Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gank
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Pikasyuu
Hey, I'm going to gank your attraction to the male sex. =X

Just kidding. Aren't I a crackup? Ahahaha..ahah..ehh..
Free Psycho
OMG LOLO YOU'LL BE SO PROUD!!!! I USED IT TODAY!!! AND PEOPLE LOOKED AT ME FUNNY!!! IT WAS GREAT!!! It was kind of weird though, how the opportunity popped up all by itself...
Pikasyuu
I scribbled it on the whiteboard 69 times.
DOUBLEMINDED
gank sounds funny....thank you for reading my post
CrissiLove
the word "gank" is cute tongue.gif
DOUBLEMINDED
i ganked cigarettes from my moms house today hehe..........thank you for reading my post
CrissiLove
QUOTE (DOUBLEMINDED @ May 1 2003, 10:19 PM)
thank you for reading my post

hehe why u keep saying that...? smile.gif
DOUBLEMINDED
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ May 2 2003, 04:25 AM)
QUOTE (DOUBLEMINDED @ May 1 2003, 10:19 PM)
thank you for reading my post

hehe why u keep saying that...? smile.gif

i dont know, sounds funny,and to be polite, like thank you for taking the time tro read what i said..........ok that was all crap i dont know why

dry.gif
CrissiLove
QUOTE (DOUBLEMINDED @ May 1 2003, 10:27 PM)
i dont know, sounds funny,and to be polite, like thank you for taking the time tro read what i said..........ok that was all crap i dont know why

dry.gif

Oh, nooooooo it is polite... *smile* cool too... nobody else says that... smile.gif
DOUBLEMINDED
hehe ty......and thank you for reading my post
CrissiLove
QUOTE (DOUBLEMINDED @ May 1 2003, 10:31 PM)

*giggles* that's funny tongue.gif
DOUBLEMINDED
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ May 2 2003, 04:32 AM)
QUOTE (DOUBLEMINDED @ May 1 2003, 10:31 PM)

*giggles* that's funny tongue.gif

biggrin.gif ty...........and thank you for reading my post
poppa.moo
Not too bad, but ain't used in my general vocablularrary. Must try harder!
prezgfish
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ May 2 2003, 04:14 AM)
the word "gank" is cute tongue.gif

yup is
LoLo
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ May 1 2003, 07:22 PM)
OMG LOLO YOU'LL BE SO PROUD!!!! I USED IT TODAY!!! AND PEOPLE LOOKED AT ME FUNNY!!! IT WAS GREAT!!! It was kind of weird though, how the opportunity popped up all by itself...

I'm so proud!!!! Tell me how tell me how!

People look at me funny no matter if I use the word gank or not. dry.gif
Free Psycho
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 2 2003, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ May 1 2003, 07:22 PM)
OMG LOLO YOU'LL BE SO PROUD!!!! I USED IT TODAY!!!  AND PEOPLE LOOKED AT ME FUNNY!!!  IT WAS GREAT!!!  It was kind of weird though, how the opportunity popped up all by itself...

I'm so proud!!!! Tell me how tell me how!

People look at me funny no matter if I use the word gank or not. dry.gif

LMAO-I know what you mean. Trying laughing at a computer in the middle of the library. Everyone turns to you like WTF...?

Ok, here goes, it was sooo awesome: I was in the library with some peeps from my math class and we were looking over some stuff and I forgot to take my quiz back from this guy. So we get to class and I see my paper and I'm like, "Hey that's my paper! You ganked my paper!" "...I what?" "You ganked my paper! Give it back." "...Ok..here..." It was so funny! I'm thinking to myself, "That was so awesome! I HAVE to tell LoLo..."
LoLo
Thats so great FP!

hehehe

Now try and use it 3 times today........jk
CrissiLove
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ May 2 2003, 10:51 AM)
LMAO-I know what you mean. Trying laughing at a computer in the middle of the library. Everyone turns to you like WTF...?

Ok, here goes, it was sooo awesome: I was in the library with some peeps from my math class and we were looking over some stuff and I forgot to take my quiz back from this guy. So we get to class and I see my paper and I'm like, "Hey that's my paper! You ganked my paper!" "...I what?" "You ganked my paper! Give it back." "...Ok..here..." It was so funny! I'm thinking to myself, "That was so awesome! I HAVE to tell LoLo..."

yayyyyyyyy *cheers for free psycho for using the word "gank"* smile.gif yippeeeeeee!
Free Psycho
<jumps up and down with crissi for no real reason>
craziness
i dont have the energy to read this whole thing
gank?????
Free Psycho
It's supposed to mean swipe.
LoLo
gank - to steal something to swipe something to take something.......example: I ganked her boyfriend from her and she was very upset.

It's a great word!
prezgfish
i ganked the gankfiends gankatron then patented it to obliterate anemies
CrissiLove
QUOTE (prezgfish @ May 3 2003, 10:04 PM)

well... if there was an award for using the word gank the most in one sentence (regardless of whether or not anyone understands that sentence), then I think you'd win! smile.gif
prezgfish
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ May 4 2003, 04:07 AM)
QUOTE (prezgfish @ May 3 2003, 10:04 PM)

well... if there was an award for using the word gank the most in one sentence (regardless of whether or not anyone understands that sentence), then I think you'd win! smile.gif

yay me

tempted to gank fees gankmobile but remembers its a present to fee

from me

and i'm wasted
CrissiLove
no way... you wouldn't do that.... that would hurt little Fee.... sad.gif You're too sweet to do that... *smile* even when you're drunk! hehe tongue.gif
prezgfish
thast was my point
LoLo
revival of the quest to get people to use gank!
leopold
I do use this from time to time... I called me slsk server (when I had it) the "Gankatron", cos, well, yanno...

I haven't used it so much lately though. Thanks fer the reminder, Lo! smile.gif
the lil' pie fairy
hehe...gank...
what is sike??
leopold
Sike? I dunno...

/me ganks Pie from the thread
Oni Usagi
Sike is like not.
example: Dude, your barbie collection is awesome, sike.
the lil' pie fairy
QUOTE (Oni Usagi @ Jan 14 2004, 03:22 PM)
Sike is like not.

thank you *hugs*

i've been ganked? yay laugh.gif now what could be better than being ganked away by a pear-flavoured leo? wink.gif
leopold
QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Jan 14 2004, 03:33 PM)
now what could be better than being ganked away by a pear-flavoured leo? wink.gif

Nowt. Bein ganked by a pear-flavoured me is the bestest thing in the entire world!
Dreams On Hiatus
gank.... blink.gif

feels weird saying it out loud...

*says it out loud five times* Gank gank gank..

I dunno. I might be able to get used to it. Hmm. I'm going to use it tonight just to see what some people say. I wonder what they'll do to me... ph34r.gif
Phyllis
Sike is like not.

lmfao. That's a great example there, Oni.

I don't say gank...but it doesn't sound odd to me. I guess cause I've heard Lo say it so much...lol.

Maybe I should start using it. Hrmmm.
EvilSpork
Haha! I use gank all the time.. I can't believe I didn't see this! It is used in a game I play a lot, for that it basically means to gang up on somebody or be all stealthy and pop out of nowhere and kill their ass.. But it can also be used for that too, but not many people use it in that form. biggrin.gif I love the word.
Dreams On Hiatus
I've decided to start using 'gank.' laugh.gif 'Tis a good word. happy.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (candice @ Jan 14 2004, 11:59 AM)
Sike is like not.

lmfao. That's a great example there, Oni.

I don't say gank...but it doesn't sound odd to me. I guess cause I've heard Lo say it so much...lol.

Maybe I should start using it. Hrmmm.

Debs used to say it all the time too. Especially in ref to slsk.

QUOTE (Dreams On Hiatus @ Jan 14 2004, 06:01 PM)
I've decided to start using 'gank.'  laugh.gif 'Tis a good word. happy.gif

It's only the best word in the history of mankind! laugh.gif Use it and use it well!
Tigersong
I used this only but recently, in my blog, but only (sadly) in conjunction with someone else's prior ganking.

And I quote: "Ganked from Oni who ganked it from Missy who ganked it from Katii. "
CommandeerOfSouls
I don't think I'd use it... merely 'cause I wouldn't remember to... but it seems super-ok.
VVes
Sorry, rhymes way to close to "Yank" which is pull , and that's ok, but it also is used to refer to Yank(ee) , which is not too cool, or even worse, wank! dry.gif

Whats wrong with rip? Or, swipe? Or, just say what you mean? blink.gif

There's enough confusion already to add to all the drama of ganking a yank skank that wanks. tongue.gif

Thanks
Phyllis
QUOTE (VVes @ Jan 17 2004, 12:59 AM)
Sorry, rhymes way to close to "Yank" which is pull , and that's ok, but it also is used to refer to Yank(ee) , which is not too cool

...and why is that not too cool?
VVes
QUOTE (candice @ Jan 16 2004, 08:05 PM)
Sorry, rhymes way to close to "Yank" which is pull , and that's ok, but it also is used to refer to Yank(ee) , which is not too cool

In most southern states it's derrogatory. Like somebody from up north calling me a hick/redneck/trailer trash. dry.gif
FurryMammal
'Gank' sounds far too much like 'Rank' and 'Mank', which both have meanings of disgustingness. EG, 'man that five day old pizza is a bit mank.' and other such favourites as 'aww christ that's a rank smell, who manked?' and 'don't be such a manky ho!'

Also, 'Gank' has an unpleasant solid sound about it, what with the G and all.
Phyllis
QUOTE (VVes @ Jan 17 2004, 01:13 AM)
QUOTE (candice @ Jan 16 2004, 08:05 PM)

In most southern states it's derrogatory. Like somebody from up north calling me a hick/redneck/trailer trash. dry.gif

Ohhh. Okay. I thought you were saying that Northerners were not too cool.

Hehe. That makes more sense then. tongue.gif

Meanwhile, I still like gank!
darkspree
I like saying "Gank" it has this satisfying feeling to it. Ya know. You see it and it sounds like a ROUND and FULL word and that made sense in my mind.

Basically me like gank.
emiliza
It's super cool! I think I'm going to gank that tofu burger over there.
LoLo
I don't get why people don't like gank due to it sounding like other words. Gank sounds like skank, but it doesn't mean the same thing. Lo sounds like ho or crow or bo, but I'm not one. Get my logic? laugh.gif
darkspree
I was watching a film and realised I was repeating the word 'gank' under my breath. I don't know if I should find that slightly worrying...?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.