeating numbers are the best.

Quoth: what the...?

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 11 2004, 04:32 AM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

If you're referring to "The Wall", it was an album by the band Pink Floyd that came out in the late seventies and was made into a movie in the early eighties. The references to dark sarcasms and classrooms comes from vocalist/bassist Roger Waters's hellacious experience in school as he was growing up.

Otherwise, school sucked and you were hit with rulers of you held your pencil differently or, in the case of many of my left-handed friends, dare to write with the devil's hand.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Oct 11 2004, 09:23 AM
Post #13

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Yes, please please please ban the number 5. For some reason whenever I try to write a 5 it gets translated into an F somewhere between my head and the pen, no matter how much I concentrate sad.gif .

Also ban the 1, like Mr Teapot said it always ends up looking like an l or an i (or being written over to try and make it look more 1 like so many times the paper wears through).

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Oct 11 2004, 10:31 AM
Post #14

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Anyway, I hate cursive Qs and Zs. Ban them.

No! Those are so much fun!
My 5s are terrible, my 1s are just straight lines. My 5s...I can't do that vertical line thingy, so I skip it a lot, or make it too long or too short. Dotting my Is has been a problem - the dot usually gets lost and I have to redo it. I mostly write in print - my cursive starts to look like just a lot of loops after a while. My print is also neater, and even THAT is bad. Hmm... fun things to write? Ess-tsets, cursive Qs and Zs (for my print Qs, most of the time they end up cursive Qs amongst print - the lowercase ones at least)... Fs are fun, and I loooove writing Ys.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 11 2004, 02:02 PM
Post #15

Shut up, noob!

For some reason whenever I try to write a 5 it gets translated into an F somewhere between my head and the pen, no matter how much I concentrate

Yes! Yes! I thought I was the only person that happened to.

--------------------

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Oct 11 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #16

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Hmm... fun things to write? Ess-tsets

Oh yes, I forgot about them! I don't care if we're not supposed to use them anymore, I still do because it's fun. ^^

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 01:33 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!