Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Purchases Today!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PsychWardMike
So, buy anything today? What is it? How much? Is it any good? Where'd you find a good deal? Here's the thread where you get to tell us all about it.

Bought some video games: Ratchet and Clank, Mario Golf, Onimusha 2 at Gamespot the other day. Very reasonably priced because they were used. I'm pretty happy with the whole deal, actually.

And today I bought some beef jerky... .99 cents. Good stuff, man. Good stuff.
the lil' pie fairy
I've brought nothing for days...oh, wait, I brought a stamp today. What thrilling-ness rolleyes.gif
mooooooooooopo
I bought (or at least chose) my dads new PC, full of whizzy goodness but still at a sensible price.

Can't really be bothered with a breakdown of the prices because its custom built and it would bore everyone with annoying numbers and details, but bits came from www.overclockers.co.uk and www.aria.co.uk both of which seem to have good prices and plentiful stock.
Ashbless
Will probably buy parking for $5-7 dollars these evening. Not a real deal as I could take transit for about $4 return. Revel in revealed lazy Ash.

Really really tempted to buy pizza. Which is the height of sillyness with leftover turkey feast in the house. Papa John's down the way makes very good pizza but isn't one of the cheaper places. Mmmm, pizza-y goodness.
Spacehappy
Well i bought this lot.

Set of 3 Solid Wood Round Storage Jars.

Solid Wood Roll Top Bread Bin.

Tall/Wide Bookcase/Display Unit.

Quatro Corner TV/Video unit -Beech Effect.

As for value for money Argos still charged me £3.49 for delivery after i spent £99.09 on it!. And yes it's domesticated, but new flat and all that ...
beleraphon
vast quantities of cat-fud.

cat seems to like it, does that count?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
umm..I bought a cheese and onion pasty for 56p from greggs at lunch, it was nice and must've done the job as it's all I've eaten today and I'm still not particularly hungry...yay!
Spacehappy
QUOTE (snoo @ Oct 11 2004, 08:01 PM)
umm..I bought a cheese and onion pasty for 56p from greggs at lunch, it was nice and must've done the job as it's all I've eaten today and I'm still not particularly hungry...yay!

I prefer there Stake bakes smile.gif

/Spam
FishFace
I bought two thirds of my main birthday present!

I thought it was about time I could listen to music on-the-go, so I splashed out on the iHP-120 (With some money from Work Experience, plus saved funds, plus a birthday present's worth)

I bought my current fan, CPU, thermal paste and electroluminescent wire from overclockers.co.uk...
lygophilia
The last things I bought was about a week ago; I didn't have time going shopping the past weekend with my homecoming dance and my last pre-PSAT class. And yes, the dance was kind of fun, thanks for asking. biggrin.gif Back on topic: I bought the new Gothic Beauty magazine; apparantly I missed the last one. sad.gif And I got a compilation of gothic dance music called Dancing on Your Grave; hey, I wanna try a lot of different stuff out, okay?

I think this thread might last a while. I'll keep it alive if no one else does; I love talking about shopping. biggrin.gif
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (FishFace @ Oct 11 2004, 09:15 PM)
I bought my current fan, CPU, thermal paste and electroluminescent wire from overclockers.co.uk...

OcUK are just generally good laugh.gif for some reason they don't sell any Shuttles any more though sad.gif .
DarkInferno
today my purchases have been.....

10x Ultra Bright Blue LED's
1x McD Big Breakfasts.
1x Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin
1x NS rear quarter window for a 306
1x Steel rim for above
2x New tyres for a Vectra
1x Fan for a Solar 80E (ick)
1x Diverter for a Vailent Turbomax.
2x 15-60 Grunfos pumps
4x Honeywell 240V Gas Valve.

been a long day, and my wallet is worse for wear...

woke up to find my missus's car with a hole instead of a rear window. (nothing stolen). so went to get a new one (in her car) promptly hit a pothole and totally buggered her wheel, so fitted the spare... got to the scrappy, got new rim (tyre was fine - new last week) got a new window, cleaned it, fitted it. went and picked up new wheels for my dad's car (he fudged those up last night) then I went to work for a couple hours....

And I still don't have a new wing mirror for my car.. which just cheeses me off..

Should have money tommorow after I fit half the stuff I brought today in customers boilers smile.gif
TehRoxxorCOD
I gave a dollar to a beggar because it was his birthday... and I only had a dollar...

That's sort of like purchasing graditude, neh?
Usurper MrTeapot
Bus pass and chewing gum. Thats all.
LoLo
I bought two tops today. The first top was 30 dollars and is dark red and shows off my cleavage pretty well. The second top was 20 dollars and takes a lot of standing still to keep my bra from completely showing.
Mata
As usual, my day seemed to consist of a lot of money going away from me.

I bought some food (spinach, chicken stock, and French garlic sausage for a diner I fancied making) and gave some money to a busker on the highstreet. He was a one-man-band (do you get those in America?) and rather good. I remember busking when I needed to buy food so I try to give money when I can afford it.

I also paid the overdue water bill, which was a huge amount of money, but otherwise apparently the water company would let us shrivel, and that would be no fun for anyone.
PsychWardMike
Yeah, we have the guys that play instruemnts on street corners. I usually give 'em what I can.

As for Lolo... I rate your purchase as a 11/10.
DarkInferno
I had a friend who busked to make ends meet... sound bloke... so I give when I can (and when I'm entertained)
The entertainment is worth every penny with some.
FurryMammal
QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Oct 12 2004, 12:12 AM)
Yeah, we have the guys that play instruemnts on street corners.  I usually give 'em what I can.

As for Lolo... I rate your purchase as a 11/10.

Topheavy!

[/pointless innuendo]

Today, I gave my ma a lovely scarf I bought for her yesterday from some clothes shop, she liked it muchly, it was a steal at fifteen bob.

Happy birthday ma biggrin.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I bought:

1x return train ticket to Doncaster (from Nottingham) at £11.90
2x bus fare from Doncaster train station to Doncaster Royal Infirmery at £1.10 each

That's it. I have to do this for 20 Tuesdays, overall it will cost me £282 and I don't get my travel expences paid like I was told I would at the beginning of last year (evil evil NHS...making me work for free then not paying for me to get there)
Ginaie
Lo

I bought a (new logo) The Music T-shirt the otherday and it came today. I saw them last wednesday at the birmingham academy. It was about 15 squids me think, and free deliverery. biggrin.gif
Feyliya
Randy and I bought a new microwave today. It's one of those big old ones from the '80s and it came with it's own real wood rolling cart. It works perfectly and it only cost $10! cool.gif Even better, it's replacing our roomie's last one that only had 3 working buttons: defrost, baked potato, and cancel.

We also went grocery shopping. Ended up spending $20 on a Wok set (I cook some really amazing Asian foods, and it's kind of hard to cook some without one). After getting it I thought it might be a tad over-priced but when I opened it up I found out that it's a professional-rate wok and it came with a recipe booklet with a couple of good ones that I didn't already know! It also came with some laquered bamboo chopsticks for show and a set of wooden tongs, also for show. Oh yeah, the food was also pretty cheap, too!

We should be picking up a lamp tonight, also. $7, and pretty nice. Don't know how wonderful a deal it will be as we haven't picked it up yet.

Randy's also foaming at the mouth over this leather chair for $40. It looks great, but I'm not entirely certain it's really leather. We might not end up with it, someone else might have gotten to it already. dry.gif

In case you're wondering, everything but our grocery shopping/wok came from folks on:

www.craigslist.com

Wonderful place it is!
gothictheysay
A Burger King chicken tenders Big Kids meal. blink.gif Well, the toy was fascinating, so I'm cool with it. It wasn't filling enough, though. That's why I had one of those two-pack of Twix, and also bought a roll of spearmints.

Food is good when at school till 8:00... food is also worth walking to the close but far (when it's raining) Burger King...
Quoth(The Raven)
None, actually... Last time was Food shopping=Hohum; Finding food bargains=Fun
Hobbes
Today? Ummm...

Two cans of pepsi at 60p each, from the tea room next door to where I work.
Horrendously overpriced.
Daedalus
Only thing I've bought today is a pizza (and a can of Sprite). It wasn't the pizza I ordered, the bloke on the counter didn't know the difference between '6' and '60', I had to wait for ages (while being subjected to Girls Aloud), I was overcharged and it was overpriced in the first place.

But it was very tasty.
dancing hamster guy
I bought the most amazing cake yesterday - it was a finger roll covered in sugar and inside was fresh cream and cherry syrup .... heaven!
Greeneyes
Two electronic speed controllers and a packet of crisps. Good crisps. Has so much stuff on them they looked furry. Felt furry too. Mmmm...furry.
Artemisia
About 2 weeks ago I bought 3 Koran manuscript pages on Ebay, and the last one arrived today! Pretty exciting. But for me, I think the pursuit of these things is a bit more exciting than the capture. But they look great, and I am happy with them. Today I was random spender: bought food, a mug with my university logo on it, some labels, some Christmas cards, whose proceeds go to Save the Children, whatever that is, some fancy paper at the scrapbook store, some ink, and a Groovey Girls Doll that was on sale and which I will give to the Christmas Cheer Board or whatever they call it here. Woot! I bought 2 charity-related things today! Need to make a note to do that more often, as I love shopping and these are good causes!
Jaq
I haven't bought anything today but yesterday I went and did some grocery shopping of sorts bought black market kraft dinner, 3 yogurts, and a box of cookie cracker things that had orange filling. the taste sensation was... different.

For lunch I had an overpriced sandwich from a very very good sandwich place (they make their own bread)

Also I bought a small pack of Go cards from a convenience store for only 2500 won. They're really pretty, I think I might send them home to my parents.
markslut
I've just bought something very very absurd! I mean what am I going to need this for! wink.gif

Sir Psycho Sexy
showing off your cleavage?

oh wait, that was a rhetorical question....
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I brought a really lovely vest top thingy from Lip Service.

*hopes it gets here in time for the London Mini Meet*
mooooooooooopo
A wireless network card (£15 from eBay) and my uni fees (£far too much, from Loughborough University) *sobs*.

They charge half fees for us to do industry years, it's just so wrong.

*hugs his poor wallet*

Oh, and some cheese, 2 sherbet fountains and a can of Dr Pepper.
exceptional1709
A bottle of mouthwash from Boots (£6.99) and a book of piano music (£3.50, reduced because it's second hand and the last owner seems to have spilt coffee- at least I HOPE it's coffee- all over it).
Quoth(The Raven)
Nothing. And I'm very happy with my purchase. wink.gif laugh.gif
markslut
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Oct 23 2004, 02:47 PM)
showing off your cleavage?

oh wait, that was a rhetorical question....

I do need Cleavage!
beleraphon
Do you get the girl inside the catsuit as well?

If you need cleavge don't do what a friend used to, and used fruit, we had a very bad evning once where the poor soul squashed his satsuma and had a mono-boob for the rest of the night, along with a destressingly orangy nipple!
In the end my socks were drafted in for the emergency, the remaining satsuma was eaten and I got many many blisters from walking round in my goth boots sans socks!
Jaq
Went grocery shopping and got nothing very interesting besides some salted nori. It's a dried reconstituted seaweed snack. I think it's healthy... good for the brain or bones or kidneys or scrotum or something. *shrugs*
Sir Psycho Sexy
A universal power adapter for £9.99 reduced from £14.99, bonus! now i can charge my camera batteries! tongue.gif
Fallen Element
Bought a course book for History... I grudge paying money for books that I have *NO* interest in, but I need it to, y'know, pass my essay and get module credits... Gah.

Fal xXx
markslut
QUOTE (beleraphon @ Oct 24 2004, 12:28 PM)
Do you get the girl inside the catsuit as well?

If you need cleavge don't do what a friend used to, and used fruit, we had a very bad evning once where the poor soul squashed his satsuma and had a mono-boob for the rest of the night, along with a destressingly orangy nipple!
In the end my socks were drafted in for the emergency, the remaining satsuma was eaten and I got many many blisters from walking round in my goth boots sans socks!

I hope she comes with it - though I'd have a fight on my hands - I've had a lot of demands to give the packaging to people for 'recycling'

Hopefully my new and uber uber tight corset should help with cleavage. I've managed it before with bondage tape!
gothictheysay
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here album.

Have not had a chance to listen to it much but obviously it's going to be mindbendingly awesome.
lygophilia
Long black jean skirt where the bottom zips off (twice) to shorten it, complete with zippers, grommets, and lots of D-rings to add chains. biggrin.gif

Also looked at, and will end up buying:

--Awesome black corset tank top with about 5 buckles on the front.
--Black vinyl tank top with decorative silver rings on the front, which will finish my outfit of vinyl: pants, and trenchcoat, and top. Oh, wait. Boots. Oh well, my buckle up combat boots are pretty close. biggrin.gif
--Long red velvet Renaissance-inspired top with huge, draping sleeves with a bit of black vinyl and ties up the front.
--Black The Crow shirt, featuring the lovely Brendon Lee (RIP) on the front, and 'It can't rain all the time' on the back.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
A train ticket to Lancaster (on Thursday) and back (any time in the next month) at £23.55

I'm going to see Dan again biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
A small cuddly bat! which is now attached to my bag. biggrin.gif
markslut
Train Tix from Exmouth to Plymouth (£10.55), Exmouth to London (£20.20!) and Bexhill to London (£13.something)
Snugglebum the Destroyer
A rather lovely matt PVC boned corset. £40.

*looks at bank account*

Ouchie!! sad.gif
Black-Wings
A delicious strawberry 'n' cream frappaccino *yum* biggrin.gif
lygophilia
Weekend Shopping
--Got the vinyl corset tank top thing, only in red instead of black.
--Got a 2005 calender of The Crow! Yay! Brenden Lee wub.gif *sigh*
--When she wants us to stop talking, my awesome English teacher repeats "It's all about me. All about me" until we quiet down. I wanted to get her the Happy Bunny pin that says "It's all about me. Deal with it." But it's an old one, so it's gone. Then I went to some "normal" store, and found they have it as a shirt for $12 when they're $20 at Hot Topic. My mum even paid for it. And for half of the calender. She was gonna pay all of it, until she found out the calender was $13. Hee hee.
--Got the theft device taken of the skirt I bought last week. And Patrick gave me a completely filled up 15% off card because of it! Yaay! ...also found out he has a 1 year old girl. wink.gif That I was not expecting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.