Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gank
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
LoLo
I've been trying to revive the use of the word gank......for those who don't know its means to swipe or something like that......so like.......I ganked her boyfriend......would mean that I stole her bf.....I love this word
cheese is funny
its ok... it would sound weird saying it though... or at least i would feel weird saying it... but thats just me...
Free Psycho
No, sorry. I think it sounds too much like skanky. Or something disgusting that starts with g...goo? I dunno...
LoLo
Darn I thought more people would like it...............I'm gonna gank ya all!
MistressAlti
I agree with Psycho, gank sounds too much like skank for me. You know, skank, as in "Get out of my way, you skank nugget!!" or "You're such a skankatron".
LoLo
It also sounds like thank and thats a good word........or spank......or tank.......or blank.......or fank....oh yeah I think I made the last one up.
Free Psycho
LMAO-skankatron!! I'm gonna gank that word...
CrissiLove
I like the word.... smile.gif I had never heard of it before... lol But it sounds cool to me! tongue.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ Apr 30 2003, 08:20 PM)
LMAO-skankatron!! I'm gonna gank that word...

cool you used it!
cheese is funny
whoa whoa whoa! why does everyone have a problem with skank? i love skanking!!!
Free Psycho
It's cause you're not a girl cheese. Holds a different meaning to us, I think.
phoenix
gank is a spiffy word
MistressAlti
Nuggets of skankness... >giggles<
cheese is funny
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ May 1 2003, 04:22 AM)
It's cause you're not a girl cheese. Holds a different meaning to us, I think.

ive seen girls that skank better then i do!... i love skanking... its fun...
LoLo
I emplore everyone to try and use gank at least once tomorrow......lets make it catch on again......it was popular to use when i was a young teenager like 14
MistressAlti
Dunno if I can get used to this gank word, but I shall try.
LoLo
YES ON GANK

This is my new campaign. lmao
CrissiLove
*vows to try to help LoLo in her campaign* LOL I'll figure out a way to use it sometime tomorrow.... smile.gif
leopold
Meh... I guess this is an American thing... I doubt I could get "gank" ta work here wi'out people laughin at me again...

An since we have such good words fer it - swipe, nick, lift, twock - I dunno if addin another would help us any...

Sorry lo, guess I'm not feelin too enthusiastic about the whole gank thing...
prezgfish
I'll gank you

i'll gank you is that supposed to be some kind of threat
Oni Usagi
It sounds like a bodily excretion...

*Ganks all over the floor*
LoLo
QUOTE (prezgfish @ May 1 2003, 12:53 AM)
I'll gank you

When I said it I was only trying to make it sound funny.........cause gank means swipe, or steal, and using it in that form makes absolutely no sense.

When I made this poll (which I still kinda like) I was rather sleep deprived. tongue.gif
CrissiLove
QUOTE (prezgfish @ May 1 2003, 02:53 AM)
I'll gank you

Actually, I think it sounds kinda cute.... lol tongue.gif I like that word!!! wish I had known about it before... just think of all this time I could have been using that word.... I have really been missing out here. smile.gif hehe
ravein
ya got ganked girl smile.gif I miss that word, that is from way back.. that is like sike.. anyone remember sike your eyeball ??? Maybe I am just weird..... rolleyes.gif
CrissiLove
QUOTE (ravein @ May 1 2003, 10:57 AM)
ya got ganked girl smile.gif I miss that word, that is from way back.. that is like sike.. anyone remember sike your eyeball ??? Maybe I am just weird..... rolleyes.gif

"sike your eyeball"...? that like poking somebody in the eye...? *confused* I have just missed all these cool words... lol
MistressAlti
Gank STILL sounds like "Skank". I can't get over this. I think it's an obscure mental disease.
Spacehappy
Gank or ganked meant to ambush or to attack somone unfairly, in the game i used to play, usually 3-4 people against one. wink.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (ravein @ May 1 2003, 08:57 AM)

sike your eyeball? I don't remember that........I remember offering someone something then pulling my hand away when they tried to get it from me and then saying psych!

Anyone remember "homey don't play that"?
CrissiLove
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 1 2003, 11:45 AM)
QUOTE (ravein @ May 1 2003, 08:57 AM)
ya got ganked girl smile.gif I miss that word, that is from way back.. that is like sike.. anyone remember sike your eyeball ??? Maybe I am just weird.....  rolleyes.gif

sike your eyeball? I don't remember that........I remember offering someone something then pulling my hand away when they tried to get it from me and then saying psych!

Anyone remember "homey don't play that"?

I remember that psych smile.gif But I don't remember the "homey don't play that" ... lol
SuperKathoid
that be a cool word lolo
PrincessCadhla
Homey don't play that was from the Show "in living colour" Homey the clown used to hit you with his sock full of nickels and say "Homey don't play that"

what about "tight" like "whoa, dude, that's tight" I think alot of ppl still say it.

I like "Groddy to the max!"
Free Psycho
LOL-I always use groddy cadhla!!
CrissiLove
QUOTE (PrincessCadhla @ May 1 2003, 12:02 PM)
Homey don't play that was from the Show "in living colour" Homey the clown used to hit you with his sock full of nickels and say "Homey don't play that"

what about "tight" like "whoa, dude, that's tight" I think alot of ppl still say it.

I still hear "tight" sometimes... lol and I've actually heard "dude" a lot lately... (*cough* lolo *cough*) hehe

what does "groddy" mean?
Free Psycho
I use it to mean gross. I don't know about everyone else though.
iamtootiredyyyy
hmmm sounds reeeeeeeeeeally weird... biggrin.gif *ganks word*
LoLo
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ May 1 2003, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE (PrincessCadhla @ May 1 2003, 12:02 PM)

I still hear "tight" sometimes... lol and I've actually heard "dude" a lot lately... (*cough* lolo *cough*) hehe

what does "groddy" mean?

DUDE Crissi I have no idea what you're talking about with the whole dude thing dude.
ravein
psych and sike are the same thing.. it got turned into sike your eyeball somehow or another... but homie dont play dat was da best.. we used to keep socks around just so we could nail each other and say that...ahhhhh.. the joys of childhood... biggrin.gif
CrissiLove
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 1 2003, 12:24 PM)
DUDE Crissi I have no idea what you're talking about with the whole dude thing dude.

hehe... that was funny biggrin.gif tongue.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 1 2003, 01:24 PM)

Dude?
Free Psycho
Duude.
CrissiLove
DUDE!!!!! *laughing*
MistressAlti
Did anyone else see that car commerical that had a whole bunch of college-age kids in a car and with full cups of coffee, and all they said was "dude"? And then they come to the railroad tracks and they're like "DUUDE! DUUDE!" because they don't want the car to go over the tracks and make them spill their coffee...

Okay I'm rambling. But has anyone else seen it?
Oni Usagi
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 1 2003, 02:34 PM)
Did anyone else see that car commerical that had a whole bunch of college-age kids in a car and with full cups of coffee, and all they said was "dude"? And then they come to the railroad tracks and they're like "DUUDE! DUUDE!" because they don't want the car to go over the tracks and make them spill their coffee...

Umm...No.
But it sounds like people that would bring me great enjoyment, in there smiting.
Free Psycho
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 1 2003, 02:34 PM)

LOL-yeah. That's old...
MAtt
yah it was a car comercial
MAtt
for like saturn
Free Psycho
Does ANYBODY remember the beer commerical with penguin? And he'd sing "Do-be do-be-do..." It did exist, I tell you!!
MAtt
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ May 1 2003, 11:44 AM)
Does ANYBODY remember the beer commerical with penguin? And he'd sing "Do-be do-be-do..." It did exist, I tell you!!

um no
teeheeeheee
Free Psycho
<glares> Yes you do. Where's cheese when you need him...???
MAtt
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ May 1 2003, 11:47 AM)
<glares> Yes you do. Where's cheese when you need him...???

*throws cheese in a blender*

umm nowhere
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.