Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bar Code Art
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
saucy_tara
This is so cool, I've never seen anything like it before.. CLICKY LINKY
Dreams On Hiatus
That's nuts! I really like the Jesus one. That is so cool. Who'da thunk you could make art outta barcodes? blink.gif
Smiler
Pretty damn clever. I love the look of the flick book. Thankfully as well, it didn't feature any Newcastle players YAY tongue.gif
Twitching
I was vacationing in North Carolina, and we spent a day in Tennessee and while I was there I saw a guy with a barcode tattooed on the back of his neck, surrounded by green spiderwebs. I thought it was quite nifty.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
That is rather fantastic!!

I believe bar code tattoos (particularly on the back of the neck) became increasingly popular after the Dark Angel series came out.
mooooooooooopo
*points to the cover of the book Jennifer Government for yet more barcode tattoos*

Cool site by the way, I'm a little worried by their obsessive checking that all the barcodes are valid though (at least in the picture from Terminator).
Mata
I seem to remember something about the barcodes on the back of the necks of prisoners in the film Alien 3 being the only thing that remained from the William Gibson version of the script. There's a bit of trivia for you!
Black-Wings
IM WORTH $3.86!!! biggrin.gif
Hobbes
QUOTE (Black-Wings @ Oct 29 2004, 12:54 PM)
IM WORTH $3.86!!! biggrin.gif

*phew* I was about $5.23 I think, and I thought that was sorrowfully low. Now I know I'm not the only one. Hehe.

I like barcodes, for some reason. I think they are clever. And there are some seriously advanced ones now, particularly in the mail/postal industry.
Twitching
biggrin.gif I've added customized barcode tattoos that say "Twitching" and "ambiguity" to my Christmas list. (My mother started nagging me obscenely early because I didn't have a list already. So I've been making one.)
My teachers will have a cow when I wear them to school. laugh.gif
Asenyth
How do you find out how much you're worth?
monosodiumglutemate
barcode art is so cool smile.gif
It reminds me of this one picture in a museum (its the only thing I actually remember from there besides historical rocks) which had something like a family made of barcodes, and there was a basket in front of it with nametags that you could take that said "Hello, my name is: (barcode here)"
eleraama
Yay! I'm $9.16! A real bargain, I might add. By the way, Asenyth, on the front page there's a 'digital: videos and interactive' clicky, and then click on 'Barcode yourself'.
Hobbes
I've got the Jesus barcode art flipbook
saucy_tara
Im only worth $4.86!! And the pound is dead weak against the dollar at the moment so if anyone in the UK wants to buy me I'm an absolute steal!! biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
That is so cool! i'm worth $6.56... well, it excited me at least...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.