Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fairy Over Population Issues
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Ashbless
You may want to tag PCV fairy as well as a keeper. wink.gif

My sanity is safe enough from the fairies wherever it's gotten to.
Cath Sparrow
Mines long gone cant even remember when! But its more fun this way! *wanders off to make devils horns and tail*
Faerieryn
Faeries are good! Faeries are fun! faeries are.... Ooh shiny tag! (easily distracted!)

Now if you wanna cull something really annoying try stamping out typo gremlins!
Ashbless
Jonman Posted on: Jul 20 2004, 05:24 PM

Actually, it just goes to show that you can indeed teach an old dog new tricks. I didn't have a clue what a megrim was. I had assumed it was an exceptionally smug fairy, but thanks to dictionary.com, it seems that I'm wrong.
...useful advice edited out.... wink.gif
In the unlikely event that you are talking about smug fairies, they'll not be so smug after you tape their faces to the bottom of a seagull.

Quote from the wisdom that is Jonman. biggrin.gif So that's another option for the flittering nuisances.
Jaq
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Oct 13 2004, 06:11 AM)
Conversation with a mate today raised an interesting problem regarding fairies.

If happy thoughts and actions produce fairies in large numbers aren't they in severe danger of over populating certain areas leading to mass starvation amoungst their numbers. 
The question therefore arises should we transport them to less fortunate areas or at least those places not plagued by small winged bitey creatures with the irritating tendency to shed glitter everywhere! or should a carefully controlled cull be carried out whenever an excessively positive event occurs.

The darwinist in me is screaming to let the natural laws of maximum carrying capacity take care of the situation. And I am happily listening to that darwinist. Remember children: if we mess with the supernatural, the supernatural messes with us. Also transporting the glittery ethereal little buggers sounds too much like work.
Wyvern
The darwinist in me is screaming to let the natural laws of maximum carrying capacity take care of the situation.  And I am happily listening to that darwinist.  Remember children: if we mess with the supernatural, the supernatural messes with us.  Also transporting the glittery ethereal little buggers sounds too much like work.

Usually I would be quite content with darwinist theory however in this case...
Are you aware how many fairies it would take to reach maximum capacity?
We'd drown in the little pests and Im developing a real violent reaction against glitter in those quantities! Transportation may require effort but it has its rewards *surveys small clear space with satisfaction*

Regarding previous suggestions it has been logged and actioned PCV fairy and Puck are now proud owners of ...ta da!...shiney tags!
See! Im not totally out to get them but by selective preservation I aim to make the situation more bearable and this could also help with the aiding of piskies before they all drown,poor things.
Cath Sparrow
Bump!!!!

INCOMING!!!!!

Red alert! Prepare for incoming influx of fairies!!! Courties of Cassidies Fairy plantation!!!!!
mooooooooooopo
*rigs up big sucky jet engine like device with streamers of duct tape attached*

Just say the word.

Yes, the duct tape has faerie grade glue :-), but don't worry - it has special magnetic bits so those with shiney tags are safe.
Wyvern
QUOTE (Cath @ Nov 22 2004, 07:31 PM)
Bump!!!!

INCOMING!!!!!

Red alert! Prepare for incoming influx of fairies!!! Courties of Cassidies Fairy plantation!!!!!

Oh No not again!

RED ALERT! Everyone take emergancy evasive action!

Bring out the fairy tape, nets, anything!
Stand by people!

All uncullables Make sure those tags are VISIBLE!
the lil' pie fairy
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Oct 24 2004, 07:35 PM)
What about the lil pie fairy?

Hmm...yes fairy number two has been highlighted, how could I neglect to preserve lil pie fairy? My humblest apologies.
*pins shiney tag to lil pie fairy admires handywork*

Shiny!! laugh.gif Oooooo....superglue? *pulls out soldering iron and adopts male gruff accent* Superglue got nothin' on me, mate.

*flies off to weld some people's chairs to the ground*
Wyvern
*staggers in covered in glitter and bits of Christmas tree*

Help! They're back again!

*collapses in small battered heap*

Did anyone notice the MAJOR increase in the fairy population this past week, tinsel covered ones at that! EEP!

All hands stand by your nets!!!!
Faerieryn
Noooo!!!! Faeries are lovely sweet things that spread glitter and love around the world
Misty Rain
[quote=Snugglebum the Destroyer,Oct 12 2004, 09:24 PM]
[quote]If happy thoughts and actions produce fairies in large numbers aren't they in severe danger of over populating certain areas leading to mass starvation amoungst their numbers. [/quote]

Fairy curry anyone?

Mist Rain
Why worrying?
Faerieryn
You can't curry me!!!!!
Wyvern
Ooo! Now THERE'S an idea!!!!

Peri Peri sauce too?
Faerieryn
Curreid FAeries are bad for you. They give you indigestion and their wands get stuck in our throat. Not to mention the spice of faerie dust!
Cath Sparrow
Me is starting to worry about these to meeting in RL! ph34r.gif
exceptional1709
Curreid FAeries are bad for you. They give you indigestion and their wands get stuck in our throat. Not to mention the spice of faerie dust!

Ooh, faerie dust! *eats some* *goes purple and chokes* *falls over*
Faerieryn
Poisonous stuff faeriedust. Be very careful of what colour dust you eat. Purple is choke and dye (yes you go purple!) dust. Green is vomitting until you can't breathe dust. Yellow is laughing dust and silver is... well I won't say what silver does to humans but it is not VERY NICE!!!!!
Wyvern
And people wonder why I call for careful monitoring and control of fairy populations?! blink.gif
Faerieryn
Faeries do not need to be monitored. We (the historical we by the way) we here first!!! tongue.gif
the lil' pie fairy
^ Uh-huh. Respect your elders.

Or we'll spangle you tongue.gif
Faerieryn
I like that idea!!!! BANG!!! You've been spangled!!!
Wyvern
QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Jan 6 2005, 05:18 PM)
^ Uh-huh. Respect your elders.

Or we'll spangle you tongue.gif

Aaargh! Now they are making explosive Spangles!!! ph34r.gif
Faerieryn
Yeah and they sing a little song as they explode
exceptional1709
*wonders whether to hang the Spangles on her Christmas tree next year*

*hears the singing and flees in abject terror*

wink.gif
Wyvern
Just wait my unruly little fairies, just wait!

As soon as I've managed to coax the Scuttler out of the pet shop!!!

*wonders how to achieve this, scuttler seems quite content to eat cheese and be petted by shops customers*

There will be some guidelines set down to prevent the destructive spangling from becoming too widespread! tongue.gif
Faerieryn
Spangles are soo cool thuogh. What the world be like without spangles?
Wyvern
Hmm, Let me see now....

Less spangly?

Full of luscious gloomy corners for me to lurk in! laugh.gif
Faerieryn
But what would the circus folk do without their spangly costumes????
What would dancers dance in?
What would fall off christmas cards and turn up in your hair three weeks later???
Wyvern
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Jan 9 2005, 03:40 PM)
But what would the circus folk do without their spangly costumes????
What would dancers dance in?
What would fall off christmas cards and turn up in your hair three weeks later???

Rats! I do believe you've found the flaw in my plan! mad.gif

Even I might struggle without spangles! Couldn't we just limit production a little so I can keep t least one gloomy, lurky place to relax in?
Faerieryn
Wyvern Darling you know we have to leave some places without spangles otherwise the spangles wouldn't look as spangly!
Wyvern
*breathes huge sigh of relief*

I think I may be the endangered species around here, the fairies are not only multiplying but getting far to clever with their arguements. blink.gif

*wonders if even scuttlers can ever do more than delay the inevitable fairy domination*
Faerieryn
Faeries can't dominate Wyvern don't panic. They like making mischief not descisions!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.