Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Purchases Today!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
elphaba2
I have Batman fabric! 2.5 yards of beautiful grey Batman cotton to be made into a dress (with an honest-to-god pattern!)

Also, pale yellow cotton printed with tiny vegetables that will become snazzy shorts. Also, batik and paisley, just because.

10/10 all round. I love fabric shopping.
indiefreesia87
I bought some painting kits for my kids at school. I work with disabled children and they love painting, so hopefully when I get them out tomorrow they'll be well chuffed. And they were a snip at only 1.99 each.
Star_of_Lei
I bought Memoirs of a Geisha book and film, go me!
Chronotub
sail at the metropolis mail order shop so I ordered
Android Lust - Evolution
Android Lust - Resolution
Autechre - Peel Session
Form - Symbiosis
I,Parasite - Horseslayer
I,Parasite - Turin
O.V.N.I. - Good for You Limited Edition EP

I also bought a bike cus it seems like a nice cheap way to get around when I go uni aswell as good exersise

and last but not least, a pasty for lunch, love a good pasty
markslut

One of those coats in black

These Boots

And these too

Oh and some more Opera/Evening Gloves

(Yay for Birthday Money, Premium Bonds and Ebay Sales!)
elphaba2
A fencing foil!

Goodwillian in origin, $8, beautiful and top quality. 10/10. I think I win.
Moosh
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Aug 5 2006, 09:43 PM) *
A fencing foil!

Goodwillian in origin, $8, beautiful and top quality. 10/10. I think I win.

$8! You win Amy.

I didn't buy anything today.
I_am_the_best
Many bottles of juice (5/5 because I have missed drinking juice)
28 days later sound track (3/5 It's fun but not super-fun)
Fresh cream (4/5 I like Cream. They make me happy but it was 7, and I am poor)
White skirt (5/5 It was only 3.50 from a charity shop and is lovely and floaty)
Almond croissant (4/5 Delicious but since I got to the shop late it was all cold. And not to mention how fattening it probably was... I can feel my stomach enlarging. Bleurgh)
Kitty
DKNY jacket/blazer: 10/10 because it was probably originally atleast 6 times more expensive, and it looks good on me! (paid $10)
Hobbes
1 x Diet Coke @ 60p
1/5 I've barely been able to eat anything the last week or so, and my practically-empty stomach this morning did not take kindly to this drink at all.

2 x Still Water @ 50p each
5/5 Refreshing indeed, but most importantly, my money was put into the hands of my new, young, lady-friend who I am very much crazy about tongue.gif

1 x Chinese Takeaway @ 6
2.5/5 It was nice, and was eaten with good company, but I couldn't eat very much of it and it was too expensive really.
EvilSpork
Those jingly meditation balls... $6.95

I can't put them down, don't know why, but...
I_am_the_best
Poulenc: Orchestral Works (3/5, It's enjoyable but a little too chamber like, I've never been a harpsichord fan and it was 10.99 but I was feeling rich today.)
Daria
Blind Melon- No Rain album- 1.50 5/5- I have been looking for this for a very long time. The wait was worth it!
Mr Teapot's birthday present #1- VERY good buy.
Mr Teapot's birthday present #2- also, a VERY good buy. More details to come (after monday) but both are top marks.
Moosh
Bottle of water - $1.29 4/5 - I was very thirsty but it made me need to use the bathroom at an inappropriate moment

Sony Headphones - $50 5/5 - I've only just tried them and they are excellent

Belt - $25 - 3/5 - It's lovely but it's the smallest size they had and I'm still gonna have to make another hole in it.
markslut
Micro SD card
Rotersand - Exterminate Annihilate Destroy
Solitary Experiments - Mind Over Matter
Voltaire - The Devils Bris
Roobarb and Custard Too - Vol 1
mooooooooooopo
Not so much today, but recently:

One of these: (8/10 due to need to buy spare parts)

and one of these: (10/10 for shinyness)

and a ticket to Crawley juggling festival. (9/10, would be 10/10 without the bruising!)
markslut
QUOTE (moop @ Aug 14 2006, 08:58 PM) *
and one of these: (10/10 for shinyness)

and a ticket to Crawley juggling festival. (9/10, would be 10/10 without the bruising!)

Watch the Joystick on those - they are very troublesome, excellent phone, awful joystick! I now have a Samsung D600 after my K750 joystick stopped working
Moosh
*Ka-bump*

I spent monies today for the first time in ages!

Books:
Introducing Quantum Theory - J.P. McEvoy, Oscar Zarate - 9.99
The Trouble With Physics - Lee Smolin - 25.00
Impossibility - John D. Barrow - 8.99
The Calculus War - Jason Bardi - 16.99

CDs:
Awake - Dream Theatre - 8
Frances the Mute - The Mars Volta - 10
The Heart of Everything - Within Temptation - 9.95
Doolittle - The Pixies - 8

5/5 for all.
Daria
I remember this!
On Saturday, I bought a 100% cotton wrap-around jumper for 20. It is woven with green and light green yarns and it is very snuggly and delightfully heavy. 8/10, though, because it is handwash only D:
I_am_the_best
I bought new head phones today. The lead's kinda short, so it makes me slouch and they have nothing on my old ones. But they do provide music and distance from outside world contact, so.. 3/5

I also bought horrendous amounts of marshmallows with fruit paste inside and praline butterflies for a friend as a thank you. They are awesome, so 5/5.
Witless
I bought myself one of these recently:
It's a 60mm macro lens for my camera, it should arrive wednesday biggrin.gif.
froggle-rock
Matazone pin badges- set of 10! Came in the post yesterday. Thanks Mata biggrin.gif

Hmm, yesterday I bought some uber dark chocolate (88%) and a bag of cashew nuts. Today I shall buy some credit for my Oyster card, highly exciting. I would be cycling to work today but my knee is playing me up and I'd end up doing what I did the other day and cycling pretty much with one leg. It's quite tiring.

Witless, did yo lick it? -the lense?
sirdudly
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife, Sportsman model.
Daria
A chocolate muffin.

10/10- it was moist, it was chocolatey, it didn't smell like fish (some can for some reason) and it was my breakfast.

I would like to add my mozzarella, tomato and pesto foccatia toasty to the "recently purchased" list.

I give it a 6/10. Bit too oily, salty and only lukewarm.
MisterJ
Just a few weeks ago, I bought a pair of Simba V6S-B bookshelf speakers. I use them both for my computer, and my little cd-player, also for when I'm using my computer. I quite like to use this setup for music, because it's almost an event, or occasion to setup and use the surround sound, (and besides, it is setup and adjusted as precisely as possible to satisfy the main seating position (for those of you who read the topic of when I first got my speakers and such, it has changed; speakers have been moved, and I got a nice 30" TV).
Anyway, back to the point, these speakers are actually really nice. They have an excellent sound stage, and surprising bass, although as expected, the dome tweeter isn't all as good as a silk or metal tweeter, but it is still very crisp and precise. My only other complaint is that, there is a small rattle noise with some of the bass, although it is almost always drowned out by the music. (the only way I noticed, is at the beginning of a Korn song, there is a deep bass thumping sound all by itself, but when the music starts, you can't hear it.

Specs: (I'm sorry if I'm boring you, which I probably am, but I am really into audio and such)
5.25" woofer
1" dome tweeter
50-150W rated power
90db sensitivity
30Hz-22kHz freq. response
8 ohms impedance

---Running of Pioneer SA-520 stereo amplifier.

Oops! almost forgot! 8.5/10 for minor flaws. wink.gif
Daria
I gots me some tickets to the Ben and Jerry's festival.
10/10!
7 bands (including the Proclaimers), free icecreams and lots of fun.
sirdudly
I purchased a Mag-Lite and some D cell batteries. It isn't dark enough to test it yet, but I give these things a 10/10
Daria
*BUMP*
My housemates and I bought a twin tub. It gets a 10/10 for everything, including environmental friendliness and I haven't even used it yet (currently Paul is). I can't wait to not have to trek to the laundrette to wash clothes!

biggrin.gif
Moosh
Electronic drum kit + drum stool +drum sticks. 320 9/10

Awesomes. Would be 10/10 but I had to bortrow a load of money off a friend to buy them, 'cos it was a spontaneous purchase. Drums = best instrument evar.
Izzy
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 12 2007, 03:51 PM) *
Drums = best instrument evar.

*wince* dry.gif I'm sorry, but as a guitar player, I have to let you know how so totally wrong you are. The way I see it is like this:
Drums are the heart of music. Their "heartbeat" keeps tempo and allows the rest of the band to be able to properly do whatever they're supposed to be doing. But without oxygen, the heart can't function. Guitars are the lungs that pump oxygen to the heart. They are most important because lungs can work by themselves, while a heart can not. The singer would be the eyes, because they provide a vision of what the song is about. You're able to take the singer out, because even though you'll be blind, blind people can still be awesome (or in this case an awesome instrumental band). A bass would be like the appendix. If you have a good one, okay keep 'em, but it doesn't really matter if you have one or not.

So... Guitar>Drums>Singer>Bass

ph34r.gif
Moosh
QUOTE (Izzy @ Dec 14 2007, 02:27 PM) *

*wince* dry.gif I'm sorry, but as a guitar player, I have to let you know how so totally wrong you are. The way I see it is like this:
Drums are the heart of music. Their "heartbeat" keeps tempo and allows the rest of the band to be able to properly do whatever they're supposed to be doing. But without oxygen, the heart can't function. Guitars are the lungs that pump oxygen to the heart. They are most important because lungs can work by themselves, while a heart can not. The singer would be the eyes, because they provide a vision of what the song is about. You're able to take the singer out, because even though you'll be blind, blind people can still be awesome (or in this case an awesome instrumental band). A bass would be like the appendix. If you have a good one, okay keep 'em, but it doesn't really matter if you have one or not.

ph34r.gif

hitting things with stick > everything
Daria
QUOTE (Izzy @ Dec 14 2007, 02:27 PM) *

ph34r.gif

Totally Vox/ Scratch> Bass> Guitar/Drums.
And I am saying that whilst listening to Idioteque by Radiohead. Which at the moment is just drums and some synths.
EvilSpork
Purchased some MP3s on Amazon (I forgot to search them through here though D:). Included bands: The Skels, Blues Brothers, Son Lux, Gnarls Barkley, Arlo Guthrie, Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Hepcat. After that I did remember to use the search function! And got an Archos 5 internet media tablet which can do loads of cool stuff, like there's a DVR dock that I can purchase for it or a helmet cam that records directly to it so I can record my biking adventures and such (trans-American trail eventually maybe?), along with various other useful add-ons (like GPS navigation). It browses the interwebs and has flash (unlike a certain other touch screen media tablet I know of) so I can keep up on the forums and watch animations along with keeping up to date with RSS feeds. Also has loads of internet TV and radio pre-programmed into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.