Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternative Uses
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft > Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
dancing hamster guy
After thinking for ages (and I mean ages ) I finally came up with another game, so here goes. Someone thinks of an item and the next person thinks of an alternative use for it - that being despite the obvious!

OK scenario time ....

Person A - CDs
Person B - can be used as frisbees

And then they give an item of their own.

Repeat process.

The starting Item is -

Shoes

(enjoy!)
El Nino
Planting plants in

Sporks
Hobbes
Sporks can also be used as: drum sticks!

Next item: socks
Feyliya
Puppets!

Morons?
Ashbless
I'm sure they'll make good sandbags for regions with regular flooding.

Textbooks.
El Nino
All books are nice burny materials.

Computers
Hobbes
Computers could also be used as highly accurate, well-programmed, bug-free machines to enrich people's lives.

(definitely an alternative use)

Blu-Tak
mooooooooooopo
All the blu-tac in the world can be clumped together into a big ball, launched into space and used as an alternative home planet for the people who don't like it on this one.

Toast.
Hobbes
Butter the toast, and tie it butter-side-up to a cat. Then throw the cat in the air. As it approaches the floor, the cat will be trying to land feet first - but the toast will also be trying to land butter-side down. Because they both always occur, the cat/toast combo. will never land - and just forever spin around and around. This perpetual motion can be used for a new source of electricity.

Next: Cassette Tapes
Faerieryn
The insides of cassette tapes make lovely christmas decorations

Lamp shade
Hobbes
A rain-hat for people that don't like the sides of their head getting wet, but do like the top of their getting wet.

Find another use for:
The Members of Duran Duran
Ashbless
Again with the sandbags? laugh.gif

No, give them jobs in tech. support. Sheer frustration at stupid questions will soon do them in.

Coloured Chalk
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Oct 23 2004, 02:44 PM)
Butter the toast, and tie it butter-side-up to a cat. Then throw the cat in the air. As it approaches the floor, the cat will be trying to land feet first - but the toast will also be trying to land butter-side down. Because they both always occur, the cat/toast combo. will never land - and just forever spin around and around. This perpetual motion can be used for a new source of electricity.

Next: Cassette Tapes

A web comic used just this premise a coupla years back... Wish I could remember the name of it...

Grind up the chalk, and blow the dust on surfaces to be fingerpinted (Not very funny, I know, but all I could come up with...).

Yapping Dogs
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Because I can @ Oct 23 2004, 09:29 AM)
All books are nice burny materials.

Nooooo! Books are sacred! sad.gif laugh.gif

And the topic is still: Yapping Dogs
El Nino
Kill em and you got an OK door stop.

Mobile Phones
Hobbes
Put lots of mobile phones in a circle, their antennae (or approximate location of potential antennae) pointing into the centre. Place an egg in the middle, then make a call on all the phones. Voila! Your egg will be cooked.

Cheese Grater
Dreams On Hiatus
Can be used to get rid of foot fungus! Simply grate your toes until it comes off...

chopsticks
mooooooooooopo
Can be used along with a bit of elastic to make a catapult (by sticking the chopsticks into something and tying the elastic to the ends). This has much the same use as the chopsticks but is more fun to use.

Satsumas.
Hobbes
Play food bowls.

Sausages?
Black-Wings
My dirty mind jumps to something that perhaps I shouldn't say... so I will hold my tongue...

So I guess the topic thingy is still: sausages
El Nino
A string of frozen sausages could be cut up and used as temporary nunchucks.

cheerleader pompoms?
space butler
wigs for poor clowns

pennies
mooooooooooopo
frizbees for hamsters.

lightbulbs
Dreams On Hiatus
Additions to hairpieces.

alarm clock
Hobbes
A pet noise-maker.

Xylophones
mooooooooooopo
False teeth for whales.

Walnuts.
Hobbes
Get hundreds of thousandsof them, and stick them together to form a barrier.

Wallnuts, if you will.

Hahahahahahah...

...hah

Next Item: Hearing Aid
PsychWardMike
It's a huge rock concert with all sorts of bands to fight... deafness?

Monkeys.
mooooooooooopo
With a little training they can make good minions, to make all your evil world domination dreams come true.

Pants (the British kind tongue.gif).
Ashbless
I like Terry Pratchet's idea of parachutes for the Wee Free Men. Mata's kitten commandos could also use 'em.

Pants (american/canadian version)
mooooooooooopo
Cut them in half, varnish them and the legs make good pipes for...um...something. laugh.gif

Weasels.
Dreams On Hiatus
Weasels can be used as a back-washer thing while in he bathtub. <nods>

pumpkins
Hobbes
another use for pumpkins, the tasty fruit? hmmm...

We could, I dunno', cut them up to look scary and stick candles in them or something.

oh...

Failing that, pumpkins could be used as headwear so you look really tanned.

-
Cliff Richard
El Nino
Cliff Richard > Target practice

Blood
mooooooooooopo
Paint.

Safety pins.
Hobbes
Clip lots of them together to make a belt for babies.

Cheese
Dreams On Hiatus
Smear it on oneself to wear as deoderant.

ipods
mooooooooooopo
[edit]
Ooops...I got my games mixed up there.
The headphones can be used to attract muggers, if you wish for the benefits of claming on your insurance and don't mind a bit of pain along the way.
[/edit]

Red Eyes (*shakes fist at dreams on hiatus' avatar* so evil!).
PsychWardMike
Shooting energy beams out of a la the X-Men's Cyclops.

Rectal Thermometers.

(and Moop, this isn't the Rate topic. It's the post an alternative Use.)
mooooooooooopo
D'oh, theres not really a lot to distinguish the 2 except for the number coming first in the post. Apart from at it's line of text, newline, single word.

Can be used (after washing) to teach ones self to play the xylophone (or your pet whales false teeth if you're reading the topic obsessively and actually trying this stuff out smile.gif ) quieter, due to the risk of mercury (or whatever) spilling if one strikes the keys too hard.

Washing lines.
Hobbes
Personal zip wire, across your garden. Weeeee!

Snorkels
PsychWardMike
Used to suck out people's eyes (among other things)

Capcom!
El Nino
As capcom is not an item (therefore not following the initial rule) I will post another.

Spray paint cans
mooooooooooopo
In conjunction with a lighter they make a great compact flamethrower.

Hats with propellers on.
PsychWardMike
Portable Guillotine, baby.

And Capcom works. So I post it again: Capcom.
dancing hamster guy
In what way would Capcom work?!?
mooooooooooopo
Bait for fighting game addicts, in case a large group of people is needed for involuntary experimentation or something tongue.gif.

Dancing Hamsters.
PsychWardMike
Target practice.

Head expody.
dancing hamster guy
can be programmed to attack people who are obsessed with capcom by deafning them with their high pitched voices.....

teddy bears
PsychWardMike
Bombing buildings with a political and theological freference (Cowboy Bebop!)

Otaku.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.