I'm looking for you if you're:
- Originally from or currently resident in Canada or the U.S. (excluding Hawaii and Puerto Rico)
- Willing and able to make a recording of your voice and e-mail it to me
What I need for you to do is to record yourself saying this:
Please call Stella. Ask her to bring these things with her from the store: Six spoons of fresh snow peas, five thick slabs of blue cheese, and maybe a snack for her brother Bob. We also need a small plastic snake and a big toy frog for the kids. She can scoop these things into three red bags, and we will go meet her Wednesday at the train station.
I also need you to fill out this questionnaire:
1) Name: (For my own reference only; this will be completely anonymous)
5) City/town of residence:
6) State of residence:
7) Are you a native English speaker?
8) If not, what is your native language?*
9) When did you start learning English?*
10) How did you learn English?*
11) Have you always lived where you currently live?
12) If not, for how long have you lived there?**
13) Where were you born, and how long did you live there?**
14) If you have lived in more than two different places, please provide a brief outlining of where you have lived and for how long:**
* These questions only need to be answered if you answered 7) in the negative. If you did not, ignore them.
** These questions only need to be answered if you answered 11) in the negative. If you did not, ignore them.
If you decide to help me, in which case you're awesome and great and wonderful, please e-mail me at sean (at) urban-freakshow.com with the questionnaire filled out, the sound file attached (preferably in .mp3 form, but I'm not too fussed) and the subject header "Research Response". [We get email reaper programs scanning this site so I've altered your email address to say (at) instead of @ so you don't get bombarded with junk - Mata]
If you can't do this, check back here - there may be other stuff I need you for that doesn't involve recording your voice.
Thanks very much to anyone who took their time to read this far
Edit: Whoops, forgot an important question!