Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: London Meet Photos Nov 7th 2004
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
Through the miasma of my hangover I have managed to compile some pics:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/matameets/nov7th.../nov7th2004.htm

I had a really great night. Thanks to everyone who came along!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'm pleasantly surprised - I thought there were some really dodgy ones on there.

*realises they didn't check SPS's camera* ph34r.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
wow!
way to be efficient!

Looks like you all had fun... love the narrative!
Sir Psycho Sexy
teehee....there are videos too!!
Mata
Ooo yes, that reminds me! I've now added a tiny movie loop on there too, it's down near the bottom. Unfortunately I've had to reduce the quality loads so dial-up people will be able to see it, but you can make out Matt dancing and Jon flailing his arms around smile.gif
Forever Unknown
Well done Mata. You are quite quite wonderful at taking bad photos of me. With my navel out a lot, which is quite inappropriate.

I hate you all.
Faerieryn
I'm quite impressed at how little I appear. I approve!
I had a fantastic time every one and I can't wait to do it again.
AND I want a bag. They're so cool!
Polocrunch
I'm impressed at how many shots of the back of my head there are. Nearly every picture contains one.

And when did the incident with the giant green penises occur? How did I miss that?
saucy_tara
Aww you all look like you're having a blast!!! I will have have have to try to come along to the next meet, if only so you can all laugh at how short I am biggrin.gif
exceptional1709
Where did you find the LGG bag? I want one!
Black-Wings
Yeah, you really do look like you're having a great time.. I wish I was there... but I doubt I'll ever be able to come.. I'm kinda young huh?
Black-Wings
Oh yer.. and where do you get the really cool tshirts and merchandise from???
Cath Sparrow
Well it seem yet another Meet has gone off with lot of alcohol!! tongue.gif Glad you guy's had a good time yet again. Mata did you offer to sign the bag for them? tongue.gif
*wanders off muttering about damn lack of money*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
And when did the incident with the giant green penises occur? How did I miss that?

I haven't a clue how you missed it - Jonman had it out for a good 15 minutes. I think either FU or SPS have tons of pictures of the whole sordid affair.

I really don't remember what we were trying to do with Smiler. I've got a pretty clear memory of last night but I do tend to be slightly selective about what I choose to recall... ph34r.gif
MistressAlti
Just... wow, you guys. Wow.
CommieBastard
Once again, I continue the fine Matazone tradition of looking utterly stupid in every photo taken of me ever. Mata, I salute you.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Nov 7 2004, 10:47 PM)

I haven't a clue how you missed it - Jonman had it out for a good 15 minutes. I think either FU or SPS have tons of pictures of the whole sordid affair.

I suspect we were out partaking of the hallowed Kebab at the time.
Sir Psycho Sexy
well, a little teaser, I'll make the pictures a more respectable size sometime tomorrow afternoon I expect, at the moment I'm feeling distinctly like I'm recovering from flu and my higher brain functions feel like they're lacking somewhat, anywho, for your viewing pleasure (sorry about the size for peeps with slower connections, but I have to admit, they're worth the wait)

spanky dancing
and *fanfare*
the green penis dance!!!
Forever Unknown
Ahh! Notably embarrassing. How fabulous.

*plots SPS's death*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
*pulls blankie over her head*

No, no, no, no, no, no, noooooooooo!

*edit*

That brings something else to mind - you've got to watch these guys when they're drinking. They think it's funny that everytime you bend over to get something out of your bag, they grab your thong and give you a huge wedgie. dry.gif

I swear - no item of clothing should ever be that far up your...

You get the idea. biggrin.gif
Queenie
eeeeee... You all looked to have a fab time!!
Mata your photo's are hilarious!!

Dead jealous missed it... *thinks next time!* dry.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Black-Wings @ Nov 7 2004, 06:23 PM)
Oh yer.. and where do you get the really cool tshirts and merchandise from???

You'd be wanting to see this thread then http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=10541

To summarise, I've stopped selling them, but if you're in the southwest UK you might be able to get them in a branch of Blue Banana, otherwise I'm afraid you're out of luck for tops, but bags should be coming to a small gothy shop near you soon! (If not then pester them into ordering some from Blue Banana.) We're hoping to get some tops going next year, but I can't say for sure when that will be.

Commie, I reckon you look pretty good in the 'pony-riding stance' photo. We all always think we look terrible in photos, I know I generally do. I've given up on worrying about it too much these days, because no-one else is ever as critical as we are of ourselves.
Jonman
Urgh.

Yesterday was very very fuzzy.

In my defence, I have only a vague recollection of the green balloon events, with no recollection of how it got down my trousers in the first place. I blame Kat - she's a bad influence on me. I used to be such a nice boy before I met her.

Nice to be able to put faces to people.
froggle-rock
/me blinks at Jonman's Green Penis Dance.

Blimey.

I really do wish I could have stayed on for drinks in Camden, looks like you all had a good giggle, and 'dance'. I guess I'm happy that there are no dodgy pics of me about though! tongue.gif

I didn't get to meet Faerieryn and Smiler (sad.gif), who I heard lives up to his nickname! On the plus, I did get to meet Commie and Polo for the first time, yay biggrin.gif

Hedgehogs Mata? -I wasn't aware that it was at all possible for wildlife to survive in Camden long enought to walk into a pub. blink.gif

Oh, Commie, Polo and I saw the LGG bags too, they look fab!

Woo! Bring on Nottingham! -You'd better be there SPS, you owe me big time!

Oh, I've edited this post about four times so far, mostly for typo's: I've had about 6 hours sleep since Friday. <- Not good. At all. Nopey nope, nope. /shakes head and falls asleep 'zzz'.
Smiler
WAYHAY!!!!

Guys, that was a blast! Fantastic night despite the lootin and pillaging of the misguided rebels dry.gif

Thankfully, no-one was able to grab the elusive running man on film to the dulcet tones of Snap's "I've got the power". So powerful it floored Pat and had Ryn in stiches! Ah, good times.

I had a really good night on Saturday, not often I get fondled by anyone, let alone two lovely ladies, sisters no less! And I was constantly in cracking up.

Jonman's green penis motion was at its best as he bowled over to a completely different crowd of people and asked them to stroke it...very odd...VERY funny and Bob bless Kat's pop cap. So simply providing so much entertainment.

All you guys were great fun, and while I remember pretty much most of the night, little bits have been flashing back to me which are just bemusing. Slimelight would've been great but I had to be up early in the morning for a stunt double session for the my mate Matty B (Old Broderick doesnt really like being called that but hey, when you've been run around and upstaged a giant lizard by a taxi you can put up with anything).

Me want the next one. Notts!!
Forever Unknown
I guess I'm happy that there are no dodgy pics of me about though!

You forgot about the picture I took post-Slimelight, didn't you...?

I had a really good night on Saturday, not often I get fondled by anyone, let alone two lovely ladies, sisters no less!

What can I say? Me and Snugs give a good groping. Especially to left nipples. They're our favourites.

And may I just say, for the record - there were no unfortunate barmen incidients this evening. There was a 50 pint of JDs, but not unfortunate barmen...
Snugglebum the Destroyer
There was a 50 pint of JDs, but not unfortunate barmen...

Oh yes - one of my better ideas. blink.gif

FU - I hope you have photos processing and have a reliable way to get them posted?

*edit*

there were no unfortunate barmen incidients this evening.

Wasn't it an unfortunate french guy...

Hehehehe
Forever Unknown
FU - I hope you have photos processing and have a reliable way to get them posted?

Photos will be eventually. I have to use up the camera, and I keep seeming to do that by accident. I managed to take a photo of the inside of my bag on the train, and an air-bourne photo from when I threw the camera from my bag. So, it's going well.

Wasn't it an unfortunate french guy...

Look, I promised no barmen and I kept that promise. Let's say no more on the matter.
Cath Sparrow
OOOOooo! Is the next one in Nottingham!!!! Cool!!! Yay for cheap accomidation for Cath!!!! *does happy bunny dance*

Was the French man better than the dodgy bar man? Oh! An I already done a reccy on the Barmen and bouncers in Nottingham and there not worth it!
Wyvern
Oh! An I already done a reccy on the Barmen and bouncers in Nottingham and there not worth it!

Photo's are great looks like everyone had much fun, Feeling sorry for the hedgehog though and slightly disturbed by the green penis event huh.gif Im sure it loses much in translation to 2D. Does Smiler really grin like that all the time even when in the middle of assorted invasions of explosive nature?...WOW!

I would like to point out that yes, Cath is right about the bouncers, but she neglected to mention that the finer barman specimens were hiding, I'd warned them of her arrival!

At last I have faces to put with names and personalities, even if only secondhand, maybe next time...hmm, potential....
Faerieryn
Yes smiler does always grin like that!!!

Yay Nottingham! As long as I can come
craziness
YALL ARE SO FRICKIN CUTE!
Tarantio
Looks like you guys had fun, but shame on you Mata, for that unwarranted plug at the end there.

Buy Matazone stuff Buy Matazone stuff

I can't believe I managed to miss this on the forums. I would probably have been able to make it, sinse I spent last weekend doing approximately nothing at all, and still have a sizeable chunk of my student loan left (well, maybe not sizeable, but there IS a chunk).
I'm still considering the arrangements for a meet in Glasgow sometime next spring, but I haven't done anything about it, so don't bother all getting back to me about anything, I'm still dreaming it all up at the moment. I won't actually post anything til December or January at the earliest, if the thing is even possible at all.
But seriously, the World's End. Dammit, I've wanted to go there for aaaaaaages...
Bastages...
Mata
On the bright side Tara, this one seemed like a good solution for many people, so I'm sure that we'll do it again. It's even vaguely economical for many of us because it doesn't involve trying to find accomodation anywhere.
Forever Unknown
But seriously, the World's End. Dammit, I've wanted to go there for aaaaaaages...
Bastages..

For the record: Worst. Toilets. Ever.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Nov 11 2004, 01:42 PM)
Bastages..

For the record: Worst. Toilets. Ever.

It's almost as if people walk in and just piss, isn't it?
Snugglebum the Destroyer
It's almost as if people walk in and just piss, isn't it?

The mens were substantially worse then the womens, it's got to be said.

But at least there was toilet paper in the mens. smile.gif
Mata
Blimey, it's nice to know us men aren't just whining about nothing. They really are terrible toilets in there. The weird thing is though, if you ever say something like that while standing in them, then there will always be someone who chirps up with 'They're not as bad as...' Yes, those are bad, but apparently there are even worse out there.
Righteous
I was showing my brother the pics of the meet to show him that we aren't all antisocial computer geeks. I told him about you guys then I mentioned something about the drinking age being lower than in the States. "Wait, how old's the drinking age there?" "Eighteen, I believe." "Do you plan on seeing any of these guys soon?" "I dunno. Why?" "If you do, you gotta bring me and Matt. You go meet up with these Matazone people and we'll go to the bars."

So now my little brother's begging me to take him to London so he can get smashed. Thanks Matazone. tongue.gif
Polocrunch
That's the spirit of Matazone!
Righteous
Yes, Polo. And when I visit, you can help me out by holding Matt's hair back when he vomits as I counsell Rick and tell him that his girlfriend really does love him even if they did have a fight. Jeez. Same bullsh*t, different country.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Well it'd save me having to make an arse of myself for the entertainment of others >_> tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Well it'd save me having to make an arse of myself for the entertainment of others

Speaking of which - we're still waiting for your pictures. wink.gif
Righteous
Rick and Matt, drunk or not, are hilarious. It's when the end of the night comes and they're had too much vodkha when things get bad. I think some of you cats might actually like them.
Sir Psycho Sexy
ok, god bless photoshop and its built in gallery maker! tongue.gif

about 30 seconds work there

editted to update linky
Forever Unknown
Dammit.

The worst photo of me in existence, and I did it on purpose...

Oh, the humanity...
Faerieryn
And there was me thinking that I had escaped the horror of me in a photo!!!! Did I really look that gone?!?
Forever Unknown
And there was me thinking that I had escaped the horror of me in a photo!!!! Did I really look that gone?!?

I don't think so.

To be honest, I was too drunken to notice much...

At least you don't look like you've got the Palsy, like me.

/end offensiveness
Snugglebum the Destroyer
One of them really does look like me and FU are snogging. blink.gif

The ones of us dancing are pretty good.

However, I deny that I ever attempted to perform fellatio on that balloon. Remember the rules, if you don't have a clear memory of it happening, it never occurred. wink.gif

Even when the photographic evidence suggests otherwise...

*edit*

Doesn't my hair look great in these photos!! *flicks hair around, VO5 advert style*
Mata
Hey, looks like I managed to almost completely avoid that set. I believe there is a shot of me growing out of the top of Jon's head (while Kim is laughing at him... See! I told you that was her theme for the night!) and I think there's the back of my head in one of them too. Obviously I'll need to make more of a tit of myself next time and then there will be photos a-plenty!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.